Celadon - Napa
500 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Celadon - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.celadonnapa.com/
- Phone: (707) 254-9690
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served Monday - Friday 11:30am until 2:30pm
Afternoon menu served Monday - Friday 2:30-5:00pm
Dinner served nightly from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Marcos Uribe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of group dining options depending on the day of the week, the time of the year and whether you're reserving for lunch or dinner. In order to provide you with pricing and details, please send us an email with your group size and date(s) to: email@example.com. We will respond via email.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 707-254-9690x
A word from Celadon - Napa
Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Celadon - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (172)great for outdoor dining (141)special occasion (136)romantic (130)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (100)good for groups (79)great for lunch (49)hot spot (37)late-night find (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- we picked the right spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014My boyfriend and I came in last night to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. Not only did we get absolutely wonderful service, our food was the cherry on top. We were treated so well, with some special anniversary touches that they added that made the night even that more special. I've already recommended this place to most of my friends and we will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whata gem :)ArchsgalVIPDined on 11/24/2014Have visited 3 times and they have never disappointed us; food is flavorful, service attentive but not overbearing and the environment is great; noise level is low so you can enjoy your dinner and the conversation at the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedjbskeDined on 11/22/2014This was our 4th time dinning at Celadon. I felt that the menu was boring and not very original. Also several of our choices just weren't that good. My husband had the pork porterhouse, which was just a tough pork chop. I had the braised beef short rib pappardelle that was mostly fat. Our friends also had the pasta but theirs was not as fatty. Two of our friends had the tuna which was salty and too well done. None of the eight entries we were served were very good. Not sure we'll be back next time we're in town.
- Nice Napa placeDamayVIPDined on 11/22/2014We stopped by for some late evening bites and really enjoyed the small plate selection. The calamari were very tender, duck confit salad flavorful, and our favorite was the crispy pork belly....entirely yummy. Definitely a good place and if the weather is decent, the outdoor dining venue is very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Celadon; we dined on the enclosed patio, which was a far better atmosphere than the indoor seating. The food was terrific and the service was great too. I would definitely recommend Celadon!Special Features:
- Highly RecommendKP69Dined on 11/16/2014I great place for a meal that is consistently fulfilling. Chef Cole's original is off the beaten path and always provides an interesting menu, good service, variety of seating, and fabulous food in excellent presentation. Bit pricey at $100 for 2 dinners without alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!KristinDined on 11/15/2014We celebrated a birthday and had a great time. There were 8 of us and we never felt rushed. The sommelier suggested perfect wine to compliment our food, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/15/2014Server and service exceptional. Ambience fine except for draft and chill in room of inside tables adjacent to windows along sidewalk to alley entrance. Clam chowder special and crab cakes completely delicious. Grilled polenta special a little ho-hum: polenta very tasty but vegetables (Portobello mushrooms and onions, especially) were tasteless, chewy, too 'meaty'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday at CeledonWineloverDined on 11/14/2014Our server was helpful and friendly. The food and atmosphere were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence maintained.SeladoreDined on 11/14/2014Celadon has been in Napa for 15 years or so and it thrives for good reason. In a food lovers mecca, many other notable restaurants have come and gone, trying too hard to ride the latest trend. But Celadon oonsistently offers fresh flavors and creative takes with the service, ambiance and wine list to enhance the dining experience. Besides - you can hear yourself talk! Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceKimboDined on 11/12/2014We went to Celadon while we were in town, there were six of us and we all ordered something different. Everything was very good from the drinks, to the apps and to the main course. No dessert this trip. I'd go again next time I'm in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful Dinner at CeledondonsmitVIPDined on 11/12/2014Great dinner again--one tuna from the menu, the other halibut special, both great. Wonderful waitress added to the special night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Excellent service and amazing food! Went here for a celebration dinner for my girlfriends birthday while visiting the Napa Valley area and we both thoroughly enjoyed the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodmcucDined on 11/9/2014We loved all our dishes, especially the macadamia nut crusted goat cheese with port-poached figs and pear and the coconut prawns. The only thing I didn't care for were the mixed drinks--tried two, and they didn't have the rich mixed flavor I would have expected since the food definitely did! My husband enjoyed (half) his pint of 101 North IPA from Petaluma though, and I can vouch that it smelled amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2014food was cold and dried out. Drinks had no liquor. Ahi tuna was tasteless. Food over the years has deteriorated
- Yum!NuggetDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dining experience! Enjoyed the Applewood Bacon Mussels and the Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry. Service was great and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely cold insideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Had to wait a lot even though we had a reservation - we had several layers on since it was unbelievable cold inside the restaurant - several people were complainingSpecial Features:
- Yum YumNotSoBigEaterVIPDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is easy to find, and there is free, close parking. We arrived on time, but our reservation at 7:30 led to a twenty minute wait at the bar. Our apps (calamari and mussels) were excellent with the yin and yang of sweet and salty. The creamy tomato soup was great. I enjoyed lamb sirloin. The bread pudding was atypical as it was served in a wedge, similar to a slide of pie. It was more crunchy than doughy, which is not how I prefer my bread pudding. The patio area where we ate had a rustic ambience with a fire place burning 15 feet away. Our service was adequate but not stellar. My water sat empty for at least 5 minutes, twice during the meal. He seemed spread a little thin or was disinterested in being completely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodeaterDined on 11/7/2014They have a lovely covered-outdoor dining which lends to the feel of an outdoor experience, great food and great service!Special Features:
- Another Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014Our last visit to Celadon was a few years back. We've always enjoyed going there, and this time was no different. The setting is elegant, the service was impeccable, and the food was absolutely delicious. My wife had the scallops special, and she reports the scallops were "heaven." I started with the satay beef, which was great, and had the chicken breast for my main course, all of which was exactly right. I finished with a cup of coffee and some maple gelato, both of which hit all of the marks. The service was attentive and polite without being intrusive, setting just the right tone. The restaurant was busy as was the bar. We sat across from the bar, and while it was busy, the noise level was never an issue. A perfectly executed evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good. expected better servicelexielovesfoodDined on 11/3/2014We went for my husbands birthday. Our reservations were for 8pm and it was a chilly night, they had plenty of indoor seating but that was not offered to us even after the waiter noticed me shivering- for desert I asked to be moved one table over closer to the fire pit and he was fine with that but did not assist us in moving our drinks, plates etc. The waiter appeared oblivious to everything and did not check on us as much as I am used to when eating $150.00 dinners. He didnt have any useful feedback regarding the menu. I did however like the look of the outdoor seating area it was really cute. The desert was not complimentary which was also a bummer. The food was good but the service was very disappointing especially since it was his 40th!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok foodSarahDined on 11/3/2014If you have become spoiled by the incredible cuisine of the Napa Valley, this restaurant will likely disappoint. The service and setting are lovely, but the food is just "ok."
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Great lunch, service. Love to dine here, for lunch or dinner. Always special.Special Features:
- Celadon in NapaChrisDined on 10/31/2014My fourth visit to Celadon in the lovely town of Napa. The food was, as always, excellent and the service was as well. Can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French food, pleasant ambianceenglishfoodiesDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant is in a pleasant old building, and the tables are sufficiently well separated to ensure some privacy. The paper covers over the linen table clothes was not appreciated - why have good table linen and then cover it over with paper? The service was good and attentive. We requested a 20 minute break between starters and main courses, and this was respected (we hate rushed meals). The food was all very good and well-presented. The wine list is adequate, but very expensive for a wine-growing area. Overall, eating here was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huge disappointmentCAGatorDined on 10/29/2014$40 steak was incredibly fatty, overcooked, and I left it on the plate. Service was laughable, and we were rushed through the meal.
- Fantastic Napa RestaurantnaparoseVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had a large group and everything was fabulous from the appetizers, wine, entrees, and service. Celadon is an absolute favorite.Special Features:
- Happy birthdayDhansonDined on 10/29/2014We came here for our daughter in laws 25 th birthday dinner! It was great all of our food was fantastic! Our waitress was really accommodating to our 5 year old granddaughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!!MmmmMmmmDined on 10/25/2014If you're visiting Napa, this gem is not to be missed! Of all the eateries we frequented, this was the best. The food was excellent, service was superb and the atmosphere is unparallelled. And should you go, you HAVE to get the lemon meringue pie for dessert - it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful gem in NapameloniegDined on 10/24/2014This place rocks. The wine list is to die for and the craft cocktails just as good. The food was the best I've tasted in my journey around Napa. It was fresh, perfect, and made to my specifications for food allergies. My guests raved over their dishes, too. I would recommend the shrimp salad and the ahi. Everything was amazing. It has the ambiance of a farmhouse and the food of a master chef.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience with Don Surh...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014The staff is amazing. From arriving at the restaurant to leaving the restaurant. We ordered a bottle wine from Surh Luchtel and the Manager comes over and says "Would you like to meet the Wine Maker?". Ummm Yes! So, he brought over to his table and we ended up tasting some other wine that he brought for his table. What an amazing experience..... Don Surh was very nice and shared his special wines with us "tableside"! Check out his wines at www.surhluchtel.com The lamb was soo good and my wife had the salmon. We will definitely return during our next trip to Napa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/23/2014nice food and wine but nothing spectacular. service ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!JJ49VIPDined on 10/22/2014Celadon has been a favorite spot when visiting Napa but we won't be returning. We were greeted politely but it went downhill from there - and we brought friends to whom we had raved about the place. Our server had an "attitude" from the time he approached the table. Every question we asked he answered condescendingly and was inattentive once our orders were placed. The food was only OK but we never complained about anything until our over-baked bread pudding came and we asked for sauce just to make it edible. When we made the reservation we said we were celebrating a birthday - the hostess even mentioned it - but our waiter never did. Wish we'd gotten his name since he's the reason we won't come back (he had a shaved head) but what a shame!
- Too much cabbageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We ordered four appetizers. Three came on the same cabbage bed or so it seemed.
- Great Place! Eat There!FoofiemanVIPDined on 10/21/2014I have been going to Celadon for years and have never reviewed it. Great place, great menu. Chef Cole only fresh seasonal ingredients. Best crab cakes in the Valley.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencecurtainsDined on 10/20/2014Loved the patio garden experience. It is a great oasis to just get away and relax. My friend and I had a wonderful relaxing time. Ready to do it again soon and will be recommending it tomfriends too.Special Features:
- Loved it!luv2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014This was one of my favorite places we dined while in Napa. The restaurant has a beautifully lit patio and inside dining as well. Their food was all very fresh and seasonal. The staff was attentive and friendly, but not overly stuffy as sometimes encountered at a high end restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant - it's great for a date night or a special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre vegetarian optionsDon44Dined on 10/18/2014The polenta and veggies dish was about the most tasteless concoction I've ever had in a higher end restaurant. I can't imagine that the chef would ever choose this dish to eat personally. Three of us ordered this choice and the conclusion was unanimous...really bad. Maybe the steaks are better but if you are a health conscious vegetarian, look elsewhere for better choices. Nice ambiance and packed with diners but we were underwhelmed. The warning should have been a restaurant that bills itself as "comfort food".Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENING DININGnapalindaDined on 10/18/2014Celadon is a show case. We often take our out of state family members here and enjoy wonderful food, service and atmosphere. The food is always prepared -- yummy. From the moment you enter the patio and hostess greets and seats you are a welcomed member of their community. All service staff are professional and friendly. If you are in Napa, dine at Celadon.Special Features:
- Delicious mealMartyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful meal here. All the dishes we ordered were very good and service fine.Special Features: