58 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cellar58.com/
- Phone: 212 -420-1300x
- Hours of Operation:
HAPPY HOUR 4PM -7.30 PM selected wine $ 6.00 , beer $ 4.00, Sangria $5
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4pm - 12.am,
( kitchen close at 10.30 pm )
Dinner : Thursday - 4 pm - 1 am
( kitchen close at 12.00am )
Dinner- Friday- Saturday dinner 4 pm. - 2.30:am
( kitchen close at 1am )
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Bano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Sunday = 7pm -10pm , Brasilian-Latino group
Wednesday= ( not every wed.) 7pm -10pm- homespun Vector/ Instrumental americana-jazz trio
Thursday =7.30pm -10.30pm -Daniel Bennet , saxophone , jazz trio
A word from Cellar 58
Cozy and inviting, Cellar 58 Wine Bar / Enoteca, offers a painstakingly curated yet fairly priced selection of over 120 wines from all over the world—including under-the-radar regions often unseen on wine lists—as well as delicious twists on classic Italian tapas. Our wine room can be reserved for VIPs or parties and can group 15 to 50 people.Continued
Click here to see a video of Cellar 58.
Click here to see a video of Cellar 58.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cellar 58 reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great find!TheNavDined on 9/13/2014I found this restaurant several years ago for a friends birthday. I just returned the other day with some friends who were in from Boston and I almost forgot how good it was. The staff was super attentive, the food was great (especially when your pasta is cooked perfectly!!), and we sat outside which was perfect. I highly recommend this place. Not to mention they take reservations which is key in my opinion.Special Features:
- Good for winosJessicaWDined on 9/12/2014It is a wine bar, so come here if you plan on drinking. The wait staff was constantly asking us what we wanted to drink... it was super annoying. Food was just alright. Bruschetta & gnocchi were good; chicken skewers were fine but not memorable. Shrimp skewers were dry, I don't recommend them, especially for the price. An alright place, I likely won't come back.Special Features:
- Friendly people, fresh foodNYCdinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014We live in the neighborhood and walked past this place countless times without giving it a try. Now, Cellar 58 has become a regular spot for us. It's a friendly neighborhood restaurant with great, fresh food and a relaxed environment. There is an authentic Italian feel to the place. The people have always been very nice and have given us just the right amount of attention. We have never been rushed. The food has been consistently fresh, and the dishes are simple and tasty. The fresh pastas are great, and the Tagliata con Arugola e Parmigiano has become a favorite of mine. (The back room, the Wine Cellar, is good for a large group if you don't mind the hightop tables.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014The staff was extremely friendly and polite. Multiple people spoke to us and assisted us upon arrival. The meat/cheese board options were great! The overall food/ambiance was not my favorite.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerfred55VIPDined on 6/13/2014Small quiet atmosphere, looked like there was a nice event room in the back. We both ordered the pasta special which came on shared plate. Great place for an after work dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find another place in neighborhoodHomecookingVIPDined on 6/5/2014Service poor ... Messed up our appetizer. We told them we were in rush to see a show and to please bring everything at once . Didn't happen ...had to ask for check. Food bad...tomato sauce tasted like chef boyardee
- okDallasEater111Dined on 5/31/2014food was meh. service was meh. salad and apps were ok, entrees were weak. I got spaghetti with clams and it was cold.
- Surprising FindAftertasteVIPDined on 5/30/2014Small place with a special wine room at the rear. Looks like the wine room would be a great area for a group dinner. But based on size, maybe one large group at a time. The service is extra friendly and the food is good. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 176 reviews are from the Cellar 58 reviews archive.
- Quaint & Cute. Good valueFrequentDinerDined on 5/22/2014Quaint and cute are not words I use to describe dining in NYC often but that is what it felt here. The place is small with great personal service. It's a good value for the money and the food was great. I'd definitely come back. Good casual dining to meet up with a friend.Special Features:
- The Hidden Wine CellarTimmyVIPDined on 5/16/2014In a quiet little street corner, not flashy and slightly underground. The food is good, not amazing but good. Traditional italian, nothing super fancy or exotic but its a good small italian restaurant if you're looking for pasta. They do however have an amazing wine selection because if you walk to the back of the restaurant, there is a cellar dedicated to red wines.Special Features:
- Typical Eastvillage placeFoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014The front area is nothing to write home about, but the wine cellar is pretty. We just had appetizers and desserts, and both were excellent. I highly recommend the tiramisu and the panna cotta.Special Features:
- Visit Italy in the East VillageGothamgalVIPDined on 5/3/2014As the name sugggests, you'll walk just a few steps down off the street to enter this wonderful little bit of Italy. You'll find the charm through its ambience, accents and attitudes. And you'll find the tastes throughout the menu. Traditional Italian dishes prepared with fresh, homemade ingredients in the manner of the old country. I will be back!Special Features:
- Cellar is TopsAJP663Dined on 5/3/2014An exceptionally welcoming spot downtown. Family run and with an incredibly gracious staff. The food is inspired and the small plate options make it perfect for sharing. Extremely well curated wine list. A jewel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whole place to ourselves!JustabbiDined on 4/23/2014We had a group of 7 and were accommodated no problem, so well in fact that we had the whole place to ourselves! It was a lovely ambience, the service was great, and to be honest I didn't mind that it wasn't busy, it gave our party time to chat without yelling over other customers, sorry USA patrons but you are pretty Loud at times :) The food was delicious but just not enough of it, probably the smallest portions I've encountered in NYC , we ate bruschetta, lasagna, carbonara and steak. If you're a wine lover they have over 120 different wines so you'll no problem with selection :) Ps, I have wandered past a few times since and it has been busy.Special Features:
- Like being home!chiefDined on 4/12/2014The owner and staff went out of their way to make our dining experience above and beyond my expectations! They are very friendly with fast service and the food and desert speaks for itself. Anyone who loves Italian food must give this place try! EXCELLENT!!Special Features:
- Awesome surpriseJaeyJVIPDined on 3/14/2014Never been here before but oh were we surprised how nice it is. The waiter was super friendly and explained every item in detail. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely come again!Special Features:
- Great findGaryVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great Italian restaurant. Booked it because of the 1,000 point bonus. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN WINE PLACEHOLDENTABLEDined on 3/1/2014NICE PLACE TO HAVE WINE AND LIGHT BITES. CHEESE PLATE WAS VERY NICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great; we reallycg2791Dined on 2/28/2014The food was great; we really liked the meats and cheeses platter for our starter course. The restaurant is small but surprisingly quiet. The staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect end2 a great Vday weekendValentinesdaycoupleDined on 2/16/2014The lovely staff was very personable and they checked on us to see how we were doing and provided the tables with flowers, the food was cooked perfectly my Girlfriend loved her carbonara, and the Tiramisu was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot in Eastern VillageFlipmodeDined on 2/8/2014Found this place on a whim, by using my open table app while shopping with my girlfriend last week. After a long day of sightseeing we decided to end the night with a small meal and bottle of wine. Our waiter Antonio, fresh in from Italy was superb. He made us feel right at home and did not rush or try to push us into anything we didn't want. While my GF used the restroom I gave Antonio a special dessert that I had bought and asked him to bring it out when it was time for dessert. He provided excellent service and the food was great. Highly recommend the antipasto for 2 and the pasta al sugo di salsicia Order the bottle of Valopolicella and you'll be sure to have a great wine to pair with the above. EnjoySpecial Features:
- delightful placepatapoufVIPDined on 2/3/2014wonderful service, charming decor, good food, nice and well priced wine list. happy to have found cellar 58, we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This cozy East Village spotdining4funDined on 2/1/2014This cozy East Village spot did not only have a great wine selection but their food was excellent! Spanish guitar music playing in the background, dim lights, and very attentive service. It was evident that the staff works together to make your experience there an enjoyable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While my friends and I definitelyDebbieDined on 1/9/2014While my friends and I definitely enjoyed the wine, the food was just okay. We had a few different dishes and the only one that I can say was very good was the sausage bruschetta. On the plus side, the owner and our waitress were very friendly and let us a try a couple of wines before deciding on a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!SRadjyVIPDined on 12/14/2013What a great spot - the front of the restaurant is very cute and romantic and in the back they have a great room that can be used for a group event, easily up to 30ppl if not more. Service was great - we were initially seated in the main room but got "upgraded" to the back room because we were a group of 10. The manager was very attentive, wine was delicious and the food was outstanding. They actually do a REAL meat & cheese platter, the eggplant parmesan was clearly made from scratch, the bruschetta were to die for... I would go back anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this placesenorericVIPDined on 12/7/2013We love this little gem - we've been a few times. The 1000 pts on open table is the main reason, but now we'll be back regardless. A pleasure to dine here. We LOVE all the small plates. Try it out!Special Features:
- Glad I found it!dinerVIPDined on 10/25/2013Picked this place at random based on its distance from the theatre where I was seeing a show. Very friendly and attentive staff. Explained that we were on a time table to see a play and they were very accommodating. Would like to go back and have more time enjoying my meal. Had the gnocchi. It was very nice.Special Features:
- Great little spot in the neighborhoEastVillKevinDined on 10/4/2013I went with my girlfriend on a Friday night and we had a delicious meal and a great bottle of wine sitting at the bar. The bartender was a nice young girl who wasn't too well informed on the wine list but was nice and friendly enough. We thought about sitting outside but it was a little warm and the noise from the traffic on 2nd ave is a little too much. Tasty menu and nice little room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual and stylishEdEatsDined on 10/4/2013The restaurant was a surprise. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was perfect for a nice meal with your significant other. We ordered the cheese and meat platter, slecting 9 items from their savory menu of different cheese and cure meats, followed by homemade pasta in a light creamy sause with steamed vegetables. Both dishes were outstanding; The pasta was perfectly al dente, the sauce silky with perfectly balanced flavors, and the vegetables were nicely cooked and blended well in the dish. The service was also well timed and prompt. Definitely coming back for more.Special Features:
- Meeting Place or RestaurantDiner45VIPDined on 9/26/2013My wife and I booked dinner at this restaurant because it was listed as a neighborhood gem on opentable.com. When we arrived, we noticed it was an intimate local just off 2nd. The wine list was good, and the cheese selection was superb. Then - just as we were settling into some good conversation - the overhead music went off and someone with a microphone started speaking. Much to our chagrin, there was a meeting of Secular Humanists meeting in the front part of the room around the bar area. I'm fine with people who have other views than me, but not when they are being shared over a speaker system throughout the restaurant I am trying to have dinner at with my wife. We were offended many times over while trying to hurriedly finish.
- Perfect EV find for a cozy dinnerBuckeyegirlVIPDined on 9/18/2013Admittedly, my boyfriend and I were looking for a place within short walking distance to Bowery Ballroom and noticed this had good ratings, was near and had a 1,000 point reservation so we booked it. The food was fresh and perfectly cooked, the dishes and wine list were affordable, our waiter was knowledgable, thoughtful and great with suggestions. For the two of us who have lived here for over 20 years we thought it was a cute, delicious find in an area that can be a little loud and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian in sea of restaurantsscottyVIPDined on 9/6/2013Waiter was friendly and attentive. Not a huge menu but what they did have was delicious.. My pasta was fresh and done perfectly. Nice selection of wines by the glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food atBuddyVIPDined on 9/5/2013Consistently good food at fair prices. Their chees and meat appetizer plates are amazing. They give Artisinal a good run for the money at half the priceSpecial Features:
- Great MealhugsDined on 6/30/2013We had a great meal with a helpful staff. Very italian ambiance and food! Would totally go back again especially with the reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awkward, because we were theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013awkward, because we were the only ones in the restaurant until 7:30- but it was quiet, and food was goodSpecial Features:
- Wonderfully SurprisedBBQ4BkfastVIPDined on 5/23/2013Knowing very little about this place, i took a chance based on Open Table reviews. Great wine list and a charcuterie / cheese platter to match. Knowledgeable cheese and wine selections from the staff. You'll see me again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu was very limited,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The menu was very limited, especially for healthy eaters. The only vegetable offered was sauteed spinach which was drenched in oil. When asked if the spinach (the only option) could be steamed, the answer was no. Also, the meal options are basically a pasta dish or a sandwich -- there really isn't much in between. On the other hand, everyone in our party enjoyed their food (except for the Caesar dressing -- it takes just like mayo).Special Features:
- Fantastic authentic ItalianDecadentDinerVIPDined on 3/30/2013Fantastic authentic Italian food. The staff mostly speaks Italian amongst themselves, which is always a good sign. Great value, great food. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- We came here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2013We came here for my birthday and they were able to accommodate 10 of us easily. We shared several small plates and dessert, as well as several bottles of wine. They did not rush us at all, and it was a really fantastic, low key way to celebrate on a weekday. The whole place is low lit, and has a great space for a larger party (maybe 20 people) in the back wine cellar room which looked like it could be a lot of fun. Just as a heads up, they did let me know that typically groups 10 and over must order from a pre-fixe menu. But I wouldn't let that turn you off... we really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- They are a bit strick withKaykayVIPDined on 3/19/2013They are a bit strick with the rules - no happy hour if you've booked on Open Table. That said, once seated the experience was nice and the food enjoyable. Appreciated the quite vibe.Special Features: