Cedar Street Grille
12 Cedar Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarstreetgrille.com/
- Phone: 5083475800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: CLOSED Lunch Tuesday through Saturday: 11:30am-3:00pm Dinner Tuesday through Saturday: 4:30pm-close Sunday: Open for dinner only at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Faucher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the perfect setting for an intimate gathering. The restaurant is available for private functions on Mondays, Sunday mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah J Gottlieb 8602351286
- Special Events: We offer the perfect setting for baby or bridal showers on Sunday mornings. Please contact Sarah J Gottlieb at email@example.com for further information.
A word from Cedar Street Grille
A lively American bistro with a menu that encourages sharing, exploration and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cedar Street Grille - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
Cedar Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (39)great for lunch (21)romantic (18)good for groups (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome as usualShepherdDined on 8/24/2014Alan and I had a great dinner. The service was excellent. We love the way the restaurant changes the menu often. A lot of the restaurants in the area have the same menu all the time. We love Cedar Street Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewImfullDined on 8/23/2014The small plates, large plates, and deserts are all top notch. You will not be disappointed when you dine at the Cedar Street Grill. From the bar area to the dining rooms you could not ask for better atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamanthaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place! Have been there for Dinner and for Brunch and both are fantastic. I haven't had any of the entrees at dinner, only the small plates, but we have liked everything we have ordered so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal at Cedar St. GrilleEnjoysagoodmealDined on 8/15/2014We ate at the Cedar Street Grille on Friday, August 15, 2014. We're glad we made a reservation as the restaurant was full. We had not been to this restaurant and the meal was very, very good. From the moment we ordered our cocktails, we know we were in for something special. The salads were delicious, the entrées were cooked to perfection and the desserts top off a wonderful meal. If you are looking for a restaurant with a “little extra” we’d encourage you to try the Cedar Street Grille in Sturbridge, MA. We will be back.Special Features:
- Still my favorite....CantwaittotryitDined on 8/14/2014I just can't get enough of this place.. Great food, great drinks! They still don't realize how much they are going to sell out of their catch of the day. In the last 5 times we have been here they are always out for our 8pm reservation. This time it was a Thursday night and still packed as ever. This time they said they would make us the catch however we wanted it they just couldn't serve it in the preseasoned kabobs. They were out of the pork too so they offered us free desert. It happened to be my birthday so we gladly accepted and the filet was cooked perfect. No matter what happens this place can do no wrong in my eyes. You're still the one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedroboDined on 8/10/2014I have tried many restaurants in Sturbridge and this one was a hit! The atmosphere was quiet and conducive to talking and it was comfortable. The food was great and they even made something that was not exactly on the menu. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Definately worth a visitJagMkIXDined on 8/9/2014Really glad I had a chance to try this place. Great atmosphere, nice menu choices, delicious food, and a great server. The effort the planners made of this place is very noticeable. I will definately be going back. I guess I felt comfortable there, more than anything else. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eg12Dined on 8/6/2014The menu continues to be interesting and varied, and almost every dish is a great success. Ordering several small plates makes for different delicious experiences. And the desserts are outstanding. If the restaurant served bread (and olive oil), the excellent meal would be even better.Special Features:
- TSLSVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our visit to Cedar Street was very good, attentive service and out meals were outstanding. I had never tried the buttermilk fried chicken and rarely order chicken when dining out. It was very good and well worth trying. I sampled a couple of pints of Newburyport Brewing Company beer and found it to be a nice quality microbrew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always the little things ..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is lovely, but it was painfully cold .. a/c vent in the wall under our booth's table .. seriously uncomfortable. Food was good .. waitress was nice .. forgot to bring lemon for my tea after requesting it twice .. asked a 3rd time and she brought it when my tea was just about finished.Special Features:
- Lunch at Cedar Street GrilleLove2eatoutDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I took friends out to lunch to celebrate their retirement. We were nicely greeted and seated right away. Our server was terrific and knew the restaurant well. She left us to chat, but knew when to come back for our order. We started with a bottle of the house Cabernet and the shrimp scampi small plate. Both were EXCELLENT! Our Buffalo Chicken wraps, Monte Cristo sandwich and house "BLT" sandwich were all wonderful. It was the perfect place to celebrate for good friends. This restaurant is a new favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to Cedar StreetTSLSVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our visit to Cedar Street was very enjoyable. Food was exceptional and service very attentive. Only negative was that we were sat in bar which while comfortable, was louder and less intimate than main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find between Boston and CTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014Great food, nice atmosphere, easy access. Was looking for place to meet between Boston and Hartford and this is it! Have been back and happily recommend for more than just location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch up w/ friendsCiaoBellaDined on 7/20/2014The food and atmosphere are wonderful and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJazzleSAURUSDined on 7/19/2014Really nice atmosphere. My girlfriend enjoyed a very nice, slightly more casual romantic dinner here, and a fantastic filet mignon. We showed up at 8:30, and were seated immediately. Well done, Cedar Street Grille.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014The food and atmosphere were terrific. Our only complaints were having to wait for 30 minutes after our reservation time to be seated, then waiting another 15 minutes for a server to arrive. The server did not seem very interested and had to be prompted to give the specials. After hearing the server at the table next to ours, we realized that we did not even hear all of the specials. We would still try it again (the food was that good), but hope that the service improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for get togethersPattybDined on 7/18/2014I met my friend from CT and I from Boston to meet in the middle! This place has great appys and drinks! It is really lovely inside and the service was so good. I totally recommend!Special Features:
- Loved itdancermumDined on 7/17/2014We went to celebrate my husbands birthday and we loved the food. I had been here before but my husband and daughter had not. They loved it.Special Features:
- Ln12Dined on 7/16/2014Soup great. Unfortunately there was something in my goats cheese ravioli that was not cheese. Not even a vegetable either. So I could not finish it. The server told us it was not prepared on site so what was it. I dread to think! I am allergic to seafood so that was my worry. Thankfully I was alright but certainly think you should enquire as to how this is made and whether you wish to continue to serve it
- Wonderful luncheatsoutoftenDined on 7/13/2014Our pistachio encrusted haddock with asparagus, potatoes and hollandaise sauce was prepared to perfection, as fresh as one could want, and beautifully presented. The service was exceptional. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal of small platesDebbieWhVIPDined on 7/12/2014We ordered a variety of small plates and salads, which made for a nice meal. Loved the stuffed figs, although we could barely taste the goat cheese. Lamb tacos were fine, but not as flavorful as hoped. Salads were good size and interesting; mine was loaded with candied pecans. Sliders were good as we're the scallops. Noise level was high!
- What wonderful foodLibbbyDined on 7/5/2014The service and food were amazing. Such a welcome find. We will definitely be back. Yum...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchscrabblenut19Dined on 6/29/2014Service is always outstanding here and the food is great. Last Sunday we came for brunch and I made a point of asking our waitress if the special curried pork hash on the menu had onions, since I really dislike them. She assured me that it didn't and that she doesn't like them herself. With my first bite I was not thrilled as I could taste onion, although it was subtle; then behind us I heard every other waitress describe it as having caramelized onions! I did manage to eat some but I wasn't too thrilled. However, the eggs were poached perfectly and my husband's jalapeno mac & cheese was delicious. Coffee is wonderful too and sourdough toast is delicious. Just a glitch and we will be back.Special Features:
- Very good service , Excellent foodGreat4dateDined on 6/28/2014Nice Atmosphere quit and quaint . Friendly service with a smile. All around good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love to eat outFoodNutDined on 6/28/2014Very attractive restaurant with excellent food and wonderful service. This was our first visit and it was for lunch. I am anxious to return for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Creative & delicious dining optionsFitfoodieDined on 6/26/2014Had tuna steak with grilled asparagus and spinach. Chose not to get fingerlings it came with. Great class of A to Z wine with a to-die-for piece of carrot cake. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014I've been here for dinner but never brunch. Was a great experience from the wonderful food to the great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant in Mass.USASoccerDined on 6/21/2014We have never been disappointed at Cedar Street Grille whether for lunch, brunch or dinner. The selections, quality of the food, service and ambiance are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 6/18/2014Cedar Street Grille was recommended to us by a friend. Although it is 45 min from our home, it was worth the drive. We found it to be very relaxing, friendly, and professional. My wife had the salmon, which she said was excellent and I had the Lamb Shank which was done to perfection. Overall, it was an outstanding dining experience. We will not hesitate to recommend Cedar Street Grille to our friends. Needless to sasy, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easy to findArtistDined on 6/15/2014My Boston guests and I met for brunch. The food served beautifully. The waitress was fabulous. We were never hurried. We three guests enjoyed our experience immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Street visitTSLSVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have visited Cedar Street a number of times. On this visit, the restaurant and bar were very busy, and the service initially was impacted, taking 15 minutes to get a drink. The noise level was a bit higher than on our prior visits. Our meals were excellent. I had the Wahoo special and my partner had the filet. Both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who lunchscrabblenut19Dined on 6/6/2014Love this place - had been for brunch last fall and decided to try it for lunch with a girlfriend. They were very accommodating as she wanted pasta instead of fries with the garlic shrimp, and they had no problem changing it. I ordered the garlic shrimp with the fries and it was wonderful. You only get three shrimp, but it's lunch so you don't need a huge portion. The fries were crispy and delicious. We both had tea; their selection is great and the tea they use is one of the best (Mighty Leaf). I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Trying too hard with the foodHonestab1Dined on 5/31/2014Service was great, but food was not good. I guess ,I am not use to having blue cheese in my Mac and cheese. People assume these plates are made with traditional ingredients just to find out it's not what they expected. High class food is not comfort food sprinkled with expensive ingredients. Disappointed I will not be back.
- Sturbridge stapleJudiDined on 5/30/2014Consistently provides good food...better than most in Sturbridge. Great for clients or a date night. If you can - sit in the bar area - more ambience.
- A Nice TreatGrammyDined on 5/30/2014We ended up ordering small plates this time, and they were all wonderful. The cheese slate brings a little slice of France here.....great dessert too.Special Features:
- Great tap pas!dinr42Dined on 5/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the garlic shrimp and fried goat cheese, but the crazy dates were my favorite! Nice find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disapointedLuvsavVIPDined on 5/24/2014I was so looking forward to dining at Cedar Street Grill after reading many reviews. We made reservation for a table of two at 5:30. Were seated right next to the kitchen door. A vent under the table was blowing cold air. We asked for another table and the waitress put a menu over the vent. The server never introduced herself so we never could ask for her by name. The ceaser salad was more like a chopped salad and was very dry. The fish special had no flavor and was overcooked. The scallops were undercooked, not seared at all. The waitress seemed like she was stressed and not into making our night special at all. We will be going back to Rovezzi's.Special Features:
- Great findCJacDined on 5/21/2014We selected this restaurant without knowing anything about it because it was midway between us and a good location. We were pleasantly surprised at the excellent tapas we had and all in all, a great restaurant. I would not hesitate to return and I would highly recommend it. It was casual, yet with excellent food and wine. And to top it all off, the service was great!Special Features:
- Great Experience!1happydinerDined on 5/17/2014Nice local restaurant, lovely ambience, good food, excellent service. Only downside is that every table/booth around the periphery of the dining room have floor vents at your feet blasting cold air. Is a problem as the waitress asked about it before we said anything & suggested we put our menu over it for the meal. Solved the problem but was odd ...Special Features:
- Never disappoints!UncleBuckVIPDined on 5/15/2014My third trip to Cedar Street Grille . . . wouldn't miss it anytime I'm in Brimfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.