Celadon - Napa
500 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Celadon - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.celadonnapa.com/
- Phone: 7072549690x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served Monday - Friday 11:30am until 2:30pm
Afternoon menu served Monday - Friday 2:30-5:00pm
Dinner served nightly from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Marcos Uribe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of group dining options depending on the day of the week, the time of the year and whether you're reserving for lunch or dinner. In order to provide you with pricing and details, please send us an email with your group size and date(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond via email.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 707-254-9690x
A word from Celadon - Napa
Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Celadon - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (168)great for outdoor dining (156)special occasion (137)romantic (135)neighborhood gem (105)notable wine list (97)good for groups (74)great for lunch (52)hot spot (34)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- Outstanding food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014If you're visiting Napa, this gem is not to be missed! Of all the eateries we frequented, this was the best. The food was excellent, service was superb and the atmosphere is unparallelled. And should you go, you HAVE to get the lemon meringue pie for dessert - it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience with Don Surh...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014The staff is amazing. From arriving at the restaurant to leaving the restaurant. We ordered a bottle wine from Surh Luchtel and the Manager comes over and says "Would you like to meet the Wine Maker?". Ummm Yes! So, he brought over to his table and we ended up tasting some other wine that he brought for his table. What an amazing experience..... Don Surh was very nice and shared his special wines with us "tableside"! Check out his wines at www.surhluchtel.com The lamb was soo good and my wife had the salmon. We will definitely return during our next trip to Napa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!JJ49VIPDined on 10/22/2014Celadon has been a favorite spot when visiting Napa but we won't be returning. We were greeted politely but it went downhill from there - and we brought friends to whom we had raved about the place. Our server had an "attitude" from the time he approached the table. Every question we asked he answered condescendingly and was inattentive once our orders were placed. The food was only OK but we never complained about anything until our over-baked bread pudding came and we asked for sauce just to make it edible. When we made the reservation we said we were celebrating a birthday - the hostess even mentioned it - but our waiter never did. Wish we'd gotten his name since he's the reason we won't come back (he had a shaved head) but what a shame!
- Too much cabbageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We ordered four appetizers. Three came on the same cabbage bed or so it seemed.
- Great Place! Eat There!FoofiemanVIPDined on 10/21/2014I have been going to Celadon for years and have never reviewed it. Great place, great menu. Chef Cole only fresh seasonal ingredients. Best crab cakes in the Valley.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencecurtainsDined on 10/20/2014Loved the patio garden experience. It is a great oasis to just get away and relax. My friend and I had a wonderful relaxing time. Ready to do it again soon and will be recommending it tomfriends too.Special Features:
- Loved it!luv2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014This was one of my favorite places we dined while in Napa. The restaurant has a beautifully lit patio and inside dining as well. Their food was all very fresh and seasonal. The staff was attentive and friendly, but not overly stuffy as sometimes encountered at a high end restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant - it's great for a date night or a special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre vegetarian optionsDon44Dined on 10/18/2014The polenta and veggies dish was about the most tasteless concoction I've ever had in a higher end restaurant. I can't imagine that the chef would ever choose this dish to eat personally. Three of us ordered this choice and the conclusion was unanimous...really bad. Maybe the steaks are better but if you are a health conscious vegetarian, look elsewhere for better choices. Nice ambiance and packed with diners but we were underwhelmed. The warning should have been a restaurant that bills itself as "comfort food".Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EVENING DININGnapalindaDined on 10/18/2014Celadon is a show case. We often take our out of state family members here and enjoy wonderful food, service and atmosphere. The food is always prepared -- yummy. From the moment you enter the patio and hostess greets and seats you are a welcomed member of their community. All service staff are professional and friendly. If you are in Napa, dine at Celadon.Special Features:
- Delicious mealMartyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful meal here. All the dishes we ordered were very good and service fine.Special Features:
- localfoodieDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic as usual. Such personal service. Great food and great service. The outdoor area is great anytime of year. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningLovestowineanddineDined on 10/16/2014When I made reservations, I noted it was my husbands and my 30th wedding anniversary. When we arrived, the hostess greeted us by saying "Happy Anniversary" before taking us right away to a lovely table next to the cozy fireplace. Immediatly our waiter Angie came over and to our surprise brought us champagne, wishing us a happy anniversary too. It made us feel so welcomed, appreciated and special. The service and food were over the top excellent. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful evening, thank you to Angie and the chef, it will always be a happy memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable evening at Celadoncherry2happypeopleDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I were really looking foreward to dining at Celadon after a hard day on the golf course.Upon arriving we were greeted by a nice young lady who right away led us to our table. We were happy to see how quickly our waiter introduced himself and proceeded to take our orders. Looking around it was nice to see groups and couples enjoying themselves. All I have to say is our dinner was Great. Your manager talked with us and we noticed how helpful he was. It was nice to see him helping customers along with his fellow employees. We have told many friends about Celadon. Every time we come to Napa this is by far one of our Favorite restaurants. Thank you very much, Aloha Tom and TriciaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails - our "go to" placeQuintessentialNapaFoodVIPDined on 10/16/2014Celadon is ideally located, but also with beautifully romantic ambiance. The archway laced with greenery and lights is so inviting and sets the mood for a perfectly delicious and memorable meal. Celadon is where we go when we want the best quality "Napa" dining experience, whether it is just the two of us or our foodie friends and colleagues are visiting. The calamari never fails and we order it when the water is brought to the table. Thanks Greg Cole for crafting an interesting and savory menu. We love it and are loyal diners.Special Features:
- Recommended for gluten freeCookieputterDined on 10/12/2014Lamb shank was excellent but couscous was the best ever...very easy to et gluten free....awesome gluten free apple galette and duck Bret with gluten free spatzleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSocalcyclistDined on 10/12/2014After reading a couple negative reviews on Yelp I was very pleasantly surprised by the attentive service and food quality. And they had my favorite wine.Special Features:
- The Perfect AmbiancefriendlyeaterDined on 10/11/2014Celadon was a perfect fit for our last stop on our girls trip to Napa. The atmosphere was wonderful, not too loud to where we weren't shouting at each other to have a conversation, and had a homey feel to it. The staff were polite, welcoming and attentive. The drinks were delicious, and the food was amazing. What a great experience all around.Special Features:
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We were celebrating our 27th anniversary and the restaurant was welcoming and pleasant. PS the vanilla bean crème brûlée with caramelized bananas was FantasticSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Outstanding in every way: Quality of food, Service, Ambiance, etc. Was our favorite dinner while in the Napa region.Special Features:
- Mike WMIKEWVIPDined on 10/10/2014As usual, Celadon, tops the list of "where, when visiting Napa Valley, do I start." We stop by for lunch every year for our annual pilgrimage to arguably the best wine region in the world. All 8 of us were "over the top" about the food and ambiance. This is a "must do" for anyone looking for great quality, creativity and reason pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our honeymoonCaliIsForLoversDined on 10/9/2014The (gluten free) galette dessert was to DIE FOR! My wife (who is gluten intolerant) said that it was the best dessert she ever had...believe me, that's high praise!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Celadon is in the heart of Napa and is a great romantic place for a nice dinner. The food and atmosphere and service were excellent. Would eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationHappy2dineDined on 10/5/2014Loved the openness of the patio and not feeling as if the patrons next to us were dining at our table. As a surprise, I was able to pre-order sparkling wine for the table which was waiting for us upon arrival. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive throughout the evening. We started with a small plate of calamari and it was hands down the best we have had dining out. For our dinner, I had the ahi tuna and my fiancé had the lamb, both were delicious and cooked to perfection. For dessert, we had the creme brûlée and what a pleasant surprise main ingredient bananas. Most delicious! Overall, the night was amazing from start to finish and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic dinner in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...OurnightoutDined on 10/3/2014We got a gift card from our kids and what a great night out we had. Food was great; started w/ small plates, the crab cake and goat cheese crustini, hmmmmm good. I had the steak and my husband had the duck. The steak was prob. one of the best I've had. Cooked and seasoned perfectly. The duck needed a bit more seasoning, a little bland. We shared the cobbler, it was great. Staff was nice enough. Overall a very nice night out. I would have given it a 5 star had the duck been seasoned just a bit more. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice in downtown NapaMspltDined on 10/3/2014Had agreat meal with agroup of friends. Lovely spot and good food and service.Special Features:
- Garden PartyTraceyLynnVIPDined on 10/2/2014The open table description doesn't do this place justice. What a find Celadon is. The food is amazing and the ambiance is even better. Make sure to sit in the atrium if possible as it is open roof if the weather is nice. I will be sure to visit Celadon again when in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadyladyDined on 10/2/2014We spent a week in Napa and this was the best restaurant we visited. I had the mussels and they were the best I ever had. My husband loved the Ahi tuna. We had a great server, friendly and attentive and not at all pretencious. Overall an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Celadon traditionAllieToddDined on 10/1/2014We have been vacationing in Napa every year for 8 years now. We always have our first dinner meal at Celadon... A fabulous tradition that we absolutely love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Air DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014our party of four enjoyed a delicious dinner in the patio area - open to the cool night air. The service was great, not rushed or intrusive and the menu interesting, great choices. We ordered the salmon and ahi as entrees - outstanding! And leave room for dessert - ooey gooey chocolate cake and lemon meringue pie were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveninglarejeanDined on 9/28/2014Lamb was too cook but the couscous was Delicious!!! We sat by the fire place, was very romantic :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedstina33Dined on 9/27/2014I made reservations here several months before our trip to Napa because I had heard such great things. We arrived on time for our reservation and were asked to wait in the bar for about 10 minutes. An hour and 15 minutes later we were finally seated, with no comped drinks and to a clueless waitress. Our appetizers were good. My husband's pork porterhouse was thin, overcooked and very disappointing. I had the pasta special and the heirloom tomato salad. Both were good, but we were all exhausted by the time the main course arrived. One of our party left and went back to the hotel on his own because he was so tired. I have no problem paying a lot for a great meal, but at $150/head I would not recommend dining here.
- It was OKHungryGuyDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I ate at Celadon on a very busy Saturday evening. Reading prior reviews and write-ups had perhaps set our expectations unreasonably high. In a nutshell, we were seated in a back table near the kitchen entrance which was not the best. The food was good, but not exceptional (we found the endive salad to have too much dressing for our tastes). We did have a great server, and he certainly helped make the evening more pleasant. We would go back, but it is not on the top of our list.Special Features:
- Not sureLizToddVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had a hit and miss this time here. It had been about 10 years since my last visit. We used to always come here when I worked in Napa for many years. Regrettably this visit wasn't so great. Oh sure their wait staff is probably the best in the county, but regrettably that didn't make up for the food. The special was a filet of pork with was the texture of rubber and not medium rare as requested by our guest and my husband. I was lucky and had a good meal, but when the people you specifically invited couldn't eat at all, it didn't matter how mine was. I should also add that there was work on a local hwy so we were 10 minutes late and they refused to seat our guests until we arrived. Put a damper on the entire evening. Maybe I'll try again...Special Features:
- Great celebrationScooterDined on 9/26/2014The atmosphere was perfect for celebrating our wedding anniversary. The cocktails were great, the food was amazing. But the service really was top notch. A really genuine find in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, so relaxingGlomgardDined on 9/25/2014Celadon is such an amazing place for dinner. The service is great and the food is even better. The specials are amazing. Detail is here in the food and the wine list is lengthy. I have eaten here many times and never had anything below great. I highly recommend Celadon for an intimate night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in NapaoptdoctorDined on 9/24/2014Celadon is a must do restaurant in Napa. Get a table on the patio if you can. The food was delicious and the atmosphere very vibrant and funSpecial Features:
- Good food and serviceJackVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had the halibut and salmon-both were well prepared with a nice accompanyment of vegetables. Server was attentive -made for a nice last night in NapaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAustinFoodieDined on 9/23/2014Service and food were both excellent. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - ok ambianceboilerDined on 9/23/2014not a great wine by the glass offering. food was very good and service was goodSpecial Features:
- Almost Perfection!KrisVIPDined on 9/23/2014Celadon is one of my favorite downtown Napa venues, and when it reopened after the earthquake I couldn't wait to return. Lunch had a very festive feel of celebration and renewal, even with severe wall cracks in the ladies :). We shared three small plates that were spectacular (including pork belly with watermelon, oh yum) along with the grilled polenta that is too wonderful. I must say that I prefer the luncheon preparation of the polenta to the evening edition (different chefs?). it always feels like home and this time even more so. It is a truly worthy destination for celebration or just a good meal out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.