65 East 54th St
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cellinirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127511555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:045am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday:
5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dino Arpaia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 10 - 200 people and have private areas available.
- Private Party Contact: Dino Arpaia 2127511555x
A word from Cellini
Cellini’s culinary style of chic simplicity produces a menu of astounding freshness and creativity. We began with a masterful rendition of cornmeal polenta wedges with masses of slivered shitake mushrooms and a calamari salad garnished with beans and scallions, each set off with a hot, homemade foccacia, augmented with sliced crusty Tuscan bread. We next chose panzotti-supple half moon pasta filled with fresh, crisp vegetables lightly bathed in a delicate porcini mushroom sauce. A unique tubular pasta stuffed with the freshest fish and spinach under a seasoned fish stock was enough to show us that each dish here has its own personality, and is densely concentrated with flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cellini reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (16)romantic (13)good for groups (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very goodcaroleDined on 8/20/2014Had the Bianca salad really different and really good sliced white veggies. Shared gnocchi comes with white cream sauce thought it was going to be a red sauce we read the menu wrong but turned out to be very good. Tiramisu was outstanding!!!! One of the best we have ever had!!! Also cappuccino was one of the best we've ever had came really hot hot hot just the way I like itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food. My husband loves the grilled octopus salad and I love their risotto. Their Tiramisu is fabulous as is their Creme Brulee. Consistantly good.Special Features:
- Fantastictjs160Dined on 8/8/2014Very mature setting and nothing distracting you from your dinner guests. Great place to have a peaceful yet delicious meal.Special Features:
- Good find for after work eventSupersteakhouse85fanDined on 8/5/2014Food was very tasty but my friend got foil in her dish and could've choked and when we told the waiter he just shrugged and said, "oh, sorry about that." Portions are not outrageous so if you like a big dish of pasta this place is not for you. If I'm in the area I would go back, but wouldn't go out of my way to get to for quality and price. I did like the decor though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner2Dined on 7/27/2014Pasta made perfectly (just a little al dente, as it should be); salmon, heavenly. Friendly greetings. I make it a point to visit, every trip to NY.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Very good dinner. Very good pasta and meat. very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the EmbustadaMikeySquaredVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been three times, I've always had the same thing. I know I'm going to have it before I even arrive in Manhattan. Though the name means envelope, it's like a pillow filled with everything that is good (veal, chicken, wild mushrooms,...)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelliniOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014Excellent food always. Healthy but large portions. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Good food, but small spaceAwesomenessDined on 7/1/2014Food and Service was great. Just felt a little closed in and a little noisy due to the small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eatJChathamoVIPDined on 6/27/2014Everything was great, the food & the service were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicePaulaVIPDined on 6/26/2014So happy to have found this gem! The food was wonderful, the service wonderful. Heavenly!Special Features:
- Best Italian food in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014I have nothing about amazing things to say about Cellini's - it is the best Italian food in the city! I have eaten in so many Italian restaurants in New York City and I keep coming back here. The food is outstanding, portions are well sized and priced well. It has an authentic Italian feel and the owner is extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Delightfultpal52VIPDined on 6/17/2014This is a great neighborhood place. The food was wonderful and the service was perfect. Attentive staff and a lovely ambience. Will definitely return when I'm back in NY.Special Features:
- A great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/5/2014A totally positive recommendation: superlative dinners, service, atmosphere. One of the best restaurants I've ever been in. If I lived in NYC, I'd dine at Cellini every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staffMia1VIPDined on 6/3/2014Great staff, food and wine. My go to place for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Cellini'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014Every time we visit NYC we go for dinner at Cellini's. It is always wonderful!Special Features:
- Not what it used to be!LS81VIPDined on 5/20/2014SO disappointing. Dined here this week for my mother's birthday. We loved this place so much, and it is such a shame to see it has declined to the level we found it at. Service was a hallmark here, and we found it near-non existent. While the waiter was quick to bring our wine, after taking our order he rarely came back. There is plenty of help, but no one seems clear on what they should be doing. After flagging someone down to get water, only one (of three) glasses were filled. Food was an even bigger disappointment. Pasta, always a highlight in the past, was overcooked and gummy. I'm sad to say after coming here many times we won't be returning.
- Good food! Good service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Cellino's. There were 5 of us around a cozy round table which was good because the noise level when the place was full would have made it difficult to talk otherwise. They graciously brought out desserts with candles for my nephew and his friend who were celebrating their birthdays. Food and service have always been good when we have eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A matinee and dinner dateHumblysubmittedDined on 5/11/2014Cellini is just a short walk from the theater district and "miles" away from the noise and hustle and bustle of most theater district restaurants. The atmosphere is very pleasant and subdued. The service is excellent and we have always found the food to be very good. It is a wonderful way to end an afternoon at the theater.Special Features:
- A Lovely Placeluv2dineDined on 5/10/2014First visit this past weekend. Everything was fabulous. Fish was delicious along with the Norma Pasta, seafood pasta, salads...Service was fantastic..very quick. Overall a great find in NYC. Will be back!Special Features:
- DisappointedMaryAnnVIPDined on 5/10/2014We arrived about 6:30 for a reservation. The place was relatively empty. We literally just put our butts in the seats and the waiter pounced on us for our drink order. My husband, who never gets annoyed, asked if we could have a minute. The food was good but very limited. I think my linguini fruiti de mare came with 5 strands of linguini. When we were done, we couldn't find a waiter for our check! So many restaurants to try, I wouldn't return here due to the poor service.
- Wonderful EveningGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014My husband and I have dined here many times alone and with friends. We love it and so do they. This time we guested our granddaughter, she said she entered a food coma; it was absolutely scrumptious! The ambience and attention of the servers equal the wonderful food. A bonus.....one can converse without "screaming".Special Features:
- The following 446 reviews are from the Cellini reviews archive.
- Overall pleasant experience.ColonboyDined on 4/25/2014Cellini was a pleasant surprise. Good location near mid-town hotels, cozy and casual atmosphere, very good classic Italian food. Service was efficient. Will return.Special Features:
- Quality and freshnessFoodLover15Dined on 4/23/2014The quality of the food was excellent very fresh and prepared timely and with care. Fish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!RobinVIPDined on 4/18/2014We came on a friday nite with husband and daughter at 7:15pm. Good time to come because it got more crowded later on. Good service, vy good food. We had prosciutto de Parma and pears, burrata and prosciutto. The risotto was excellent as was the carbonara. Very tasty and not overly creamy or heavy. When my daughter was unsure of whether she would like saffron in her risotto, the waiter brought her a little of the spice to try. So nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/16/2014I took clients for lunch and it was lovely. We all get different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food. It was wonderful. I will certainly go back for more. The service was pleasant and attentive as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italythefoodiesVIPDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food service. Best pasta. And desfile cisnes.Special Features:
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/11/2014A tad expensive but very reliable. Maybe upgrade house winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Cellini's with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2014Went to Cellini's with our daughter and son in law and had a great evening. Staff was very attentive, food was excellent. Will definitely return when we are next in New York.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBlumerDined on 3/28/2014Went with my wife for our anniversary. The service was spot on, the staff were very friendly and attentive, the ambiance was wonderful and the food was amazing! The octopus appetizer was delicious, and my seafood with linguine was divine. My wife's Caesar salad might be the best we've ever had and her chicken parmigiana melted in your mouth! We will be going back again with friends very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downEileenVIPDined on 3/12/2014We've eaten at cellini over the years, and the food has always been excellent. However, the last fee times we were there, the food was not good. The veal was tough, and the portions much smaller than usual. Not worth the price.
- Homestyle GoodnesskrayDined on 3/8/2014My daughter and I were in NYC for the weekend. Reading through reviews - we liked the thought of a quiet spot with delicious food. We were treated to both at Cellini. Excellent service by waitstaff and our food was fresh, prompt and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Valentine's DinnerChi28Dined on 2/14/2014Last minute trip to NYC for Valentine's, stayed in nearby Times Square; able to get short notice reservation for Cellini, most places were booked. Never been here. We were rewarded for our choice with a great dining experience. Chianti was a nice choice, warm breads with olive oil , Broccoli rabe appetizer plentiful for sharing, fresh and tasty. Lamb chops and Veal were our dinners-delicious! Espresso&Cappuccino Creme Brulee and Tiramisu- Absolute Yum!. Bill 140ish; quality and quantity worth the price. Dining room was cute/comfortable, unfortunately we were seated at the very front table. I would have liked being "in" the room a little further just for the ambience, but it was still a great choice and I would go back and I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuscan experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2014We returned to this place after several years and found it has remained true to itself. The seafood risotto was a well prepared and presented dish using the freshed ingredients. My spouse equally enjoyed his fresh pasta bolognese. The service was extremely professional and attentive given the fact that it was Valentine's Day, so we were impressed. We loved the biscotti, on the house, and the cappuccino was delicious too. It was a very satisfying experience from soup to nuts! Will definitely come back for another great evening sometime soon. Thanks Cellini for making our meal so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian FoodJanDVIPDined on 2/12/2014Upscale Italian food but not overpriced. Its an attractive, cozy , informal restaurant . We had fish and salads and all of the dishes were excellent. The dessert menu was uninspiring but one person ordered the cheesecake - not usually my favorite dessert but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food/Abominable ServiceMsFussyVIPDined on 2/8/2014The food was delicious but not good enough to make up for some of the worst service ever. The food came out of the kitchen well enough but there were too few waiters to take care of the tables- or at least our table. After our main course the waiter slammed a plate of biscotti down on the table and did not even stop walking. 30 minutes later when we were still unable to order coffee or dessert we just asked for the check, paid and left. I would not return.
- Not for womenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014It's a man's world at Cellini. A woman waiting. For her companions will be ignored, have dishes for neighboring tables served over her head... It's a popular business lunch spot and the food is good, but not good enough to put up with the contempt of the wait staff.
- Feels Like a Neighborhood PlaceStreetguyVIPDined on 1/24/2014There is something homey about this restaurant. The servers act as if they know you. There are, on weekends, often filled large tables with multli-generatiional groups including kids, and the food is hearty and always tasty. The setting is charming, slightly cliched provincial. And the vast array of servers share the work. We started with an antipasto that I asked for that was not on the menu. Perfectly cooked seared butterfly shrimps, big chunks of squid, clams, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, and asparagus, olives and tomatoes. What a way to start a meal! I titled this report "feels like" a neighborhood place because the mid-town east side location doesn't seem like one. But we feel happy going there when we visit NY.Special Features:
- We had a fine dning experienceJudypieVIPDined on 1/16/2014We had a fine dning experience and will surely recommend this restaurant and return ourselves.Special Features:
- ReliablepandapaVIPDined on 1/16/2014I have generally gone to Cellini for business lunches and found the food to be very good and service to be discreet. I recently went for dinner. The noise level was a little more elevated. That was primarlly because everybody seemed to be friends. Unlike other midtown restaurants, the tables seemed to be filled with locals coming for what they expected. A good meal in a comfortable atmosphere. While I would not pick Cellini for a special occasion, if you want a reliable place where you can have a decent bottle of wine and spend time talking to friends, this is a very good choice.Special Features: