65 East 54th St
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cellinirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 751-1555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:045am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday:
5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dino Arpaia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 10 - 200 people and have private areas available.
- Private Party Contact: Dino Arpaia 2127511555x
A word from Cellini
Cellini’s culinary style of chic simplicity produces a menu of astounding freshness and creativity. We began with a masterful rendition of cornmeal polenta wedges with masses of slivered shitake mushrooms and a calamari salad garnished with beans and scallions, each set off with a hot, homemade foccacia, augmented with sliced crusty Tuscan bread. We next chose panzotti-supple half moon pasta filled with fresh, crisp vegetables lightly bathed in a delicate porcini mushroom sauce. A unique tubular pasta stuffed with the freshest fish and spinach under a seasoned fish stock was enough to show us that each dish here has its own personality, and is densely concentrated with flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cellini reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)romantic (15)good for groups (12)notable wine list (7)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- We will keep coming backRobinVIPDined on 11/21/2014Went with Family on a Friday night at 7:00. Glad we didnt come later since it got a bit crowded. Prosciutto, burrata, salad all great as was the grilled shrimp and the pastas. Wish they had better desserts however the biscotti were great. Service attentive but not overbearing. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good but a little slow for lunchNemzVIPDined on 11/18/2014The food was really good, but the service was extremely slow. We arrived for a 12:30 reservation and didn't get food until almost 1:30.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinickyfoodieFinickyfoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Took my mother and sisters here for moms 75th birthday weekend. Although the food was decent the service was not. The wait staff were rude from the moment we sat, speaking condescendingly to my mother when she asked for ice. They rushed us through the meal making us feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. I had told them from the start it was my moms birthday too. They forgot our coffees, brought the check before we asked for it, and didn't even ask if I wanted change, just kept the money. It's a shame because it could be such a nice dining venue if only they employed a more professional and welcoming wait staff. I will NEVER done there again!
- A solid , wonderful experienceOliverDined on 11/7/2014Simply wonderful! The comfortable, warm decor is matched by the attentive and friendly staff. Top this off with simply divine food and everyone at our table proclaimed that this was a true gem.Special Features:
- Consistanly OutstandingMoneymanDined on 11/6/2014I had a busness lunch and it was great. Good service and wonderful food. Prices are a bargain considering the quality. You really cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok placeCons1VIPDined on 11/5/2014a good predicable place. service is so so depending on when you get there. seemed too slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but goodGoodeats115Dined on 11/4/2014The food was excellent, although I was missing the anchovies on my Caesar salad. The sides were skimpy & the waiters never came around to offer more bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school ItalianSherylVIPDined on 11/3/2014With traditional decor and attentive service, the restaurant serves up delicious dishes. Burrata appetizer was excellent, and chicken paillard was moist and flavorful, with a generous portion of arugula salad on the plate. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian foodAndyDined on 11/1/2014I was in town for NYC marathon and had the Veal Milanese with a side of pasta. Both were excellent. Service was very good, if not too fast (but fine for me since I was dining alone the night be for the marathon).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in mid townDaveDined on 10/26/2014I've eaten here many times for business dinners and chose Cellini for a recent dinner with my wife when she traveled with me. The grilled Calamari and prosciutto starters were authentic and delicious. Service is always impeccable and the menu is pretty reasonable given the quality of the food and overall experience. Always on my short list and never disappoints when i'm in midtown.Special Features:
- Perfect for an early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014We arrived at 5:30 pm to a warm glo inside and greeted by a charming lady who took our coats. The martini and Caesar salad were to die for. The liguini vongoli was not seasoned enough. Broth was good but not great. Definitely will return when in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars in my opinion!SunnyInTheSouthDined on 10/18/2014This place deserved 5 stars all around. The menu has a nice variety -- authentic dishes that are still approachable to the non-adventurous eaters in your group. We had 2 different lovely wines, my entree (scallops) was perfect -- large, plump scallops with a nice browning while still moist and delicious. The little biscotti served after the meal were a nice touch.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Had the Veal chop Milanese and it was incredible! good octopus starter. Good suggestion for wine from waitstaff. A very nice place for a nice evening outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as I rememberIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 10/16/2014I took some clients there for lunch recently. It was a perfect venue for a business's lunch meeting...not too loud and great midtown location. The food was excellent. To start I ordered the pasta fagioli, may be the best I have ever had, followed by the salmon paillard, which was also very good. Would highly recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodwonderingVIPDined on 10/13/2014Some of the best Italian food you will find anywhere. Seating is a bit tight. Service is quick and attentive, and guests are not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!BillyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Cellini is a real gem. The food was awesome and the staff treats you very well. We will most definitely be back!
- consistentMOMADined on 10/9/2014The food is consistent and reasonably priced. Their signature meatballs and spaghetti are great.Special Features:
- Great from beginning to endJEPVDined on 9/22/2014Went after work around 8:30 pm on Moday night. Half full, groups and couples, mostly from in-town, meaning no foreigner. Service was great, wine suggestion superb, and all courses, i mean all, just delicious. Would definitively repeat. Not cheqp, but worths the money i spent. $115 p.p. With wine, water, 2 courses, dessert and coffee. Includes tax and tips.Special Features:
- Lunch at CelliniJChathamoVIPDined on 9/11/2014The Food & service were outstanding!! This is one of the best places to have lunch in the entire city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In and outSundaymanVIPDined on 9/10/2014We called an hour before our reservation and was assured that Gluten Free pasta was available. Had some wine and we ordered salads and 2 pasta dishes. After finishing our appetizers we were told that the kitchen did not have any gluten free pasta left. I looked at the menu and ordered the swordfish and was told they did not have it. At that point we asked for a check and left. The question that I have is how do you not have 10 or 15 boxes of gluten free pasta in the kitchen as a reserve. What do I know? I'm not a restauranteur.Special Features:
- Local favorite of mine - -JEFFERESDined on 9/5/2014Never had a bad meal-best lasagna-very accommodating-food cooked to your liking-quiet and relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodcaroleDined on 8/20/2014Had the Bianca salad really different and really good sliced white veggies. Shared gnocchi comes with white cream sauce thought it was going to be a red sauce we read the menu wrong but turned out to be very good. Tiramisu was outstanding!!!! One of the best we have ever had!!! Also cappuccino was one of the best we've ever had came really hot hot hot just the way I like itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food. My husband loves the grilled octopus salad and I love their risotto. Their Tiramisu is fabulous as is their Creme Brulee. Consistantly good.Special Features:
- Fantastictjs160Dined on 8/8/2014Very mature setting and nothing distracting you from your dinner guests. Great place to have a peaceful yet delicious meal.Special Features:
- Good find for after work eventSupersteakhouse85fanDined on 8/5/2014Food was very tasty but my friend got foil in her dish and could've choked and when we told the waiter he just shrugged and said, "oh, sorry about that." Portions are not outrageous so if you like a big dish of pasta this place is not for you. If I'm in the area I would go back, but wouldn't go out of my way to get to for quality and price. I did like the decor though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 464 reviews are from the Cellini reviews archive.
- Diner2Dined on 7/27/2014Pasta made perfectly (just a little al dente, as it should be); salmon, heavenly. Friendly greetings. I make it a point to visit, every trip to NY.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Very good dinner. Very good pasta and meat. very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the EmbustadaMikeySquaredVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been three times, I've always had the same thing. I know I'm going to have it before I even arrive in Manhattan. Though the name means envelope, it's like a pillow filled with everything that is good (veal, chicken, wild mushrooms,...)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelliniOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014Excellent food always. Healthy but large portions. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Good food, but small spaceAwesomenessDined on 7/1/2014Food and Service was great. Just felt a little closed in and a little noisy due to the small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eatJChathamoVIPDined on 6/27/2014Everything was great, the food & the service were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicePaulaVIPDined on 6/26/2014So happy to have found this gem! The food was wonderful, the service wonderful. Heavenly!Special Features:
- Best Italian food in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014I have nothing about amazing things to say about Cellini's - it is the best Italian food in the city! I have eaten in so many Italian restaurants in New York City and I keep coming back here. The food is outstanding, portions are well sized and priced well. It has an authentic Italian feel and the owner is extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Delightfultpal52VIPDined on 6/17/2014This is a great neighborhood place. The food was wonderful and the service was perfect. Attentive staff and a lovely ambience. Will definitely return when I'm back in NY.Special Features:
- A great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/5/2014A totally positive recommendation: superlative dinners, service, atmosphere. One of the best restaurants I've ever been in. If I lived in NYC, I'd dine at Cellini every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staffMia1VIPDined on 6/3/2014Great staff, food and wine. My go to place for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Cellini'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014Every time we visit NYC we go for dinner at Cellini's. It is always wonderful!Special Features:
- Not what it used to be!LS81VIPDined on 5/20/2014SO disappointing. Dined here this week for my mother's birthday. We loved this place so much, and it is such a shame to see it has declined to the level we found it at. Service was a hallmark here, and we found it near-non existent. While the waiter was quick to bring our wine, after taking our order he rarely came back. There is plenty of help, but no one seems clear on what they should be doing. After flagging someone down to get water, only one (of three) glasses were filled. Food was an even bigger disappointment. Pasta, always a highlight in the past, was overcooked and gummy. I'm sad to say after coming here many times we won't be returning.
- Good food! Good service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Cellino's. There were 5 of us around a cozy round table which was good because the noise level when the place was full would have made it difficult to talk otherwise. They graciously brought out desserts with candles for my nephew and his friend who were celebrating their birthdays. Food and service have always been good when we have eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A matinee and dinner dateHumblysubmittedDined on 5/11/2014Cellini is just a short walk from the theater district and "miles" away from the noise and hustle and bustle of most theater district restaurants. The atmosphere is very pleasant and subdued. The service is excellent and we have always found the food to be very good. It is a wonderful way to end an afternoon at the theater.Special Features: