14028 N. US 183 SUITE 210
Austin, TX 78717Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cedroaustin.com/
- Phone: (512) 243-6555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday 11am-3pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,Saturday 11:00am - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Mediterranean, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to help you create a unique menu that fits your event, budget and expectation. Please call us for detailed information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our main dining room and patio can be reserved for private lunch or dinner. We will work with you to create personalized events and assist with every detail from the creation of the menu and selection of the wines to any other event planning services need.
- Private Party Contact: James 5122436555x
A word from Cedro
Cedro, located in the Lakeline Market shopping center, right next to the Alamo Draft house Lakeline, offers a modern approach to Classic Italian dishes. The design of Cedro is both elegant and informal. Our menu features handmade pastas, grilled pizza, braised meats and fresh seafoods. We support local breweries, farmers, and ranchers whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cedro reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Expensive food for TINY servingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. I expected it to be loud and crowded on a Saturday night, and it was. The noise level was made worse by the cement floors and high ceilings. The food was very good and our server attentive. However the portions were amazingly small. Don't go here if you are used to bringing home a portion of your dinner for tomorrow, or if you are very hungry. Kind of pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Great Find in Cedar ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We were very pleased to find Cedro. Having a restaurant with great ambiance this close to home is VERY rare. Their menu is great and wine selection is on par.Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousPerryReviewerDined on 10/30/2014Clean, minimalist furnishings and a non hustle environment. The food is fresh and the portions are ample. The arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing is a great appetizer. The various pasta dishes and meat dishes are equally fresh and full of flavor. There is usually enough to allow for a to-go container to enjoy the next day. We have been there three times the past month and both the lunch and dinner menus are equally satisfying.Special Features:
- First Time but not the lastPattyDined on 10/28/2014We met with friends and decided that we would try Cedros, none os us had been there. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and a nice variety of choices. We all tried different items and all pleased with our choices. There was not room for dessert but maybe next visit, which there will be soon! My one suggestion would be to add lasagna, Since they make their own pasta which is delicious, it would be great to see that on the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food and service was great. The prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Great addition to areaPerryReviewerDined on 10/23/2014Simple, clean environment, this new restaurant is a great addition to the area. Excellent service and varied menu. Arugula salad with lemon dressing was crisp and tasty. Their entrée menu had a half dozen pastas, pizzas, and meat dishes that were definitely "not out of the can or package" like many Italian restaurants. One of our new favorite places.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseRookiefoodieDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend Googled "romantic dinning in Cedar Park", and Cedro came up at the top of the list. Our waitress, Renee, was fantastic and thoroughly reviewed the menu with us. The appetizer, and food was excellent. We'll be coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBiztravelerfoodieDined on 10/17/2014We fiund Cedro on Open Table. The decor is a bit 1980's, but the food was amazing. They make their pasta fresh every day. My SO had the mussels and they were perfect. The broth was really vibrant and flavorful. I had the fried calamari which were very tender and crispy. The red pepper sauce was great. I chose the fettuccine for my entree. The pasta was cooked perfectly and unlike most places wasn't coated in a thick, clunky sauce. They served it with a perfectly cooked poached egg on top which when cut oozed out to coat the pasta in sauce which perfectly paired with the bacon in the pasta. My husband had the seafood risotto. Not a typical dish and was more like a great soup over rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a nice priceNachomealsDined on 10/5/2014We had the brunch at Cedro last week and all of us were quite pleased. My wife's eggs benedict were very well done and the rest of us had omelettes that were wonderfully prepared. We went in not long after they opened at 10 to beat the church crowd and it was not crowded and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Cedro hits the markGleemonexDined on 9/25/2014Anyone living in far NW Austin can tell you that the hip food scene out there is really close to dead. With very few exceptions, your choices are basically only chain restaurants. Cedro is one of those exceptions now, and I believe the only Italian restaurant on that list. This was my second time there, and both times, the food has been fantastic. There is a nice outdoor patio and an area where kids can run around. Inside has nice modern decor. The ambiance was very different the two times. The first was a crowded Friday night and the second was a low key week night. The service was great both times as was the food. Definitely coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!StrimeDined on 9/19/2014We found Cedro's through Open Table and decided to try something new, and we are so glad we did! This is an ndependently owned establishment with authentic Italian food, GREAT service, and good location. The roasted beet appetizer was wonderful. My seafood risotta was light yet filling, and my husband's plate (can't spell the name!) was amazing as well. The place was full the entire time we were there for dinner, including the outside eating area. We will definitely go back.
- Great experience!Foodie99Dined on 9/18/2014Not our first time. The pasta dishes continues to amaze. This time it was leg of lamb. Super tender and delicious. Couple the food with a nice wine and excellent, attentive, friendly service - a great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindptsaustinDined on 9/10/2014We decided to try Cedro after reading a few reviews which, for the most part, lavished praise on this relatively new spot in the busy Lakeline section of Cedar Park. First of all, how about a few pictures on the barren grey walls? I get the modern, spartan look, but some colors would be nice. OK...the food. Started off with perfectly fried lemon risotto arancini in a pomodora sauce. Terrific! Main courses were a beautifully, fall-off-the-bone lamb shank over polenta with a great red wine/tomato reduction. My wife's tagliatelle (all pastas are freshly made in house) was awesome with a bolognese sauce that included beef, veal, and pork. We'll be going back to try the pizza, which looked great on fellow diners' tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerwolfy21Dined on 8/22/2014The brunch menu is far better than the dinner menu. There was also a guy sitting right next to us that reeked horribly of BO. The sausage on my boyfriend's pasta was chopped incredibly small. My spaghetti and meatballs was decent. Might try dinner one more time, but we do love the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMoonlypDined on 8/21/2014There were four of us and we each ordered something different and we were each over the moon with our selection. Service was a bit slow considering it was a Thursday evening @ 7p, but food well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!DinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and the food was great! Prices are good, too.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The restaurant has very, very good Italian food. The homemade pastas are fantastic and the wine list is pretty good too. Overall it's a nice place for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedro for lunchGaryVIPDined on 8/7/2014I recently needed to find a good, independently owned restaurant in Cedar Park for a business lunch. Through Open Table, I discovered Cedro and booked a reservation. Based on the quality and presentation of the food, the great and friendly service and the very reasonable prices, I will return again and also for dinner as well. I recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to the chain restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Cedro reviews archive.
- Wonderful service, food, winemisterswankyDined on 7/24/2014Friends of ours invited us to eat at Cedro last month. We enjoyed it so much we've gone back on our own and plan to do so again & again. Northwest Austin doesn't have the density of great restaurants that East Austin, South Congress or Downtown might have, so it's exciting to have a place like Cedro close by. We had a bottle of Batisiolo Gavi, an excellent choice that we thoroughly enjoyed. The arancini is a great appetizer, as is the marinated beets ( though we were split on this one ). For a main course, both the gnocchi and the fettucini are outstanding - we've had that both times. Sunday Brunch is what we want to try next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!!PizzafreakDined on 7/18/2014Great service, incredibile food! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The food was delicious! We have often lamented the lack of good Italian food in our area. Cedro has come to save the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014The food was not good at all. Everything was overcooked or lacked flavor.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014It was very refreshing to find a local restaurant as good as this one in Cedar Park. It's the kind of restaurant I would expect to find only downtown. Excellent Northern Italian cuisine. Good wine selection. Live music on the patio. Our waiter David was awesome and very informed about the menu and wines. We will be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseoldskoolslimyDined on 6/16/2014I found this place through Open Table. I had never heard of it. I'm not local, if I was, I would go back and try different items. The fig pizza looked interesting. I had sausage ragu pasta. What I liked about everything that was put on our table was that I could look at the dish and tell what every single thing in it was. They're not running a scam, it's good quality fresh made food and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!BobTedCarolandJoeDined on 6/14/2014Dropped by on the recommendation of a friend and was more than pleasantly surprised. Definitely not a chain restaurant experience. There were 4 of us and we all tried each others plates, along with calamari and the dates (bacon wrapped....who knew)! Outstanding food, good wine. Want to try a pizza next visit. Can't wait to go back and bring more friends!. Website photos suggest this establishment is more formal....not the case. It is very casual! Overall, a great change for the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience!TexasHomeDined on 6/14/2014Food was fresh & delicious. My salmon was perfectly cooked & tiramisu was exactly as it should be: light, sweet & creamy! They serve a rich Italian coffee brand, so I will definitely get a cappuccino next time. The service was terrific with attentive servers quick to refill waters & check on us. (Manager stopped by too.) Ambiance feels more Asian-inspired, rather than Italian. Looking forward to our next visit and will sit outside to enjoy the live music (on a Sat. night).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian food in Cedar ParkSpeakingrock1Dined on 6/7/2014This was the second time that we have dined at Cedro. We loved the Pappadelle pasta last time and came back to try the pizza. Flat-bread pizza was fantastic, crust just crispy enough, melted cheese not over the top like american pizza places. And the salads are so, so good, the lemon-honey dressing just excellent (how can we get that recipe?). Nice selection of beers on draft like the Scottish amber. Finally, we had the dark chocolate mousse which is to die for. This is by far the best italian food in Cedar Park. Well worth the money!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseRodolfoDined on 5/26/2014This restaurant is a very good alternative to the many chain-restaurants in the area. Nice presentation and very good taste for everything we did have: salmon tartare, dates with bacon, seafood risotto and grilled salmon. It is a very good fusion between Italian concepts and oriental elegant simplicity, starting from the interior design, moving to the dishes presentation and ending with how the food tastes. Friendly and attentive service. Looking for another visit to complete our experience ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedro Mediterranean RestaurantPierreDined on 5/23/2014The menu is not extensive - but what we had was good. I had the Risotto with seafood and it was wonderful. It had also a nice kick to it. Not too spicy - and not bland at all (like most of them). The Asian owners are absolutely WONDERFUL - and live in Austin. The menu is still developing but promising. Again, you won't find the 10 page menu at other Italian restaurant (by the way, this is Italian Mediterranean - (just to specify) - but again - the content is good. My wife had the Spaghetti and indicated that the sauce was not usual - but again - VERY good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great RestaurantJSliverDined on 5/19/2014Cedro is remarkable for its consistency and quality. It's been my favorite restaurant since its opening. Having dined at Cedro many times,The Tagliatelle Bolognese is unmatched in my experience. The pasta is always perfectly al dente, absolutely consistent. The flavor of the ragu bests any other Bolognese I've tried, and I've tried a lot of them both in the U.S and abroad. It's simply unparalleled. Similarly, Cedro creates a remarkable Pork Milanese, also the best version of this classic dish that I've ever tasted. If you are looking for best Italian dining destination you won't find a more delightful experience than that provided by Cedro. Excellent service and utterly delicious food are what to expect from this North Austin treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedro's is a decent spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014The food is good and appreciate the gluten free options. The chairs were uncomfortable and limited beer selection. Host / hostess was difficult to communicate with, but waitress was fantastic! We had pizza, which was good if you like a flat bread/thin crust style. We'll go back to try brunch options, but it won't make the favorites list.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Seated quickly, but in a horrible spot outside with blinding sun shining right in eyes. After being reseated inside was ignored for a bit. It was busy, but needs to hire more waitstaff, or move faster. We waited 25 mins, for apps and after apps waited about the same before receiving mains. Food wasn't seasoned very well. Son ordered the Porchetta pizza, which was oily/heavy with cheese, too little pork, and what pork there was was bland. I ordered the short ribs with polenta. It had not been adequately trimmed, and was not fork tender as you would expect braised short ribs to be. In fact, they were stringy and dry, at odds with the enormous amount of fat on half of the beef. Not worth the money. I will not be returning.
- Too bad...hatecookingDined on 5/16/2014The first night Cedro was open, we went in and had dinner. Food and service were good.. We returned with friends. Three of us at the table ordered crabbed filled tortellini. Twenty minutes after finishing our salads we were told they sold their last order of tortellini. We reordered and were told we would have dessert on the house. When the main course was served, two of us were served and the other two were not served for five minutes. We ordered coffee and dessert. Coffee that was ordered came another ten minutes after dessert was served. Most places I have eaten at serve the coffee first, then dessert so you can enjoy both together. Then to top it all off, the dessert was added to the ticket and we had to ask to have it removed.
- Fresh Pasta - if you can get itDCvisitorDined on 5/11/2014This new Cedar Park restaurant makes its pasta fresh, and the gnocchi tastes good. However, our Mother's Day dinner experience was miserable because there was almost no service at all. Not just bad service - none. No water or menus for 10 minutes after we sat with our reservation. Appetizer did not come before two entrees eventually arrived for our party of five. Neither entree was for our two young kids. The rest came out one by one with minutes between each. Next to last were a french fries side that my 6-year-old had ordered. His actual cheese pizza entree came later than that. No one ever came to refill empty tea or water glasses. Instead of staying for dessert as planned, we spent 10 more mins getting the check.
- Save yourself the timeDissapointedItalianDined on 5/11/2014So we went here for their Mother's Day brunch. The place was crowded, which is to be expected, that didn't bother us. The problem started with the waiter. He was HORRIBLE!! Our food was not cooked completely, he refilled water into my beer glass (that still had some beer in it), he had to be asked twice to refill our water, he never offered my daughters refills on their milk, or my wife an additional Mimosa. Our food took a long time to come out, and it was cold when it showed up. The portions were tiny, and this is the only Italian place I have ever been to that doesn't have bread, not for free, not for purchase. They did not have appetizers available on the brunch menu, nor would they let us order off of the full menu. DO NOT GO!!!
- DaisyInTheParkDined on 5/11/2014Cedro's wide, covered porch beside a lawn pleased us when we ate Sunday brunch on Mother's Day. The restaurant set up a reserved table for two ahead of our arrival; I don't know why other restaurants don't also ready the table for a reservation? Cedro's preparation made an excellent start to our dining experience. I ordered the spinach-mozzarella, which the kitchen modified from egg whites only to whole eggs. My partner decided to go Italian with the tagliatelle and ground beef; he likes a lot of tomato sauce on pasta and a serving of vegetables, so he will order a more balanced meal on our next visit. We spent a very nice late morning here and plan to try more menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service OKRLD22VIPDined on 5/9/2014We went to Cedro for the first time the other evening and were pleased with the taste and quality of the food. The calamari was good but a small portion, the pizza had a crisp crust and a nice blend of ingredients, and the Italian sausage pasta dish we ordered was fine. Overall it was good not great. Service was OK. The waiter was friendly. The ambience is rather cold and stark. I guess we will not rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but way too louddeedeeDined on 5/2/2014This area needs good places to eat and Cedro has very good food. Unfortunately it was just to loud to carry on a conversation. There is outdoor seating, but there was a band that was even louder! It needs some soft hangings, seats to help with the noise and I hope they do this.
- GingerDined on 4/25/2014This was our group's first time dining at Cedro. You could tell that the restaurant was fairly new and there are some kinks to still be worked out as far as service goes. Our waiter was nice but he seemed uncertain and uneasy. The timing of the drinks and food was off. Our drinks from the bar came out staggered instead of all together. We did not get water until almost 20 minutes after we sat down. My husband's entree came out a good 10 minutes before any else's at our table. The food was very good and everyone in our group seemed to really enjoy the food. We will return in the future but hope for smoother service next time around.Special Features:
- Nice Italian CafeMAV75Dined on 4/22/2014Nice Italian cafe, a bit "americanized" so don't expect authentic focaccia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.