Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano
26860 Ortega Highway
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Neighborhood:
San Juan Capistrano
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekinn.com/
- Phone: 9492402229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adrian Rojas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Various vocalists, piano, and guitar music can be enjoyed Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings
A word from Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano
The Ayres family has been serving up fantastic Steaks, Chops, Ahi Sandwiches, Signature Salads, and House-made Desserts for decades. Each location presents a lively atmosphere where friends and neighbors can be seen table-hopping while business associates hammer out important deals.Continued
There is fireside dining in the main dining room as well as the tree-shaded patio facing the magnificent San Juan Capistrano Mission.
There is fireside dining in the main dining room as well as the tree-shaded patio facing the magnificent San Juan Capistrano Mission.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano - Best Restaurants in San Juan Capistrano ›
Cedar Creek Inn - San Juan Capistrano reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (100)neighborhood gem (70)great for lunch (66)great for brunch (41)special occasion (38)good for groups (37)kid-friendly (25)fit for foodies (24)romantic (24)scenic view (18)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- BirthdayBurkeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were reminiscing about the great memories we had while our sons were little. It was our son's girlfriends 21st birthday dinner the food and wine were great and our request for a whole toll house pie as a birthday cake was granted. Special thanks to Juliette she took great care of the 7 of us. Looking forward to our return. Bob BurkeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!PipaDined on 10/11/2014Very Enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great spotJeanaDined on 10/10/2014Great neighborhood restaurant much needed in San Juan Capistrano. Food is always wonderful ,always a vibrat crowd . Love to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a good thing?TravelartmusicDined on 10/9/2014I have always liked Cedar Creek. I still like it. I have only one piece of advice for them: one waiter is enough. Two waiters is more than enough, but three waiters is just annoying. I was with a friend and we couldn't get more than two words out when a waiter would come by to ask how everything was. Then another. Then another. I think one may have been a busboy but he acted like a waiter. I'm sure it must have been because they were slow due to the early hour we dined. It is a nice place, beautifully decorated, and a great location if you're going to the playhouse.Special Features:
- Proactive StaffSDCVDinerDined on 10/5/2014We had a reservation for lunch on a very warm day. The staff called me in the morning to ask whether we preferred indoor or patio seating, which I appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and pleasant.............PipaDined on 10/4/2014Keep up the good work.............................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodellieDined on 10/3/2014Have been coming here for years for lunch & dinner. Prefer the patio when weather permits but it's great inside too. Good food, good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendSallyDined on 10/3/2014If you have any way of finding out who served us that night, I want to give her a glowing report. She was attentive yet let us be on our own to visit and enjoy our dining experience. Please give her a commendation. Wonderful atmosphere, service, and food.Special Features:
- Coconut CakeabcdefghijjkDined on 10/1/2014I had the Seared Ahi salad which was wonderful. The other three in my part were less happy with their entrees. As usual, the coconut cake made the party. Service is excellent, but coffee is horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually slow serviceECGRVIPDined on 9/28/2014Cedar Creek is always one of my favorite restaurants, a place I enjoy taking friends and family. On this visit it took over an hour from the time we ordered our food to receive our appetizers. SInce I had been there before I knew this was unusual but for those with me who were there the first time could only assume it was the norm. Happily the food was very good but the wait inexcusable for any restaurant. With the hopes of improved service, I will eventually return to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and food as alwaysXladyDined on 9/27/2014We love CCI for many reasons but it is consistent with food and service.Special Features:
- Not the best experiencefrenchkidDined on 9/26/2014Have been many times and always loved the patio setting and the food. This time we came for dinner before the play and it was less than expected...... had a difficult time getting service, poor service continued throughout our visit, and had to ask manager for check so we could get out in time for the play. Would definitely NOT sit in this section again if same server was on. But this was definitely unusual as we have never had the problem in previous dining experiences. In fact, one of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14meDined on 9/26/2014Great food - great service. Always a pleasure to take friends there, always something everyone will enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back again!luv2lunchoutDined on 9/24/2014Met a friend I only see twice a year. We lingered after a wonderful lunch to continue our conversation. It was quiet enough for us to be able to hear each other and enjoy our visit. No one bothered us or encouraged us to leave. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable diningPOPCDined on 9/21/2014Professional wait staff. Menu has wide variety of choices.Special Features:
- SJC - middle ground btwn SD and LApartyof5Dined on 9/21/2014I love to go to Cedar Creek in SJC and Brea. This is a good middle spot when I meet up with friends from LA/Pasadena/Glendale and San Diego. Then the community is perfect for just leisurely walking around. Across from my favorite mission in the CA mission system, lovely to tour... never a disappointment - even non Christians appreciate its beauty & historic significance.Special Features:
- always our favorite!aprilk467Dined on 9/20/2014We have luncheons 3-4 times per year and we have been coming here for about 3 years and always love it! We have from 12-20 and they are always accommodating.... And even do separate checks for each diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Lov2dineDined on 9/18/2014We had a birthday gal and they remembered it was her birthday and went out of their way to make her feel special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Lovely spot, but not good for groups.......restaurant's policy of only one check per group makes it VERY difficult for us to sort outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLHmamaDined on 9/17/2014I came here for a birthday, and was very disappointed by the service and the noise level. We were there early 11;30 and the service was slow, not attentive, and the noise level at that hour was awful. There were 3 on us and we had to lean in to each other to talk and be heard. I may come back for patio dining, but never again inside.Special Features:
- Server made the expiernceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I come here at least once a month. This time we had a WONDERFUL server, Juliet, who we will ask for in the future. She was very pleasant, explained the specials and she didn't hover/try to rush us. My husband had the prime rib, once the entree was delivered he realized that he didn't ask for raw horseradish. Juliet stopped by to check on our meal and he asked her for the horseradish. Usually when you ask for something, you have to wait and wait to get the item, but not with Juliet. She got the item and returned promptly. What a wonderful experience we had and as mentioned previously we will ask to be seated in her section the next time. We enjoy the restaurant, but Juliet's service was a nice plus!Special Features:
- Cedar creek innCnccalifdiningDined on 9/10/2014We have been here before and the good memories did not disappoint. What a lovely interior. Service was excellent We love the patio but this time we are inside as it was a very hot day. Great food- what more could you ask for? What about a Chico's next door! They have that too.Special Features:
- Always Good!ProntoDined on 9/9/2014We have lived in San Juan and moved away and yet we still meet friends here as a 1/2 way spot between San Diego & Palos Verdes. The food is consistently good with ample portions. The service stays true (often) to the San Juan heritage with Spanish/English speaking servers. Everyone is professional and friendly and they take reservations.Special Features:
- Sea Food SaladNewporterVIPDined on 9/7/2014Cedar Creek has by far the best Seafood Salad! Filled with large Shrimp, Scallops and Crab it's the perfect lunch or dinner. Our service was average, we think our waitress was new.Special Features:
- Ok but not outstandingNosmoKingDined on 9/6/2014Went there for lunch on a Saturday. We were quickly and courteouly seated. Service was fine, particularly given that the patio filled up fast. We were served the ultimate BLTs and a croissant chicken sandwich. The BLTs could have had another piece of bacon, as one is a bit thin for me. The chicken sandwich was also a bit low on spice. It was supposed to be curried chicken and was bland. Sides of onion rings and cole slaw were good.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!LaurieDined on 9/3/2014Out of 10 people at our table, all 10 raved about the delicious food, gorgeous patio, top of the line waiter, and ample parking...all at a reasonable price! Our lunch gathering was transformed into a memorable event. Thank you Cedar Creek Inn for making that possible!Special Features:
- Mission adjunctBillVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is a great place to have a meal before or after a visit to the San Juan Capistrano mission. The food, service and ambiance are very pleasant indeed.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGuestDined on 8/31/2014It was perfect for a romantic dinner and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- ObieDined on 8/30/2014Loved sitting on the patio. The wait staff was very friendly but not over bearing. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food choice. I would not hesitate to recommend this spot to friends.Special Features:
- DisappointingDocStevenDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I wanted to try a different restaurant for our date night. We'd been to Cedar Creek with a larger group of family a couple years ago and had a good experience. After this experience we won't go back. The server announced the specials and some of the details (rice instead of mashed potatoes) was wrong, and a half chicken dish that my wife ordered had sauce on it that was not described in the menu. My blackened Mahi Mahi was covered in some kind of relish and the fish itself was hard to taste at all. Another odd thing was when the meal was finished the server place the bill in front of my wife when it was very clear that I was taking care of it. Seems like people keep coming here but we won't be one of them!
- Cedar CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014This was our first experience at Cedar Creek. Had dinner there prior to a show at the Coach House. The dinner and show were for my wife's birthday. Overall rating was very good, and would have been outstanding if they would have remembered the event was a birthday celebration, which I advised when I booked the reservation on line. Unfortunately I did not follow up with that info via a phone call or at the restaurant and no mention of the occasion was ever made by the restaurant staff. Our server was great and the food was good.
- SJC Cedar Creek Inn RocksMaryLouiseDined on 8/29/2014It's not easy to find a restaurant for a party of 7. Everything from start to finish about our group's visit was pleasing. Our location on the patio was very comfortable. Our server Juliette was one of the best I have ever experienced in a casual dining venue. She missed nothing. The food was very good. We had at least 5 different entrees and everything looked and tasted great. The manager Javier came to our table when he learned that it was our first visit. We will have to go back to try one of the special Margaritas he touted. We would definitely eat here again. Bravo Cedar Creek Inn!Special Features:
- UnbeatableHaileyDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Hostess and greeting area are beautiful and welcoming. Patio dining is the best. So many excellent choices on the menu. Always trying something new. The potato skins with guacamole are excellent. Burger and salads always hit the spot. Do not leave without having the fresh fruit lush for dessert. Servers are always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceLisaKDined on 8/24/2014We have dined at Cedar Creek many times, but I must say that the service we received from Rueben last Sunday was exceptional. It is rare that you are have a server that truly likes their job and enjoys interacting with the guests...well Rueben does! The food was wonderful as always and the ambience on the patio is spectacular.Special Features:
- ALWAYS RELIABLE1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've been dining at Cedar Creek for over 20 years but moved out of the area last year. On a recent visit home, I was happy to see the same high quality that's kept me a customer so many years. I had the Ahi Salad and my Sister had the Grilled Ahi Burger. The Ahi is some of the best I've had anywhere and its a longtime staple on the menu. The greens were crisp and delicious with either an Asian sesame or creamy balsamic dressing. Service was prompt and friendly. There is no challenging or "haute cuisine" here, but it is always fresh, good and reliable. Go to Cedar Creek when everything has to be right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Road Noise, Low ChairsPickyFrenchLadyDined on 8/17/2014Sun. night at 6-patio seating. Chairs so low - chin on the table - they a higher one. Service was good, not smothering. Road noise from intersection outside (restaurant on a busy corner). Prices very fair for quality....I had Scampi with pasta, my friend had nightly special, Mahi Mahi with seafood crusted (shrimp, crab,?)---said it was good. Scampi was excellent. Veggies done perfectly, nice presentation, correct seasonings.....tho both dishes had a hefty sprinkling of capers...I love them, she does not. All-in-all a nice place for dinner. Wine list has good ones reasonably priced. We lingered - no push for us to leave. Will definitely go back. My friend had eaten many times at restaurant in Palm Springs...happy to find one locally.Special Features:
- Great dinner!!LuvfishDined on 8/15/2014Our family of four had dinner on a Friday night. We were able to get a table for 7pm. The filet and rack of lamb was phenomenal. The coconut cake was amazing. The service was great as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- AmbianceVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were really impressed with the food, service, and ambiance of the place. The outside patio was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever1foodiehereDined on 8/8/2014I've never had to ask for a new server until eating here. I brought in my mother in law who is about to die and my 88 year old grandma from LA. Our waiter was so rude and horrible that I asked for a new server. The manager should have offered a discount or a free dessert or something. Very disappointed in this "nice" restaurant.Special Features:
- Great find in San Juan CapistranohanneyDined on 8/6/2014We had a lovely dinner at the Cedar Creek Inn. The ambiance on the deck is great and all of our food was really delicious!Special Features: