56 E Andrews Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cellar56.com/
- Phone: 6782443600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cellar 56 provides all catering for over 10 event venues within the Andrews Entertainment Complex.
- Special Events: Cellar 56 offers two unique venues to host your next special event.
The Private Dining Room is perfect for intimate dinners for up to 30 guests and cocktail parties for up to 40 guests. The Private Dining Room has hosted rehearsal dinners, wine pairings, business meetings, networking events, birthdays and a variety of other intimate events.
The Courtyard offers a unique outdoor setting without worrying about the elements. The Courtyard is a 4 story covered atrium complete with a large fountain and private bar. The Courtyard can seat up to 100 guests and host up to 300 for a cocktail style event. The Courtyard has hosted weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, wine tastings and a variety of other celebrations.
A word from Cellar 56
Located in the heart of Buckhead, Cellar 56's delectable menu is complemented by the flavorful selection of wines. Every palate is accommodated with the menu broken into food categories to include Land, Sea, Garden, and Sweets, each priced $5-$7. Cellar 56 works with local farms and dairies to bring the best and freshest ingredients to the table. Many of the wine selections are sourced from boutique wineries on small allocation to bring Spectator rated 90+ wines to the consumer starting at $24 a bottle and by the glass at $3 half and $6 full. The remaining wine choices are available by the bottle and include many favorites at various pricing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cellar 56 reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (14)good for groups (11)notable wine list (10)special occasion (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ho humAJOYDined on 10/18/2014Service was friendly but quite slow. Bartender very personable. Food was hit or miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningPrincessDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Our server was knowledgeable and made great recommendations, and the manager was very nice and accommodating. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience!!!TreyDined on 9/27/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at Cellar 56 a few times and each time as been a great experience. I consider it my little hideaway getaway.Special Features:
- SurprisedAwfulVIPDined on 9/20/2014Not what I expected at all but I loved it. The food, drinks dessert were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definition of mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Soggy flatbread, sliced cheese found on sandwiches on our cheese plate (yep at a wine bar), small portions, overpriced, average wine selection. Overall worth about half the price at best.
- EhhhscottDined on 7/18/2014Was expecting a lot more based on the reviews I read. The food was good, but nothing special. There are so many other restaurants in Atlanta that this one won't warrant a second visit from me. In addition, the prior reviews had bragged about how great the wait staff was with their knowledge of wine and ability to help suggest one for you. Our waiter didn't seem to know much about wines at all. Nothing was bad, just not a great experience (or worth going back, in my opinion).Special Features:
- Wear ear plugsDee2DeeDined on 7/18/2014Don't expect speedy service nor the ability to hear your tables conversation. Noise mind blowingSpecial Features:
- UnderstaffedwhateverDined on 7/12/2014For a "wine restaurant" they didn't have a wine menu that night. WowSpecial Features:
- Great NightLiz09Dined on 7/12/2014It was easy to reserve a table online. Walked right in and had a table ready. The food was delicious. It was a little loud and hard to hear the person across the table, but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a first dateenjoyedourselvesDined on 7/12/2014We both love trying new things, so this is where we ended up. When we arrived, the place was quite empty. It livened up not too much longer after, but the seating was so comfortable. The ambiance was beautiful. James was our waiter. He was very flexible with his personality and adapted well to our sense of humor. He was very attentive but not intrusive at all. He gave us our space but was always right there if we needed anything. He gave great recommendations. This place is definitely all about service. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microwave in use?TurneratorDined on 6/28/2014It is a tapas bar trying to be a full sit-down-dinner restaurant. They recommend, when you order, that you will need 3 items per person for your meal. We ordered a flatbread pizza, which had a soggy bottom, much like microwaved pizzas. The "mini-meal" steak was good, cooked correctly, but the two-tablespoons of pureed potatoes that companied the steak were ok, at best. We also had the shrimp and grits, which were done well, not the greatest, and definitely not worth $8.50 for two shrimp and two-tablespoons of instant grits. The steak was the most expensive at $10.50, and the flatbread was somewhere around $9.00. The wines were great, but $30 for two glasses was a bit much, as well. It did take FOREVER to get our check and pay.
- Didn't staydebsDined on 6/28/2014When we entered the restaurant, we were ignored at the door. This should not have happened since there were only 6 people dining in the restaurant. As a result, we went somewhere else.
- Slow service3kidsDined on 6/27/2014Recently had dinner here before a show at the improv. The food is good. The service was rather slow. For me this isn't a place I will make a reservation to come to but it would be a late night spot for small bites.Special Features:
- Not worthy of a second visit!foodieDined on 6/26/2014To begin with, out server lacked basic customer service skills. This was our first time eating at this restaurant, and the overall dining experience was extremely disappointing. We will not be going back and we certainly would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- The following 285 reviews are from the Cellar 56 reviews archive.
- not a wine barchastaindinerDined on 6/20/2014We wanted a relaxing place with a good wine selection and above average tapas and we were disappointed. Website, obviously outdated boasted 50 wines by the glass; when we arrived there were only 7 mediocre wines and 2 were crossed off in ball point pen. The first glass we tried tasted like it was opened a few days earlier. We ordered an incredibly average flatbread, a seared scollop (literally ONE bland scallop served on top of some not great cream corn? $7.50). They offered some select sushi rolls from the Czar bar upstairs which they bragged was voted #1 by US something or other. The roll was decent but not noteworthy and at $17.50 twice what I pay at other local places for superior sushi. Overall, very disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014I've been to Cellar 56 before and had a much better experience. This most recent visit was a bit lackluster. The air conditioner was not working properly so it was HOT, and the service was not as prompt and attentive as prior visits. Our waiter was delayed in bringing us our drinks, brought out an item we did not order and forgot one item we did order. Overall the experience was just "Okay". I may come back here but for the price and quality of food and service there are several other places in Atlanta I'd go to first.Special Features:
- patheticdrmlkDined on 6/19/2014Waiter didn't know which cheeses came on cheese plate. Manager didn't know parking policy. Bartender had to go to other bars to find ingredients for my drink. No lock on bathroom door. This place is a pathetic disaster!
- EatWellVIPDined on 6/18/2014Though tauted as a wine bar, they had no Riesling. Though a second glass of what we did order never arrived at the table, it did appear on the bill. Some of the food was good, but other offerings lackluster. The lobster roll was soggy. The scallops delicious, but only two. Not a place to return or recommend.
- EnjoyableHappygilmoreDined on 6/7/2014Had a party of 6 perfect spot to relax and have a great meal! Highly recommend the brazen beef tips. A must visit in Buckhead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014It will not be my last time. The sushi is really good! Prohibition is nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average fare but convenientKdubDined on 5/17/2014We ate at Cellar 56 before going tonAtlanta Improv Saturday Night and were under whelmed on all fronts. This is the only fine dining experience to be had in the super-fun East Andrews Entertainment Complex and it is sadly missing the mark. Gazpacho and crab slaw was devoid if any punch what so ever, spinach salad pedestrian, calamari had some good zing to its sauce but was soggy, petite filet was ok, shrimp and grits ok, short rib dry. The bar area had a very limited selection. The wine list was sparsely populated with many recognizable crowd pleasers for a restaurant with Cellar in the name. The server forgot 2 of the items & had to be reminded we had to make the show upstairs at 8pm and then did not deliver the bill u til after 8pm.
- Would go againAngelaDined on 5/14/2014It was a nice bar/restuarant. The Mac and Cheese was fantasitic. There was only the bartender taking care of tables and the bar so the serivce was a bit slow. If you sit at the bar you can watch all the people coming/going to all the other restaurants on the little area.Special Features:
- Ok but...FitocratDined on 5/2/2014Cellar 56 is a good tapas and wine bar. As should be expected, the costs are equivalent to full meals but you get small portions. Food was good, really nothing to complain about, but the pricing was on the higher end for similar offerings from other tapas bars. If you're ok having a (light) dinner for two averaging $75-$100, then you'll love this spot! Otherwise you will probably leave still hungry but broke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesDined on 4/19/2014Our first time was great. Our server Justin was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and a complete gem! The maitre d was attentive, seayed us quickly and more than happy to show us around and ask us back. Although the noise level at times was too loud (especially from one particular table), making it difficult to talk, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findsythomas226Dined on 4/5/2014My husband and I went to the Buckhead Wine Festival and bought the dinner package. It was wonderful. The food was very good along with the pairing of wines. It was a nice surprise and a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay, not greatRWBMDDined on 3/26/2014The white wine was WAY too cold. The server was earnest and personable, but he reversed our choices … (the Vouvray went to the guest who ordered the chardonay, and the reverse).
- Good wine and tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Got there early before the early show at the Improv. So, the ambiance was quiet, but enjoyable. Great service and food. Bartender knew his winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. We have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2014Disappointed. We have eaten here many times since it opened. Each time noting the level or quality of food was changing. We will not go back.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toMilaDined on 3/15/2014This was my second visit to Cellar 56, it has a good romantic feel, very quaint and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anthony RocksWaltBabyDined on 3/1/2014If you got to this place, do yourself a favor and ask to be seated in Anthony's section. Great server, personality, and recommendations. This is our fourth time eating here and he is a big part of the reason we return. Just a great guy. The food is always good and we enjoy the small plates. The only complaint would be the temp. The restaurant is always cold. Still...one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014All around disappointment. The food was especially poor.
- DisappointedilikegoodfoodDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife here for Valentine's Day, as this has been a restaurant she has enjoyed going to in past years. We've loved it in the past--great small plates tapas style that we've always liked. This time was very disappointing. Albeit the night was hectic due to Valentine's Day, our server was TERRIBLE. She twice forgot to submit our orders to the kitchen, and didn't once come to check on us or offer to bring us more drinks. Every time we needed something we had to flag her down or ask another server. She was rude and inpatient while taking our order. Even worse, we ordered our favorite dishes but they were terribly cooked--we sent two back. We were regulars here before Valentine's Day, but our experience was no bad we will never go back.
- Avoid during special occasions...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Never been on a regular night, but I can tell you, similar to another diner who went on NYE, our Valentine's day experience was not good. Atmosphere is lost as they work to cram additional tables into the space. We were initially seated next to the service door. Some other tables were equally as bad. Surprisingly, only choice was a Prix Fix menu for $90/couple (Opentable reservation did not indicate this was the case). No fish option was offered Potatoes were cold. 8pm reservation, but they "ran out" of the dessert and substituted without telling us. (guess only the price was prix fix) Later orders of sushi arriving at another table...waitress response, "hmm, not sure how they did that."...man, that sushi never looked so good.Special Features:
- Just OkayChrisDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Cellar 56 for Valentine's day. The menu was pre fixed and the choices weren't that great. I may have liked it better if the full menu was opened up. The food was just ok, nothing I had would make me want to go there again. Then the main reason I picked the place was to try the Krispy Kreme bread pudding and they ran out! Very disappointed. The one bright spot is that we got the code for Prohibition next door which was great. Wouldn't recommend or go back to this place.
- Food average, service just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was good, especially the lamb and the grilled green beans. Server was distracted and a little bit out of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place keeps getting betterHNKgVIPDined on 2/14/2014Must have - the lamb pops. And you must leave room for the last course. The Krispy Kreme bread pudding is very, I repeat, very good. There's a second desert that was also very good.Special Features:
- Too bad they can't get it together.DerbyGirlVIPDined on 1/13/2014Decided to risk the mixed reviews and take out of state colleagues here (and they were bringing a client along). Service was poor and half the wines in the menu were out of stock. But the ambiance and menu were decent. Seemed like the staff was stretched pretty thin. So sad, it could be such a nice place.
- Good food.AmjtkDined on 1/11/2014Cellar 56 has very tasty tapas. There was a variety of choices on the menu. Do not let the name Cellar fool you tho. The wine selection was just ok. Not much there to choose from. When we finally decided upon a somewhat decent bottle we were told it was not available anymore. Ambiance is loud and somewhat like a darkened food court in a mall. Service was great and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way, way too noisey. GoupbeauregardDined on 1/10/2014Way, way too noisey. Goup tables were yelling to be heard. Wine list was limited and out of stock of a basics.
- Nosy and VERY small portionsDTM1VIPDined on 1/8/2014We have been to multipleTapas restaurants and by far these were the smallest portions that we have ever seen. Very limited selection and overall flavor was "dull". Wine is a limited selection. Many other places in same neighborhood that are better..