Celia's Mexican Restaurant - Daly City
379 Gellert Blvd.
Daly City, CA 94015Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Celia's Mexican Restaurant - Daly City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://celiasrestaurants.com/dalycity.html
- Phone: 6507556213
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am to 10pm Friday & Saturday 11am to 10:30pm Sunday 11am to 9:30pm HAPPY HOUR 3pm-7pm 7 days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Have Celia's cater your next event, however big or small. Whatever the occasion we'd love to bring Celia's to you and your guests. Catering Menu available on Celiasrestaurants.com. Everything on our house menu is also available. Prices upon request. Call restaurant to place order. Ask for our catering manager Alicia
- Entertainment: Occasionally have Live Mariachi and After hour 21+ parties. Call restaurant for details.
A word from Celia's Mexican Restaurant - Daly City
Welcome to Celia's, thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you! Our goal is to provide natural and fresh home-style Mexican food with the best quality. We are proud to be a part of this beautiful community. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for being our guest. Every day at Celia's we make fresh salsas, our tortillas are prepared fresh without lard, our steak and pork are lean, and our chicken is presented skinless and trimmed. We make fresh guacamole daily, our tamales are handmade daily, and we serve three different types of beans (refried, black beans, and pinto). Daily homemade flan with the best, high quality ingredients, and last but not least our margaritas do not come out of a machine, instead our secret mix is made daily! Come and enjoy! Large banquete facilities available. We will accommodate last minute reservations and can fit up to 200 people. WE CATER. Call restaurant or visit Celiasrestaurants.com for information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Celia's Mexican Restaurant - Daly City reviews from OpenTable diners
- Crab enchiladasChazDined on 1/24/2014On our most recent visit to Celia's I ordered the crab enchilada special. Two enchiladas filled with crab and cheese accompanied by refried beans and rice. Because it was the Friday special, this entree was $2 off it's regular price and was as good of enchiladas as I've ever had. The service is always fast and attentive and our orders arrived very quickly. We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decent. I had theOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/7/2013Food was decent. I had the tortilla soup and it was tasty -- although it was served lukewarm. Service was VERY slow! Very slow!
- Great Mexican FoodThorrssonDined on 9/22/2013Really enjoyed the location, our daughter loved the colorful restaurant, and the food was awesome as well!Special Features:
- Good customer serviceChazDined on 9/18/2013It was my birthday and my roommates were out to embarass me by telling any of the servers who walked by that it was, indeed, my birthday. At the end of our delicious meal, all of the servers sang happy birthday to me in Spanish and then again in English. They presented me with a dessert of churros with an ice cream scoop in the middle and a candle in it. The food is always very good here and the service is excellent. Thank you Celia's for making my birthday special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very festive!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2013I always come to Celia's as a big group. Love this place. Convenient location. However this particular time, they seat us in an L-shape table setting, which is very odd. They have enough room for a one long table setting, which they normally did, but not this time. In an L setting, you will have some people in the corner of an L who will have their backs to the rest of the group behind them. It's so no good for a group conversation at all. Doesn't make sense. I saw that same setting happen to the other big group too, as I walked out after we finished. The restaurant has plenty of room, why setting big group in such a way.Special Features:
- "Spotty"yummytummyDined on 6/16/2013Maybe one should not eat out during Father's Day. We have been to several Celia's restaurants before. The food is generally good and hot. Not this time. 3 out of 5 meals came out warm to downright cold. We did wait for 15-20 mins. for our meals. I should mention our waitperson was attentive, efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- only 60jodidaDined on 6/15/2013I celebrated my 60th birthday with 20 adults and 2 grandsons... The wait -staff where most help-full with seating my party an hour early than the reservation planned..The whole time there- was very enjoyable...but...then again...daly city Celia's Mexican has always been a spot to enjoy.. thank-you celia's for making my party wonderful....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celia's is a go-to spot fortinkVIPDined on 3/25/2013Celia's is a go-to spot for Mexican, and we are never disappointed in the food. Authentic cuisine and a great atmosphere keeps us coming back over and over. Occasionally the service is hit or miss, sometimes it's slow and we will wait awhile for drinks or for our order to be taken, but we continue to come back anyway.Special Features:
- While the food was very goodTimFoodySFVIPDined on 3/22/2013While the food was very good Mexican fare, you get way more than you might think if you've never been here. This was my first time at Celia's. I found the setting pretty nice, clean. The places buzzes with very busy and attentive staff - this place has the crew trained to get things done. We brought more than half our food home since it was a lot, especially for the price.
- Nothing special about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2012Nothing special about this restaurant. They serve basic good Mexican food and the service is good.Special Features:
- Food was good and plentiful.DebbieVIPDined on 7/17/2012Food was good and plentiful. Service was fine - our drink order and food order was taken promptly. Food was delivered promptly. We were never asked us if we wanted a second drink and never refilled our water glasses.Special Features:
- Good Food, Awful Paint JobOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2012Went for dinner on a Friday night. Hostess materialized after a two minute wait. By then, what had been an empty foyer had about 8 people waiting and wondering where anyone was. Hostess offered no apology and did not know what Open Table was but one of the other waitresses did and so we got our points for the reservation. Ambiance: the gawd-awful paint job robs the place of any charm. Loud faux sponge purple, yellow and bright blue walls give this place an amateurish look. Too bad. The food (pollo en creme and combo pork enchilada, taco and cheesy chile relleno were wonderful and tasty. The salsa was spicy and the chips were warm. Table service was fine. Place was quiet enough for a conversation but believe me the paint was loud..very.Special Features:
- Nice spot for casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/30/2012Nice spot for casual dining with friends or family. Kid friendly. Plates were huge. Nice staff.Special Features:
- There were a lot of familiesJFRuschVIPDined on 6/7/2012There were a lot of families and groups and the noise reflected it. The service was slow. The wings were great, the sangria too sweet and the main chicken dish ok. This suggests that the rating of the food will vary by what you order.Special Features:
- A Truly Lovely Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012This was our first visit for my niece and me at this particular location. Our waitress was very good and attentive and we both received our orders correctly and very quickly, too. The food was delicious, and we both appreciate being able to choose from 3 different beans with our dinners. The waitress was very pleasant and we had a lovely dining experience there. Plus, we had leftovers to take home. One comment though: on the side "wall" of our table, which was painted a bright blue, there were large places where the paint had been worn down to the white stucco which did not match the rest of the decor in the restaurant. I hope that by the time of my next visit there, this easy fix will be done. Other than that, we truly enjoyed our dinnSpecial Features:
- Super food, great environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Super food, great environment, at an awesome price...Special Features:
- Terrible serviceDavidinpacificaDined on 2/14/2012The service staff is rushed and unaccomodating. Though we had a reservation they gave our table to someone else and then seated us in the middle of the room.. The wait staff treats you like its a pain to serve you and rush you through. The food is good though you have to constantly remind them to refill the chips and salsa. It was not a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:
- Its a local spot that servesmoreno144VIPDined on 2/14/2012Its a local spot that serves great tasting Mexican food at a great price:)Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoy Celia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012My husband and I enjoy Celia's very much. We definitely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Satisfied customersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2011My husband and I always enjoy our dining experience at Celia's Mexican Restaurant. The food is always served hot and the staff is very nice.