75 Cedar Swamp Rd
Glen Cove, NY 11542Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekli.com/
- Phone: 5166565656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Dunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cedar Creek offers on site catering for any event.
A word from Cedar Creek
Welcome to Cedar Creek American Bar & Grill where simplicity is refined. Cedar Creek is a chef inspired American bistro fueled by the culinary team of Chef David Dunn. Chef Dunn’s team will be serving up culinary delights that will appeal to a wide array of palates; from Carolina BBQ pulled pork sliders to Colorado lamb burger, from "Angry Mussels" to crispy blue fin tuna. Cedar Creek is located at 75 cedar swamp road in beautiful Glen Cove New York on the border of Glen Head. The décor is simply contemporary with warmth that is accented by beautiful walnut and cream tones. The restaurant has several different areas that add intimacy to the ambiance; including a beautiful outdoor patio for the warmer months. Join us for dinner seven nights a week or simply join us for a cocktail, glass of wine, or one of our thirty bottles of beer at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cedar Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- ALWAYS GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014THE CHICKEN, SHORT RIB, AND BARLEY RISOTTO ARE SOME OF OUR FAVORITES.
- brought friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014have tried various other dining establishments like this price is good for quality of food. beer list could be more extensive. our friends immensely enjoyed meal, ability to converse and quality of foodSpecial Features:
- ProjmEdwinDined on 7/26/2014Overall food and service was good. I ordered the Crusty Tuna. When it was delivered I had to ask if that was the appertiser portion it was so small. Four small pieces of Tuna on a bed of noodles for $27.00. I felt that was excessive. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Creek is very worthwhile!Foodie2Dined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and made to order. Special requests were precisely honored. The service was amazing. We were very comfortable and felt welcome the moment we walked through the door. They aimed to please and they succeeded!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014Needed to celebrate a special occasion and this restaurant fit the bill. Great service and food.Special Features:
- nice surpriseordenadorDined on 6/21/2014I had never been to Cedar Creek, but was pleasantly surprised on multiple levels. The whole package was a very positive experienceSpecial Features:
- Did not disappointLOCALDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary Saturday night and wanted to try a new restaurant. We had our 9 year old so we wanted a restaurant that would have good adult food, and also accommodate a child. This restaurant did not disappoint. We had scallops and braised short ribs, and our child had chicken fingers - but it was fresh and not like cheap frozen dinner. The service was very good, and the atmosphere upscale casual. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Had a great time with the family. Treated nicely by the hostess.Special Features:
- A little Jem in a Jem of a cityArborwifeDined on 5/31/2014What a great restaurant. The ambiance was perfect, the crowd was pleasant, the staff as lively as can be and most professional, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- dont miss the musclesfood4meDined on 5/31/2014Went for a birthday dinner with friends. I was surprised that the premises was more upscale than I expected since it advertises itself as a pub. Very busy on a saturday night, but there was room at the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail. The booth was huge, big enough for 6. Started with Angry Muscles, which were exceptional. The calimari was good, and the clams on the half shell were outstanding. Others had the angus burger, scallops and short ribs. All rated as good. My Romanian steak was a disappointment; stingy and I had to send it back to heat it since it came from the kitchen tepid. I would probably go back if I lived closer to the restaurant. BTW, the service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The food was excellent as was the service! I will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealkendigramDined on 5/17/2014The food was quite good and the service was very good. I have diet restrictions and the waiter made sure that everything was done correctly. We would go again.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 5/15/2014Enjoyed the grilled salmon with a side of sautéed spinach with onions. James was the friendly server; he was assisted by several others who were very efficient. The rather tasteless sliced Italian bread that accompanies the meal should be offered with olive oil and parmesan cheese in addition to just butter. Overall, the Cedar Creek meal was great.Special Features:
- Yummy and inviting2BunhappyDined on 5/11/2014Very enjoyable food selections, great service and delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Disappointed this timeMrsZDined on 5/11/2014We've come here before and had a great experience, but we were here on Mother's Day and it was just ok. We ordered the most expensive steak on the menu and it was strangely served in a pasta bowl which was awkward to eat. Also, their dinnerware was very scuffed and looked unappealing. We like this place but for a special occasion and the prices, we felt we could have made a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff is so Nice and Food FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014Ryan was a fantastic server. He was knowledgeable and very attentive. His suggestions were great and he made us feel right at home. The food was all amazing, super fresh and cooked just as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 482 reviews are from the Cedar Creek reviews archive.
- Good food but gets very noisyFdollieVIPDined on 4/12/2014I recommend this place for an early eavening dinner. It gets too loud after 8 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good neighborhood placeSignNDineVIPDined on 4/12/2014A good neighborhood place and great for kids---good menu and always very good attentive service. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- Small BitesJBIRISHDined on 4/6/2014Whether your looking for a full entree or just want to pick , cedar creek has it all. Small plates for sharing, intersting combinations, good wine, great beers! What more do you need in this great local hot spot. Where veranda held court for many years, cedar creek looks like it is here to stay, and thank goodness for that. If you dine early they have a wonderful, generous early menu with all the same itmes you find on the regular menu. Just make sure you always have room for something sweet, you Must have a chocolate chip cookie or two! Home made, the Best!Special Features:
- Loved itNimo1910Dined on 4/5/2014Would go again. Service and food was excellent and so was the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicequeasyriderDined on 3/22/2014Cedar Creek offers an eclectic menu and outstanding specialty courses. Great service and attentive staff. A Glen Cove gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not thrilled...........Hurricanehoney1Dined on 3/15/2014Very loud. My six year old son got a headache and we needed to leave. The food was not all that great and expensive to boot. Two hamburgers and a side of onion rings came close to $100 with tip. Not worth it. The server was kind and polite. Would not go back anytime soon. Better burgers elsewhere. We were put in a corner with a large party and it was not a good situation. And the bathrooms were smelly (septic tank issue possibly). Don't need to go back.
- Our favorite for bringingFoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our favorite for bringing friends and showing off how good the food and service is. Once again, as always Cedar Creek did not disappoint us or our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gumbo on the North Shore!FrankGVIPDined on 3/1/2014Finding a good Cajun entree on the north shore is harder that finding an actual Cajun! Wasn't expecting amazing gumbo, but that's what I got! First time here and have to say, very impressed. Service was perfect, food delicious (pulled pork sliders were solid!) and my wife's simply grilled fish was stellar. Server sweet as can be. Definitely be back. Oh yeah - valet parking - - disaster! 22 minutes to get my car!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to come here with myOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014Love to come here with my kids. There is something for everyone to enjoy. My kids especially enjoy the fried macaroni and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular favorite of ours.FoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 2/14/2014A regular favorite of ours. We've been there a dozen times, tasted different foods and experienced fantastic service every single time. That's why we keep going back. It is so consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great time!funtimesDined on 2/14/2014I've been there on a group dinner, ladies nights etc. and it's always a great time. I even requested a booth because it was easier with the kids on Valentine's Day and they accomodated me with no problem! Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheMeet Place Friends Once A Week!MaddieDined on 2/14/2014Bob the bartender keeps the bar lively, Staff always ready to please, Comfortable place to chill outSpecial Features:
- great little placeFreddie5785Dined on 2/8/2014Food was fantastic. The mussels are out of thus world. I will be back to try the rest of this menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our favorite place.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014This is our favorite place. Terrific food, not super expensive, casual but nice, great service, great beer list, great specials. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesDaleTyVIPDined on 2/5/2014Cedar Creek has good food, great service and moderate prices. The early bird special is a great deal - tho a lot of food. The chicken pot pie is excellent although everything I've had has been good. My only (small) complaint is the food comes out way too fast so you can feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateHowieDined on 1/31/2014My wife & I were pleased with our dinner. The food was great. It was a Friday night and busy. We were between two tables. The table to our right was a little loud. Four young ladies having a good time. No big deal. It will not stop me from coming again. Dined with you 3 times and the food was great every time. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placepmnyVIPDined on 1/26/2014Food and service are very good. Cedar Creek offers great down home cooking. You won't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableLethVIPDined on 1/25/2014Service is always good, and food is always excellent and it is only 5 mins away from my house. So glad we have a place to go to when we want to.Special Features:
- Third time here. Food consistentlyCrash0605VIPDined on 1/25/2014Third time here. Food consistently tasty, good portions and well presented. Comfortable atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014It's in our neighborhood and we go here often! Always good and they are also accommodating! The witer was exceptionally knowledgeable this evening! Perfect for a snowy eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My boyfriend and I tried thisanonymousDined on 1/11/2014My boyfriend and I tried this restaurant randomly on a Saturday night when our plans fell through. We were both pleasantly surprised. They had an extensive menu consisting of dishes of all varieties and all sizes. We ordered the mussels, oysters, cocktail shrimp, gnocchi and the gumbo, and everything was very good. I'd also recommend the cookie sandwich and the peanut butter hot chocolate drink for dessert. Even my boyfriend enjoyed them, and he is not a big dessert person. Our waitress was attentive and very helpful when it came to ordering. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a new hot spot or anything, but it was definitely worth going and I will go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar CreekghmomDined on 1/10/2014Great place. First time for dinner. Food was delicious. Service was very good. Nice wine list. A little loud but I usually don't mind that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- U can not go wrong with Cedar CreekDickDined on 1/10/2014Hi- I have eaten at Cedar Creek over 10 times and I can easily say you cannot go wrong dining here. They update their menu frequently with excellent seasonal dishes and wine/beer combinations. Service is attentive Well priced I will say the valet parking is slightly annoying, since the parking lot is small and has one entrance. Net net - you will have a great dining experience. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick & Trustworthy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014Friends in from Australia......Knew he was into great wines ( Ordered Cakebread)...........The food as usual was delicious, & we were close to home to get back to Football!!Special Features: