Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
Lodge Street Biltmore Estate
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://biltmore.com/visit/dining/cedrics-tavern.asp
- Phone: 8282251320x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Mark DeMarco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cedric's Loft features a private banquet room, board room, pre-function space and patio terrace over-looking Antler Hill Village.
- Entertainment: Cedric’s offers entertainment every night of the week starting at 6 p.m. Please visit our website for a calendar of events.
A word from Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
Located on Biltmore Estate, this warm, relaxing tavern overlooks the village green at Antler Hill Village. Please be aware that you must have a valid paid estate admission ticket, be a guest of Inn on Biltmore Estate, or be a Biltmore Annual Passholder to dine on property. The décor, ambience, and menu pay tribute to the neighborhood pubs of Britain and Ireland. Enjoy satisfying pub fare alongside robustly flavored American and global cuisine presented with Biltmore flair. On tap are Biltmore's own Cedric's Pale Ale and Cedric's Brown Ale in addition to award-winning Biltmore wines and a full bar. Outdoor dining is available in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (27)scenic view (26)kid-friendly (22)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)great for brunch (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- great food, even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our expectations were high since the restaurant is at Biltmore and Cedric's exceeded them! 5 of us celebrated my wife's birthday and we all had different menu items. Each was perfectly prepared with wonderful presentation. Our waiter Tony made the experience even better with terrific suggestions from both the menu and the bar. Eric's is a Pub so the noise level was a bit loud but enhanced the Pub atmosphere and experience. We'll definitely eat there again when we return to Biltmore. And of course, like everywhere on the property, each and every person is cheerful, helpful, and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 8/29/2014Average, average, average. Front desk staff was not organized and didn't handle seating well. After switching seats, we were told we'd have a "complimentary round of appetizers". Got charged for them. Didn't press the issue as we just wanted to be done with it. Food served in wrong order. Manager took over and things improved. I'd have to describe the food as average. I wouldn't plan to return.
- Cedric's is greatgoingtothelakeDined on 8/29/2014Food, service, and ambiance is perfect. Music by Billy McCracken was excellent. perfect place to celebrate wife,s 60th with our entire family.Special Features:
- Cedric's at BiltmoreDrakeDined on 8/18/2014Cedric's was a perfect addition to our visit to Biltmore. Our server was pleasant and efficient and the menu included many interesting items. Be sure to try the seafood bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great for lunch or casual dinner. Nice atmosphere and good outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Memorable experience!Mowy3Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the clean facilities, relaxed atmosphere and excellent service and food. Thank you for the memorable and delightful experience. We have been talking about it for days with family and friends. Awesome experience. Music on the lawn was an added joy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special outingSeasonPassHolderDined on 8/15/2014Decided to dine at Cedric's at the last minute and was able to get a reservation evening with all of the events going on at the Estate. There was music playing in Antler Village and the one man show inside. Service was quick, staff friendly, and the food was delicious. I always enjoy the unusual pairings of meats and vegetables as well as the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Food was ok but risotto was undercooked and vegetables were overwhelmed by garlic. Fish and chips were good! Hostess was less than engaging and not interested to hear that we were concerned about making it to concert on time as we were seated well past our reservation time.Special Features:
- Great place!guestVIPDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed dinner very much...trout was delicious! Our server, Travis was very good! Great dining experience!! Love the Biltmore wines, too!!Special Features:
- What happened?MimiDined on 8/9/2014Overall Cedric's is one of our favorite Asheville restaurants, and we will go back, but the service for this last visit was such that it left us embarrassed as we happened to have taken a guest. Service was slow to the point that we didn't get refill offers for our drinks until we had finished the meal, and the bill was presented before we were asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu. This is most unusual for Cedric's and I just hope that the day of our visit was the waiter's first day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor training of wait staff1DissatisfiedchefNadiaDined on 8/7/2014Our waiter never returned to our table to refill our water, seemed annoyed when we were not sure what beer to order right away, and once he gave us the bill, he never returned to collect my card for payment. I had to flag down other employees to tend to my needs. With the price of the food, which was nothing special, especially the hamburger, one would expect better service. I had a much better experience at the Bistro three months ago.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LovecedricsDined on 8/6/2014We have eaten at Cedric's twice and have found the good to be delicious both times! Great atmosphere. Wonderful guitarist playing both times we were there. The service was great. Will definitely return (only live an hour away 😄). Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and noise levelNotcomingbackDined on 8/3/2014We waited 30 minutes for our drinks. People seated after us had their food orders taken before us. Very noisy children...very unpleasant. Will not be back.
- Quick, easy and amazing!ASJoelDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I went to Cedrics' while visiting the Biltmore House. The service set this restaurant apart from most. The server was quite nice and knowledgeable and the host seated us quickly. The food arrived quickly and was delicious. We split the calamari and I had the Cornish pastie. Both items were excellent. I recommend this restaurant for a quick bite while visiting the Biltmore!Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeMamasueDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Cedric's numerous times and have been very satisfied until this time. The room we were seated in was very humid upon arrival. This was mentioned and there was no offer to move us to another table even though there were other tables available. The food was only average. My trout was dry and the shepherds pie very runny. Guess it was a bad nite for the chef. We have had good meals there before but will think twice about going again. Last time we ate at the Bistro it was wonderful. It will be our choice when dining in the future at the estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious.LisaDined on 7/26/2014Had dinner 7/26/14 and the food was to die for! A bit noisy but it is billed at a tavern and the food and service made any amount of noise worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottEsquireDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant must have had a bad day. We waited approximately 45 minutes for our food to arrive. The food was average and overpriced. The manager explained the delay because my wife had ordered her Bison burger "well done" and that took more time. That explanation was not plausible. He should have just apologized for the delay and moved on.
- kabeDined on 7/24/2014Food and service was fantastic. Your staff sat all 10 of us together even though your reservation service would not allow a table for 10. Food was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual mealOut2eatVIPDined on 7/20/2014Have eatern here many times and always enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- JeanoDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant was nice and the service was good, but the food was nothing special. Expensive, average pub food.
- excellent foodmarceatsDined on 7/15/2014Enjoyed the entire experience - food, service, décor. My food allergies were attended to very well. I have never eaten salmon prepared better.Special Features:
- THE BEST CASUAL DINING ON BILTMOREHonestMOMof3Dined on 7/15/2014My three children and I could not have been more welcomed for dinner. Nice live music, and a most gracious staff. My oldest said it was the BEST fish he had ever had! Great family option! A++++++ We WILL be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it was eight weeks ago!BiltmorePassholderDined on 7/10/2014I have taken my parents out to eat here on the Biltmore Estate two other times this year alone. We are not wealthy, so these dinners are special to us. Previously, we received excellent, upbeat, positive service from every employee we met, the food was beyond compare, and the atmosphere was quiet, upscale, calm, & very pleasant. July 10th was completely different. The hosting staff exhibited the usual great service, but the server seemed a bit...well, callous. Perhaps he was expecting us to order alcohol & three dinners at $30-$40 each, & when we did not, he lost interest in us completely. The food was decent, but the portion size was halved & the price had been increased by $3. The atmosphere was chaotic & loud, & live act was terrible.
- Casual PubM1ReviewDined on 7/9/2014Nice Irish Pub, but lacked basic comforts. Foe example, They serve pretzel rolls that are extremely salty and regular butter and tarter sauce were unavailable. So if you like tartar sauce with your fish & chips - forget about it. Despite that, there is something for everyone at a reasonable price point. The service was good and the wait staff very pleasant. Live music was nice as well. So give it a try. My points are minor so if you like Irish Pubs you will enjoy Cedric's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We've been to Cedric's 3 times and this time took my parents. It has been excellent each time & my parents were equally impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodLove2travelDined on 7/4/2014After a day of touring the Btmore Estate it was nice to unwind at Cedric's. The food was top-notch - Miles our server was very helpful with suggestions and the live music was an added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SSormond2Dined on 7/3/2014We had a wonderful lunch. The cheese and pretzel chips were wonderful. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great FoodOnTheGoDined on 7/1/2014Definitely need a reservation, but worth the wait! Food was outstanding and the waitstaff definitely has the Biltmore feel (extremely friendly and cheerful). Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014We went on a Friday night and sat outside enjoying the live music played on the Green.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricySuebeeDined on 6/22/2014Food, service and atmosphere all good but the prices were a bit steep for what you got. Realize it's part of "The Biltmore", but the "pub" atmosphere isn't really there. Doesn't need to be so fancy/pricy. People will still visit. Should consider more finger/pub style dishes. Leave the presentation to the Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDominoDined on 6/21/2014Always enjoy eating there. Good to very good food and excellent service. Some improvement in entertainment needed.Special Features:
- DinnerConcordNCDined on 6/15/2014We have been there several times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedric's Tavern LunchGood4EatingDined on 6/15/2014the food and service is reliably good as is the case in all of the restaurants on the Biltmore Estate. One of the best pub stlyle restaurants in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ViewflipyasDined on 6/13/2014On the Biltmore Estate, you can't beat the view and the food and service were up there as well. We had the shepherd's pie and trout, both tasty. Tried the ice cream sandwich for dessert - a tasty, unusual combination of flavor. Service was excellent and timely. A great evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal!NoteworthymomDined on 6/11/2014I have food allergies, so I called ahead to let the staff know that I was coming. Upon my arrival, the person seating us recognized my name and informed us that our server and the chef would be with us momentarily. The chef came to our table with my list in hand and was prepared to custom make my meal. We decided on a variation of the "Summer Farro Risotto" - it was probably one of the best meals I have had at a restaurant! My husband enjoyed the "Bison Burger." The restaurant was quiet and the view was beautiful, we probably would have eaten outside if there wasn't a threat of rain. Thank you for making my meal so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese curdsPattyDined on 6/10/2014Never had these before and Cedric's were delicious ( my husband says," to die for"!). Pork tenderloin was too spicy and we were not warned about this. Otherwise the food was better at the other restaurant in the area, Bistro.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Cedric's Tavern has great ambiance. We had excellent service and the food was wonderful. The menu includes something for everyone. Live entertainment was an added plus. It enhanced the dining experience but did not overwhelm it.Special Features:
- PerfecthungryrunnerDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I ate here for our anniversary and are glad we did. The food was excellent, service was second to none, and there was live music providing a perfect ambiance.Special Features:
- Greasy fish and overcooked friesGeorgiaFlowersDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to include the Biltmore experience while in the area. We were so looking forward to dining at Cedric's and enjoying the English Pub atmosphere and cuisine. The atmosphere was nice, the waiter was friendly and very helpful, but then we received our entrée, which was supposed to be one of their customers favorites, Fish and Chips. The plate looked nice but tasted completely different. The fish was very greasy and the fries so hard my husband could not eat his. This was truly a disappointment! I ended up removing the crust from my fish and was able to eat most of it, but my husband took his home to our dog.
- Not what I expectedDaisytoesDined on 5/30/2014I love spending time on the estate and was looking forward to a night of dinner and music with friends. Cedricks is a beautiful restaurant. I ordered the fish and chips. It was tasteless. Even the roumalade had no flavor. Out of our party of 6 the only person who loved their food ordered the bison burger. Everyone else said their food was ok but not worth the price. At least the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.