Celadon - Napa
500 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Celadon - Napa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.celadonnapa.com/
- Phone: 7072549690x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served Monday - Friday 11:30am until 2:30pm
Afternoon menu served Monday - Friday 2:30-5:00pm
Dinner served nightly from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Executive Chef: Marcos Uribe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of group dining options depending on the day of the week, the time of the year and whether you're reserving for lunch or dinner. In order to provide you with pricing and details, please send us an email with your group size and date(s) to: email@example.com. We will respond via email.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 707-254-9690x
A word from Celadon - Napa
Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Celadon - Napa reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (162)great for outdoor dining (157)romantic (136)special occasion (130)neighborhood gem (101)notable wine list (87)good for groups (58)great for lunch (55)hot spot (26)great for brunch (19)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Fabulous FoodGrapeGALDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful meal.......seasonal choices and specials. Heirloom tomato salad was so delish! Pasta special was superb. "Wine Guy" Manny was terrific in selecting a wine for us. A large party of 8 (30ish guests) were loud, noisy and were rudely "entitled" to enjoy their dinner, at the expense of others. The food is always worth a return visit! Service was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Food wasn't cooked all the way through and service was non existent. We felt like it was a place recommended to tourists, but the quality of the food was very poor.
- Food Rocked Service mehRandmanDined on 9/12/2014Loved the food here, really top notch and for that I would come back. Our server was very nice but somewhat indifferent, almost like hurray up and finish, so we can get someone else in. When we asked for recommendations and suggestions we were met with everything is good, its up to you. Regardless, our orders resulted in great food, very well prepared and presented. Next time will dine on the patio, seemed way more fun and lively. The inside was a little staid. Strangest thing was no music in the background. Music can set the vibe and I think that was missing. Not sure if it had anything to do with the recent earthquake or not. Very busy.Special Features:
- Best of NapafossvoxxVIPDined on 9/11/2014Celedon is a locals' favorite, but visitors need to put it on their list too! The menu is generous with small and large plate selections, and they always have several additional specials which make you rethink your original picks!! Service is very efficient and your order of their famous calamari comes out quickly to start things off. The outdoor patio is tucked under a leafy bower of pots and vines and has a cozy fireplace in the middle. That's the best place to sit, even in winter with the heaters on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celadon Hits all notes.2SnivliesDined on 9/11/2014The food is spectacular. The wine is grand. The service made me feel special and well attended. We've been coming here for years, it never disappoints. Beyond satisfaction.Special Features:
- Happy with CeladonMF280Dined on 9/4/2014Food was good. Service was good. Outdoor seating provided for a romantic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celadon is a gemYNWADined on 9/4/2014Consistently excellent food, service, ambience. Very creative food choices, great variety, and service to match. Clean, well organized, and has a controlled feel -no chaos one sometimes sees such a busy restaurant. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Good from start to finish!MikeyBDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I stopped here for dinner one night. The food was great! We split the calamari and the tomatoes w/ burrata cheese. She had the 'Pasta of the Day' and I had the Flat Iron Steak. Both were excellent. We left very satisfied.Special Features:
- Had a great timeprobertsDined on 9/3/2014The ambiance of this restaurant is great. The food was very good, although my friend who ate the salmon said it was only so/so.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant Experience!patrickdDined on 8/31/2014My fiancée and I celebrated our first dinner tonight as an engaged couple here and we couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. The food was amazing! I ordered the Akaushi Flat Iron Steak and my fiancée had the Pan Seared Wild King Salmon. Then, we finished our wonderful meal with Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee. Safe to say nothing was left on our plates. The atmosphere was quiet but lively enough to not feel alone; it allowed us to have a fun conversation throughout the whole dinner. It is a little pricey, but it is worth it. I highly recommend Celadon!Special Features:
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Celadon is always amazing. I is one of our favorites. We can always rely the quality and freshness of every meal.Special Features:
- Great time at Celadon!DelightfulDinersDined on 8/30/2014Only a week after the earthquake, Celadon made our visit to the Napa Valley a memorable experiance! The food was tasty, the service amazing and we will be back to dine again on our next visit to the Napa Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Napa restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was very good, fast with bread water and specials. Calamari appetizer is outstanding. Lamb shank Moroccan style was exceptional, swordfish very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014We come here at least every other month with friends or alone. Everyone loves it. The outdoor seating is beautiful and the food is consistently so good. I highly recommend this for a romantic dinner or a group??.Special Features:
- A Napa GemOut4funDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Celadon on the riverfront of Napa. This was our first time here. The food was excellent and presented in a stylish and artistic way ... with excellent wine. The ambience in the inside dining room is classy and romantic ... and the outside seating is artsy, rustic Napa style, and fun! We will definitely be back and will bring our family! This is a Napa gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Earthquake Napa DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Place was busy however table ready on arrival. Reasonable corkage fee if you want to bring your own special purchase to drink. Nice collection of flavors on the menu. I had the lamb shank which had a Moroccan influence. Partner had duck which was a large serving and cooked well however wasn't as flavorful. Great options for gluten free. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- CeladonMcl18Dined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner and our table request was accommodated , however we felt a little rushed, our food came out in less than 5 minutes after we ordered...disconcerting to say the least. We needed more time and then people kept trying to take our food...that we got 5 minutes ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Napa restaurantlxvetteVIPDined on 8/20/2014Been here before when visiting wine country, great food and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedNWdinerDined on 8/20/2014When I book things online I am always ready for disappointment but our visit to Celadon was nothing but great. From the moment we walked in, until we left 2.5 hours later, the staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend sitting on the patio, taking your time, and trying one of the delicious entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Celedon!localdinerDined on 8/20/2014With so many wonderful places to eat in the Napa Valley - Celedon is one of our very favorites! It's a comfortable environment with food you can always expect to be delicious - as locals we recommend it to people all the time. The Calamari is one of the best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Celadon Fan-Disappointed!localyocalDined on 8/19/2014Celadon is one of my favorite restaurants, but our dinner there earlier this week was disappointing. I had the sea bass special and it was simply mediocre tasting and not well-presented. Our waitress was initially kind and helpful, but not really attentive to us after that. I had to ask for a second glass of wine and she never checked during our meal to see how we were doing. I'm really hoping this was a rare off night because I love this place.Special Features:
- Great food, that's itCacehoDined on 8/16/2014Love this place, hopefully next time we end with a more friendly waiter.
- Lovely placeJkhampethDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriends and I meet up once a year for a girls get together and we couldn't have picked a better place to fine. From the appetizers to the main dish we have no complaints. The dessert was perfect! We had the creme brûlée and it was just right. You could every ingredient in the dishes and amazingly the parpadelle pasta was robust and not just a "pasta dish". I highly recommend this to any visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I cook daily and are often unimpressed with many places I go for dinner. My husband and I both loved our dinner! great service and every bite was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHedrickDined on 8/15/2014Both the server and the sommelier did a great job and were very pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- GrooveDined on 8/14/2014Service, atmosphere, and food were all very good. Menu is small but some quality items.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnersandrachristineDined on 8/14/2014We loved sitting outside and the service was terrific, but some of the dishes were a little disappointing. The watermelon, daikon and pork belly salad was fresher last time we had it. The flat-iron steak was underdone (he asked for medium rare and got very rare) and the potato it was sitting on was hard in the center. My husband thought the arugula with pesto salad that was on top of the meat and potato was too much competition for the meat. We both loved the calamari (we ask them to serve the sweet chili sauce on the side) and my salmon was delicious with mashed potatoes and corn with bacon jus. The best thing was the expresso brulee we had for desert--spectacular. We'll go again, but probably have appetizers, salads and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm Mmmmmmm Good!!Texan52Dined on 8/13/2014For our final night in Napa we stopped in at Celadon and had some of the best food of the week. I had the polenta and mushroom dish, and my husband had the pork chop. We both made happy plates! For dessert we shared the lemon pie and our fabulous waiter rescued us from licking the plate!! You will definitely want to add Celadon to your dining bucket list!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJanetLDined on 8/13/2014I chose Celedon based on reviews. I must say the restaurant and the service did not disappoint. I had even booked my reservation through Open Table and requested outdoor seating by the fireplace and that is exactly where I was seated. The food was fantasic. My group of four each had different entrees: Porterhouse Pork Steak, Beef Pasta special, Duck, and the Lamb. All were fabulous. For starters we either had the butter lettuce salad with Champagne Vinergrette or the tomato salads. Both were great. I also tried the pork belly and watermelon appetizer. It too was wonderful. We went on a Wednesday night, the crowd was minimal and we were seated at exactly our reservation time. We will go to Celedon again. It is a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa River FindnotoutallthetimeVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had walked by Celadon two or three times when we were shopping in Napa, but were looking for a dinner location to take friends staying with us in Napa. We requested and were seated in the covered patio. There is no river view but it is only a step away from the river and we had a very pleasant post dinner stroll along the steadily improving river front. The food was very good, although one should not expect Yountville level of innovation. We all cleared our plates, so it couldn't have been that bad. We had sorbet for dessert (white peach and mixed berries). I could see coming just for the dessert. The outdoor tables are spread well, so it was a very comfortable private dinner. We will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Out of Town FamilyitsuzooDined on 8/10/2014We love Celadon, so of course we thought of it when we needed reservations for a dinner with visiting family. Food was fabulous, service knowledgeable and attentive. We were seated outside, but inside the restaurant would be better for a meal and conversation with older folks than outside on the covered patio. All in all, a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with the family at Celadonfood4kphDined on 8/10/2014We return to Celadon often. Like to introduce our family and friends to it because we enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere. The entry way is beautiful with all of the vines and flowers welcoming you. You can't go wrong when you start off with Celadon's musssels and calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!EatOutEnjoyDined on 8/10/2014Great Place with a nice fireplace on the patio. Using open table Rez was so easy, got in and seated super fast. Greeted by really nice staff and served by Julie who was awesome! The menu selection was really good, Lamb! To die for! Had an amazing last dinner in Napa :) recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!RhoniVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always order just starters and make a meal out of several different things. All dishes were excellent. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- DisappointingrenieDined on 8/8/2014We were running late Friday night and they were very accommodating. Service was prompt and friendly. Both of our entrees were disappointing. The lamb shank was mediocre (over cooked?). My fish, which was the special Friday - a seabass was overlooked, dry and did not seem at all like the wonderful description I heard. I didn't eat more than a couple bites. The goat cheese small plate was great but it's pretty hard to hurt goat cheese. The clam chowder my husband had was good. I picked Celedon for our pre-Chris Isaac dinner because we had been there before and the current reviews were very good. I was disappointed. I hate spending $150 for dinner to have it turn out poorly.
- Great placeluvthisplaceDined on 8/7/2014I love this place from the specialty cocktails to the desert. Everything was very flavorful. It was my second time and it was even better than I remembered.Special Features:
- Good food but too saltyVegheadDined on 8/6/2014We found the best item we ordered to be your fresh bib lettuce salad. Simple and fresh. The other items we ordered were good but too heavily salted and oiled. Your ingredients are great-don't overpower them with unnecessary oils and salts. Let the food shine on it's own. Beautiful outdoor patio, wish we could've been seated on it but the hostess seated a walk-in couple outside and then told us (we had a reservation) that there were no outside tables. That was poor. Our waiter was great however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and innovative cuisineKarenfromWIDined on 8/6/2014We are from Wisconsin and just in Napa for two days to do some winery visits. This is a lovely restaurant with good service, excellent menu choices, nice appetizers including goat cheese and calamari. Our daughter had the roasted chicken with gnocchi, husband had the pork porterhouse, and I had the pasta special which had a wonderful shredded slow roasted pork and spinach, mushrooms and a lovely truffle sauce blended through the linguini. All of our meals were excellent and beautifully presented. We would certainly choose Celadon again when we return to Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Best Food and service in Napa! Always new food items and something yummy to try.Special Features:
- Celadon deliciuos!fabiennesDined on 8/4/2014Great food and wines. Perfect service. You will enjoy a fancy dinner in the heart of the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.