Cedars Floating Restaurant - Coeur d'Alene Resort
1 Marina drive
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Cedars Floating Restaurant - Coeur d'Alene Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: cedarsfloating resturant.com
- Phone: 2086642922
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib, Northwest
- Executive Chef: James Barret
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer wedding ceremonies on our deck theather seating and dinner reception inside Can offer luncheon min of 20-25 guest
- Private Party Contact: Brenda Hillary 2086642922
- Entertainment: Waterfront dining
A word from Cedars Floating Restaurant - Coeur d'Alene Resort
Cedars is Idaho's Premier Floating restaurant featuring the freshest fish available daily Midwest Stockyards high choice beef Featuring our Legendary Prime Rib.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cedars Floating Restaurant - Coeur d'Alene Resort - Best Restaurants in Coeur d’Alene ›
Cedars Floating Restaurant - Coeur d'Alene Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (34)special occasion (22)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Outdoor tables are too small. There is hardly enough room for your dinner plate, bread plate and drink to fit on the table. The salads and cheese rolls were great, the prime rib was a little over cooked and over seasoned, the filet was perfect and the pork chop was excelllent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We have been enjoying The Cedars for over 30 years! It has always been our go-to restaurant for any celebratory dinner, visitors, or just a nice night out. The service is always stellar as is the food. Love. This. Place!Special Features:
- QualityBiker100Dined on 8/23/2014Quality menu and service, always a good choice for diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceQualAndQuantDined on 8/16/2014Took the family as a special last-night-in-town event. The service was excellent and the view is hard to beat. We sat inside, although the outside seating looked pleasant. The clam chowder was one of the best I have had in a long time. The steak was cooked perfectly, although I was talked into the signature Biergarten preparation that wasn't my favorite. I should have gone with just the rub. The King Crab legs were great although slightly over-cooked so difficult to extract. The creme brulee for desert was excellent. Overall, I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedars RestarauntELKYANKEESDined on 8/16/2014Cedars restaurant is one of the best places we have eaten at. Great atmosphere, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Like floating on a cloudTexmgrDined on 8/16/2014Over the past 2 years The Cedars has become one of my favorite restaurants. Good food, great service and fantastic ambiance! Between 4:00pm-6:00pm Cedars has wonderful early bird specials every day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An anniversary dinnerStuckInARutDined on 8/7/2014it was crowded for a Thursday night. in my opinion, there were too many groups which spread the staff thin. once we got to order, the staff and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, Start to finishmrfuelDined on 8/6/2014Our group arrived at the reservation time; we were told our table would be ready shortly, on the water as requested. 45 minutes later we were seated as far from the water as possible next to the main walkway. There were open tables and we were told they were reserved for other guest that had not arrived? Things went downhill from the time we were seated, we had to stop a waiter to get water, stop another to order drinks. We started to see a pattern & made sure someone kept an open eye for our waiter. Appetizers were ordered and delivered within 30 minutes, while we waited for appetizers we figured it would be best to order if we were going to have dinner that night. It took us 3 hours to have an average dinner at best. It became laughable.Special Features:
- Not a gret experience !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Hi, we have eaten at The Cedars many times but this latest meal did not meet expectations at all. We travel to The Cedars from Calgary about 3 times per year, exclusively for their scallops but this time they were just barely warm. The older front end hostess had a really tough time even cracking a smile and our waitress did not have much personality at all; compared to other times we have eaten here. In the past the servers would bring you warm bread prior to your meal but now they just let you select biscuits/buns from the salad bar. Anyway, overall we were quite disappointed as the meals are quite expensive and this time not worth the money paid at all. Dan MaySpecial Features:
- birthdayanticipationDined on 8/1/2014While i had to dine at 415pm i did not feel rushed to finish my dining experience. The ladies bath reeks, unsure why. There was a crowd at the salad bar, which crowded the other diners. Their kids menu could be better, sorry my kid does eat shrimp and more adult items, the chicken strips were awful, but when I asked if I could get some shrimp they said no.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Our service was outstanding. Due to a situation on the freeway, many folks (not including us) were late for their reservations, creating a flood of arrivals around 7 pm. Our waitress couldn't have handled things more gracefully, with frequent stops at our table to make sure all was ok and to apologize for the delays. Her calm and caring demeanor made it possible for us to easily accept the situation. Fairly pricey, but the prime rib is very good, and there is a reasonably priced children's menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedars was a nice place for dinnerb1bIdahoDined on 7/27/2014From being greeted to leaving the building, our visit was very nice. We were seated by a window which we requested at our reservation time. Everyone we encountered was most pleasant and helpful. The food was very very good. Only complaint was the bathrooms were very dirty and unkept.Special Features:
- Great Salad BarCelebratingDined on 7/19/2014Requested lakeside dining in the reservation - got it! I love their salad bar - I usually have prime rib or a steak. This time I had the seafood with wide noodles and pesto sauce...yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer / Wine ?DelmarsocDined on 7/18/2014Please add Duckhorn and Pride wine to your wine selection. Also either Kona Brewing Company or similar beer to your beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beLouisvilleGilDined on 7/18/2014It just wasn't as good that night as it used to be. Both the service and food were below what we have come to expect. We have visited The Cedars each year when we are in CDA, and this year it was probably just a bad night for them.Special Features:
- Birthday girl well fed!MangiobeneDined on 7/18/2014Our family group boated in to the Cedar's spacious docks, where as usual there were only a few boats, but nearby lot full of cars. Reserved window table with expansive lake view (nice for us, but priceless to those who don't live on the lake) was ready within 5 minutes of arrival. I had noted on Open Table res that this was my wife's birthday, and no one at the restaurant noticed this, but no foul, as she wanted no public proclamation of the fact (but missed the free Huckleberry Sunday usually comped). Service was good but not as snappy and cordial as the week before. As always the salad bar was well stocked by a server assigned just to clean and re-stock it, and assist patrons. Entrees superb, all from "specials menu" - fresh fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerfullandsatisfiedDined on 7/16/2014My husband found an ad in the newspaper for Cedars and said this is where I want to go. We called before they were open and got the message to go online to opentable to make a reservation. I did and was pleased to get one. Diner was fantastic! I had the lobster dinner and my husband had the prime rib with the lobster too! The lobsters tails were huge and delicious and and hubby's prime rib was cooked perfect! Can't wait to go back for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2DineDined on 7/13/2014This was our first time eating at Cedars and we were very pleased with our experience. The food and service was fantastic and the view was spectacular. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- repeater visitlei96701Dined on 7/11/2014Visit Spokane annually and annually I'll make the trip to this,restaurant in Idaho for the food service view. They accommodated my request for an appetizer that wasn't on the menu without hesitancy and it was delicious. Delicious meal from appetizer to dessert. Excellent service. Fun atmosphere due to being on a floating restaurant. It does float but so slight, not a distraction to eating. Have never gotten nautious.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedretiredceVIPDined on 7/8/2014Went to the visitors center looking for a nice dinner recommendation - this restaurant is VERY busy with wee little ones and families, not for a nice quiet meal, with wine for two-it's very busy and hectic. The salad bar is all the rage (it seems) with the cheese biscuits being the big hit. The kitchen was continually running out them (not that they were that good), but obviously they were the hit. We had two fish dishes (one was the Mahi Mahi) and can't not remember the other, they were both bad. Mahi was planked and undercooked. The second dish was apparently undesirable, as right now I can't recall even what it was. This restaurant does not deserve to be on OpenTable, just doesn't rank up with with creditability of great food.Special Features:
- Outstanding view from all tablesMomstephanoDined on 7/5/2014What a great view, from the first step out on the walkway and all through the restaurant the views are amazing. We watched all the beautiful boats coming and going as we ate our appetizers and dinner. The food was good enough, just not as impressive as the views. The service was good, and I enjoyed the salad bar. I got the shrimp skewers and they tasted good. The risotto was pretty thick, but tasted fine. My husband got the Alaskan Halibit and said he liked it. We didn't have desert. My only complaint was the margaritas were in short glasses, and way to sweet. The Piña Colada the other table got looked yummy though. I would recommend everyone go here at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh Not what it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Meh..after ten years we are done dining here. Quality of food has gone down hill for the price, I can cook better quality food in my own home. The table next to us refused to control their kids, who rampaged the salad bar making a mess and this table of 12 were constantly taking flash photos, very annoying.Special Features:
- Location is all they have.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Our experiences started off wrong from the moment we entered the door. We made reservations on OpenTable but that doesn't mean anything. When we learned we were going to have to wait, we asked to be seated outside and were told the time for either location, inside or out, would be the same. The bar was full of a wedding party, complete with a yellow lab and a toddler with only a diaper and t-shirt on, so there was not where to sit and wait and the huckleberry mojito tasted like mint and soda water. They called our name and wanted to seat us inside! Once at our outside table, the waitress was very nice and accommodating. However, we sent one steak back twice because it was RAW and one meal was cold. The setting, however, was lovely!Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014What a lovely setting for dining! Sitting outside at the water's edge was very pleasant! The staff came along just at the right moment to close the glass windows as it got too chilly. The food was delightful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try the prime rib!!702HawaiianDined on 6/12/2014Highly recommend ordering the Prime Rib and the huckleberry cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over all food taste.4youDined on 6/4/2014The food was ok for the price, the steamed clams and broth lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome settingMikeGDined on 5/31/2014Loved this place. We had dinner outside. The view was amazing - right on the lake. Food and service was good. Great setting and great evening.Special Features:
- Good ambience but poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/25/2014Looking out the window right into the lake was wonderful but the food wasn't that good and was pricey. My husband and I both got fish dishes and didn't care for them - tuna tasted fishy and shrimp nothing special. My kids also weren't too happy with their entrees either. Brownie s'more dessert would have been better served warm. Note: Salad bar that comes with the meals was quite good. Service slow to get to our table initially.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Cedars Floating Restaurant - Coeur d'Alene Resort reviews archive.