185 St Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10026Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cedricbistro.com/
- Phone: (212) 866-7766
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Kebe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Self-made guitarist Keith Robinson entertains Thursday nights from 7:30 to 11pm, and DJ Elle plays every Saturday during our bottomless brunch parties from 1pm to 5pm.
A word from Cedric
CEDRIC is a French neighborhood Bistro located on the corner of 119th street and Saint Nicholas Avenue. Mentioned in the Michelin Guide for its quality of food, CEDRIC has provided its customers with a variety of Mediterranean French cuisine, from tuna tartar to different styles of mussels to a roasted duck with gratin dauphinois and a cherry sauce, but also with different choices of burgers. The layout and decor of the restaurant will make you feel just like you are in Paris.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cedric reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- MarvelousNFlo1370Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food and very good service. One of my favorite restaurants in Harlem.Special Features:
- Brunch was underwhelmingElizabethDined on 10/12/2014Ordered the ratatouille omelette. It had too much egg and wasn't very good. The coffee was just ok.
- Glad They Are in the NeighborhoodLivCloseByVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is a very friendly place with a terrific location. The food is good and the service, although very slow, is also good.Special Features:
- Simple and DeliciousHarlemdinerDined on 9/17/2014Our dinner was wonderful and the ambience was great. It was a little noisy (for a Wednesday night!) but not terrible. The food was really delicious.Special Features:
- Cedric is very goodbeccoVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had the curry chicken with rice and it was delicious! My friend had the roast chicken and she thought it was very good, too. The tomato mozella appetizer was underwhelming--tasteless tomatoes, not tasty cheese--but I'd go back.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I went to Cedric for the second time on 8/23/14. The waiter spill my drink all over me and they only gave me a free soda to compensate for it. The food was just okay. Some items like the (farm raised) salmon and the crab salad were good. The staff is nice, but they're not efficient or attentive. I went with a friend on a Saturday night and half of the restaurant was empty. Each time we needed something we had to wait a considerable amount of time before we could get a waiter over. The atmosphere is really nice. Overall, I'm disappointed with the service. Not a place I plan on frequenting.
- Excellent BrunchZezeVIPDined on 8/10/2014The brunch is the best I ever had. I must say that the unlimited mimosas are a great offer but the French toast is amazing. We went for the second time (my husband, me and my 6 years old) and we are never disappointed with the food. Whatever we order, its really good. Staff is friendly but will need to pain more attention when we need something. They look but do not see us.Special Features:
- jerseygirlxharlemitteDined on 7/31/2014I found the dinner (mussels ) and drinks exceptional. when i asked for a stronger drink the waiter said the drinks were "measured " I would have been happy paying xtra for that shot. My dinner partner and i chose the pre-fix. when it was time to order dessert he said it wasn't included. if that was noted we didn't see it , he should have explaned that prior to our ordering. I did not like the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Cedric reviews archive.
- Best Brunch Spot!LeCITYExplorerDined on 7/27/2014Bottomless drinks, wonderful food and staff. What else can you ask for on a chill Sunday afternoon?Special Features:
- Come Here OftenChristopherDined on 7/20/2014Since I was invited to Cedric Bistro a month ago, I have been back for a THIRD time. I absolutely LOVE the Weekend Brunch! Everything is perfect, from the food, to the drinks to the employees. I'll definitely be back multiple times. It's so worth every penny.Special Features:
- it was something in my foodJessforBaconDined on 7/13/2014I love going for the unlimited drinks, but twice I've had something in my food. The last time there was paper in my burger. The cook accidentally left the paper that separates the burger patties or cheese slices before its cooked . I didn't notice until my second bite. The service is nice, but they need a new people in the kitchen. It's a nice place, just inspect your food.Special Features:
- Awesome Harlem Restaurant!HarlemEatsDined on 6/14/2014This is an amazing find in Harlem. The food is amazing and the staff is so kind. The owner is named Cedric and he is so friendly to everyone in the restaurants. I had the Thai Mussels and they are some of the best mussels I've ever had. I would definitely recommend to anyone that is looking for a great meal in Harlem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch around 2pmFoodie21Dined on 6/8/2014It was not super busy and we were a group of 8. The staff was friendly, but not efficient. Two different waitresses were taking our order, but there appeared to be no communication between them. My order (Streak Sandwich) was suppose to be no onions, it came with onions. I sent it back. When my sandwich came back I was told they even replaced the bread, but when I opened it there were still onions in the mayo. I scrapped them off. Luckily I'm not allergic I just don't like them, but for $16 for a sandwich I'd still expect it made the way I wanted. One of my colleges meal was never ordered. He was told it had been but it didn't arrive. Dessert was not good! It was the first time in life I sent dessert back. Only edible one was creme brûlée
- Great pancakes ruined by fake syrupcklineDined on 5/18/2014This was our first visit to the Cedric, and it was mixed. The space is airy and cute, then you look a little more closely and the bar area is a mess. Likewise, I got a friendly smile from a waiter when I came in, but then the bartender (we sat at the bar) was inattentive and seemed like she had somewhere else to be. Then the food arrrived. A delicious steak sandwich for the bf and blueberry pancakes for me. The waffles looked terrific -- plump and fluffy, resembling french toast and very tasty...but served with terrible, cheap imitation "breakfast syrup" that overpowered everything. A small detail, but so important. And that kind of sums up our experience -- great potential, ok execution, none of the details that would have made it great.
- Fun for my brithdaykokoDined on 5/17/2014Great food, yummy dessert and wonderful sangria! I would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsRingoEdgarDined on 5/13/2014Cedric is a quiet, intimate gem in the rough of the Frederick Douglas Corridor dining scene in Central Harlem. Excellent brunch, salads and a fish-and-chips for lunch that a UK friend lauded as being as good as any he's had at home. Cedric has a "jazzy", left-bank feel to it that begs for a resident jazz trio to accompany the wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- The Service was TerribleCherDined on 5/11/2014The service was terrible. It was so bad that they reported that I never showed for my reservation. I would never go here again on a holiday. I went on Mother's Day and the service was horrible. I love the food and it was great but I would only go back on a regular day never ever on a special daySpecial Features:
- Great food! service not so goodZezeVIPDined on 5/11/2014I went for brunch with my daughter and husband. I was very surprised how good the food and drinks were for the price. I had the salmon sandwich and my husband the pancakes. Service def. needs to improve. People serving did not seem to happy to be working.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2014The service was really terrible on a Saturday night. Our main courses were brought out before the appetizer dishes were removed; we had to stack the appetizer dishes ourselves. This normally wouldn't bother us (although it is worth noting), but we brought guests to Cedric who were rather horrified. I've eaten here on a weekday night with better luck.
- FlorenceDined on 4/27/2014OpenTable should really revise the noise level category, you have to switch from "energetic" to loud! Because that's what it is, Cedric is a nice place, very bright, nice place for brunch but, as well as too many restaurants in the city, it's way too loud! Music blaring, people wanting to talk over the music, it really doesn't make for a nice experience. And if you have a table of 10 screeching women next to you, you realize you should have stayed in bed! I feel sorry for the staff, they must be deaf when they get home! Supposedly, the noise level is better at dinner time so I'll have to check it out. BTW, the food was ok but it would be nice to try it again in a mellower environment.Special Features:
- Great food and vibeJDubDined on 4/5/2014Cedric's is a fabulous French bistro in Harlem. Part of the new Harlem renaissance. The vibe is fabulous and if you are friendly with the staff, they will be to you as well. The service is not experienced, and there were glitches like telling me they didn't have the wine I ordered so would I mind substituting and then bringing the exact bottle I ordered without seeming to know which one it was. Duck breast with a cherry sauce beautifully cooked, delicious with a gratin of potatoes just as in France. Endive with Roquefort salad skimped on the Roquefort, but otherwise the food was great. The all glass walls make for an airy open feeling, and the crowd was fun, and friendly. Highly recommend, but they need to up the service game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails, food not so muchDunkindavidDined on 2/13/2014We started with the Tomato/Mozzarella app. Three thin slices of mozzarella and three slices of tomato for $12. Mozzarella did not taste particularly fresh. I felt ripped off. My main was the hangar steak with a red wine/shallot sauce. The hangar/onglet is one of the tastiest cuts and it was simply absent due to the overpowering sauce. They have a prix fix menu, & my tiny steak & tiny dollop of mashed potatoes were portioned for that menu's food cost, not the full price I paid. Again, ripped off. When the check came I was shocked that the 7 well drinks we ordered were charged the same price as the specialty cocktail! The waitress refused to change it, despite our requests for well drinks after she asked what type of vodka we wanted.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!VivafoodieDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I had dinner recently at Cedric, and we absolutely loved the food! The tuna tartare was a wonderful starter and we followed it up with the duck entree and the sirloin. We loved it! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/22/2014I frequent Cedric's and I have never been disappointed with the food or the service. Management and owners always treat me like a welcome friend every time I show up. I love that it is only two blocks from my apartment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood spotJamSDined on 1/18/2014The food was delicious even though the servers weren't super friendly. The bar space is nice for a quick drink or hang out with just a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Brunch SpotDaveDined on 1/18/2014I'm new to Harlem and this was a lucky find, an adorable corner restaurant. I went with a few friends for brunch (unlimited!) and the food was delirious. I had some chicken curry dish that was very delightful with many, many mimosas. All an all will be back!Special Features:
- We loved CedricThiaraDined on 1/10/2014Cedric was really wonderful; it was perfectly lit, the food delicious, and the service attentive.. overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Good place for dinner with friendsFoodLoverVIPDined on 12/11/2013Overall the food was pretty good. Loved the escargot appetizer with fresh yummy buttery parsley. Tuna tartare could have used a but more salt/seasoning and some toast points to balance out the texture. I ordered the duck and enjoyed it - ordered medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. Enjoyed the potato gratin as well. Tried my friends coq au vin and it was ok, but she seemed to enjoy it.
- A few mixups but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/8/2013A few service mixups (brought us check before our dinner arrived), overcooked my tuna, and brought us two instead of one dessers (and took the second one back). That said, cute neighbourhood spot and would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unapologetically French in SoHaEllemayVIPDined on 12/7/2013Cedric is a very attractive long, narrow room; a few less tables in the middle would make it it easier to navigate from one end to the other. We arrived on the early side and it was quiet but fairly full by the time we left. We had the tuna tartar which is done very nicely here. The balsamic reduction was delicious. We order the snapper and duck as mains and were pleased with both. Desserts are typically French full of cream and butter so we chose to go with sorbet--three tiny scoops. The staff is pleasant and concerned that your dining experience be a good one. It was. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizing FridayHope157Dined on 11/29/2013There was quite a variety of great tasting appetizers which we wound up sampling, all of them were wonderful - the soup of the day was a ginger carrot that oozed with the heartiness of ginger and the gentle side of carrot; the tuna tartare with avocado was elegantly presented and flavorful; the escargot were perfectly poached….the mussels available in multiple sauces and spices were tasty and enjoyable - we picked the tomato garlic and found it to be perfect. You can tell the staff at this restaurant are very involved with ensuring their customers are happy, everyone made sure we had a good time! It was a great Friday after ThanksgivingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodCarolamyDined on 11/26/2013I try to get to Cedric at least once monthly if not more. My favorite dishes are the tuna sushi/avocado appetizer, and the mussels and duck entrees. Fries are great. The noise level can get rather high depending on the bar patrons. Service is very professional, although sometimes splitting bill can be problematic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedric is the bestMichaelDined on 11/10/2013Anyone can do brunch. The devil is in the details, and Cedric gets everything just right. From every ingredient used in both the food and the cocktails, to the charming, friendly wait staff and warm owners greeting everybody. It's the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and if you're not lucky enough to already live in Harlem it's surprisingly easy to get to on the A train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!padareejVIPDined on 11/4/2013I love this place! The food is great, the ambiance is wonderful, the service is outstanding. An all around gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to stayMexicanfoodloverVIPDined on 11/3/2013We were not able to stay because the noise level was simply not bearable - and I'm not totally positive about this, but I believe one of the loudest tables was the french speaking owner (?) sitting at the table next to us. Too bad because I like the food. The waiter was extremely gracious and apologetic. The good news is we had the 3 pigs pizza at Bad Horse - my new favorite pizza!
- Cedric is a nice neighborhoodarnycVIPDined on 11/3/2013Cedric is a nice neighborhood gem, with consistent good food and service.
- NiceTownsendjrDined on 10/25/2013It was really a great experience. I loved the waitstaff, and the wine selection. My cheeseburger wasn't very hot. Everything else was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local restaurantStoneMill294Dined on 10/21/2013We have been going to Cedric since it opened a few years ago. We always find a welcoming, attentive and friendly staff and always have a delicious meal. The mussels are a favorite .... and the fries are the best in town ... not just the neighborhood! We've worked our way through the menu and have never been disappointed. Don't hesitate to reserve here!Special Features:
- Great PlaceRobKDined on 10/19/2013I took my wife here for her birthday. We thought it would be more of a "special occasion" place, but it's not. Still,it's a nice place, nice space, the food was terrific, the vibe was fun. Great views of the streets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.