Cedar Street Grille
12 Cedar Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarstreetgrille.com/
- Phone: (508) 347-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday through Saturday: 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner Tuesday through Saturday: 4:30pm-close
Sunday: Open for dinner only at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Faucher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the perfect setting for an intimate gathering. The restaurant is available for private functions on Mondays, Sunday mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Dawn Ryan 5083472321x
- Special Events: We offer the perfect setting for baby or bridal showers on Sunday mornings. Please contact Sarah J Gottlieb at email@example.com for further information.
A word from Cedar Street Grille
A lively American bistro with a menuContinued
that encourages sharing, exploration
and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.
that encourages sharing, exploration
and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cedar Street Grille - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
Cedar Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (32)romantic (24)great for lunch (20)hot spot (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Will return again and again!EmmyODined on 11/19/2014This was my first visit to the Cedar Street Grill and I was pleasantly surprised! The food is excellent and different from what I have had before at other restaurants. I ate lunch here with friends but I am excited to come back with my husband for a date night. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, great food!SturbridgeresidentDined on 11/16/2014My girlfriend's and myself had a great night out with amazing food and beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2014Excellent micro brew and traditional beer selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night out1happycamperDined on 11/5/2014We had an unexpected opportunity for a get together with old friends, so we made a last minute reservation. It was great. The food, the service, the wine (recommended by our server). We just got salads and a bunch of small plates. Nothing stands out, but only because all were exceptional. Oh, wait - the creme brûlée and the pumpkin ice cream profiteroles - as good as the rest of it was, those did stand out! I just love it when I can combine casual dining with great food, and this is the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Need to fix the parking fix the parking fix the parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu with Great Foodmsf1VIPDined on 10/26/2014We've dined here about six times, and it is always excellent. The menu has great choices and satisfies those who want a more traditional main dish and those who want to share smaller dishes. All the food is delicious and attractively presented. The service is friendly and helpful. There are several rooms. We always choose the back one, which is comfortable and quiet. I highly recommend Cedar Street Grille and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- OverpricedRena12Dined on 10/25/2014I was not impressed, food was average and the small plates are way overpriced. The bill was over $100 I would have rather gone to Chilli's for half the price. If your looking for a nice dinner I would drive 15 more minutes to Worcester and you will find much better restaurants there.
- Outstanding!BFFsDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding experience from the moment we walked in the door... professional service, great wine list, spectacular menu including an exceptional gluten free dessert recommended by the chef! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- AMAZING!DuckylouDined on 10/22/2014This was my second visit to Cedar Street Grille and everything was perfect! My wife and I shared the Pumpkin Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese, an Autumn Salad, and some Truffle fries and the food was delicious! The waitress we had was extremely attentive, our food came out quickly, and the prices are super affordable. We are from Manchester, CT and it is totally worth the drive. We will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Good food and fun menu optionsteachermassDined on 10/22/2014There's some great food on the menu and it took us awhile to make our small plate choices. Everything was delicious and unique. In terms of service, I wish they had staggered the items instead of bringing all the small plates at once. The table was crowded with plates and the splitting was a lift more awkward than when the service is staggered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to Cedar Street GrilleTSLSVIPDined on 10/16/2014We visit Cedar Street often. This visit was very good. Service was attentive and food top notch as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were fighting over the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Everything we ordered was outstanding. Creative menu options that were well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cedar street grillesteakeaterDined on 10/10/2014My sisters and I celebrated their birthdays there for lunch. It is a clean and sleek looking place. The menu was interesting and fun. I had the gourmet grilled cheese with a side salad and it was scrumptious. My sisters had sliders and potato fries. Desserts were also unique and delicious. They did not rush us and we stayed and chatted for quite awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulaDined on 10/9/2014Very pleasant and tasty lunch experience. Our server was excellent!Special Features:
- YumPassingthrutownDined on 10/5/2014My hangar Steak was delicious and my husband had lots of small plates of different types of seafood that he thoughly enjoyed. We want on a Sunday night, and it was not too crouded and service was quick. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Girls day out ... and we totally enjoyed our experience! Food was delicious, and our cocktails were yummy (and strong!). Would definitely recommend the small plate - angry clams - they were to die for! Mmmmmm good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/horrible acousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014As we walked into the restaurant, the table next to the door erupted in laughter and the level nearly blew me back out of the door. As we were seated at a tiny table for two near the bathrooms and kitchen we noticed a large group seated next to us. They had just been seated as well. Bad news for us as they were loud and boisterous. So much so that I, at times could not hear my husband speak. They were also pretty rude and made our night very uncomfortable...for that I blame the group. For the noise level, I blame the restaurant. To top it all off, our table had a very cold breeze blowing on our legs. I don't normally mind being cold, but by the end of the dinner I was freezing. The food was excellent so go there but request a boothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a special find!CitmarDined on 10/4/2014We came down from Worcester as we were visiting our daughter at Clark University. Wish this restaurant was in NYC,our home, as we would be frequent guests. The service was super nice and all of the food was tremendousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kitty1gDined on 10/4/2014It was the best meal we have had dining out in a long time. The service was also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great return visitConnecticutDined on 9/25/2014We were to meet friends, but they were hung up in a traffic jam and never made it. Staff was understanding and we proceeded with dinner for two at a table reserved for four: did not appear to be an issue for the restaurant. Nice wine list, plenty of beer selections. We enjoyed the olive and feta as an appetizer, followed by salads and mac and cheese: so yummy and comforting.
- we keep coming backlovesgreatfoodDined on 9/20/2014no matter what time we go or what day we go it is always great! Never disappointed. The consistently changing the menu so there is always something new to try. Their creme brulee is amazing no matter what flavor it is, (they change it every day). Whether you live near Sturbridge, MA or are just passing through it is a place to stop in for sure. My personal favorite item is the crazy dates. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Used to love it, now I like it.GrammyDined on 9/19/2014Cedar St Grille, has become a nice local restaurant for Sturbridge. I had great service and meals were served very timely. However, the place has changed a bit. Dress code is jeans. Menu is varied and ordering small plates is the way to go. It is not fine dining, but the food is still good. Bar was busy and loud, and the dining tables are close by, so it was a bit noisy (although I didn't mind that at all).Special Features:
- Always fabcalyd1VIPDined on 9/18/2014This has always been one of my go-to spots...never disappoints & great for both business lunches and for meeting up with friends.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful..LibbbyDined on 9/7/2014Always a lovely meal. Never had brunch here before but it was wonderful. Dinner and now brunch..a return for sure.Special Features:
- Enjoyable All Around ExperienceHeycynDined on 9/6/2014Host and wait staff were exceptionally attentive and outgoing. The food was worthy of picture taking and absolutely delicious! Wine list, menu and atmosphere were spot on. Everything works just right in this cozy spot. Unusual appetizers were terrific and the crazy dates are recommended as a must try. Make reservations and go if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodJohnDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent and well prepared. The prices were reasonable and made for a great evening out. We had a reservation an were seated on time. The waitress and other servers were friendly and efficient. I would recommend this place to my friends. The only negative would be that the booth was a little tight but didn't spoil our evening.Special Features:
- We made the right choice!IrisjadeDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I tried this restaraunt for our first visit to Sturbridge (for dinner) and we were very pleased. I had the Pamplemousse Rose coctail, which was fabulously tart with a nice sugar rim. We both loved the Calamari. It was delicately fried and the fried pickles and peppers were a nice touch. The scallops, pork, and asparagus were all cooked to perfection and the Jalepeno Mac & Cheese and the parmesan truffle fries were 'to die for'. The service was very friendly and attentive. In fact, I have nothing negative to say; we were very happy (and very full) when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- binguspingusDined on 9/1/2014We are so happy we found this gem of a restaurant. Great, great menu; wonderful drinks, great service, wonderful atmosphere and most important for me almost everything could be made gluten free. They even had gluten free pasta and bread and made their macaroni and cheese gluten free for me. It was some of the best mac and cheese I have ever had. Everything we had was delicious and we went back for a second night to try more items on the menu. Highly recommend. Wish we had this restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- seerviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I don't know if it was the wait staff, or the kitchen, but service was extremely slow. The food was OK, but they forgot one of my dishes. My message to the owner, hire more staff
- FoodforthoughtDined on 8/31/2014Been to Cedar St. for brunch, lunch and dinner. Exceptional at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualShepherdDined on 8/24/2014Alan and I had a great dinner. The service was excellent. We love the way the restaurant changes the menu often. A lot of the restaurants in the area have the same menu all the time. We love Cedar Street Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewImfullDined on 8/23/2014The small plates, large plates, and deserts are all top notch. You will not be disappointed when you dine at the Cedar Street Grill. From the bar area to the dining rooms you could not ask for better atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamanthaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great place! Have been there for Dinner and for Brunch and both are fantastic. I haven't had any of the entrees at dinner, only the small plates, but we have liked everything we have ordered so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal at Cedar St. GrilleEnjoysagoodmealDined on 8/15/2014We ate at the Cedar Street Grille on Friday, August 15, 2014. We're glad we made a reservation as the restaurant was full. We had not been to this restaurant and the meal was very, very good. From the moment we ordered our cocktails, we know we were in for something special. The salads were delicious, the entrées were cooked to perfection and the desserts top off a wonderful meal. If you are looking for a restaurant with a “little extra” we’d encourage you to try the Cedar Street Grille in Sturbridge, MA. We will be back.Special Features:
- Still my favorite....CantwaittotryitDined on 8/14/2014I just can't get enough of this place.. Great food, great drinks! They still don't realize how much they are going to sell out of their catch of the day. In the last 5 times we have been here they are always out for our 8pm reservation. This time it was a Thursday night and still packed as ever. This time they said they would make us the catch however we wanted it they just couldn't serve it in the preseasoned kabobs. They were out of the pork too so they offered us free desert. It happened to be my birthday so we gladly accepted and the filet was cooked perfect. No matter what happens this place can do no wrong in my eyes. You're still the one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedroboDined on 8/10/2014I have tried many restaurants in Sturbridge and this one was a hit! The atmosphere was quiet and conducive to talking and it was comfortable. The food was great and they even made something that was not exactly on the menu. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Definately worth a visitJagMkIXDined on 8/9/2014Really glad I had a chance to try this place. Great atmosphere, nice menu choices, delicious food, and a great server. The effort the planners made of this place is very noticeable. I will definately be going back. I guess I felt comfortable there, more than anything else. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily SurprisedIcelandiaDined on 8/8/2014On our way to Maine, we needed a dinner spot and chose Cedar Street Grille based on Open Table's diners' recommendations. We were delighted to discover this wonderful eatery and plan to return as soon as we have a reason to head toward Sturbridge again. We live in Greater Hartford, so this is an hour's drive for us, but well worth it. The fried chicken, which my husband ordered, was outstanding, and I plan to order it next time we go even though my fish dish was superb. Vegetables were perfectly cooked, and the entire meal was delicious. The service was excellent--just the right level of attentiveness and privacy--and although we were too satiated to order dessert, I might just have to leave room for it next time we go.Special Features:
- eg12Dined on 8/6/2014The menu continues to be interesting and varied, and almost every dish is a great success. Ordering several small plates makes for different delicious experiences. And the desserts are outstanding. If the restaurant served bread (and olive oil), the excellent meal would be even better.Special Features:
- TSLSVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our visit to Cedar Street was very good, attentive service and out meals were outstanding. I had never tried the buttermilk fried chicken and rarely order chicken when dining out. It was very good and well worth trying. I sampled a couple of pints of Newburyport Brewing Company beer and found it to be a nice quality microbrew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.