Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
20 Pointe Drive
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekinn.com/
- Phone: 7142555600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Everardo Casteneda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful private dining room can accommodate up to twenty guests, while the all-weather, covered outdoor dining area provides fireside dining for up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Diane/Patty 7142555600
- Entertainment: Various vocalists, piano, and guitar music can be enjoyed Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
The Ayres family has been serving up fantastic Steaks, Chops, Ahi Sandwiches, Signature Salads and House-made Desserts for decades. Each location bears a lively atmosphere where friends and neighbors can be seen table-hopping while business associates hammer out important deals.Continued
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)good for groups (75)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (71)great for lunch (60)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (38)vibrant bar scene (24)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- I've had better...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014The wife and I brought our good friends here for their first time. We'd told them about CCI for years as we have been celebrating special occasions there for a decade. Unfortunately, the service at our table was not up to our expectations (in attentive server, asking if we wanted water refills when all of our glasses were near empty, server seemed concerned with other matters in the back area and not the floor). If that had been our first time I would not be going back. Oh, and a huge (approx. 2" long cocroach scurried from under our table and across the floor. I did not point it out to the rest of the party partially out of embarrassment, and partially out of denial. Come on CCI. You should be better than this! Food and drinks were great!Special Features:
- Poor service, cold foodEetingDined on 10/19/2014We had a party of 6 for a birthday, and all had poor service and complaints about the food. The server was incredibly slow and very forgetful; everything we requested had to be re-requested 2 & 3 times - most frustrating. Then the food: one of our party specifically ordered prime rib "medium," but it was served very rare and she couldn't finish it. Another person received her food dead cold - not even warm, which says that the server was, once again, too slow to bring the food when it was ready. And when we asked for a second basket of bread (which was ordered BEFORE the end of brunch time), it FINALLY came AFTER brunch time was over and was not the bread that we enjoyed during brunch. And on it goes... Never again to Cedar Creek.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Very nice menu. A classic dining experience. A pretty traditional menu and environment. Very good food a place that makes me think of taking my grandparents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014When we want to be sure we will have a good dining experience, we choose Cedar Creek. The outstanding customer service is unbeatable. The food is also delicious.Special Features:
- Another great evening.AamyluvDined on 10/15/2014Went here while my sister was in town. The food was exceptionally great that evening. My sister appreciated the gluten free menu, especially the large choice of gluten free desserts! The pomegranate martini was awesome! Salmon was delicious! Great evening all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with friendsgigiDined on 10/13/2014We all ordered different salads and we were all very pleased with our selection. Each salad was excellent. Our server was there when we needed him, but knew when to leave us alone.Special Features:
- 101114Dined on 10/11/2014Would come back just for the "Coconut Shrimp" appetizer Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clos2023Dined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was extremely polite and hospitable. She recommended your featured dish, which was amazing. She had a smile and brought everything to the table in a timely manner. Overall, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Lovely Afternoon!DianeDined on 10/11/2014We went to lunch for my sisters birthday and everything was great. The food was delicious the ambiance was perfect and the service was great! I have been to this restaurant many times, mostly for special occasions, and I have never been disappointed. Thank you for a lovely afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLovetoeatDined on 10/10/2014We were seated right away, our server remembered us from our last visit, which was at least a year ago. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is great! Our server was excellent, prices are great. Really this place is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerflyboyDined on 10/8/2014I made reservations for Cedar Creek Inn through Open Table for my 20th Wedding Anniversary Dinner. Through the Open Table site I added notes to my reservation noting that it was our 20th and everyone from the host to the server welcomed us and congratulated us on our Anniversary. It was a very nice touch. We were seated immediately even though we were about 10 minutes early for our 6:30 PM reservation. My wife is on a Gluten Free Diet due to a medical condition, I had mentioned that in the notes as well and when we were seated there was already a Gluten Free Menu there for her, normally we have to ask for one but not at Cedar Creek Inn. Service was excellent, food was great, and the server even brought us a complimentary dessert. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wonderful eveningCalYDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Cedar Creek. We had been talking about and looking forward to the Appetizer sampler for quite some time and it did not disappoint. Everything on the sampler was delicious and the mix was really special. My wife had the prime rib blackened. It was a huge cut and very tender. My daughter had the chicken and I had the seared ahi salad. My ahi was seared to perfection and the pieces were huge. A great time with great food.Special Features:
- new found all american restaurantfoodnwineDined on 10/4/2014broad menu.....great bar....a wait staff that knows their food....and comfortable ambiance add to that a reasonable price for a dinner for 4.....and we will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time! BUT......PBWIZARDDined on 10/4/2014We had 13 at dinner. We live in Brea but have never been to Cedar Creek Inn! Food was GREAT! BUT..AlthoughI am sure the waitress was "overwhelmed" She had a tendacy to show a side to her we didn't like. When you asked for something when it seemed like it irritated her, She just didn't answer you. My kids came late (but still in time to eat) Waitress was obvioulsy irritated when they asked for a Menu. Not our favorite waitress. She seems to "pretend" she is happy to wait on you, But she doesn't know many of us could see her irritation. We called IN ADVANCE and asked someone over the phone if everyone could have "seperate checks" and we were told YES! Waitress said NO! Until I complained to her, and told her I called in advance to make sure!Special Features:
- Great dining/Outstanding servicedinnerdateDined on 10/4/2014We're are lucky to live close to this great restaurant. The menu has something for everyone. We dine there at least once a month and try something new every time. Best appetizer on the menu "Calamari" yum. The service is never disappointing. The servers are attentive, knowledgeable of the menu and most pleasant and engaging. Our grandson is 9 years old and he always enjoys himself when he accompanies us for family dinner.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure1ChomperDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I always enjoy Cedar Creek. The large scale, warm wood interior has a touch of dining in Montana. The service is always excellent. The food is consistently very good and often it is great. Happy hour is good too. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great lunch place!63theaterDined on 10/4/2014I have been coming to the Cedar Creek for years where I usually meet a group for lunch. The restaurant offers a great variety of wonderful salads, sandwiches, etc. which appeals to different dining preferences. The staff is friendly and one is never rushed. The lemon /raspberry tart is delicious. They serve wonderful Bloody Mary's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RugertheRottDined on 10/3/2014Service was poor. Food was so-so, not up to meals we've had there on several occasions. An anomaly or an emerging pattern? We'll visit Cedar Creek again just to verify.
- Little Too Noisy for Me but GoodJoeBDined on 10/2/2014Friends and I go here once every couple of months or so and we're never disappointed with regard to the quality of the meal and the level of customer service. But I don't know if it's the layout of the building or what but regardless of the number of patrons, the noise level is always high. We were there most recently on a Thursday night and there weren't many other people there yet, it still seemed quite noisy. But, that aside, the Cedar Creek Inn has become a regular dining spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotFoodieVIPDined on 10/2/2014Cedar Creek Inn is a great local spot. There is an emphasis on garlic, but if garlic is not your thing, request that it be omitted and you can truly taste the fresh flavors -favorites are cedar blank salmon and rack of lamb. The pecan crusted chicken was dry, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was great but when we walked in the noise level was very high. I know that is hard to control but it was so bad I was very aware of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantd3leesDined on 9/25/2014Cedar Creek does not disappoint! All the food is fresh and delicious. The cedar plank salmon is perfection! Just melts in your mouth! All of their salads pastas, fish, sandwiches, and entrees are exceptional!!! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food is good, not great but very good. Prime rib has been a little tough, so I might stay away from that. Service is fast, ambiance is nice and the bar has a great singer. It's a nice go to spot for a nice dinner and some great bar jazz.Special Features:
- Great foodMrcantinaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Well as always Cedar Creed came through once again with good food and service. I really like going to this location as its a bit off the beaten path and so not quite so busy. That being said there is nothing wrong with the San Juan Capistrano location and the same holds true about the food and service there also. Wat did I have for dinner? Of course the Ahi Burger. Always a excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, Great serviceAllyDined on 9/14/2014Delicious brunch, attentive service. We went for a birthday celebration and all 10 of us had a great experience.Special Features:
- DebbyDined on 9/13/2014service was fine (checked one time during meal), garlic bread was great. The house salad was good. I had NY strip steak which had a great pepper bourbon sauces, but it was tough and tasted like it had been tenderized. For dessert we had chocolate cake w/ ice cream...huge piece (7.97), icing was best part, cake was a bit doughy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Creek never disappointsseasonsDined on 9/13/2014Been toCC many times this time I opted for the special. John Dowey white fish with mushroom risotto. The fish was lightly breaded and very moist. Risotto was perfect. You must have the warmed coconut cake for desert. Plenty to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrannyNDined on 9/11/2014I have been to Cedar Creek several times and have always had a good dining experience. Food is consistently good and service is good. Would recommend Cedar Creek to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Mine is bigger than yoursPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/9/2014The portion sizes seem to vary from order to order. The couple next to us had so much calamari they had to get a box to take it home. We didn't seem to have that problem.Special Features:
- Wonderful tine!luv2dineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went to celebrate a friend's birthday and our party of 10 had a wonderful time. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 9/5/2014Best thing I like is the well-trained and conscientious staff. The place is pretty, relaxing and the food is good. But the service brings me back. So good to be with service staff who know what they are doing.Special Features:
- Excellent all the way aroundsusieDined on 9/5/2014I am never disappointed when dining at Cedar Creek. This time around was for my Fiancé's birthday. It was his first time and he was quite impressed. Nathaniel, our waiter, provided outstanding service and ensured our dining experience was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Old School" DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Definitely not bad. Food selection is good, but food taste was just ok. No big deal as some might suggest. On the pricey side for food taste and overal offerings. "1980s fancy dining", Dark lighting, loud.Special Features:
- Bar actionPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/2/2014Sometimes it seems that the appetizer portions vary from one day to the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambianceJacklynnDined on 9/2/2014I always enjoy Cedar Creek, but mostly for the environment. The staff is nice and I enjoy the ambiance in the evening. My only "gripe" is that there isn't enough healthy options @ lunch. Food is a bit heavy. Would eat there more often with lighter, healthy but tasty optipns for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food & service was outstanding! We try to dine with you as often as we can. We've had many successful Family dining experiences with you--Brunch, Lunch & Dinner. We find your atmosphere more pleasant than the SummitHouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!LARSDined on 8/29/2014We've never been disappointed with the food or service at Cedar Creek Inn. It's one of our favorite places to dine. Highly recommend it - there's something for everyone.Special Features:
- Kindness and Comfortmj93kimDined on 8/27/2014I feel good because of the comfort and kindness. My family had a great time during dinner. I am willing to recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednomorepapayaDined on 8/27/2014Tuesday I brought a party of 7 women. Firstly, the waiter wanted a drink order as we sat down without the entire party being there. He seemed perturbed that we didn't jump at his request. So, I must admit, I made a "what the heck?" look. We then proceeded to order drinks. (the drinks, according to others in the group, were less than correctly made). I ordered a chicken papaya salad, which I have done before. The salad that was brought to me was very clearly a leftover from lunch...or even longer ago. I had to cut the bread with a knife and the salad itself was not fresh, as it should have been. I was afraid to send it back for fear of getting a reprisal. I am speaking only for my dinner and not for the rest...other than the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ciciDined on 8/24/2014We always enjoy our dining expierence and especially the Coconut Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.