6 Aviles St
Saint Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cellar6staugustine.com/
- Phone: 9048279055
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 4 PM til 12 AM Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00 am
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00 am
Sunday: 3:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Cellar 6 features local artists nightly. Soloists as well and bands will entertain you every night at Cellar 6. Music begins nightly around 9 p.m.
- Cross Street: King Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available around the plaza off King Street. There is also a Public City Parking lot behind Trinity Episcopal Church which is one block East of the Casa Monica Hotel. Turn right onto St. George Street and take the first left. Parking is free after 5 p.m. and all day Sunday. Occasionally parking is not available in this lot due to church functions. There is also parking available behind the Lightner Museum just a few blocks away.
A word from Cellar 6
We are St. Augustine's premier Wine and Cocktail Restaurant. Located in the heart of downtown St. Augustine, Cellar 6 features a full dinner menu created by our two inspiring chefs who have combined their experiences to bring you weekly special dinner entrees, soups, salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts. We offer a selection of 50 bottles of wine under $50 as well as over 30 varietals by the glass under $10 that can be found as highly rated in Wine Spectator. Our specialty martini's and cocktails and beer from around the world will ensure all are left eating and drinking something they love. Come and join us for happy hour from 4 to 7pm (weekends 3-6 p.m.), live entertainment every night of the week, and dinner and drinks! www.cellar6staugustine.com. Become our friend on FB at Cellar Six for tonight's latest promotions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cellar 6 - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Cellar 6 reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (22)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (21)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (17)good for groups (10)scenic view (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Really wanted to find something special and romantic for my getaway weekend so I booked a reservation here. It was our first time and the please was beautiful. Dim lit with candles on every table. The perfect setting for an intimate date night. Our server Carly was super friendly and was on point with the specials. Drink were amazing and the Brie and our dinners were to die for! Best date I've been on and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice night out. The live music there is also perfect for the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We went to Cellar 6 for our 2nd Anniversary and the ambiance of the restaurant was just perfect! The menus lit up which was really cool and the food was amazing. I got the Shrimp & Grits and my husband had the Burger. I think my meal was the best I've ever eaten in my life.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014You need better umbrellas for dining outside. We were there during the rain and inside was very noisy and cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was great. The only problem was the temperature. It was absolutely freezing towards the middle of the restaurant with the air vents blowing down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014This was the second time to Cellar 6. The food was just great both times. The service this time was much better. We had and excellent waiter who new all dishes and wine very well.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!Island1234Dined on 8/31/2014We made reservations for 8:00, was seated promptly. There was a large engagement party finishing up, so it was very crowded and loud upon entering. We decided right then to grab a drink and appetizer then leave. After our sashimi tuna arrived and we tasted it, we decided to stay and give dinner a try. The tuna was perfectly cooked, flavor amazing! The crowd seemed to die down some so that made dinner more enjoyable. We went on to order scallops and a filet, blue cheese flatbread. They were both amazing. My husband said best scallops he has ever tasted. We loved the food but felt the atmospher was more of a bar scene, very NYC. Live music was a nicr touch. I think it's a great place for appetizers and drinks! Carlie our server was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This is a small, romantic upscale restaurant right on a small side street (Aviles St.) off the old square in St. Augustine. The food was very good and the few small tables outside on the small street were very romantic. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for an upscale and romantic meal.Special Features:
- Incredible food/attentive serviceFLBEACHHOUSEDined on 8/30/2014Food was amazing. The best I've had in a very long time. Great atmosphere and the serice is top notch. Wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I thought I'd take the initiative and try to find somewhere elegant and upscale for our dinner the first night out in St. Augustine. Well Cellar 6 had it all, I quickly found the reservation link and booked a table for two at 7, then when arriving into town pushing it back to 8. That alone was hassle-free and fast so a bonus point just for that. Then the dinner itself was spectacular, with dim lighting as well as a innovative seating arrangement, we were both feeling 'fancy' for the night even before we received a menu. With the menu covering no more then 10 meal options as well as covering the 'sharing' aspect of appetizers we were quickly won over with our choices of food, even receiving a $10 off a bottle of wine. Excellent for romanticsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Arrived and was told to sit anywhere. After we sat were told could not sit there since band had to set up. Waiter did not know what soup of day was. After checking with kitchen and telling us he added that he was not sure if it was fresh since may have been made day before. Ordered dish as per menu description. Had to send back since did not meet description. Other meal was quite good. Would not return and would not recommend.
- Not our usual Cellar 6 experience.CathyDined on 8/22/2014My fiancé and I go to the Cellar 6 @ 1-2 times or more a month. Our favorite, the ahi tuna is a must. On this occasion, the ahi tuna was spoiled and had to be returned. We were sitting by the window and before we could finish our meal, the area was transformed into the stage area for the live music. It was difficult to have a romantic birthday dinner there with people moving furniture and standing there waiting for us to leave. I wish that someone had told us that this was going to occur and we would have sat somewhere else and enjoyed the night at Cellar 6. Instead, we left early, as we felt we were being pushed out of the restaurant. The food was adequate, but definitely not our normal Cellar 6 experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPuraVidaDined on 8/19/2014Tuesday Chefs Dinner with wine. Each course was perfectly paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cellar 6 great experienceJNDReviewDined on 8/16/2014We had been to Cellar 6 for drinks in the past and really enjoyed the atmosphere. So we decided to try them out for dinner. I ordered the scallops and my BF had the filet. Presentation was beautiful and the dinner was excellent. My BF steak was done perfectly as were my scallops. I didn't notice a fish option on the menu this would be a good addition other than fish tacos as a starter. We ended our meal with a milky way martini which was delicious.Special Features:
- City GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Don't miss your chance to try C6. It is a great wine bar and tapas restaurant in St. Augustine. The menu is wonderful, servers are top notch and the wine list continues to out do itself. Later into the night there is live music.Special Features:
- BE FOREWARNEDOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014If you are looking for a place to drink, then Cellar 6 has a real chill atmosphere w/high top seating & live music...unfortunately, Cellar 6 advertises itself as a fully functional restaurant & this is where it should just stick to what it does best & simply serve drinks... My girlfriend & I were looking for a place to have a nice meal & we found that Cellar 6, as a restaurant, to be lacking...although the owners were smart in keeping a simple menu, they erred by trying to be sophisticated beyond their means...for example, if they are going to offer an entree such as Shrimp & Grits (gourmet style), they should've been certain that the chef is fully capable of preparing grits properly... Go to Cellar 6 to drink NOT eat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOtownGalDined on 8/6/2014Cellar 6 had a small menu, but everything we had was so flavorful and good! The martinis were perfect. The live music was great also. I especially loved the back-lit menus, since the lighting was dark. It was a nice touch. Our server was great as well. It was a perfect location for date night.Special Features:
- Great but tables too close togethermsc12Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our first visit to Cellar 6. I would say that the tables inside are so close that it was difficult for us to hear or we didn't want to talk too loud as they were just too close. Service was ok yet once we ordered it was slow but it was crowded so I would not want to discredit the place. Overall, we will eat there again!!Special Features:
- Mgo217Dined on 7/28/2014Food was good but not great portions for the price. Music was a nice addition but it is loud if your looking for a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Only one teeny downfall ....Eburns79Dined on 7/26/2014I saw the advertisement book before 630pm save 20% off, so I made reservations 07/26 at 6pm and arrived. Had a fantastic time! Can't complain, but when ready to pay bill my server had no clue about that special deal and said I needed special coupon, if I misread your site on this I am sorry, but didn't see/notice anything for me to print coupon... I didn't get my 20% off and paid full which is fine, but server really didn't help any further in the matter either, just said he was new .. Will this stop me from going back? No way! Just thought you should know 20% was never taken off... But we still loved every minute :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but NoisyMengflDined on 7/25/2014Great little place for bar scene. Wine selection is limited; food was ok. Kitchen was way behind due to large wedding reception but waitress was attentive. Our order came without Jasmine rice ( apparently ran out due to wedding ) but nothing was said, mashed potatoes used as replacement starch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!TtravelsDined on 7/22/2014Cool vibe and great food. Fun date night dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TechnoMoocowDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant would work more in a city like Chicago or Dallas. It was very loud for dinner. It just doesn't fit in with the vibe of St Augustine. Everything was just OK. Nothing special. The tables along the wall were not comfortable. It was a high bench, but the pedestal of the table kept you from moving the table close enough to eat comfortably. Fish was over cooked and the scallops had an odd flavor. Wish we went to Catch 27 instead.Special Features:
- Try A Taste!LocalsDined on 7/15/2014Cellar has been one of my favorite places for Ahi Tuna( yes we have tried in all over the US and everyplace in our town some of it good but just can not compare) That being said once We find a food we love at all our local restaurants I stick with that dish. Well this time I tried the Taste of Tuesday and absolutely loved every bite and the pairing of wine and cocktail! For anyone that really knows me I also have always loved their espresso Martini Now I have to admit I tried the Key Lime and it was outstanding! Great place for date night recommend trying The Taste of Tuesday and they always have great music and fun later hours also!Special Features:
- A new favorite!EnjoysgoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014Great food, great ambience, great live music! We will definitely be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDined on 7/5/2014Good bar scene not great atmosphere for dinner would not go back for dinner date. Food and service was good.Special Features:
- Personal Service & Great FoodLakerFanDined on 7/4/2014My party of four visited on the 4th of July. The staff was awesome and attentive. The food was great and the menus light up. The kitchen is small and the food comes out hot and fresh. We were treated wonderfully for our night on the town. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty food 2 hour waitLindaParkerMDVIPDined on 7/4/2014My family went there for dinner on 4th of July we had a reservation for 730 pm we where not seated til 830pm the table we were seated at was outside the 6 of us squeezed at a table for 4. My wine glass was dirty, the serving ware was dirty and the table cloth was a mess. It took til 945pm to get out food which we ordered 3 hamburgers meduim rare they came out well done one hamburger came out in pieces wonder if it fell on the floor 1 undercooked chicken sandwich and I received my flatbread burnt to a crisp. We ate a few bites and left trying to see the fireworks. I will never eat here again I have eaten here before but with new management itis definetly gone to pot.
- Not impressedDiner101Dined on 6/28/2014The menu is complete wrong. What's on the menu isn't what you get on the plate. We switched 3 different tables because they were all very wobbly. Did get silver wear with my food or share plates to share the capreess salad that wasn't right. Not impressed at all. Spent a lot of money only to wish I could have it back. Wanted to speak to a manager but couldn't because that person was also the bartender that night which happened to be a Saturday night? Wow smh.Special Features:
- Food was outstandingangiezDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I went to Cellar 6 for the first time for my birthday. It was a Saturday (early) evening. Like many of the restaurants in Old Saint Augustine it is small inside. So when it got packed full of people it was somewhat loud. If you are looking for a quiet romantic evening out, this would not be the place. If you are looking for an energetic vibe, this is your place. The food was outstanding. We started with the baked brie and it was amazing. I had the special which was pasta with a crab cake, shrimp, and scallops. It was fantastic. My husband got a cheeseburger and he said it was very good. We didn't get dessert but I am sure it would have been fantastic too. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Food tasted great, very fresh seafood, however waitress did not know the menu or what was being advertised on facebook page.Special Features:
- Romance hot spotLHCIDined on 6/22/2014We had a perfect evening. Everything was exquisite, from the romantic ambiance, wine, music, food, clientele, and service. We would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beachdinerDined on 6/20/2014Our group had outdoor , really enjoyable, our server was outstanding. Next time we visit St. Augustine we will go back to Cellar 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014Good fresh food, friendly service. Great ambiance. From 8pm there is a band playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatsfVIPDined on 6/9/2014Menu not extensive but all items ordered were good. Had short ribs and ahi tuna. Live music started at 8 pm. Friendly service but not highly trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madison1Dined on 6/8/2014Wonderful night at a great spot!! We enjoyed dinner and meeting Craig. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a well needed mealTampaman63Dined on 6/4/2014It was so nice to go out to dinner and be waited on by a competent waiter and the other bonus was that the food was outstanding. I had the boursin filet "special" and it was a "10" The wine list was very eclectic and was surprisingly affordable. The next time I am in town I will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Cellar 6 reviews archive.
- Greatly overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/21/2014Scallops were over cooked to the point of being stringy and mashed potatoes were lukewarm at best. They must depend solely on never-to-return tourists.
- FantasticLocalDinerDined on 5/20/2014My new favorite restaurant in St. Augustine. The Chef came around and talked to everyone, he is pleasant and talented. Looking forward to more fantastic meals at Cellar 6. I went on a Tuesday night and parking was a breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We ate late at one of the sidewalk tables - great energy and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014CARLIE WAS OUR SERVER AND SHE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER!!!! TERRIFIC AT HER JOBSpecial Features: