Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
20 Pointe Drive
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cedarcreekinn.com/
- Phone: (714) 255-5600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Everardo Casteneda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful private dining room can accommodate up to twenty guests, while the all-weather, covered outdoor dining area provides fireside dining for up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Diane/Patty 7142555600
- Entertainment: Various vocalists, piano, and guitar music can be enjoyed Wednesday through Saturday nights.
A word from Cedar Creek Inn - Brea
The Ayres family has been serving up fantastic Steaks, Chops, Ahi Sandwiches, Signature Salads and House-made Desserts for decades. Each location bears a lively atmosphere where friends and neighbors can be seen table-hopping while business associates hammer out important deals.Continued
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
In Brea, we have an exquisite private dining room and a fabulous covered patio that can host private groups of up to 150 guests.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Cedar Creek Inn - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)good for groups (82)neighborhood gem (81)romantic (74)great for lunch (71)fit for foodies (57)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (17)scenic view (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- RussDined on 11/25/2014Always a very good meal at Cedar Creek...however, their French Onion Soup comes with only a piece of cheese dropped into the middle of the bowl...real French Onion Soup has the cheese baked over the soup...if you really loc=ve this soup, don't get it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely DoneDinerVIPDined on 11/25/2014Wonderful cuisine and outstanding service from Nathaniel. Prime Rib, Salmon and Caesar Salad incredible. Warm greeting upon entering. A truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- Never tire of Cedar CreekOutstandingVIPDined on 11/24/2014Another delectable lunch with friends. From outstanding food to highly attentive and courteous service Cedar Creek is the place to go for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014Everything was great except our food server, very impersonal, seemed like she wanted to get rid of us so she could get out of there, Bar staff was really great, awesome food, forgot what a good place it is, I'll go back, just make sure I get a different waiter !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I celebrated my 74th birthday there. The atmosphere, service and food was outstanding. Tom was our waiter, he was very professional and cordial. While paying the bill,Tom asked my sister if she had a son ,Jay. They went to high school together. He expressed condolences on Jay's death.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old standby with reliable food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Good food and good service combine for an excellent neighborhood restaurant. The decor is getting a little tired but overall the place is well maintained. Classic dishes served by an attentive staff. The excellent piano player and singer in the bar were a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to meet for lunch/special occasion.OutstandingVIPDined on 11/22/2014Conveniently located off the 57 fwy, great food and pleasing ambience. Service is always outstanding with attentive and amiable staff. A favorite is the coconut shrimp appetizer. We always order this prior to deciding upon our entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Ahi SaladMalbecVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had not been to Cedar Creek for awhile and were pleasantly surprised at the new menu. I had one of the best Ahi salads I have had anywhere and my husband was really pleased with his Seafood Salad also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!!JackpotDined on 11/19/2014Made reservations for a week-night dinner with friends who had never been to Cedar Creek Inn. They were so impressed with the ambiance upon arriving and each one commented how beautiful and, more importantly, how warm the restaurant ambiance was. The food was great, too! One friend who never eats all of her meal, cleaned her plates from salad through dessert!! The service was wonderful with a most attentive waiter, but one who did not rush us. The bar drinks we had to start the evening also were very well-made and actually had liquor in them! So many places make weak drinks, but not here. All this and the prices weremost reasonable. We were not gouged and felt like we won the lottery at the end of the meal. Highly recommend this restaurant for dinner and special occasions. They even have a lovely fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceNo1FoodieDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful menu, friendly staff, beautiful setting -- what more could u ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placekarenpeachDined on 11/14/2014The food is really delicious and the portions are huge! Wonderful sauces make dishes extra special. We have been here many times and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice birthday dinnerWILLBEBACKDined on 11/8/2014We had a very nice Birthday dinner/evening with friends at Cedar Creek Restaurant ..Service ,Food and Ambiance all good ..we will be back for sure in the near future and recommend you to family and friends ..Special Features:
- Lovely warm ambianceBuccaDined on 11/6/2014Not only is this place warm and inviting with candles and fireplaces but the food is outstanding! Best prime rib ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimeTinknockerDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time here. The reviews that I had read beforehand were a little mixed. My and wife and I loved it. Service and staff and food were outstanding. We had a reservation and when we were about 15 minutes early, thought that we would have to wait for a bit. No so, We were taken right to our table. This is a place that we will put at the top of our dining favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Cedar Creek!RedFishBlueFishDined on 11/1/2014We have eaten here twice and have found it to be very good. We love the dining room with the fireplace, and have enjoyed the food. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were introduced to Cedar Creek Inn when attending friends' anniversary party; this was our first time returning. We were there for the Saturday brunch with 2 other couples. We, as well as our friends, were so impressed with everything about our visit. We will all definitely return for special occasions as well as just for a good meal and a wonderful experience. The salmon was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good choicebcccDined on 10/31/2014menu could use a little updating, but food is generally good and the place is nice for a quiet evening. really fun jazzish duo in the bar. always a good night there.Special Features:
- KatzenfrauOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014It's a good "go-to" place for celebrations. Food is fine with lots of choices for "American fare." Sermarycatfrauvice was competent, friendly and solicitous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Side of friesPointhoarderVIPDined on 10/28/2014We ordered the nacho appetizer and found a French fry in it. I doubt we'll order that again.
- Sunday BrunchGrandmaJDined on 10/26/2014We found the menu a good variety to fit all of our families peculiar diets and tastes. Our server was convivial, and the food was very good. Thank you for a nice family experience.Special Features:
- Its a sleeperMrcantinaVIPDined on 10/25/2014Cedar Creek in Break is one of the worlds best secrets. Always have outstanding food and service. Anytime I am in the area and its anywhere near a meal time I try to eat here.Special Features:
- DianeandLenVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food was diner quality, no better. Ordered fish and chips for lunch, greasy. Also ordered a burger, way too many pickles.
- I've had better...like2eatDined on 10/21/2014The wife and I brought our good friends here for their first time. We'd told them about CCI for years as we have been celebrating special occasions there for a decade. Unfortunately, the service at our table was not up to our expectations (in attentive server, asking if we wanted water refills when all of our glasses were near empty, server seemed concerned with other matters in the back area and not the floor). If that had been our first time I would not be going back. Oh, and a huge (approx. 2" long cocroach scurried from under our table and across the floor. I did not point it out to the rest of the party partially out of embarrassment, and partially out of denial. Come on CCI. You should be better than this! Food and drinks were great!Special Features:
- Poor service, cold foodEetingDined on 10/19/2014We had a party of 6 for a birthday, and all had poor service and complaints about the food. The server was incredibly slow and very forgetful; everything we requested had to be re-requested 2 & 3 times - most frustrating. Then the food: one of our party specifically ordered prime rib "medium," but it was served very rare and she couldn't finish it. Another person received her food dead cold - not even warm, which says that the server was, once again, too slow to bring the food when it was ready. And when we asked for a second basket of bread (which was ordered BEFORE the end of brunch time), it FINALLY came AFTER brunch time was over and was not the bread that we enjoyed during brunch. And on it goes... Never again to Cedar Creek.
- excellentdinnermanDined on 10/18/2014Very nice menu. A classic dining experience. A pretty traditional menu and environment. Very good food a place that makes me think of taking my grandparents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Weekend LunchCaloriVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous food for a reasonable price. I loved my prime rib cooked perfectly with garlic mashed potatoes and veg. Daughter loved her salmon with the same sides. Hubby enjoyed his french dip and fries. Excellent service though our server was not wine saavy, but she did not hesitate to let me taste before selecting. Husband was not thrilled by their beer selection or the IPA he selected, but he is a craft beer snob so whatchya gonna do... Would definitely hit the happy hour if in town at the right time and most definitely will be on our list of goto restaurants when visiting our daughter at CSUF.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014When we want to be sure we will have a good dining experience, we choose Cedar Creek. The outstanding customer service is unbeatable. The food is also delicious.Special Features:
- Another great evening.AamyluvDined on 10/15/2014Went here while my sister was in town. The food was exceptionally great that evening. My sister appreciated the gluten free menu, especially the large choice of gluten free desserts! The pomegranate martini was awesome! Salmon was delicious! Great evening all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with friendsgigiDined on 10/13/2014We all ordered different salads and we were all very pleased with our selection. Each salad was excellent. Our server was there when we needed him, but knew when to leave us alone.Special Features:
- 101114Dined on 10/11/2014Would come back just for the "Coconut Shrimp" appetizer Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clos2023Dined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was extremely polite and hospitable. She recommended your featured dish, which was amazing. She had a smile and brought everything to the table in a timely manner. Overall, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Lovely Afternoon!DianeDined on 10/11/2014We went to lunch for my sisters birthday and everything was great. The food was delicious the ambiance was perfect and the service was great! I have been to this restaurant many times, mostly for special occasions, and I have never been disappointed. Thank you for a lovely afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLovetoeatDined on 10/10/2014We were seated right away, our server remembered us from our last visit, which was at least a year ago. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is great! Our server was excellent, prices are great. Really this place is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerflyboyDined on 10/8/2014I made reservations for Cedar Creek Inn through Open Table for my 20th Wedding Anniversary Dinner. Through the Open Table site I added notes to my reservation noting that it was our 20th and everyone from the host to the server welcomed us and congratulated us on our Anniversary. It was a very nice touch. We were seated immediately even though we were about 10 minutes early for our 6:30 PM reservation. My wife is on a Gluten Free Diet due to a medical condition, I had mentioned that in the notes as well and when we were seated there was already a Gluten Free Menu there for her, normally we have to ask for one but not at Cedar Creek Inn. Service was excellent, food was great, and the server even brought us a complimentary dessert. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wonderful eveningCalYDined on 10/5/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Cedar Creek. We had been talking about and looking forward to the Appetizer sampler for quite some time and it did not disappoint. Everything on the sampler was delicious and the mix was really special. My wife had the prime rib blackened. It was a huge cut and very tender. My daughter had the chicken and I had the seared ahi salad. My ahi was seared to perfection and the pieces were huge. A great time with great food.Special Features:
- new found all american restaurantfoodnwineDined on 10/4/2014broad menu.....great bar....a wait staff that knows their food....and comfortable ambiance add to that a reasonable price for a dinner for 4.....and we will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time! BUT......PBWIZARDDined on 10/4/2014We had 13 at dinner. We live in Brea but have never been to Cedar Creek Inn! Food was GREAT! BUT..AlthoughI am sure the waitress was "overwhelmed" She had a tendacy to show a side to her we didn't like. When you asked for something when it seemed like it irritated her, She just didn't answer you. My kids came late (but still in time to eat) Waitress was obvioulsy irritated when they asked for a Menu. Not our favorite waitress. She seems to "pretend" she is happy to wait on you, But she doesn't know many of us could see her irritation. We called IN ADVANCE and asked someone over the phone if everyone could have "seperate checks" and we were told YES! Waitress said NO! Until I complained to her, and told her I called in advance to make sure!Special Features:
- Great dining/Outstanding servicedinnerdateDined on 10/4/2014We're are lucky to live close to this great restaurant. The menu has something for everyone. We dine there at least once a month and try something new every time. Best appetizer on the menu "Calamari" yum. The service is never disappointing. The servers are attentive, knowledgeable of the menu and most pleasant and engaging. Our grandson is 9 years old and he always enjoys himself when he accompanies us for family dinner.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure1ChomperDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I always enjoy Cedar Creek. The large scale, warm wood interior has a touch of dining in Montana. The service is always excellent. The food is consistently very good and often it is great. Happy hour is good too. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great lunch place!63theaterDined on 10/4/2014I have been coming to the Cedar Creek for years where I usually meet a group for lunch. The restaurant offers a great variety of wonderful salads, sandwiches, etc. which appeals to different dining preferences. The staff is friendly and one is never rushed. The lemon /raspberry tart is delicious. They serve wonderful Bloody Mary's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.