Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
Lodge Street Biltmore Estate
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://biltmore.com/visit/dining/cedrics-tavern.asp
- Phone: 8282251320x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Mark DeMarco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cedric's Loft features a private banquet room, board room, pre-function space and patio terrace over-looking Antler Hill Village.
- Entertainment: Cedric’s offers entertainment every night of the week starting at 6 p.m. Please visit our website for a calendar of events.
A word from Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
Located on Biltmore Estate, this warm, relaxing tavern overlooks the village green at Antler Hill Village. Please be aware that you must have a valid paid estate admission ticket, be a guest of Inn on Biltmore Estate, or be a Biltmore Annual Passholder to dine on property. The décor, ambience, and menu pay tribute to the neighborhood pubs of Britain and Ireland. Enjoy satisfying pub fare alongside robustly flavored American and global cuisine presented with Biltmore flair. On tap are Biltmore's own Cedric's Pale Ale and Cedric's Brown Ale in addition to award-winning Biltmore wines and a full bar. Outdoor dining is available in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (36)scenic view (28)special occasion (26)kid-friendly (21)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- Not worth the timeJackVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were told to go to Cedric's for the best hamburger around. Wrong! All they offer is bison burger which was OK but not good. Fries were cold. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- bah humbugPEllDined on 10/11/2014I have eaten at Cedric's at least 5 other times, but during the day after a pleasant walk on the Estate. This time I brought two friends with me for Sat.at 7pm. It was a very disappointing experience in all ways. The noise level was at least at 90 dB and we could not hear one another without yelling. I heard 2 babies crying in the background off and on -I am sure they were crying because at that level of noise there is heightened stress level physiologically. The singer was miked and that added to the general noise and mayhem. Really, I come from a long background of listening to rock music, so please do not think me an old fogey. But for a dining experience this was one of the worst. Additionally my food was lacking.
- Great food, great placeFoodiegirl34Dined on 10/11/2014We were seated after a short wait and had excellent service throughout the meal. The food was delivered in a timely manner and we had a very pleasant experience. I would definitely go back to Cedric's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HardessDined on 10/11/2014Very busy Saturday night during tourist season. Cedric's has consistently top-notch food and service. The management and wait staff display a positive attitude even under stress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the beef and totsOldLovebirdsDined on 10/11/2014We have eaten here quite often, but this trip was ruined by one of the meals. The sirloin was uneatable, extremely tough and chewy. The trout and cheese flight however were very good. They did replace the lesser grade of beef with a ribeye, however if was just passable. Hopefully this was just a bad day for the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You Pastry ChefbigredpirateDined on 10/11/2014Loved the dessert you came up with. Prob. the best I've had. Keep it Up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We have a Biltmore estate pass and live locally. The restaurant certainly holds itself up to the chef/local grown/GF Asheville foodie standards. It was a great date night, the people watching is also fun from the patio dining.Special Features:
- Totally Enjoyable EveningCedrics2014Dined on 10/6/2014First night we arrived at The Biltmore we dined at "Cedric's Tavern" and had a wonderful time, the waiter was pleasant and informative. The beer cheese and chips was very good and the chicken and dumplings was good (dumplings could have been a little lighter but good nonetheless). Live music was nice and not too loud, lighting was low but not dark. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- Always GoodLoriDined on 10/5/2014Cedric's is steady. Food is always good, service very good, and they are so accommodating. Nice to be able to eat outdoors now even when the weather is cool. One of my "go to places".Special Features:
- dinnerspinnyDined on 10/4/2014We had the pork fries and they were delicious. The chicken and dumplings were too salty. The caesar salad was not crisp. The beer, wine, and manhattan were very good. The chicken tortillla soup was good and hot. The risotto was good but presentation was blah.Special Features:
- A Dog-Gone Good Timegood2goDined on 10/3/2014Located on lovely Biltmore Estate, Cedric's has a pleasant Olde World pub ambience, reasonably good food, and excellent service. We had a small group, and the round table in the corner suited our purposes well - a much better situation than some square tables pushed together. Our waiter was very good, and no fewer than three different people came by to ask if all was to our satisfaction. Recommended.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant makes its money by being on the Viltmore grounds. The staff was friendly. The food was not particularly notable.Special Features:
- great fis and chipschellefixDined on 9/27/2014It was my husband's birthday. We really enjoyed the fish and chips. The staff was friendly and they included a birthday dessert complimentary which was a nice surprise . It was a wonderful ending to a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmummDined on 9/19/2014Food was so so. Meal served at room temp. Dessert was suppose to be warm... NOT and they didn't bring silverware for dessert until we asked for it. They did comp dessert.
- TWC2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Very relaxed atmosphere. Not stuffy as one might expect on the estate. Fish and chips were wonderful. butternut squash soup outstanding. Enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant interludeSmithtownMikeDined on 9/17/2014This was a very pleasant place to stop for lunch while touring the Biltmore Estate. We had a nice meal of shepherd's pie and salad in a lovely outdoor setting. There are other places to eat on the estate, some more elaborate and some less formal. But this was just right. We found it convenient to tour the gardens first, stop for lunch, and then tour the house itself. We may have avoided some of the crowds this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightMarMarDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed a table on the patio - inside restaurant very noisy, but pleasant on patio. Rain caused Friday evening music to stop early, but we enjoyed a great meal on the dry patio. Nice evening. Although Cedric's will not reserve patio tables, by checking in earlier than our reservation time, we were able to be seated on the patio at our desired time!Special Features:
- Great experiencePeteKDined on 9/12/2014Had dinner with some friends after enjoying the music on the green on a Friday night. The food was very good, but what really made the experience was our server Tony. He was funny, engaging and a real asset to this restaurant! We would recommend it (and ask for Tony)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tavern in townluvgoodfoodDined on 9/12/2014the food was great, the service outstanding, our highest recommendations.Special Features:
- CedricsKDineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Really disappointed with beef (Steak) selection. Cut of meat very fatty and not recommended. Sad since they claim to raise their on beef on the estate. Not a place for steak
- bunnyDined on 9/6/2014Chef made me a vegan dish that was not on the menu and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedric's Tavern more than a tavernDrJHADined on 9/4/2014We had a great experience at Cedric's Tavern. The fondue appetizer was fantastic! The steak was ok but had too many peppercorns. The waiter was great, even went back to the kitchen to make the blue cheese stuffed olives. This is a reasonably priced Biltmore restaurant and worth a try.Special Features:
- great food, even better servicejohncam81Dined on 8/31/2014Our expectations were high since the restaurant is at Biltmore and Cedric's exceeded them! 5 of us celebrated my wife's birthday and we all had different menu items. Each was perfectly prepared with wonderful presentation. Our waiter Tony made the experience even better with terrific suggestions from both the menu and the bar. Eric's is a Pub so the noise level was a bit loud but enhanced the Pub atmosphere and experience. We'll definitely eat there again when we return to Biltmore. And of course, like everywhere on the property, each and every person is cheerful, helpful, and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biltmore area restaurantmiriamfutbolDined on 8/30/2014Hostess kept trying to steer me to a noisy area table even though my reservation clearly asked for a quiet area. Was finally given a nice table at a nice, quiet room.Excellent Salmon dinner!Special Features:
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 8/29/2014Average, average, average. Front desk staff was not organized and didn't handle seating well. After switching seats, we were told we'd have a "complimentary round of appetizers". Got charged for them. Didn't press the issue as we just wanted to be done with it. Food served in wrong order. Manager took over and things improved. I'd have to describe the food as average. I wouldn't plan to return.
- Cedric's is greatgoingtothelakeDined on 8/29/2014Food, service, and ambiance is perfect. Music by Billy McCracken was excellent. perfect place to celebrate wife,s 60th with our entire family.Special Features:
- Cedric's at BiltmoreDrakeDined on 8/18/2014Cedric's was a perfect addition to our visit to Biltmore. Our server was pleasant and efficient and the menu included many interesting items. Be sure to try the seafood bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great for lunch or casual dinner. Nice atmosphere and good outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Memorable experience!Mowy3Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the clean facilities, relaxed atmosphere and excellent service and food. Thank you for the memorable and delightful experience. We have been talking about it for days with family and friends. Awesome experience. Music on the lawn was an added joy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special outingSeasonPassHolderDined on 8/15/2014Decided to dine at Cedric's at the last minute and was able to get a reservation evening with all of the events going on at the Estate. There was music playing in Antler Village and the one man show inside. Service was quick, staff friendly, and the food was delicious. I always enjoy the unusual pairings of meats and vegetables as well as the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Food was ok but risotto was undercooked and vegetables were overwhelmed by garlic. Fish and chips were good! Hostess was less than engaging and not interested to hear that we were concerned about making it to concert on time as we were seated well past our reservation time.Special Features:
- Great place!guestVIPDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed dinner very much...trout was delicious! Our server, Travis was very good! Great dining experience!! Love the Biltmore wines, too!!Special Features:
- What happened?MimiDined on 8/9/2014Overall Cedric's is one of our favorite Asheville restaurants, and we will go back, but the service for this last visit was such that it left us embarrassed as we happened to have taken a guest. Service was slow to the point that we didn't get refill offers for our drinks until we had finished the meal, and the bill was presented before we were asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu. This is most unusual for Cedric's and I just hope that the day of our visit was the waiter's first day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor training of wait staff1DissatisfiedchefNadiaDined on 8/7/2014Our waiter never returned to our table to refill our water, seemed annoyed when we were not sure what beer to order right away, and once he gave us the bill, he never returned to collect my card for payment. I had to flag down other employees to tend to my needs. With the price of the food, which was nothing special, especially the hamburger, one would expect better service. I had a much better experience at the Bistro three months ago.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LovecedricsDined on 8/6/2014We have eaten at Cedric's twice and have found the good to be delicious both times! Great atmosphere. Wonderful guitarist playing both times we were there. The service was great. Will definitely return (only live an hour away 😄). Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and noise levelNotcomingbackDined on 8/3/2014We waited 30 minutes for our drinks. People seated after us had their food orders taken before us. Very noisy children...very unpleasant. Will not be back.
- Quick, easy and amazing!ASJoelDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I went to Cedrics' while visiting the Biltmore House. The service set this restaurant apart from most. The server was quite nice and knowledgeable and the host seated us quickly. The food arrived quickly and was delicious. We split the calamari and I had the Cornish pastie. Both items were excellent. I recommend this restaurant for a quick bite while visiting the Biltmore!Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeMamasueDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Cedric's numerous times and have been very satisfied until this time. The room we were seated in was very humid upon arrival. This was mentioned and there was no offer to move us to another table even though there were other tables available. The food was only average. My trout was dry and the shepherds pie very runny. Guess it was a bad nite for the chef. We have had good meals there before but will think twice about going again. Last time we ate at the Bistro it was wonderful. It will be our choice when dining in the future at the estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious.LisaDined on 7/26/2014Had dinner 7/26/14 and the food was to die for! A bit noisy but it is billed at a tavern and the food and service made any amount of noise worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottEsquireDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant must have had a bad day. We waited approximately 45 minutes for our food to arrive. The food was average and overpriced. The manager explained the delay because my wife had ordered her Bison burger "well done" and that took more time. That explanation was not plausible. He should have just apologized for the delay and moved on.