Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
Lodge Street Biltmore Estate
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://biltmore.com/visit/dining/cedrics-tavern.asp
- Phone: (828) 225-1320
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Executive Chef: Mark DeMarco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cedric's Loft features a private banquet room, board room, pre-function space and patio terrace over-looking Antler Hill Village.
- Entertainment: Cedric’s offers entertainment every night of the week starting at 6 p.m. Please visit our website for a calendar of events.
A word from Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate
Located on Biltmore Estate, this warm, relaxing tavern overlooks the village green at Antler Hill Village. Please be aware that you must have a valid paid estate admission ticket, be a guest of Inn on Biltmore Estate, or be a Biltmore Annual Passholder to dine on property. The décor, ambience, and menu pay tribute to the neighborhood pubs of Britain and Ireland. Enjoy satisfying pub fare alongside robustly flavored American and global cuisine presented with Biltmore flair. On tap are Biltmore's own Cedric's Pale Ale and Cedric's Brown Ale in addition to award-winning Biltmore wines and a full bar. Outdoor dining is available in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Cedric's Tavern - Biltmore Estate reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (33)scenic view (32)kid-friendly (23)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Birthday dinner at Cedric's TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Cedric's Tavern. We ate in the enclosed porch that was heated and very quiet. There was a view of Antler Hill Village and the beautiful lights. Foot traffic was light which made fo an most enjoyable evening. The food was superb (salmon) and the service was good. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Great atmosphere but pricey so be prepared!! I had a cheeseburger and it was $16--I think it's the Biltmore so all the food is a bit higher. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening visit to Cedric'sMelcDined on 11/10/2014I go to Cedric's with friends fairly often for lunch, dinner, music, etc. This visit was to have drinks and listen to the music since I am a fan of Steve Weams. We enjoyed the evening and will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!IrelandcallingDined on 11/1/2014We love Cedric's! It's the best restaurant for an Irish feel this side of the Atlantic! The Shepherd's pie and Fish and Chips are outstanding! The service is exceptional and the ambiance is comfortable and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Took my boyfriend this weekend for a birthday dinner - he'd never been to the estate before. We had the buffalo calamarie which was excellent. We also tried the kitchen eggs which was a fun sampling of different egg preparations. Fish and chips and bison burger for entrees. (The bison was particularly excellent - get it medium rare). As a treat from the house, the server brought mint chocolate chip ice cream Bon Bons with "Happy Birthday" scripted in chocolate sauce on the plate. Made for a great photo op to share with family and friends. I had the butterscotch mousse which was excellent. My boyfriend had the spiced cherry creme brûlée which was good but just not our taste - the creme brûlée is spiced, not cherry flavor. Overall, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicegolfer1763Dined on 10/31/2014Very nice place. Great service. Hard to beat anything on the Biltmore Estate! The shepherds pie was excellent. Live music on Friday night was not too overwhelming. Greg atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Lounge SingerJTCotterDined on 10/28/2014We really enjoyed our experience, overall. However, this was our second evening visit and on both occasions we found that the lounge singer to be annoyingly loud. In our opinion, the ambiance would greatly improve if the music were more subtle.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphereGgeCedricsDined on 10/27/2014Speciality restaurant at Biltmore EstTe. Everything great, but found it a bit too cool inside, especially where we were sitting. EYERYONE very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most enjoyabletastynibblesDined on 10/25/2014We continue to come to Cedric's because of the wonderful food, atmosphere and service. Our guests were from out of town and very well traveled. They were also most impressed by the service.Special Features:
- ChopsBunkyhm3Dined on 10/25/2014Pork chops were fantastic as well as chicken and dumplings. Great atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerGalixina2000Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed our meal on the patio. Server forgot our appetizer but gave us a dessert to make up for it. One of our favorite restaurants. The chicken and dumplings was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!MurphyDined on 10/24/2014Nothing impresses visitors from out-of-town like an evening on Biltmore Estate! How great it is to have a delightful restaurant like Cedric's Tavern in such a magnificent location for entertaining friends from out of town Both the food and service were excellent, and we loved the entertainment (live music)and the shops. We Ashevilians are just lucky to have so much beauty, entertainment, and food!Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencetwoolecrowsDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience at Cedric's. Since we had a reservation we were promptly seated. Our waiter Myles was very attentive and did a good job describing the specials. My steak was wonderful..it was served with mushrooms and golden rice. It was scrumptuous. It was a quiet, romantic evening for two. We then toured the winery and shopped in the shops. Just a beautiful fall, crisp, evening in a wonderful atomsphere.Special Features:
- Letdown from 2 years agoeyelikeitallDined on 10/13/2014Menu had changed, but so had the quality of the food prep that I received. Did not finish. Potatoes under the fish were terrible. Fish barely had a dusting of what was supposed to be a pecan crust. Worst meal I had at the estate during this visit and I had really enjoyed the restaurant in 2012. I will assume new chefs.Special Features:
- Not worth the timeJackVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were told to go to Cedric's for the best hamburger around. Wrong! All they offer is bison burger which was OK but not good. Fries were cold. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- bah humbugPEllDined on 10/11/2014I have eaten at Cedric's at least 5 other times, but during the day after a pleasant walk on the Estate. This time I brought two friends with me for Sat.at 7pm. It was a very disappointing experience in all ways. The noise level was at least at 90 dB and we could not hear one another without yelling. I heard 2 babies crying in the background off and on -I am sure they were crying because at that level of noise there is heightened stress level physiologically. The singer was miked and that added to the general noise and mayhem. Really, I come from a long background of listening to rock music, so please do not think me an old fogey. But for a dining experience this was one of the worst. Additionally my food was lacking.
- Great food, great placeFoodiegirl34Dined on 10/11/2014We were seated after a short wait and had excellent service throughout the meal. The food was delivered in a timely manner and we had a very pleasant experience. I would definitely go back to Cedric's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HardessDined on 10/11/2014Very busy Saturday night during tourist season. Cedric's has consistently top-notch food and service. The management and wait staff display a positive attitude even under stress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the beef and totsOldLovebirdsDined on 10/11/2014We have eaten here quite often, but this trip was ruined by one of the meals. The sirloin was uneatable, extremely tough and chewy. The trout and cheese flight however were very good. They did replace the lesser grade of beef with a ribeye, however if was just passable. Hopefully this was just a bad day for the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You Pastry ChefbigredpirateDined on 10/11/2014Loved the dessert you came up with. Prob. the best I've had. Keep it Up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We have a Biltmore estate pass and live locally. The restaurant certainly holds itself up to the chef/local grown/GF Asheville foodie standards. It was a great date night, the people watching is also fun from the patio dining.Special Features:
- Totally Enjoyable EveningCedrics2014Dined on 10/6/2014First night we arrived at The Biltmore we dined at "Cedric's Tavern" and had a wonderful time, the waiter was pleasant and informative. The beer cheese and chips was very good and the chicken and dumplings was good (dumplings could have been a little lighter but good nonetheless). Live music was nice and not too loud, lighting was low but not dark. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- Always GoodLoriDined on 10/5/2014Cedric's is steady. Food is always good, service very good, and they are so accommodating. Nice to be able to eat outdoors now even when the weather is cool. One of my "go to places".Special Features:
- dinnerspinnyDined on 10/4/2014We had the pork fries and they were delicious. The chicken and dumplings were too salty. The caesar salad was not crisp. The beer, wine, and manhattan were very good. The chicken tortillla soup was good and hot. The risotto was good but presentation was blah.Special Features:
- A Dog-Gone Good Timegood2goDined on 10/3/2014Located on lovely Biltmore Estate, Cedric's has a pleasant Olde World pub ambience, reasonably good food, and excellent service. We had a small group, and the round table in the corner suited our purposes well - a much better situation than some square tables pushed together. Our waiter was very good, and no fewer than three different people came by to ask if all was to our satisfaction. Recommended.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant makes its money by being on the Viltmore grounds. The staff was friendly. The food was not particularly notable.Special Features:
- great fis and chipschellefixDined on 9/27/2014It was my husband's birthday. We really enjoyed the fish and chips. The staff was friendly and they included a birthday dessert complimentary which was a nice surprise . It was a wonderful ending to a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmummDined on 9/19/2014Food was so so. Meal served at room temp. Dessert was suppose to be warm... NOT and they didn't bring silverware for dessert until we asked for it. They did comp dessert.
- TWC2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Very relaxed atmosphere. Not stuffy as one might expect on the estate. Fish and chips were wonderful. butternut squash soup outstanding. Enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant interludeSmithtownMikeDined on 9/17/2014This was a very pleasant place to stop for lunch while touring the Biltmore Estate. We had a nice meal of shepherd's pie and salad in a lovely outdoor setting. There are other places to eat on the estate, some more elaborate and some less formal. But this was just right. We found it convenient to tour the gardens first, stop for lunch, and then tour the house itself. We may have avoided some of the crowds this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightMarMarDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed a table on the patio - inside restaurant very noisy, but pleasant on patio. Rain caused Friday evening music to stop early, but we enjoyed a great meal on the dry patio. Nice evening. Although Cedric's will not reserve patio tables, by checking in earlier than our reservation time, we were able to be seated on the patio at our desired time!Special Features:
- Great experiencePeteKDined on 9/12/2014Had dinner with some friends after enjoying the music on the green on a Friday night. The food was very good, but what really made the experience was our server Tony. He was funny, engaging and a real asset to this restaurant! We would recommend it (and ask for Tony)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tavern in townluvgoodfoodDined on 9/12/2014the food was great, the service outstanding, our highest recommendations.Special Features:
- CedricsKDineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Really disappointed with beef (Steak) selection. Cut of meat very fatty and not recommended. Sad since they claim to raise their on beef on the estate. Not a place for steak
- bunnyDined on 9/6/2014Chef made me a vegan dish that was not on the menu and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedric's Tavern more than a tavernDrJHADined on 9/4/2014We had a great experience at Cedric's Tavern. The fondue appetizer was fantastic! The steak was ok but had too many peppercorns. The waiter was great, even went back to the kitchen to make the blue cheese stuffed olives. This is a reasonably priced Biltmore restaurant and worth a try.Special Features:
- great food, even better servicejohncam81Dined on 8/31/2014Our expectations were high since the restaurant is at Biltmore and Cedric's exceeded them! 5 of us celebrated my wife's birthday and we all had different menu items. Each was perfectly prepared with wonderful presentation. Our waiter Tony made the experience even better with terrific suggestions from both the menu and the bar. Eric's is a Pub so the noise level was a bit loud but enhanced the Pub atmosphere and experience. We'll definitely eat there again when we return to Biltmore. And of course, like everywhere on the property, each and every person is cheerful, helpful, and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biltmore area restaurantmiriamfutbolDined on 8/30/2014Hostess kept trying to steer me to a noisy area table even though my reservation clearly asked for a quiet area. Was finally given a nice table at a nice, quiet room.Excellent Salmon dinner!Special Features:
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 8/29/2014Average, average, average. Front desk staff was not organized and didn't handle seating well. After switching seats, we were told we'd have a "complimentary round of appetizers". Got charged for them. Didn't press the issue as we just wanted to be done with it. Food served in wrong order. Manager took over and things improved. I'd have to describe the food as average. I wouldn't plan to return.
- Cedric's is greatgoingtothelakeDined on 8/29/2014Food, service, and ambiance is perfect. Music by Billy McCracken was excellent. perfect place to celebrate wife,s 60th with our entire family.Special Features: