Celadon - Napa
500 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Celadon - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.celadonnapa.com/
- Phone: 7072549690x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served Monday - Friday 11:30am until 2:30pm
Afternoon menu served Monday - Friday 2:30-5:00pm
Dinner served nightly from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Marcos Uribe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of group dining options depending on the day of the week, the time of the year and whether you're reserving for lunch or dinner. In order to provide you with pricing and details, please send us an email with your group size and date(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond via email.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 707-254-9690x
A word from Celadon - Napa
Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Celadon - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (169)great for outdoor dining (148)special occasion (147)romantic (144)neighborhood gem (100)notable wine list (91)good for groups (67)great for lunch (54)hot spot (28)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- A Napa GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Celadon on the riverfront of Napa. This was our first time here. The food was excellent and presented in a stylish and artistic way ... with excellent wine. The ambience in the inside dining room is classy and romantic ... and the outside seating is artsy, rustic Napa style, and fun! We will definitely be back and will bring our family! This is a Napa gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Earthquake Napa DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Place was busy however table ready on arrival. Reasonable corkage fee if you want to bring your own special purchase to drink. Nice collection of flavors on the menu. I had the lamb shank which had a Moroccan influence. Partner had duck which was a large serving and cooked well however wasn't as flavorful. Great options for gluten free. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- CeladonMcl18Dined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner and our table request was accommodated , however we felt a little rushed, our food came out in less than 5 minutes after we ordered...disconcerting to say the least. We needed more time and then people kept trying to take our food...that we got 5 minutes ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Napa restaurantlxvetteVIPDined on 8/20/2014Been here before when visiting wine country, great food and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedNWdinerDined on 8/20/2014When I book things online I am always ready for disappointment but our visit to Celadon was nothing but great. From the moment we walked in, until we left 2.5 hours later, the staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend sitting on the patio, taking your time, and trying one of the delicious entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Celedon!localdinerDined on 8/20/2014With so many wonderful places to eat in the Napa Valley - Celedon is one of our very favorites! It's a comfortable environment with food you can always expect to be delicious - as locals we recommend it to people all the time. The Calamari is one of the best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Celadon Fan-Disappointed!localyocalDined on 8/19/2014Celadon is one of my favorite restaurants, but our dinner there earlier this week was disappointing. I had the sea bass special and it was simply mediocre tasting and not well-presented. Our waitress was initially kind and helpful, but not really attentive to us after that. I had to ask for a second glass of wine and she never checked during our meal to see how we were doing. I'm really hoping this was a rare off night because I love this place.Special Features:
- Great food, that's itCacehoDined on 8/16/2014Love this place, hopefully next time we end with a more friendly waiter.
- Lovely placeJkhampethDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriends and I meet up once a year for a girls get together and we couldn't have picked a better place to fine. From the appetizers to the main dish we have no complaints. The dessert was perfect! We had the creme brûlée and it was just right. You could every ingredient in the dishes and amazingly the parpadelle pasta was robust and not just a "pasta dish". I highly recommend this to any visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I cook daily and are often unimpressed with many places I go for dinner. My husband and I both loved our dinner! great service and every bite was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHedrickDined on 8/15/2014Both the server and the sommelier did a great job and were very pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- GrooveDined on 8/14/2014Service, atmosphere, and food were all very good. Menu is small but some quality items.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnersandrachristineDined on 8/14/2014We loved sitting outside and the service was terrific, but some of the dishes were a little disappointing. The watermelon, daikon and pork belly salad was fresher last time we had it. The flat-iron steak was underdone (he asked for medium rare and got very rare) and the potato it was sitting on was hard in the center. My husband thought the arugula with pesto salad that was on top of the meat and potato was too much competition for the meat. We both loved the calamari (we ask them to serve the sweet chili sauce on the side) and my salmon was delicious with mashed potatoes and corn with bacon jus. The best thing was the expresso brulee we had for desert--spectacular. We'll go again, but probably have appetizers, salads and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm Mmmmmmm Good!!Texan52Dined on 8/13/2014For our final night in Napa we stopped in at Celadon and had some of the best food of the week. I had the polenta and mushroom dish, and my husband had the pork chop. We both made happy plates! For dessert we shared the lemon pie and our fabulous waiter rescued us from licking the plate!! You will definitely want to add Celadon to your dining bucket list!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJanetLDined on 8/13/2014I chose Celedon based on reviews. I must say the restaurant and the service did not disappoint. I had even booked my reservation through Open Table and requested outdoor seating by the fireplace and that is exactly where I was seated. The food was fantasic. My group of four each had different entrees: Porterhouse Pork Steak, Beef Pasta special, Duck, and the Lamb. All were fabulous. For starters we either had the butter lettuce salad with Champagne Vinergrette or the tomato salads. Both were great. I also tried the pork belly and watermelon appetizer. It too was wonderful. We went on a Wednesday night, the crowd was minimal and we were seated at exactly our reservation time. We will go to Celedon again. It is a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa River FindnotoutallthetimeVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had walked by Celadon two or three times when we were shopping in Napa, but were looking for a dinner location to take friends staying with us in Napa. We requested and were seated in the covered patio. There is no river view but it is only a step away from the river and we had a very pleasant post dinner stroll along the steadily improving river front. The food was very good, although one should not expect Yountville level of innovation. We all cleared our plates, so it couldn't have been that bad. We had sorbet for dessert (white peach and mixed berries). I could see coming just for the dessert. The outdoor tables are spread well, so it was a very comfortable private dinner. We will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Out of Town FamilyitsuzooDined on 8/10/2014We love Celadon, so of course we thought of it when we needed reservations for a dinner with visiting family. Food was fabulous, service knowledgeable and attentive. We were seated outside, but inside the restaurant would be better for a meal and conversation with older folks than outside on the covered patio. All in all, a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with the family at Celadonfood4kphDined on 8/10/2014We return to Celadon often. Like to introduce our family and friends to it because we enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere. The entry way is beautiful with all of the vines and flowers welcoming you. You can't go wrong when you start off with Celadon's musssels and calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!EatOutEnjoyDined on 8/10/2014Great Place with a nice fireplace on the patio. Using open table Rez was so easy, got in and seated super fast. Greeted by really nice staff and served by Julie who was awesome! The menu selection was really good, Lamb! To die for! Had an amazing last dinner in Napa :) recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RhoniVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always order just starters and make a meal out of several different things. All dishes were excellent. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- DisappointingrenieDined on 8/8/2014We were running late Friday night and they were very accommodating. Service was prompt and friendly. Both of our entrees were disappointing. The lamb shank was mediocre (over cooked?). My fish, which was the special Friday - a seabass was overlooked, dry and did not seem at all like the wonderful description I heard. I didn't eat more than a couple bites. The goat cheese small plate was great but it's pretty hard to hurt goat cheese. The clam chowder my husband had was good. I picked Celedon for our pre-Chris Isaac dinner because we had been there before and the current reviews were very good. I was disappointed. I hate spending $150 for dinner to have it turn out poorly.
- Great placeluvthisplaceDined on 8/7/2014I love this place from the specialty cocktails to the desert. Everything was very flavorful. It was my second time and it was even better than I remembered.Special Features:
- Good food but too saltyVegheadDined on 8/6/2014We found the best item we ordered to be your fresh bib lettuce salad. Simple and fresh. The other items we ordered were good but too heavily salted and oiled. Your ingredients are great-don't overpower them with unnecessary oils and salts. Let the food shine on it's own. Beautiful outdoor patio, wish we could've been seated on it but the hostess seated a walk-in couple outside and then told us (we had a reservation) that there were no outside tables. That was poor. Our waiter was great however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and innovative cuisineKarenfromWIDined on 8/6/2014We are from Wisconsin and just in Napa for two days to do some winery visits. This is a lovely restaurant with good service, excellent menu choices, nice appetizers including goat cheese and calamari. Our daughter had the roasted chicken with gnocchi, husband had the pork porterhouse, and I had the pasta special which had a wonderful shredded slow roasted pork and spinach, mushrooms and a lovely truffle sauce blended through the linguini. All of our meals were excellent and beautifully presented. We would certainly choose Celadon again when we return to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Best Food and service in Napa! Always new food items and something yummy to try.Special Features:
- Celadon deliciuos!fabiennesDined on 8/4/2014Great food and wines. Perfect service. You will enjoy a fancy dinner in the heart of the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still My FavoritelocalnapanlDined on 8/4/2014I live in Napa and have so many wonderful choices when I meet friends for lunch, but we always come back to Celadon. Greg, Beth and Marcos have set a standard that guarantees we will enjoy fantastic food, a friendly, efficient staff, and great service. I usually order one of their constantly changing "daily specials" that take advantage of the fresh, seasonal offerings of our wonderful valley farms. The pairings of the ingredients selected for each dish, complimented by distinct sauces and toppings, never fail to please. My husband and I, and so many of our local friends, name this as our favorite hometown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Celadon in Napadmjinc71Dined on 8/3/2014Our first trip to Napa and someone recommended Celadon. It lived up to the billing. Food was great, creative dishes on the menu made it difficult to choose. A little expensive, but we learned that is the case all over Napa. Ambiance is OK - not a super romantic or private setting, but for a couple or a small group that wants good food and wine and comfortable conversation, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- I'd go backdortsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Was an early dinner....we sat on the patio, service excellent, food arrived on time, food was well prepared, cost a little high.. overall...no problems. We will go back again. This restaurant has been here a long time, they know their stuff. Napa has plenty of places to eat and I'm sure Celadon will be around for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMizzvickDined on 8/2/2014My new fav place in my new city! Pork belly with watermelon is to die for!Special Features:
- Birthday BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014What a find! We were celebrating my wife's birthday and I picked this restaurant because the menu looked amazing and all the comments were good. It exceeded my expectations. I had a special which was lamb sirloin and it was the best lamb I have ever eaten. My wife had the duck and was blown away. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014I always love to get wine recommendations from their sommelier, Manny. And the new host, Joel, is very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- DelightfulFavoriteDined on 8/1/2014Celadon is a wonderful place for lunch when you can sit on the patio. The ambience is lovely, service excellent and food was great! Always a good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in NapaPalmettoSmithDined on 7/31/2014Delicious meal, impeccable service (thanks to Angie and crew), perfect wine pairings (again...thank you, Angie!) and lovely ambiance. We highly recommend Celadon to travelers staying in the area.Special Features:
- Spectacular California Style DinnerJFLRDined on 7/30/2014Love all the organic ingredients they use to prepare food in this amazing Restaurant. You will love the food, wine and very well served dishes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Always perfect! Consistent quality in food and service.Special Features:
- Another great night at CeladonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We have been eating at Celadon since before they moved to their current location and it never fails to deliver. The calamari is the BEST you will find in town. Their entree's are always excellent, so much so that you can begin to take them for granted. Don't. When a restaurant maintains a level of excellence in the kitchen for well over a decade, it is amazing. Enjoy a great meal, and try to be outdoors, it is a much nicer space.Special Features:
- Ambience is Outstandingsandj1Dined on 7/28/2014When you go sit outside, it is wonderful. Service is outstanding and the calamari, wow, some of the best I ever had. I ordered the duck breast which was way over cooked, even asking them to cook it medium (ask for it rare). The brussels-kale that came with had sand or dirt in it so every chew was gritty. Aside from that everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food is consistently very good! The crab cake is one of the very best ever! The Kobe hangar steak was delicious and tender. Others in our party enjoyed the pork chop, heirloom tomato salad, butter lettuce salad and salmon. In an area with many great restaurants from which to choose, you will never go wrong at Celadon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!yumm2Dined on 7/26/2014Great atmosphere, great good, great service! Loved the calamari and muscles. Our group tried everything from the starters and salads to the steak, duck and seafood entrées--really enjoyed it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.