Cedars of Lebanon
152 East 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
Cedars of Lebanon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cedarsoflebanonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8013644096x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday:11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Belly dancers entertain on the floor while you are dining.
A word from Cedars of Lebanon
Pull up a cushion, relax and prepare for a truly memorable evening. Cedars of Lebanon is theContinued
perfect place for a romantic evening out, fun with friends, family or celebrating any special occasion.
perfect place for a romantic evening out, fun with friends, family or celebrating any special occasion.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cedars of Lebanon reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food with great belly dancingCharlosVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good, very authentic, and abundant. Eat half and take the other half home in order to do dessert. The entertainment was great and the bar offers hookah. A great place for a festive night. Good place for an adventurous date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014No need to make a reservation, i went on a Friday night and didn't even tell them i had one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservations but had to sit outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014We had reservations and when we walked in we were told we had to sit outside (the restaurant only had people at 3 tables at the time. Food tasted good but would have preferred to sit indoors.Special Features:
- Generally food was good butdinnerDined on 5/31/2014Generally food was good but taboulea greens too fresh looking and was sagging in juice with very little flavor , falafel were not cooked through it was gooey from the middle' pita bread was good .Special Features:
- Authentic Greatness!ElizabethDined on 5/25/2014I took a group of 5 ladies(including myself) to Cedars recently to celebrate. They had a great server who was friendly and genuine named James, I believe. They have lovely cocktails which we all enjoyed. I had their Vegan Platter which was huge and so delicious! As I requested they provided us with a special table and was a great experience. I'll definitely be going back and hopefully get to experience the belly dancers next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 81 reviews are from the Cedars of Lebanon reviews archive.
- Super!rchaseDined on 5/13/2014Lamb Tagine was amazing. Baba Ghanoush was amazing. Great service. Friday and Saturday belly dancing. Fun vibe. Definite recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We left before even orderingCedarswasawefulDined on 5/3/2014I made reservations and even checked the day before to ensure we have a table. I requested that this was my first time in this place, and I wanted a great experience with my date. We had to wait for our table to be cleared off before we could sit, and we weren't allowed to sit in the pillow room because there were only 2 of us. After getting our water and silverware, one of my forks had dried food on it. When the waiter came over, I asked for a new fork. He asked me if I dropped it!!! It doesn't matter WTF happened to the fork, just get me another you idiot! So politely explained the dried food and once he turned around, we got up and left that waste of a resturant. Don't go to this place. It's dirty, the staff was appauling and not worth.Special Features:
- A Surprise FindAvikonDined on 4/19/2014Great food with excellent service and fun entertainment. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the remodelradgalutDined on 4/11/2014The remodel has made this a much better place. I hadn't been to Cedars in a while and I was very impressed with the results of the remodel. It is a much more open and friendly space. The food is good, , and everyone is friendly. The service can be a little slow, and they had a problem finding menu's for everyone. Groups seatting is best in the smaller rooms, as the main dining room is pretty tight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again PleasedJaredDined on 3/28/2014This is our second visit to Cedars of Lebanon and we were just as pleased as the first time. The food and ambiance are amazing and the wait staff are very helpful and attentive. We look forward to visiting again and again.Special Features:
- Good food for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014I've been here before and wanted to come back. The food and the spicing is supurb and the atmosphere is fun. The only draw back is the price but it's fun to visit every once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic FindJaredDined on 3/14/2014In all of my searches I had never bumped into this place until my wife stumbled upon in via Living Social. We took our time going as it seemed out of the way and we had never met anyone who had tried it. However, since going it has immediately become one of our favorite dinner locations. The food is amazing, the ambiance is rich and comfortable and the people are very accommodating and fun. Currently we are planning to bring our kids as we love introducing them to new and different cultural experiences. As an added bonus, this location is a short walk from The Leonardo so we were able to walk to the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit making for an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was skiing in SLC for 2 daysBorisVIPDined on 3/2/2014Was skiing in SLC for 2 days and had two dinners here. First night everything was perfect, lamb tangin was very good. Second night ordered mixed kebab as a main course and it was a disappointment - chix was over cooked, even burned, and lamb was just a very poor quality cut. Appetizers were good both times.
- Great Veg FoodGoBearsMommaDined on 2/21/2014I love the mixed plate of vegetarian appetizers. Cedars is always a reliable source of good food and good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Don't judge the book by its coverFairparkfoodieDined on 2/14/2014My wife had never been to CoL, so I thought a Valentines dinner was appropriate. We were seated immediately, though we were seated in a combination of 2 tables that could have fit 6 and not 2. A little awkwardly spacious, but whatever. The Valentines menu was a strange one, with 2 notably Lebanese dishes, and then a salmon plate and Chicken Parmesan. Huh? The server was not reassuring because unlike servers who bore you with their explanation of the specials, this one knew virtually nothing about the menu - she 'thought' that the salmon was in a cream sauce, and an appetizer might be made with 'bulghur wheat?' Consequently, we ordered whatever sounded the most Lebanese. And then the food was fantastic and the kitchen saved the night.Special Features:
- Bad food, Bad service and Bad atmosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Booked my reservation through Open Table and though we arrived, at our scheduled time, the help seemed quite confused where to seat us. After a few minutes we were finally seated in an area that can only be described as an afterthought. It was cold and lacked every bit the ambiance describe in other reviews. Being New Years Eve the restaurant had just a couple terribly overpriced 3 course dinner items with flat bread considered as one of the courses. The appetizers were thin on imagination and would have starved a rabbit. Though it was a bit more generous the main course was dry, tasteless and delivered only a uniquely disappointing experience. Surely these are not reflective of the true taste of the Lebanese region.
- Wait timeRubyDined on 12/27/2013There was quite a considerable wait between the time of ordering the food & actually being servedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and Food both Top NotchCashewBrittleDined on 12/23/2013We had a large group of 20 and to make things easier for everyone, we had a set menu brought out. The food was beyond delicious and so unique. Everyone was commenting on how good it was. We were able to get the Casbah room - a room with a tent-like ceiling and cushions all around the walls to sit on. The atmosphere at Cedars of Lebanon would make it worth going to alone, but they make sure to put great effort into the foods they serve, as well. We had Falafel, shish kabobs with different meats and grilled vegetables as well as soft pita bread with different dips. Highly recommend for food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Holiday Party at Cedars!MikeDined on 12/12/2013We have had our holiday parties here now for a number of years. We reserve the Casbah room since it is off of the main dining room and a bit private. The room style is Lebanese/Middle Eastern with low tables and seats with lots of rugs and pillows. It is very warm, welcoming and cozy, but can be a bit hard on the back, in which case they will bring in a regular chair and small table for you. The food is good, the Lamb Tagine was especially excellent this time around with a nice level of spicyness. It is a bit pricy, but the portions are quite large. We ended the night with a nice Hookah smoke! A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/3/2013We loved having a romantic dinner at Cedars. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/2/2013I danced and ate here and it was so nice and welcoming. It was fun and a great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLovetoEatVIPDined on 11/8/2013The food is great, had the lamb shank. It was cooked perfectly. A belly dancer provided the entertainment while we ate. Prices are right for the amount of food that you get. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice findPJSeattleDined on 10/17/2013We certainly were not expecting to run into a Lebanese restaurant in SLC ! Glad we did. Great authentic food. I also recommend the mint iced tea - best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience. Great Food!KrisDined on 10/4/2013The food was amazing. The service was great. The cook even came out to tell us about the menu items and to help recommend what to order as this was our first time to this restaurant and to Moroccan/Lebanese food. The belly dancer was a lot of fun. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.BbbbDined on 9/23/2013They were way quick...the hummus and warm ports are amazing and the gyros are so fresh. Very filling. Super good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AlliDined on 9/21/2013This is absolutely one of my favorite places to eat. You will not find Moroccan or Lebanese food like this anywhere in Utah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our anniversaryjas283aDined on 8/16/2013My wife had heard of this restaurant because they have live belly dancing on the weekend and thought it would make for a fun experience. While that was fun and added for a great ambiance in the restaurant (we sat in a section decorated in a Middle Eastern style), I was unprepared for the food. It was amazing. I would absolutely recommend it to family and friends, in fact already have. Service was excellent. Great atmosphere. We will definately be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereBennionDined on 8/9/2013The food is great, the ethnic atmosphere and belly dancing make it an interesting experience. Definitely worth doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere, great serviceSjessDined on 8/3/2013Fun atmosphere, great service excellent food. The belly dancers and décor added to the experience. Great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLamcoloradoDined on 7/31/2013Nice and easy to be sat at summer OR show which is impossible to find a late reservation. Great food. Nice wine. Quiet except for belly dancer performances which was also fun. Did I mention great food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good flavorsDonRafaelVIPDined on 6/14/2013Food was good but the lamb was over cooked. The server Alec should take responsibility when food doesn't arrive and not blame the kitchen. He is responsible for service and ensuring we get our food in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Great food as awaysserenaDined on 5/4/2013Great food as always. The waiter we had wasn't as good as our usual waiter, he was nice but keep trying to up-sell us on stuff which started to get annoying. When the belly dancer came out the music was to loud and it was hard to have a conversation. I will go back for the food alone and hopefully will have the usual waiter.Special Features:
- I loved it... It was a longOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013I loved it... It was a long wait for the food and hooka; but I have been in the Middle East and eating there is an experience not to be rushed. The waitress (I can't remember her name, super cute gal that you wouldn't want to mess with because she looked like she could bench press me) was wonderful and energetic. Great food. Just a good time all around. I thought pricing was totally fair. 6 people; 6 meals, 3 soups, bottle of wine, and a hooka for 160 bucks. Easy day.Special Features:
- Best Birthday Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013We booked a hookah room for a birthday celebration and it was a blast! This is one of the best places in SLC to celebrate! If you're planning a party, call ahead to book a room for your group, and come on a Friday or Saturday when the bellydancers are around. It's a great time! Also - the food is amazing - baba ghanoush and the chicken shish kebab are my favorites. Ask for a cocktail menu if you're not up for their extensive beer and wine offerings.Special Features:
- The staff seemed a bit harriedSaltyDined on 4/12/2013The staff seemed a bit harried and the food didn't really stand out but the atmosphere was really unique and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Delicious food with severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Delicious food with several vegetarian and vegan options. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Dinner with guestsWheezyDined on 3/20/2013Absolutely loved the food and ambiance, the staff were great and it was a special treat to meet the owner and chef!Special Features:
- They say a family restauranthoridDined on 3/16/2013They say a family restaurant but not so however my children enjoyed the food and people watching along with the belly dancing. Food was excellent. The wait staff was very good but the host left a little to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressive "streetOremGourmandDined on 3/1/2013Not too impressive "street presentation" on this restaurant, but once inside we loved the dining experience. The food was creative, tasty, flavorful, unique. We loved the Mohammara as an appetizer, though the "spicy hot" claim was overstated (more sweet than hot). We enjoyed Lamb Tagine (curry, again mild) and Chicken Pastilla. The belly dancing was more distracting (music too loud) than entertaining, but it was only for a few minutes during our stay. The waitress was friendly and informative, but we felt a little neglected when we wanted her attention. But those were minor concerns - we'll definitely be back for more of the delicious food!
- Great Food and Belly DancingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013We had a great time, watching the Belly Dancer (Friday and Saturday nights) and enjoying great tasting food. oh the variety -- get the sample plate! We had our kids and the belly dancer took some time to teach them a few moves. a week later and my daughter is still trying out the moves. Can't wait to go back for the food and fun.Special Features: