Celadon - Napa
500 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Celadon - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.celadonnapa.com/
- Phone: 7072549690x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served Monday - Friday 11:30am until 2:30pm
Afternoon menu served Monday - Friday 2:30-5:00pm
Dinner served nightly from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Marcos Uribe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of group dining options depending on the day of the week, the time of the year and whether you're reserving for lunch or dinner. In order to provide you with pricing and details, please send us an email with your group size and date(s) to: email@example.com. We will respond via email.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 707-254-9690x
A word from Celadon - Napa
Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Celadon - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (163)fit for foodies (157)romantic (135)special occasion (132)neighborhood gem (104)notable wine list (92)good for groups (63)great for lunch (51)hot spot (29)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Lamb was too cook but the couscous was Delicious!!! We sat by the fire place, was very romantic :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I made reservations here several months before our trip to Napa because I had heard such great things. We arrived on time for our reservation and were asked to wait in the bar for about 10 minutes. An hour and 15 minutes later we were finally seated, with no comped drinks and to a clueless waitress. Our appetizers were good. My husband's pork porterhouse was thin, overcooked and very disappointing. I had the pasta special and the heirloom tomato salad. Both were good, but we were all exhausted by the time the main course arrived. One of our party left and went back to the hotel on his own because he was so tired. I have no problem paying a lot for a great meal, but at $150/head I would not recommend dining here.
- Great celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The atmosphere was perfect for celebrating our wedding anniversary. The cocktails were great, the food was amazing. But the service really was top notch. A really genuine find in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, so relaxingGlomgardDined on 9/25/2014Celadon is such an amazing place for dinner. The service is great and the food is even better. The specials are amazing. Detail is here in the food and the wine list is lengthy. I have eaten here many times and never had anything below great. I highly recommend Celadon for an intimate night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in NapaoptdoctorDined on 9/24/2014Celadon is a must do restaurant in Napa. Get a table on the patio if you can. The food was delicious and the atmosphere very vibrant and funSpecial Features:
- Good food and serviceJackVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had the halibut and salmon-both were well prepared with a nice accompanyment of vegetables. Server was attentive -made for a nice last night in NapaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - ok ambianceboilerDined on 9/23/2014not a great wine by the glass offering. food was very good and service was goodSpecial Features:
- Almost Perfection!KrisVIPDined on 9/23/2014Celadon is one of my favorite downtown Napa venues, and when it reopened after the earthquake I couldn't wait to return. Lunch had a very festive feel of celebration and renewal, even with severe wall cracks in the ladies :). We shared three small plates that were spectacular (including pork belly with watermelon, oh yum) along with the grilled polenta that is too wonderful. I must say that I prefer the luncheon preparation of the polenta to the evening edition (different chefs?). it always feels like home and this time even more so. It is a truly worthy destination for celebration or just a good meal out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star restaurant and 1 star foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We booked this restaurant due to its online comments, top 5 restaurants, and customer recommendations. We recently went there for dinner and dreaded every moment. We ordered the Salmon and also the Duck. The salmon came out dry as in over cooked which is hard to do as fish is not to be served well done. Then the Duck which was ordered medium as served in 4 slices that were rare on one side and med well on the other. This tells me that the chef was not paying attention. We also could not believe this was allowed to leave the kitchen in this condition which again indicated that the chef had no control of the kitchen When offered to have new meals cooked we refused as again, its a 5 star restaurant where food should not have to be re-ordered.
- Wonderful dining experienceBearswolfVIPDined on 9/19/2014After a long day of wining in Sonoma, it was wonderful to find such a nice spot for a great meal. While the food was good, it was really the service that was the shining point of the evening. The staff really worked as a team to take care of their patrons... when one wasn't available, another would step in to assist.Special Features:
- Do Not Miss This OneMontyVIPDined on 9/19/2014It is still a wonderful experience to find that family owned, relatively small restaurant that delivers the best at every turn. Celadon is such a place. Uncommonly fresh produce and chefs with long experience (including owner Chef Greg Cole) and creativity equal fine dining. Don''t miss the calamari, a specialty cocktail, any of the specials, or the fish sandwiches. And ask for the patio if it is available. We always tell people that this is one of those few restaurants that is not to be missed when you are in wine country.Special Features:
- Return visitPeggyKDined on 9/18/2014We always make sure we dine @ Celadon whenever we are in Napa. It never lets us down. We took 4 friends with us this time & ate on the patio. They loved it. Our server was exceptional. This place is not to be missed. Be sure you have a reservation.Special Features:
- This is the real-deal NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The restaurant that Napa's local foodies go to and, arguably, the most quintessential Napa Valley restaurant in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJringforkDined on 9/17/2014While in Napa. A must go. You will not be disappointed. Try to sit outside. Or actually in covered patio area by brick fireplace. Great spot. Beautiful entryway and courtyard garden. Food was excellent. Very laid back yet high end at the same time. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dldaveDined on 9/16/2014Simply an outstanding restaurant--from the ambiance to the service. Food quality and preparation were outstanding. This was a true find during our trip. Highly recommended to anyone.Special Features:
- Just amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/16/2014I frequent this restaurant for a reason and this visit was no exception. I had the pasta special of the day with clams, Spanish prawns and marinated tomatoes. It was one of the best pasta dishes I've EVER HAD!! Everyone in my party enjoyed their meals. If you're there on a Friday their clam chowder is the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodGrapeGALDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful meal.......seasonal choices and specials. Heirloom tomato salad was so delish! Pasta special was superb. "Wine Guy" Manny was terrific in selecting a wine for us. A large party of 8 (30ish guests) were loud, noisy and were rudely "entitled" to enjoy their dinner, at the expense of others. The food is always worth a return visit! Service was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Food wasn't cooked all the way through and service was non existent. We felt like it was a place recommended to tourists, but the quality of the food was very poor.
- Food Rocked Service mehRandmanDined on 9/12/2014Loved the food here, really top notch and for that I would come back. Our server was very nice but somewhat indifferent, almost like hurray up and finish, so we can get someone else in. When we asked for recommendations and suggestions we were met with everything is good, its up to you. Regardless, our orders resulted in great food, very well prepared and presented. Next time will dine on the patio, seemed way more fun and lively. The inside was a little staid. Strangest thing was no music in the background. Music can set the vibe and I think that was missing. Not sure if it had anything to do with the recent earthquake or not. Very busy.Special Features:
- Best of NapafossvoxxVIPDined on 9/11/2014Celedon is a locals' favorite, but visitors need to put it on their list too! The menu is generous with small and large plate selections, and they always have several additional specials which make you rethink your original picks!! Service is very efficient and your order of their famous calamari comes out quickly to start things off. The outdoor patio is tucked under a leafy bower of pots and vines and has a cozy fireplace in the middle. That's the best place to sit, even in winter with the heaters on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celadon Hits all notes.2SnivliesDined on 9/11/2014The food is spectacular. The wine is grand. The service made me feel special and well attended. We've been coming here for years, it never disappoints. Beyond satisfaction.Special Features:
- Happy with CeladonMF280Dined on 9/4/2014Food was good. Service was good. Outdoor seating provided for a romantic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celadon is a gemYNWADined on 9/4/2014Consistently excellent food, service, ambience. Very creative food choices, great variety, and service to match. Clean, well organized, and has a controlled feel -no chaos one sometimes sees such a busy restaurant. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Good from start to finish!MikeyBDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I stopped here for dinner one night. The food was great! We split the calamari and the tomatoes w/ burrata cheese. She had the 'Pasta of the Day' and I had the Flat Iron Steak. Both were excellent. We left very satisfied.Special Features:
- Had a great timeprobertsDined on 9/3/2014The ambiance of this restaurant is great. The food was very good, although my friend who ate the salmon said it was only so/so.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant Experience!patrickdDined on 8/31/2014My fiancée and I celebrated our first dinner tonight as an engaged couple here and we couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. The food was amazing! I ordered the Akaushi Flat Iron Steak and my fiancée had the Pan Seared Wild King Salmon. Then, we finished our wonderful meal with Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee. Safe to say nothing was left on our plates. The atmosphere was quiet but lively enough to not feel alone; it allowed us to have a fun conversation throughout the whole dinner. It is a little pricey, but it is worth it. I highly recommend Celadon!Special Features:
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Celadon is always amazing. I is one of our favorites. We can always rely the quality and freshness of every meal.Special Features:
- Great time at Celadon!DelightfulDinersDined on 8/30/2014Only a week after the earthquake, Celadon made our visit to the Napa Valley a memorable experiance! The food was tasty, the service amazing and we will be back to dine again on our next visit to the Napa Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Napa restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was very good, fast with bread water and specials. Calamari appetizer is outstanding. Lamb shank Moroccan style was exceptional, swordfish very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014We come here at least every other month with friends or alone. Everyone loves it. The outdoor seating is beautiful and the food is consistently so good. I highly recommend this for a romantic dinner or a group??.Special Features:
- A Napa GemOut4funDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Celadon on the riverfront of Napa. This was our first time here. The food was excellent and presented in a stylish and artistic way ... with excellent wine. The ambience in the inside dining room is classy and romantic ... and the outside seating is artsy, rustic Napa style, and fun! We will definitely be back and will bring our family! This is a Napa gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Earthquake Napa DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Place was busy however table ready on arrival. Reasonable corkage fee if you want to bring your own special purchase to drink. Nice collection of flavors on the menu. I had the lamb shank which had a Moroccan influence. Partner had duck which was a large serving and cooked well however wasn't as flavorful. Great options for gluten free. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- CeladonMcl18Dined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner and our table request was accommodated , however we felt a little rushed, our food came out in less than 5 minutes after we ordered...disconcerting to say the least. We needed more time and then people kept trying to take our food...that we got 5 minutes ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Napa restaurantlxvetteVIPDined on 8/20/2014Been here before when visiting wine country, great food and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedNWdinerDined on 8/20/2014When I book things online I am always ready for disappointment but our visit to Celadon was nothing but great. From the moment we walked in, until we left 2.5 hours later, the staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend sitting on the patio, taking your time, and trying one of the delicious entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Celedon!localdinerDined on 8/20/2014With so many wonderful places to eat in the Napa Valley - Celedon is one of our very favorites! It's a comfortable environment with food you can always expect to be delicious - as locals we recommend it to people all the time. The Calamari is one of the best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Celadon Fan-Disappointed!localyocalDined on 8/19/2014Celadon is one of my favorite restaurants, but our dinner there earlier this week was disappointing. I had the sea bass special and it was simply mediocre tasting and not well-presented. Our waitress was initially kind and helpful, but not really attentive to us after that. I had to ask for a second glass of wine and she never checked during our meal to see how we were doing. I'm really hoping this was a rare off night because I love this place.Special Features:
- Great food, that's itCacehoDined on 8/16/2014Love this place, hopefully next time we end with a more friendly waiter.
- Lovely placeJkhampethDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriends and I meet up once a year for a girls get together and we couldn't have picked a better place to fine. From the appetizers to the main dish we have no complaints. The dessert was perfect! We had the creme brûlée and it was just right. You could every ingredient in the dishes and amazingly the parpadelle pasta was robust and not just a "pasta dish". I highly recommend this to any visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I cook daily and are often unimpressed with many places I go for dinner. My husband and I both loved our dinner! great service and every bite was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.