Cedar Creek Grille
2101 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarcreekgrille.com/
- Phone: (216) 342-5177
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Records
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cedar Creek Grille
Cedar Creek Grille offers straightforward American cuisine in a casual, vibrant, yet sophisticated setting. House specialties include simply grilled fish, U.S.D.A Prime sirloin steaks, and a classic burger. Grilled chops, roasted organic chicken, and lobster bisque are other favorites. All dishes are made fresh in-house, often featuring locally sourced ingredients. Warm and inviting, the dining room boasts an expansive bar, comfortable leather-booth seating, a Chef's table and an open kitchen. Meantime, an airy three-season terrace offers a full bar, lounge-style seating around a double-sided fireplace, and table service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cedar Creek Grille - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Cedar Creek Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (79)great for outdoor dining (67)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (62)good for groups (60)hot spot (35)romantic (34)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (22)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- MichelleDined on 11/14/2014We were disappointed that happy hour did not extend to the tables.... It was only available at the bar. Place was empty at 6 on a Friday...allowing all to have happy hour deals might help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014Glad to respond. I live in Rocky River but I come to the Eastside and visit my high school girlfriends we always eat at the CedarCreek. The food is consistently good and the service is excellent. The receptionist, Genille (sp?) is darling. She greeted us Monday and her smile is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Would go back- food was good. Bright but not too noisy. Service was good at the beginning but then our waiter seemed to forget about us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementJackieDined on 11/6/2014This is a newish restaurant, when they first opened the food was great! Has slowly gone down hill. Salmon usually tastes on the verge of spoiling....veggie burger is like crumbling sand.....French fries cold and unseasoned....awful coleslaw. However it is a Fun place! Servers are great! Music fun! Ambiance lovely!Special Features:
- Beachwood gemBchwddinrDined on 11/4/2014A delightful evening was had by three of us on a Tuesday evening. Not as busy as normal so able to hear each other for a change! The menu offers a wide variety of choices at various prices and everything was delicious. Drinks are ample and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and YummyCarolpVIPDined on 11/4/2014Meal was prepared perfectly. Service was very good. Nice wine list. Comfortable but dressy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014It seems to be a pattern that we get seated in the least desirable area using Open Table. An example was last Sunday at 7:00 at Cedar Creek when the restaurant was not crowded. We were taken into the closed-in patio area and seated next to the screen. There was a tear in the screen which allowed air to penetrate. To mitigate this situation the ceiling heater was blasting causing our area to be uncomfortable. We mentioned this to the server and he turned down the heat but it came on later during our dinner causing the same problem. We won't use open table for future reservations. This situation colored our experience in an unfavorable manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTtodineVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is a true Cleveland spot with great landmarks of CLE hanging throughout. Went there for Moyher's Day brunch and again recently; very consistent with great tasting food and nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Went for Sunday brunch & although it wasn't very busy, service was incredibly slow. Menu was diverse, so we may return for a special occasion. Food was ok, but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayDatenightDined on 11/1/2014I had lunch here and it was amazing. This time we arrived ten minutes before our reservation and were told the table wasn't ready, no problem. Instead we were put at a table that was open the entire time but told by the manager that 5-6 other couples moved from because of the draft. The a/c was blowing right on us. Why would you keep putting people there when there where other available tables? Anyway, the food was lack luster for spending over $130 (we had a bottle of wine recommended by our waitress that was excellent.) I think this was a one and done experience for us....Special Features:
- K.T.KTofPADined on 10/29/2014The food was excellent and nicely presented. Will definitely go back. Service was great too! Split Cobb salad and BLT w fries with my companion - generous portion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014The bartender was outstanding...inviting, courteous, and attentive. Food was attractively presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local eatspjeanVIPDined on 10/27/2014Enjoyed the prixe fixe vegan selection of stuffed cabbage, flatbread, and pear sorbet dessert. Service was outstanding as the chef himself visited our table and welcomed us! A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less Than StellarMrsSiasDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere is attractive and engaging. The menu options are interesting and varied without being too adventurous. The bar is well appointed. There was just nothing special about thisnplace. The food was fine. Not delicious, not bad. Our server was not terribly efficient and not too well informed about the menu. He was very nice and checked on us regularly. Not a bad server. Not great. He just didn't seem to know what anything was (eg. the sauce on the fish, Hendricks gin, etc.). Again, not bad necessarily. Just nothing special.
- Enjoyed the food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed the food. We like it because it is close to our home. But we found it to be extremely noisy and loud. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service good, food blandwknddinner1Dined on 10/25/2014Pasta was dry. Steak & crab cakes tasted like warmed up leftovers . Desert & soup were good. Good ambiance. Not worth the money. Next time I'll go with Mortons.
- DixieDixieDined on 10/25/2014Excellent experience -food was very good. Very nice wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susiedineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Arrived with my husband and was provided a quite table by the window as requested. I was surprised how it was quite after reading the reviews, but sounded louder coming from the bar area, it was a Friday night, happy hours still. We were given our drinks and the waitress asked if we wanted time to enjoy are drinks first. We decided to order knowing we had other plans for the evening. Our appetizer and salad came out quicker than I expected. The chop chop salad was very good and the two veal meatballs were large enough for 4 people to split. Both our dinners were excellent. Crab cakes and walleye special. We would highly recommend the restaurant and plan on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/23/2014Cedar Creek Grill always delivers outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Always a very memorable dining experience. Highly Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014I always enjoy going to the Cedar Creek Grille where the menu is varied and the service is excellent!Special Features:
- cocoDined on 10/18/2014server looked a little overworked, give him a good grade for effort! Biggest burger ever, and loved the shrimp tacos and deviled eggs. We had a party of 5 and one of our guests was cold from being near the patio doors.Special Features:
- Excellent saladsSusGBVIPDined on 10/17/2014Cedar Creek does a great job on lunchtime salads and they are reasonably priced. They serve yummy crispy seasoned crackers as well.Special Features:
- Good food, poor servicefrequentdinerDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant was no more than half full, but the noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation across the table. And, in spite of the restaurant not being crowded, it took an unpleasantly long time to to receive our main corse after the soup was served. We tried to catch the eye of our server who never came to the table after he took our order. I eventually asked another server to send the manager to the table. She was able to bring our dinner to us immediately saying the food was being "plated" at the very moment she went to the kitchen to inquire as to the order status. Either the kitchen was especially slow in spite of the restaurant not being crowded or the server was unprofessional. It was a disappointing experience.
- Nice placekennyavaVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went on a Sunday night to celebrate our niece's birthday. Our group consisted of teenagers all the way to grandpa and grandma. The restaurant had decent variety for the whole range of tastes at a very reasonable price. My prime rib was really good. I would certainly go back there when we go and visit Cleveland.Special Features:
- Dining with my kidscornergrillDined on 10/11/2014The location of the restaurant is perfect for us. The 4 minute drive was not exhausting. THe drinks were great, the service was great, the food was great & the noise level was to much to hear my family talking. Making reservations online is a great touch. See you soon.Special Features:
- bad waiterlawmVIPDined on 10/10/2014I asked for a quiet table because it was a special occassion. Birthday with my sister and time for us alone. The waiter was annoying. He kept coming over every 3-4 min. We kept telling him we are not ready. We could not talk. Then a party of 8 was next to us with a crying baby. Not wahat I asked for. Then came time for dessert which I asked for something for her birthday and we sat with coffee for ten min till I had to ask the manager. Waiter drove us crazy a million times then when he knew it was her birthday and bring the dessert with coffe you never saw him. Verry annoying.Special Features:
- HabatuzoVIPDined on 10/7/2014The bar/atrium is very nice, but has high noise levelSpecial Features:
- LOVE ITOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2014The food, service and atmosphere are OUTSTANDING at Cedar Creek Grille. Great for any occasion and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and cozyDelightedDinerDined on 10/3/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the warm and inviting environment. The service was outstanding and I will be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never miss Steve Jochum here.MarkDined on 10/2/2014A N.E. Ohio gem of entertainment, Steve's contemporary and classic rock mix is a nonstop flow of guitar and vocal talent, at the right volume, that raises the experience of any venue to a great one. Bravo to the Cedar Creek Grille for enhancing their good food, bar and service with great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience...DinerDined on 10/1/2014Our waiter was very attentive but not overly smothering. The food was prepared as ordered and tasted delicious. We have eaten here several times now and have had nothing but positive experiences. I would love to sit out in bar area as it seems very comfortable and relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak in Beechwood, OHMarkKVIPDined on 9/30/2014I had the filet, which was served with spicy green beans - very good. My colleague had crab cakes and raved about them. They're wine list offers plenty of by-the-glass options. Our server was in training, but was well-supervised (which is the right way to do it). We sat on the covered patio because of the fair weather, but I suspect it's even nicer during the summer. This was my second visit, and I've found it consistently good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great atmosphere and great food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicecimarronDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent; trout, salmon and ribeye, along with vegetables, etc. Sous Chef stopped by our table in celebration of special occasion; very nice personal touch. Heartily recommend Cedar Creek Grille.
- Nice ambiance but that's itLikegoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014Food arrived quickly. My salmon was not seasoned. My daughter's Cajun pasta was lukewarm and bland. Our waiter was less attentive than we would have liked. With so many surrounding restaurants I won't be going back.
- UniqueMoldoDined on 9/26/2014When I first came into the restaurant I was very surprised at how beautiful the decor was. A good mix of quite and cozy while having the charms of an expensive restaurant. The service took awhile at first and waiting for the check though. The food came out fast and was the best part of the restaurant. The menu is diverse and an extensive wine list was great.Special Features:
- Nice place - don't be latejatskiDined on 9/22/2014Was happy to find this nice restaurant by Beachwood Mall open late (8:45p) on a Monday night. Greeted nicely at the door and quickly taken to booth in middle of restaurant. Could have been loud on a busy night but not so on a Monday - just right. Server was polite but somewhat detached. Appetizer (full artichoke, which is rare to get in a restaurant) was very good. Salmon entree just slightly overcooked, but tasty - fries were delicious. Disappointment of the night was when we asked for dessert menus. Server said he would get them. He returned 3 or 4 minutes later telling us the kitchen closed at 9:45p - time was exactly 9:45p and 30 seconds at that point - and not even cold dessert like ice cream was available.
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was fair, the server was less than stellar. Overall didn't make a good impression for our clients that were in town from St. Paul.Special Features:
- Fun placeJackieDined on 9/18/2014Most Thursday's there is great entertainment in the outer room. But if you want quiet there is that too, in the inner room . Good is good. Happy hour good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedoutandaboutVIPDined on 9/16/2014Although the restaurant has a nice ambiance and the patio is beautiful, I was not impressed with the food. Although they had roasted potatoes served with their special, they would not allow us to substitute the fries that came with the meal with the roasted potatoes. My house salad, could have been tasty, but it was drenched in dressing, and my blackened shrimp tacos had nothing but two lonely pieces of shrimp in the tortilla. Other meals were also just fair.