75 Cedar Swamp Rd
Glen Cove, NY 11542Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekli.com/
- Phone: 5166565656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Dunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cedar Creek offers on site catering for any event.
A word from Cedar Creek
Welcome to Cedar Creek American Bar & Grill where simplicity is refined. Cedar Creek is a chef inspired American bistro fueled by the culinary team of Chef David Dunn. Chef Dunn’s team will be serving up culinary delights that will appeal to a wide array of palates; from Carolina BBQ pulled pork sliders to Colorado lamb burger, from "Angry Mussels" to crispy blue fin tuna. Cedar Creek is located at 75 cedar swamp road in beautiful Glen Cove New York on the border of Glen Head. The décor is simply contemporary with warmth that is accented by beautiful walnut and cream tones. The restaurant has several different areas that add intimacy to the ambiance; including a beautiful outdoor patio for the warmer months. Join us for dinner seven nights a week or simply join us for a cocktail, glass of wine, or one of our thirty bottles of beer at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cedar Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (14)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014We were visitors to the area and found the restaurant highly reviewed on Trip Advisor. Liked valet parking which was free except for tip. Liked ambiance of restaurant which was nice but still comfortable for casual dining. Found the menu selections creative and liked that there was a simply done section. Able to accomodate everyone in the party with their different dietary needs. While food was very good, we thought that it was overpriced. My daughter chose not to have one of the sides listed and just asked for some plain pasta and we were charged $4 on top of the $27 for 4 scallops. While we appreciated that they accomodated her special request, I thought that was not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch with friendscorrboxDined on 10/10/2014It was the four of us. The food was very good and the service was as well. Very nice restaurant and enjoyable place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightERdinesoutDined on 10/4/2014Great menu. From the appetizers, burgers (I highly recommend), the fish entrees, Homemade pasta and a great kids menu. We luv it here. The staff are so nice and attentive. Food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick BiteGottaEatDined on 10/3/2014Last minute dinner plans. Had a great lite dinner with wonderful service. This is a reliable hot spot.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongByroniousDined on 9/29/2014I am never disappointed with Cedar Creek. The wine list is large enough to satisfy most, and the beer selection is the best you can find at any restaurant in the area. Always feel safe ordering anything on the menu, you will never be disappointed in the quality. Also keep an eye out on their weekly specials, 1/2 price bottles of wine on Mondays cant be beat. As for service, talk about top notch. Very reassuring when you hardly have to ask for anything you want/need. Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lauraDined on 9/27/2014Sal was a great server. Special risotto was fantastic. We live nearby and have been here many times and consistently good. A little loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upgraded on our anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Not only was the food fantastic but they didn't have the sparkling wine we ordered so the upgraded us Moët Champagne at the same price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the placeAliceDined on 9/26/2014Always have great food when I am there. My only complaint is that the night I was there the AC was not on and it was to warm to really sit and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutGlenHeadGirlDined on 9/15/2014My friends and I had a great night out on Monday (9-15). We were a table of 5 and our waiter did not rush us. We enjoyed our 1/2 priced bottle of wine and then some. Our dinners were specials and off the menu and did not disappoint us. We even had room for dessert, one slice of pie and 5 forks of course! We will be back with more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014THE CHICKEN, SHORT RIB, AND BARLEY RISOTTO ARE SOME OF OUR FAVORITES.
- brought friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014have tried various other dining establishments like this price is good for quality of food. beer list could be more extensive. our friends immensely enjoyed meal, ability to converse and quality of foodSpecial Features:
- ProjmEdwinDined on 7/26/2014Overall food and service was good. I ordered the Crusty Tuna. When it was delivered I had to ask if that was the appertiser portion it was so small. Four small pieces of Tuna on a bed of noodles for $27.00. I felt that was excessive. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Creek is very worthwhile!Foodie2Dined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and made to order. Special requests were precisely honored. The service was amazing. We were very comfortable and felt welcome the moment we walked through the door. They aimed to please and they succeeded!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014Needed to celebrate a special occasion and this restaurant fit the bill. Great service and food.Special Features:
- The following 493 reviews are from the Cedar Creek reviews archive.
- nice surpriseordenadorDined on 6/21/2014I had never been to Cedar Creek, but was pleasantly surprised on multiple levels. The whole package was a very positive experienceSpecial Features:
- Did not disappointLOCALDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary Saturday night and wanted to try a new restaurant. We had our 9 year old so we wanted a restaurant that would have good adult food, and also accommodate a child. This restaurant did not disappoint. We had scallops and braised short ribs, and our child had chicken fingers - but it was fresh and not like cheap frozen dinner. The service was very good, and the atmosphere upscale casual. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GottaEatDined on 5/31/2014Had a great time with the family. Treated nicely by the hostess.Special Features:
- A little Jem in a Jem of a cityArborwifeDined on 5/31/2014What a great restaurant. The ambiance was perfect, the crowd was pleasant, the staff as lively as can be and most professional, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- dont miss the musclesfood4meDined on 5/31/2014Went for a birthday dinner with friends. I was surprised that the premises was more upscale than I expected since it advertises itself as a pub. Very busy on a saturday night, but there was room at the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail. The booth was huge, big enough for 6. Started with Angry Muscles, which were exceptional. The calimari was good, and the clams on the half shell were outstanding. Others had the angus burger, scallops and short ribs. All rated as good. My Romanian steak was a disappointment; stingy and I had to send it back to heat it since it came from the kitchen tepid. I would probably go back if I lived closer to the restaurant. BTW, the service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The food was excellent as was the service! I will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealkendigramVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food was quite good and the service was very good. I have diet restrictions and the waiter made sure that everything was done correctly. We would go again.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 5/15/2014Enjoyed the grilled salmon with a side of sautéed spinach with onions. James was the friendly server; he was assisted by several others who were very efficient. The rather tasteless sliced Italian bread that accompanies the meal should be offered with olive oil and parmesan cheese in addition to just butter. Overall, the Cedar Creek meal was great.Special Features:
- Yummy and inviting2BunhappyDined on 5/11/2014Very enjoyable food selections, great service and delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Disappointed this timeMrsZDined on 5/11/2014We've come here before and had a great experience, but we were here on Mother's Day and it was just ok. We ordered the most expensive steak on the menu and it was strangely served in a pasta bowl which was awkward to eat. Also, their dinnerware was very scuffed and looked unappealing. We like this place but for a special occasion and the prices, we felt we could have made a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff is so Nice and Food FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014Ryan was a fantastic server. He was knowledgeable and very attentive. His suggestions were great and he made us feel right at home. The food was all amazing, super fresh and cooked just as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but gets very noisyFdollieVIPDined on 4/12/2014I recommend this place for an early eavening dinner. It gets too loud after 8 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good neighborhood placeSignNDineVIPDined on 4/12/2014A good neighborhood place and great for kids---good menu and always very good attentive service. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- Small BitesJBIRISHDined on 4/6/2014Whether your looking for a full entree or just want to pick , cedar creek has it all. Small plates for sharing, intersting combinations, good wine, great beers! What more do you need in this great local hot spot. Where veranda held court for many years, cedar creek looks like it is here to stay, and thank goodness for that. If you dine early they have a wonderful, generous early menu with all the same itmes you find on the regular menu. Just make sure you always have room for something sweet, you Must have a chocolate chip cookie or two! Home made, the Best!Special Features:
- Loved itNimo1910Dined on 4/5/2014Would go again. Service and food was excellent and so was the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicequeasyriderDined on 3/22/2014Cedar Creek offers an eclectic menu and outstanding specialty courses. Great service and attentive staff. A Glen Cove gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not thrilled...........Hurricanehoney1Dined on 3/15/2014Very loud. My six year old son got a headache and we needed to leave. The food was not all that great and expensive to boot. Two hamburgers and a side of onion rings came close to $100 with tip. Not worth it. The server was kind and polite. Would not go back anytime soon. Better burgers elsewhere. We were put in a corner with a large party and it was not a good situation. And the bathrooms were smelly (septic tank issue possibly). Don't need to go back.
- Our favorite for bringingFoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our favorite for bringing friends and showing off how good the food and service is. Once again, as always Cedar Creek did not disappoint us or our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gumbo on the North Shore!FrankGVIPDined on 3/1/2014Finding a good Cajun entree on the north shore is harder that finding an actual Cajun! Wasn't expecting amazing gumbo, but that's what I got! First time here and have to say, very impressed. Service was perfect, food delicious (pulled pork sliders were solid!) and my wife's simply grilled fish was stellar. Server sweet as can be. Definitely be back. Oh yeah - valet parking - - disaster! 22 minutes to get my car!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to come here with myOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014Love to come here with my kids. There is something for everyone to enjoy. My kids especially enjoy the fried macaroni and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular favorite of ours.FoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 2/14/2014A regular favorite of ours. We've been there a dozen times, tasted different foods and experienced fantastic service every single time. That's why we keep going back. It is so consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great time!funtimesDined on 2/14/2014I've been there on a group dinner, ladies nights etc. and it's always a great time. I even requested a booth because it was easier with the kids on Valentine's Day and they accomodated me with no problem! Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheMeet Place Friends Once A Week!MaddieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Bob the bartender keeps the bar lively, Staff always ready to please, Comfortable place to chill outSpecial Features:
- great little placeFreddie5785Dined on 2/8/2014Food was fantastic. The mussels are out of thus world. I will be back to try the rest of this menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our favorite place.EMend121VIPDined on 2/7/2014This is our favorite place. Terrific food, not super expensive, casual but nice, great service, great beer list, great specials. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesDaleTyVIPDined on 2/5/2014Cedar Creek has good food, great service and moderate prices. The early bird special is a great deal - tho a lot of food. The chicken pot pie is excellent although everything I've had has been good. My only (small) complaint is the food comes out way too fast so you can feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.