Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
20 Pointe Drive
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekinn.com/
- Phone: 7142555600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Everardo Casteneda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful private dining room can accommodate up to twenty guests, while the all-weather, covered outdoor dining area provides fireside dining for up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Diane/Patty 7142555600
- Entertainment: Various vocalists, piano, and guitar music can be enjoyed Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
The Ayres family has been serving up fantastic Steaks, Chops, Ahi Sandwiches, Signature Salads and House-made Desserts for decades. Each location bears a lively atmosphere where friends and neighbors can be seen table-hopping while business associates hammer out important deals.Continued
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (70)romantic (60)great for lunch (53)great for outdoor dining (46)great for brunch (41)fit for foodies (36)vibrant bar scene (31)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great foodMrcantinaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Well as always Cedar Creed came through once again with good food and service. I really like going to this location as its a bit off the beaten path and so not quite so busy. That being said there is nothing wrong with the San Juan Capistrano location and the same holds true about the food and service there also. Wat did I have for dinner? Of course the Ahi Burger. Always a excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, Great serviceAllyDined on 9/14/2014Delicious brunch, attentive service. We went for a birthday celebration and all 10 of us had a great experience.Special Features:
- DebbyDined on 9/13/2014service was fine (checked one time during meal), garlic bread was great. The house salad was good. I had NY strip steak which had a great pepper bourbon sauces, but it was tough and tasted like it had been tenderized. For dessert we had chocolate cake w/ ice cream...huge piece (7.97), icing was best part, cake was a bit doughy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar Creek never disappointsseasonsDined on 9/13/2014Been toCC many times this time I opted for the special. John Dowey white fish with mushroom risotto. The fish was lightly breaded and very moist. Risotto was perfect. You must have the warmed coconut cake for desert. Plenty to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrannyNDined on 9/11/2014I have been to Cedar Creek several times and have always had a good dining experience. Food is consistently good and service is good. Would recommend Cedar Creek to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Mine is bigger than yoursPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/9/2014The portion sizes seem to vary from order to order. The couple next to us had so much calamari they had to get a box to take it home. We didn't seem to have that problem.Special Features:
- Wonderful tine!luv2dineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went to celebrate a friend's birthday and our party of 10 had a wonderful time. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 9/5/2014Best thing I like is the well-trained and conscientious staff. The place is pretty, relaxing and the food is good. But the service brings me back. So good to be with service staff who know what they are doing.Special Features:
- Excellent all the way aroundsusieDined on 9/5/2014I am never disappointed when dining at Cedar Creek. This time around was for my Fiancé's birthday. It was his first time and he was quite impressed. Nathaniel, our waiter, provided outstanding service and ensured our dining experience was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Old School" DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Definitely not bad. Food selection is good, but food taste was just ok. No big deal as some might suggest. On the pricey side for food taste and overal offerings. "1980s fancy dining", Dark lighting, loud.Special Features:
- Bar actionPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/2/2014Sometimes it seems that the appetizer portions vary from one day to the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambianceJacklynnDined on 9/2/2014I always enjoy Cedar Creek, but mostly for the environment. The staff is nice and I enjoy the ambiance in the evening. My only "gripe" is that there isn't enough healthy options @ lunch. Food is a bit heavy. Would eat there more often with lighter, healthy but tasty optipns for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food & service was outstanding! We try to dine with you as often as we can. We've had many successful Family dining experiences with you--Brunch, Lunch & Dinner. We find your atmosphere more pleasant than the SummitHouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!LARSDined on 8/29/2014We've never been disappointed with the food or service at Cedar Creek Inn. It's one of our favorite places to dine. Highly recommend it - there's something for everyone.Special Features:
- Kindness and Comfortmj93kimDined on 8/27/2014I feel good because of the comfort and kindness. My family had a great time during dinner. I am willing to recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednomorepapayaDined on 8/27/2014Tuesday I brought a party of 7 women. Firstly, the waiter wanted a drink order as we sat down without the entire party being there. He seemed perturbed that we didn't jump at his request. So, I must admit, I made a "what the heck?" look. We then proceeded to order drinks. (the drinks, according to others in the group, were less than correctly made). I ordered a chicken papaya salad, which I have done before. The salad that was brought to me was very clearly a leftover from lunch...or even longer ago. I had to cut the bread with a knife and the salad itself was not fresh, as it should have been. I was afraid to send it back for fear of getting a reprisal. I am speaking only for my dinner and not for the rest...other than the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ciciDined on 8/24/2014We always enjoy our dining expierence and especially the Coconut Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cedar Creek Inn!RedFishBlueFishDined on 8/23/2014A friend of ours suggested that we try Cedar Creek for dinner. When we arrived, we were seated in a booth in the main dining room, which has a beautiful stone fireplace. The service was efficient and our waitress was friendly. Our entrees included the salmon, pot roast, and the chicken, which were delicious and came with either soup or salad included in the price. We also had dessert and a glass of wine each, and the bill was very reasonable. We would highly recommend this restaurant and are planning to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME Cedar Creek Inn, WowBadgerDined on 8/22/2014Our fourth outing to Cedar Creek Inn in Brea was as great as all the previous outings (says something about consistancy). My wife and I were celebrating or 38th Wedding Anniversary and her new Job. Our waitress congradulated us without alerting the other patrons (my wife would have killed me), Allison was awesome. The food was better than described with large portions (we could have shared). We ended the evening with a Cappucino and were never rushed (even though they were jumping).Special Features:
- Great Place!!!AnieDined on 8/21/2014The location of the restaurant is convenient to me. I love the food, environment and service and I go back any time I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch spotworkingdinerDined on 8/20/2014Had a business lunch at cedar creek. Restaurant interior is really nice and open, the food was very good, but it is pretty noisy. i would definitely go back. Everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious to the taste and eyesEatsWellWithOthersDined on 8/19/2014Our family dinner for a special occasion landed perfectly at Cedar Creek. The food is amazing, service superb, with ambiance created by the elegant decor, soft lighting, low noise levels and attentive yet un-intrusive waiters. This is well worth the cost for anyone looking for a special place to share time with the special people in your lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningAamyluvDined on 8/19/2014It was a nice sinner to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary. Good food overall, however my mom was not that pleased with her filet. She said it was very chewy. The drinks were yummy and the service was attentive and friendly. Nice evening!Special Features:
- Great BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014If you like Garlic Bread this is the place to go!! Steak and seafood top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceAnniversary34Dined on 8/16/2014The front desk hosts were exceptional and everything was done as I asked. The flowers were in place as requested. The food was well prepared and the booth was where I requested. The waiter was a little sluggish, but acceptable. Overall a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Check retrievalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The service could have been 5 stars. It was a turn off when our server took the checkbook ( after I signed my check) away as if indicating "Ok guys, it's time to leave." Other than that, our server was very courteous & attentive.Special Features:
- Not as good for groupsVisitingBreaDined on 8/10/2014We have been here several times before for brunch, lunch & dinner and thought it was exceptional. This is the first time we have been there with a group (11). Our waitress was not very warm, and we only saw her at the beginning of the meal, no checking in, refilling beverages, etc.Special Features:
- Night outOCrestaurantgoerDined on 8/9/2014The food at Cedar Creek is acceptable. They don't change their menu during the year so it is predictable that you can order the same item you liked during your last visit which is OK. The wait staff is very nice and accommodating. We enjoy eating on the patio on warm summer nights.Special Features:
- Evening out with visitorsCGandaussiesDined on 8/9/2014Although the noise level was rather high at 7.30pm it quietened down about 8.30. Food was good but the wine we wanted was not available. I would suggest that the meat knives are changed and better, sharper ones are provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedar creek innCelebrating55yearsDined on 8/7/2014Have always loved it here, but they keep changing their menu, I was planning on my favorite but of course it was gone. fOund something else that was very good but disappointed neither of my favorites anymore. They tried to make my husband happy because they don't have iceberg lettuce and he hates romaine and fancy and the soup sounded awful, so no salad etc for him, just salmon. Still love it here, not sure about him. AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE, I STILL ENJOY IT HERE EVEN THO IT WAS OUR 55th anniversary and they didn't acknowledge at all, oh we'll, next year maybe we'll get a sundae this year they were very busy.Special Features:
- ServiceDallasDined on 8/7/2014Nathaniel (sp?), our waiter was OUTSTANDING. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Ladies Night42eyesDined on 8/5/2014We came especially for the Ambience, less noisy than those bar scenes:) But, unexpectedly it was quite noisy that evening. but, all right with us we got a nice quiet booth in back! Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions. My biggest complaint would have to be that it was too cold in there. wish I brought a sweater. I know A/c is hard to make everyone happy. We had a great time & will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Wi-fiPointhoarderVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great place but needs Wi-Fi. Excellent bar staff on Tuesdays.
- Wonderful Brunch Menuselective1Dined on 8/3/2014Had a wonderful brunch with several friends who were looking forward to relaxing and being able to catch up as well as enjoy a fabulous brunch. Cedar Creek was perfect!Special Features:
- Attentive service for birthdayOutstandingVIPDined on 8/2/2014We recently dined at CC for my husband's son's birthday with several friends. It was a very pleasurable experience for all from the delicious food to courteous and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigeaterVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food and service was outstanding. It was a little noisy in the restaurant from the large group conversations and a bit on the expensive side, but worth the price.Special Features:
- A just-right anniversary dinnerkrossdinesoutDined on 7/30/2014Our table was ready for us when we arrived, and we were seated in a quiet corner, perfect for celebrating our anniversary. The server was attentive without being intrusive. The food salad and main course (salmon) were nicely prepared. The one weakness was the soup. The portion was tiny and it was overly salted. The complimentary dessert was an unexpected treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happy for the happy hour :)CoraVVIPDined on 7/30/2014the food is great and we just keep coming back for the happy hour!!! Price is so reasonable and servers are super nice!!Special Features:
- Place needs Wi-FiPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great service especially in the bar on Tuesdays but this place needs Wi-Fi. My spouse tried to text me that he would be late but I never got the message since there is no cell reception here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.