Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano
26860 Ortega Highway
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Neighborhood:
San Juan Capistrano
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekinn.com/
- Phone: 9492402229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adrian Rojas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Various vocalists, piano, and guitar music can be enjoyed Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings
A word from Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano
The Ayres family has been serving up fantastic Steaks, Chops, Ahi Sandwiches, Signature Salads, and House-made Desserts for decades. Each location presents a lively atmosphere where friends and neighbors can be seen table-hopping while business associates hammer out important deals.Continued
There is fireside dining in the main dining room as well as the tree-shaded patio facing the magnificent San Juan Capistrano Mission.
There is fireside dining in the main dining room as well as the tree-shaded patio facing the magnificent San Juan Capistrano Mission.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano - Best Restaurants in San Juan Capistrano ›
Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (113)great for lunch (75)neighborhood gem (74)great for brunch (53)special occasion (47)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (30)romantic (27)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (21)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- Server made the expiernceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I come here at least once a month. This time we had a WONDERFUL server, Juliet, who we will ask for in the future. She was very pleasant, explained the specials and she didn't hover/try to rush us. My husband had the prime rib, once the entree was delivered he realized that he didn't ask for raw horseradish. Juliet stopped by to check on our meal and he asked her for the horseradish. Usually when you ask for something, you have to wait and wait to get the item, but not with Juliet. She got the item and returned promptly. What a wonderful experience we had and as mentioned previously we will ask to be seated in her section the next time. We enjoy the restaurant, but Juliet's service was a nice plus!Special Features:
- Cedar creek innCnccalifdiningDined on 9/10/2014We have been here before and the good memories did not disappoint. What a lovely interior. Service was excellent We love the patio but this time we are inside as it was a very hot day. Great food- what more could you ask for? What about a Chico's next door! They have that too.Special Features:
- Always Good!ProntoDined on 9/9/2014We have lived in San Juan and moved away and yet we still meet friends here as a 1/2 way spot between San Diego & Palos Verdes. The food is consistently good with ample portions. The service stays true (often) to the San Juan heritage with Spanish/English speaking servers. Everyone is professional and friendly and they take reservations.Special Features:
- Sea Food SaladNewporterVIPDined on 9/7/2014Cedar Creek has by far the best Seafood Salad! Filled with large Shrimp, Scallops and Crab it's the perfect lunch or dinner. Our service was average, we think our waitress was new.Special Features:
- Ok but not outstandingNosmoKingDined on 9/6/2014Went there for lunch on a Saturday. We were quickly and courteouly seated. Service was fine, particularly given that the patio filled up fast. We were served the ultimate BLTs and a croissant chicken sandwich. The BLTs could have had another piece of bacon, as one is a bit thin for me. The chicken sandwich was also a bit low on spice. It was supposed to be curried chicken and was bland. Sides of onion rings and cole slaw were good.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!LaurieDined on 9/3/2014Out of 10 people at our table, all 10 raved about the delicious food, gorgeous patio, top of the line waiter, and ample parking...all at a reasonable price! Our lunch gathering was transformed into a memorable event. Thank you Cedar Creek Inn for making that possible!Special Features:
- Mission adjunctBillDined on 9/2/2014This is a great place to have a meal before or after a visit to the San Juan Capistrano mission. The food, service and ambiance are very pleasant indeed.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGuestDined on 8/31/2014It was perfect for a romantic dinner and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- ObieDined on 8/30/2014Loved sitting on the patio. The wait staff was very friendly but not over bearing. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food choice. I would not hesitate to recommend this spot to friends.Special Features:
- DisappointingDocStevenDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I wanted to try a different restaurant for our date night. We'd been to Cedar Creek with a larger group of family a couple years ago and had a good experience. After this experience we won't go back. The server announced the specials and some of the details (rice instead of mashed potatoes) was wrong, and a half chicken dish that my wife ordered had sauce on it that was not described in the menu. My blackened Mahi Mahi was covered in some kind of relish and the fish itself was hard to taste at all. Another odd thing was when the meal was finished the server place the bill in front of my wife when it was very clear that I was taking care of it. Seems like people keep coming here but we won't be one of them!
- Cedar CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014This was our first experience at Cedar Creek. Had dinner there prior to a show at the Coach House. The dinner and show were for my wife's birthday. Overall rating was very good, and would have been outstanding if they would have remembered the event was a birthday celebration, which I advised when I booked the reservation on line. Unfortunately I did not follow up with that info via a phone call or at the restaurant and no mention of the occasion was ever made by the restaurant staff. Our server was great and the food was good.
- SJC Cedar Creek Inn RocksMaryLouiseDined on 8/29/2014It's not easy to find a restaurant for a party of 7. Everything from start to finish about our group's visit was pleasing. Our location on the patio was very comfortable. Our server Juliette was one of the best I have ever experienced in a casual dining venue. She missed nothing. The food was very good. We had at least 5 different entrees and everything looked and tasted great. The manager Javier came to our table when he learned that it was our first visit. We will have to go back to try one of the special Margaritas he touted. We would definitely eat here again. Bravo Cedar Creek Inn!Special Features:
- UnbeatableHaileyDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Hostess and greeting area are beautiful and welcoming. Patio dining is the best. So many excellent choices on the menu. Always trying something new. The potato skins with guacamole are excellent. Burger and salads always hit the spot. Do not leave without having the fresh fruit lush for dessert. Servers are always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceLisaKDined on 8/24/2014We have dined at Cedar Creek many times, but I must say that the service we received from Rueben last Sunday was exceptional. It is rare that you are have a server that truly likes their job and enjoys interacting with the guests...well Rueben does! The food was wonderful as always and the ambience on the patio is spectacular.Special Features:
- ALWAYS RELIABLE1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've been dining at Cedar Creek for over 20 years but moved out of the area last year. On a recent visit home, I was happy to see the same high quality that's kept me a customer so many years. I had the Ahi Salad and my Sister had the Grilled Ahi Burger. The Ahi is some of the best I've had anywhere and its a longtime staple on the menu. The greens were crisp and delicious with either an Asian sesame or creamy balsamic dressing. Service was prompt and friendly. There is no challenging or "haute cuisine" here, but it is always fresh, good and reliable. Go to Cedar Creek when everything has to be right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Road Noise, Low ChairsPickyFrenchLadyDined on 8/17/2014Sun. night at 6-patio seating. Chairs so low - chin on the table - they a higher one. Service was good, not smothering. Road noise from intersection outside (restaurant on a busy corner). Prices very fair for quality....I had Scampi with pasta, my friend had nightly special, Mahi Mahi with seafood crusted (shrimp, crab,?)---said it was good. Scampi was excellent. Veggies done perfectly, nice presentation, correct seasonings.....tho both dishes had a hefty sprinkling of capers...I love them, she does not. All-in-all a nice place for dinner. Wine list has good ones reasonably priced. We lingered - no push for us to leave. Will definitely go back. My friend had eaten many times at restaurant in Palm Springs...happy to find one locally.Special Features:
- Great dinner!!LuvfishDined on 8/15/2014Our family of four had dinner on a Friday night. We were able to get a table for 7pm. The filet and rack of lamb was phenomenal. The coconut cake was amazing. The service was great as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- AmbianceVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were really impressed with the food, service, and ambiance of the place. The outside patio was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever1foodiehereDined on 8/8/2014I've never had to ask for a new server until eating here. I brought in my mother in law who is about to die and my 88 year old grandma from LA. Our waiter was so rude and horrible that I asked for a new server. The manager should have offered a discount or a free dessert or something. Very disappointed in this "nice" restaurant.Special Features:
- Great find in San Juan CapistranohanneyDined on 8/6/2014We had a lovely dinner at the Cedar Creek Inn. The ambiance on the deck is great and all of our food was really delicious!Special Features:
- Great for Out of Townersotter352Dined on 8/6/2014Took my San Francisco friend here for an evening meal out on the open air seating area, which views into the old Mission. Excellent service; very good food; and low enough noise level so that you can hear one another speak. Gave my friend a tour of the Mission area with all the very nice shops around to cover all tastes. Restaurant very conveniently located near hotels and parking in the back is ample. Main entry off the parking lot, not facing the MissiionSpecial Features:
- Great Local PlaceNaranjaVIPDined on 8/5/2014We love to have lunch here, but this time an early dinner was delightful. The patio is so relaxing.Special Features:
- Not worth your timeFineDineDined on 8/2/2014Order deep fried green beans aa appetizer. Just ok. Ordered cedar planked salmon. Good not great. Ordered flier mignon. WAY OVERCOOKED. Sent it back. Now almost steak tartare. Service was above average. Manager did offer to give us the appetizer for free. Insisted on taking off the steak. After a short debate manager agreed. Would not go back or recommend
- love it!alwysout2eatDined on 8/2/2014Went for my fathers birthday. We had great service, very attentive and greatly enjoyed all the various items we ordered. thank you for such an enjoyable experience there were two very large parties in the dining room and our service was spot on, as if we were the only ones in the restaurant and thats difficult to do!!!! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor lunchKatherineHDined on 8/1/2014Our outdoor seating was great. We were at a shaded table with a nice breeze on a Friday afternoon. The food and service were good & we were happy with the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Chicken, Baked EntreeTeacherVIPDined on 7/27/2014I had the above entrée which I requested it be cut-up and the chicken skin removed with fresh spices added to the meat. They did so. The lemon sauce was served on the side, as I asked for, but it was way too tart. I suggest the chef devise a more savory taste of olive oil with garlic, parsley instead. I took it home and added this on top of the chicken instead. We had the baked cheese potato skins as an appetizer, the house salad with the nuts on the side and all was delicious. I'd like to see more Italian dishes and seafood on this menu. For the vegetable, the carrots were great with the mini zucchini. I'd also like to see spinach with garlic as a choice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They try to do too much.savorerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We like to bring guests to Cedar Creek Inn and have always found it to be dependable. Our last visit was a disappointment. I ordered the chicken stir fry. The chicken looked like pre-packaged chunks and were very tough. The vegetables were cut into very large pieces, and had to be cut into bite-size. The sauce barely had an Asian influence. I could not detect soy sauce. I strongly suggest that this selection be taken off the menu. I've eaten here many times before and have enjoyed, the tuna melt, the spinach salad, the hamburger, the chicken curry salad on a papaya and the French dip beef. We love the setting, so we will come again. But I will warn friends to stay away from the chicken stir fry and I will never order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodellieDined on 7/24/2014We have dined here for lunch and dinner many times over the last several years. In all those years I have never had a bad experience. The food is always good, sometimes great. Cedar Creek Inn is a place to take friends who want really good food at a decent price.Special Features:
- AgntnAgnleonrfpDined on 7/20/2014The food and service is excellent. If you have the opportunity, request to be seated outdoors on the patio.Special Features:
- Cedar Creek Inn - Neighborhood GemSanJuanFoodieDined on 7/19/2014It's so great to have a restaurant so close to home that has outstanding service, quality food, great ambiance and entertainment to boot! I've had brunch at the restaurant before (lemon pancakes and Monte Cristos are outstanding), but had not had dinner. Food was very good! Crabcakes, ahi appetizer were fresh and flavorful. My steak was cooked to perfection. The house margaritas are the BEST! Live music was wonderful yet did not compete with the dining / chatting experience. Service was fast, friendly and so efficient. I will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in SJCLSCatsDined on 7/19/2014Our party of 3 had lunch at Cedar Creek Inn yesterday to celebrate my mother's 91st birthday. We were very pleased with the food, service and ambiance. Portions were large and the food was very fresh. I loved my chicken curry salad served in a papaya. The fish special was beautiful. The server was friendly and helpful. Because we had a reservation and there was a light crowd we were able to get a table near a window. But some of the other inside tables could be a bit dark.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot off the 5JeezocripesVIPDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed the halibut for lunch in a very friendly San Juan setting on the patio. Great business lunch spot.Special Features:
- Lovely setting and a nice variety.savorerVIPDined on 7/14/2014Cedar Creek Inn is our favorite spot for lunch. When guests are in from out of town, we like to take them there. It's location is perfect for a visit to the Mission and the garden setting is delightful. I've tried many things on the menu and all of them have been delicious. This time, my guest and I shared the tuna melt with fries and the spinach salad. It was the perfect combination with ice tea on the side. The service is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed our server who was honest about how delicious an entree was. We should have listened because we 3 didn't enjoy the short ribs. Patio was pleasant and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnpretentiousEatWellDined on 7/11/2014Great food in a relaxed atmosphere. The menu has something for every taste.Special Features:
- A favoriteMac1VIPDined on 7/11/2014We love Cedar Creek and eat there regularly. The calamari is the best we've had outside of South Africa. The eggplant sandwich is delicious as is the pasta. We always bring friends and family when they come to visit. Cedar creeks view of the mission in San Juan is beautiful as is the gorgeous patio.Special Features:
- Great outdoor ambianceKimpozVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went here after viewing a play across the street. We sat outdoors. We had reservations but arrivd early. Although busy, they had our table ready. All servers were friendly. Foor was great. Great ambiance outdoors. Fun evening dinner with friendsSpecial Features:
- Best Huevos Rancheros!MTGofOCDined on 7/6/2014We eat brunch here at least twice a month. Best Huevos Rancheros around! Also you have to try the lemon ricotta pancakes...everything is good! If I am having lunch I get the Papaya Chicken salad. You also have to save room for the coconut cake...outstanding!Special Features:
- mrs.mrsmrDined on 7/5/2014We use to enjoy this place but would not go back again.Special Features:
- not so goodbethDined on 6/30/2014Third time at this restaurant was not the charm. Two at our table who ordered steaks had to send them back because they were overcooked. The roasted potatoes were dry and overbrowned. My salad seemed to have been in the part of the bowl that missed the dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.