Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
20 Pointe Drive
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekinn.com/
- Phone: 7142555600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Everardo Casteneda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful private dining room can accommodate up to twenty guests, while the all-weather, covered outdoor dining area provides fireside dining for up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Diane/Patty 7142555600
- Entertainment: Various vocalists, piano, and guitar music can be enjoyed Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
The Ayres family has been serving up fantastic Steaks, Chops, Ahi Sandwiches, Signature Salads and House-made Desserts for decades. Each location bears a lively atmosphere where friends and neighbors can be seen table-hopping while business associates hammer out important deals.Continued
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (69)romantic (63)great for lunch (53)great for outdoor dining (45)great for brunch (41)fit for foodies (36)vibrant bar scene (32)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- Don't ask for split bills...BizTravVIPDined on 7/24/2014The service was mediocre but nothing terrible. However, at the end of the meal, we asked for split bills. We were told to ask at the beginning (maybe we should have asked but nothing was on the menu requiring it). She didn't want to do it....said she would have to void the entire order and re-ring it. Well, we were on business so we needed split bills. Her attitude changed. It was horrendous. She became rude and standoffish....over splitting the bill. She ruined her tip from all 4 of us because of it. It was so stupid to get angry, take it out on us, and just be rude because of it. Sad....
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014I have never had a bad meal here. The ambiance is nice, the food is very good and the prices are fair. I always have a positive experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphereanwarsfavorite2014VIPDined on 7/22/2014I found out about this restaurant from open table and was really impressed with the service, surroundings and quality of food. We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was well worth it and we will plan to go back to the restaurant and perhaps will bring our friends next time. Thank you open table for recommending a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Always pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Food was good service was good. When I made the Open Table reservation I had stipulated that it was a birthday lunch and they ignored it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab for the ladies who lunch!AamyluvDined on 7/19/2014I went to brunch there with 2 of my dearest friends. We had a wonderful time! The food was delicious. The service was superb. We sat and ate and drank and caught up with our lives and it was fabulous! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Don't go too far it's right in BreaWork4foodDined on 7/18/2014Great Beverly Hills style Restuarant in our own backyard. The food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationfood4theheartDined on 7/18/2014When making the reservations, I told them it was an anniversary celebration. Upon arriving at the restaurant, I again let them know it was an anniversary celebration. At the end of the meal, nothing was acknowledged regarding the anniversary. It was a letdown being that we brought our friends there for dinner to celebrate their anniversary. Wait staff needs to follow through on special occasions. Our waiter only checked back with us one time shortly after food arrived and of course never mentioned an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PokerQueenDined on 7/15/2014The prime rib was delish--cooked to medium-rare perfection. We were celebrating an anniversary and the service was outstanding. This is one of our favorite restaurants and they never disappoint.Special Features:
- Great food.yum101Dined on 7/2/2014Loved the prime rib. Blistered Peppers were interesting too. We were seated right away. Service was above average. Oddly for a fairly expensive restaurant the silverware looked like something purchased at a 99 cent store. But that didn't matter to me. Romantic lighting. Good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and ambienceTonesDined on 7/2/2014Our waitress, Candice was wonderful and others that helped her were great too.Special Features:
- topdogDined on 6/28/2014nice restaurant with good food selection and entertainmentSpecial Features:
- Returning CustomerwillBreturningDined on 6/26/2014I've been to this restaurant several times and always had friendly and accommodating waiters/waitresses. The waitress last night was exceptional! Although very busy, she checked on us more than four times. She even had another employee take photos of our birthday celebration as she was terribly busy with the dinner rush. I wish I remembered her name to commend her attentiveness to our table and even allowed us to stay and talk although she was nearing her end of duty. As always, I enjoyed the food, service and ambiance. Even the desk person (female) was friendly and more than patient with one very "needy" person with many demands in our group. Thank you for a wonderful evening for four senior women!Special Features:
- Brunch or Bust!fyi2014Dined on 6/22/2014Been here many times but only for breakfast and brunch. Decided to have a birthday dinner with friends and family. What a bust! Food was very average and service was even worse. Pasta was all lumped together (over cooked) so pointed out to the manager. He was nice enough to take it off the bill. However, he had no answer for the server's disappearing act. Disappointed and embarrassed to have suuggested this restaurant for a special dinner.Special Features:
- tucumcariDined on 6/22/2014Seated immediately upon arrival. Brandon (our server) was very friendly and prompt. Recommend the Crab Cake Benedict and the brunch Mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!RobandmeDined on 6/15/2014First time at the Brea restaurant. Couldn't have been a nicer Father's Day for my husband and the family. The variety of food that suits any appetite is outstanding. You have to come back and try something different each time. I had the braised short ribs. This item is rarely on menus. It was delicious! The meat selection was generous and the side portions were just right. I was lucky to get a same day reservation and as soon as we arrived they seated us with no wait. Usually, with a reservation there seems to be a 15-30 minute wait. It was expensive but well worth it. This is a great restaurant to celebrate special occasions. As a matter of fact, we will be returning for my 50th birthday this October!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014We hadn't been here is several years and it was just as good as we remembered. My daughter and son-in-law took me here for fathers day and it was very enjpyable. Food and service were excellant. I would definitely recommend the rack of lamb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime RibkmonrealDined on 6/15/2014We took Dad there for Father's Day and had a great time! Three of us ordered prime rib and everyone had a great meal. If you're looking for a menued brunch, Cedar Creek has a good variety of items on their menu. I was also surprised at how quickly our food arrive, the service was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing food!MARIA6167VIPDined on 6/14/2014I can't help to keep coming back to this wonderful restaurant! It seems like every time I come here, I try something different and the food is even better than the last time! This is definitely a great restaurant with amazing food.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceWilliamsDined on 6/14/2014I have been for after work cocktails and recently took my husband to dinner for Father's Day. Food, wine, entertainment was just amazing. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southbaysouthbayDined on 6/14/2014Good food, great service and nice ambiance. Our first time here but won't be our last!Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerWagsDined on 6/14/2014We had a dinner reservation for two, on a Saturday evening, and wanted to enjoy a romantic evening. We were seated at a table so large, we both had to lean forward to talk. Two tables over a baby was crying (which of course, is not the restaurant's fault). Despite these setbacks, the FOOD WAS SO DELICIOUS and the SERVICE SO FRIENDLY, we will DEFINITELY GO BACK. Hubby had the Rack of Lamb and I had the Wild Shrimp with crème fraiche mashed potatoes. Yummy! Our wine was a perfect pairing to the entrees (Petit Syrah).Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceOutstandingVIPDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Cedar Creek. Their coconut shrimp is unequalled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 6/13/2014I took my parents to your restaurant for Father's Day. Unfortunately, my baked potato was not very hot ( the butter would not melt), my steak was over-cooked and my mother's steak was under-cooked. The server was very nice but I think she was easily confused and mixed my mother's order with mine. I traded plates with my mother so as to avoid the lengthy delay in re-ordering. After dinner, our server served me caffeinated coffee when I had requested de-caf. I caught the mistake and received the correct beverage. The manager gave us complimentary deserts but my $250 meal was nothing to brag about.
- Perfect!FabooDined on 6/12/2014This is a great place for dinner or for lunch. It is child friendly if your child is at an age where they can use dining etiquette such as an age 11 and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food productsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014I ordered a French dip and was a bit disappointed. The roast beef had little flavor and the roll was very ordinary, not the standard of Cedar Creek. Everyone else in the party loved their entrée. We love coming to Cedar Creek and always enjoy the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Excellent Coconut Supreme Cake!!! My husband and I celebrated our 14th year anniversary and it was great. We wanted more of a quiet, romantic place but with great food and this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Creek InnCedarCreekBirthdaysDined on 6/1/2014We had not been here for quite some time. Our server, Tom, was excellent! We were celebrating 3 birthdays in our party of 6. He brought us each a little birthday treat and split the bill amongst the three couples. Bread and salads were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch1313Dined on 5/31/2014Enjoyed the dining experience at Cedar Creek Inn, came here for my friends birthday, will visit again, I drove from San Diego. This is my third time and not my last. Lynne A HaslamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 5/30/2014Always enjoy going to this restaurant. The food is consistently high quality and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Creek Brea diningCousinsgroupDined on 5/27/2014Cedar Creek provides a well rounded menu for my party of four to choose from. It's an ample serving of food but not too much and the presentation is good. It's also a central location for us to meet since we are spread throughout So. California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- howwerateditDined on 5/25/2014Our server was Thom and the occasion was my wife's birthday. I had experienced Thom's excellent manner a few weeks prior at a dinner with a different group. There was a total of six of us for the birthday dinner and, to a person, all were very impressed. The food for each was prepared to perfection (and we had some picky people) and Thom's frequent inquiries as to whatever else we may need did not go unnoticed by anyone in our party. Overall a most enjoyable experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick275Dined on 5/25/2014Julie was our server and did a very fine job; hostess sat us within minutes of our reservation, staff was kind, courteous and attentive..Special Features:
- Nice Celebratory RestaurantakinlrDined on 5/25/2014They had a very nice gluten free menu selection. very accommodating. The non gf salmon & chicken entrees were delicious & beautifully presented. The chopped salad was a good size and very good. My teenage son's burger was large enough that he only left a few bites so he could save room for the toll house pie which he devoured. The flour less hazelnut brownie sundae w/espresso chocolate was divine. Nice venue. Great service.Special Features:
- Great martini and good musicseasonsDined on 5/24/2014Went here on Saturday night. Arrived early to enjoy a nice martini which was reasonably priced at $10.00 and one of the best I've had in a long time. There was a piano in the bar also with a gentleman singing. Our reservation was for 6:30 but being we were enjoying the bar we didn't go to our table until 6:45. Our waiter Tom was excellent. He never rushed us and we took our time from ordering, eating dinner to dessert. I think we were there over 4 hours. I ordered the prime rib and substituted the mashed potatoes for the risotto. In the future I would keep the garlic mashed as the risotto was rather plain. We ordered the coconut cake for dessert which we shared and couldn't finish but it was excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryGottaeatDined on 5/23/2014Really good food ! Atmosphere is great ! Reasonable prices. And much needed in a world of chain resteraunts .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningAamyluvDined on 5/21/2014The food was fabulous! The whole family enjoyed the dinner. From a 6 year old to an 87 year old. My dad is in a wheelchair and we had no problem getting him into the dining room and our table. My sister is on a strict gluten free diet and they had a large gluten free menu, including deserts! The service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryksalmans519Dined on 5/19/2014We had our wedding reception here 7 years ago and returned this week for dinner for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 791 reviews are from the Cedar Creek Inn - Brea reviews archive.
- Great service!SoOCgirlDined on 5/18/2014We were there for my dad's birthday on one of the days CSUF had graduation. Even on a busy afternoon the service & food were great! Save room for dessert :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceRetiredoldtimerDined on 5/17/2014Perfect spot for that special evening: prom, graduation, anniversary, birthday. Not good for that quiet, romantic evening with that special someone, the food is fine but the noise and crowding take away that intimate feeling. The staff was friendly and the service was good if just a bit rushed. The decor is casual but very nice. Saw casual to formal attire and all fit in perfect. Cedar Creek is close to being expensive so have a good time but expect to pay for the pleasure. Big group room is the enclosed patio, pretty nice. Not a place for little kids. Reservations are the smart way to go. If the group is 7+ they will suggest an 18 or 20% gratuity, saves time in figuring it out yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridal Shower LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Just wanted to give my review. My party was a total of (8) ladies and all of us had a wondeful experiance at Cedar Creek Inn-Brea. The food was delicious, the waitress was very attentive to where we really felt pampered. My guests really had a wonderful time and the serving of the cake & coffee was the best part. We are all thinking of getting together again at Cedar Creek Inn in the very near future.Special Features: