18767 Main Street
Groveland, CA 95321Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://groveland.com/dining/
- Phone: (209) 962-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: May - September: 7:30 am - 10:00 am, October - April: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Dinner: Daily: May - September: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, October - November: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm.
Closed Tuesdays: December - April
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Local area catering for Weddings, Family Reunions, Corporate events in the Groveland area.
- Private Party Facilities: We have Private Dining options in four areas:
* 22 guests in the Upstairs Banquet Room
*2 - 4 guests in the romantic, candlelit, fireplace parlour
*45 guests in the Main Dining Room
*Warm Weather Dining in the outdoor Courtyard in the Main Lower Lever, the Upper Courtyard or parties of 8 or less in the Gazebo
- Private Party Contact: Willow Polson 209-962-4000x304
- Entertainment: The Yosemite Courtyard Cabaret presents 5 shows between Memorial Day and mid-September. Live shows include jazz, cover shows (Elvis, Johnny Cash, Beatles, etc) and include dinner package options. Our new Winter Magic dinner theater series features world-class magicians from Hollywood, Reno and San Francisco in an intimate setting. The Mark Twain event includes an authentic menu from the 1840s and tall tales of Samuel Clemens, as portrayed by Pat Kaunert. Winemaker dinners represent the essence of our Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence Wine List. New Year’s Eve offers dinner and dancing to live music.
A word from Cellar Door
California Seasonal Fresh Cuisine with locally grown fresh produce when available. A collection of dishes that represent an extensive contemporary repertoire of food. Let us help plan your special events, or if something very special is needed, we can arrange that, too. It’s the perfect venue for weddings, receptions, family reunions, company parties, etc. Many special events are offered each year, including Winter Magic dinner shows, the Yosemite Courtyard Cabaret concert series, murder mystery dinners, holiday celebrations, progressive dinners about town, Winemaker Dinners, wine, port, scotch and bourbon tastings, and the fabulous New Year's Eve party. Ask about the romantic parlor dining area for two or four. Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence. Full Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cellar Door - Best Restaurants in Groveland ›
Cellar Door reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food and service!LoopyDined on 9/29/2014We ate in Cellar Door out of season so it was very quiet but. Our server and the quality of the food were outstanding. Very friendly place and they really do take pride in serving good quality food which is very well presented on the plate. If we return to the area, we will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinningnyprinca58Dined on 9/6/2014Great place to have a romantic dinner. It quiet, services is great and the people great attitude. I recommend the outdoor dinning the weather was great; especially when a full moon it made the mood even that much special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantRandyDined on 9/6/2014We were told not to expect good service at the Cellar Door, but had no problems at all. The service is euro-styled - a bit on the quick/perfunctory side, but very efficient. The food was delicious and the wine list quite impressive. We also loved dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Cellar Door reviews archive.
- AllfourfunDined on 6/14/2014We arrived on time and we're shown to a table set up for four. Our reservation was for two. The waitress said they were busy and that we would have to share out table with someone else. We asked that they split the two tables that were together but that left no aisle room to walk by. she said looks like the set up people goofed up and we got the short end of the stick. I expressed my dissatisfaction and they moved us to an open table for four. We enjoyed our dinner but we're upset with the way we were seatedSpecial Features:
- Historic settingJRivaDined on 6/14/2014I chose the Cellar Door based on online reviews because there seemed to only be a few restaurants in Groveland beyond the usual casual dining options. The food was decent, though the rolls were very stale. The historic ambience was nice though the tables were a bit too close together. They were out of one of the dishes (how do you run out of polenta?), the waitresses seemed rather harried (perhaps because of the 8 pm show that was to take place in the outdoor area). My husband's martini was tasty but arrived practically right before his meal was brought out. Then there was confusion about the wine-by-the-glass that he'd ordered. If they cannot manage the VERY extensive wine list then maybe they should scale it back.Special Features:
- It was great!FirstReviewDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I were on our way to Yosemite for the first time. I picked Cellar Door based on an OpenTable review. I'm glad I did. Service and dinner were excellent. We tried the red wine sampler, which had some pleasant and interesting wines. Our steak was perfectly prepared. We like it rare and this steak was all I hoped it would be. The asparagus was exactly at that point of crispness and tenderness you want. But the star had to be the '97 Taylor Fladgate port. It was absolutely gorgeous! I can't recall drinking its equal. Highly recommend. On another trip, that's where we'll have dinner. Probably stay there next time, too. Good people, operating an attractive hotel with great food in a picturesque location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014We had a very nice dinner. The place was quiet - it was a weekday evening. I enjoyed having the hotel cat visit with us for a moment. Overall I'd give it a very good rating. I'm sure as the season gets started the menu will fill out and the place will be packed - as I have remembered it to be in the past.Special Features:
- Sorely disappointedfoodplayerDined on 3/26/2014After hearing for years about the great food and wine list, I decided to save up my money and check it out. I was sorely disappointed. They did not have the first wine I ordered, and the second was clearly oxidized from being open so long. When I asked for a suggestion for a third choice, I was given a glass of the house wine. Not very exciting but at least drinkable. They were out of two items on the menu, one of which was salad (!). Again I asked for an alternative and I was given a standard green salad. My partner never even got the side dish he ordered. The server tried to make it good in the end. We were comped the wine. Food was fair. I'm not even going to mention being seated in an empty dining room next to the only crying baby.
- It's probably the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014It's probably the best restaurant in the town, the food was good but a little overpriced especially for the area. We went to the Ahwahnee the next night & the food was better & less expensive.Special Features:
- December Dining OutGrovelandBobDined on 12/11/2013We enjoyed our dinner at the Groveland Hotel (the restaurant is called the Cellar Door) the other night. Rhonda could not have been a better server, and we had a great time with marvelous food! Thanks to you all at the Cellar Door! We'll return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2013We ate there Sunday nite, August 4th. I ordered the chicken breast and my husband ordered the Rib-eye. Unfortunately both of our meals were way over cooked. My chicken breast was pretty charred and the burnt flavor was all I could taste. My husband asked for his steak medium, and it came well. The sides were very good - polenta and garlic mashed. They were out of the spring roll appetizers. Wine list very good. Unfortunately our meal was a big miss and disappointment for the high price. Service was good.Special Features:
- In the middle of nowhereJudyDined on 7/18/2013Stayed at the Groveland Hotel 23 miles from Yosemite. We were hungry after a busy day of hiking and had a fabulous meal at the Cellar Door. My husband and son both had steak cooked to their specifications. I had the Portabello mushroom ravioli which was delicious. The waitress was friendly and attentive, but not overly.....Special Features:
- Mixed reviewChristyVDined on 6/21/2013Lamb was excellent but the polenta and broccoli were luke warm. My companions salmon was perfect. We had to ask waitress for beverage refills. Service was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not open for lunchGoodeatsVIPDined on 6/19/2013Open table let us book for lunch and the place was empty and no one there when we arrived. Too bad as the menu looked great. Ate at the Mexican place down the road which was pretty good.
- Great food - great chefDEEDEEDined on 6/9/2013The chef adapted the food for our allergies and it was all FANTASTIC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music wasn't very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013Music wasn't very romantic or calming (disco and then jamacian). Romaine wedge salad was half the size and twice the price it should have been. However, the linguini and three cheese Alfredo was AMAZING!!!Special Features:
- Cellar Door, Groveland CAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013This was our second visit to the Cellar Door. Both times have been excellent. They have a new chef, Danny, he really knows his food everything was perfect. There were 4 of us. Two had the Ribeye steaks cooked perfect. Two had the salmon also cooked perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It's inside of the Groveland Hotel which is a bed and breakfast where we stayed. Looking forward to next year.Special Features:
- The friends who were diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013The friends who were dining with us said the food was much better a couple of years ago. My chicken was served with an entirely different sauce than that listed on the men with no explanation. Friendly waitress.
- A lovely dinner at a charmingkzmckeownDined on 2/8/2013A lovely dinner at a charming inn, at the door of one of the most beautiful places on Earth--Yosemite National Park.
- Very nice environment andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Very nice environment and location. New york steak was the best steak ive had and the wife's curry chicken was excellent!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012We enjoyed our dinner at the Cellar Door where we found the food, service and ambiance all good.Special Features:
- Slow service, everything else okMikeBDined on 6/23/2012While this is "fine dining" in a small town with limited options, it is not the best place in the area. The service was slow, and the food was good but not at a good value considering the portion size and cost. This is a place you go to if you do not care about the cost and you want a good glass of wine with your meal. There is an extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Had a very nice dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Had a very nice dinner and experience at the Cellar Door. Service and dinner was exceptional.Special Features:
- Even though there were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2012Even though there were very few patrons, the wait staff were very attentive and we never got the feeling that they wanted to be done and out of there! The food was exceptional and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- There is a reason you decideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2012There is a reason you decide to spend 3 hours over dinner - enjoyment! 4 of us had dinner that evening, with several opting for the soup flight and fillet flight. The soups were very good and the lamb on the fillet flight was outstanding (the beef and pork were also very good). The wine list was quite extensive and we were never rushed during our evening, allowing us to enjoy that wine and the beautiful chocolate flight we had to finish the evening.Special Features:
- worst restaurant and managerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2012do not eat here. i was charged twice for the same dinner because they don't have good record keeping techniques. do not pay cash especially if you are staying at the hotel. i paid cash for my dinner and they accused me of charging it to the room. buyer beware.
- everything was great untilOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2012everything was great until they tried to charge me twice for the same dinner. the service and food was excellent. they just have very poor record keeping. i paid cash for the dinner and they say that i charged it to the room. do not go here.
- do not eat here. the managerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2012do not eat here. the manager can't be trusted. always pay with a card.
- We visited on a Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2012We visited on a Tuesday night in the winter season. Despite the fine dining & ambiance, most patrons were dressed quite casually, some even in hotel robes. I was disappointed to discover the salad and entree I had originally wanted were both not available. I ended up with the green salad and my husband had cream of broccoli soup. They were both delicious. The chicken entree I ate was spectacular. The blend of flavors, the portion size, the presentation were all great. My husband had the BBQ ribs w/fries, though he felt the ribs were a bit dry. We were too full to try any dessert. Service was very friendly though she seemed a bit overwhelmed. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and our evening. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The waiting staff were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2012The waiting staff were very kind and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Wow! Great time had by all!ErnestDined on 1/27/2012Wow! Great time had by all! Great dinner speaker!! Regimens to all!Special Features: