Cedar Creek Grille
2101 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarcreekgrille.com/
- Phone: 2163425177
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Records
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cedar Creek Grille
Cedar Creek Grille offers straightforward American cuisine in a casual, vibrant, yet sophisticated setting. House specialties include simply grilled fish, U.S.D.A Prime sirloin steaks, and a classic burger. Grilled chops, roasted organic chicken, and lobster bisque are other favorites. All dishes are made fresh in-house, often featuring locally sourced ingredients. Warm and inviting, the dining room boasts an expansive bar, comfortable leather-booth seating, a Chef's table and an open kitchen. Meantime, an airy three-season terrace offers a full bar, lounge-style seating around a double-sided fireplace, and table service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cedar Creek Grille - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Cedar Creek Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)great for outdoor dining (102)special occasion (85)great for lunch (81)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (62)romantic (40)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (22)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (5)Show More
- If only the wine prices were lower!EdwardVIPDined on 9/14/2014... then this restaurant would be a great choice. However, they overcharge and I love to have wine with my meal so it is not my first choice.
- exceeded expectationsDlilyretesDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic curb appeal and ample parking. The inside has great decor and I love all the wood. I sat at the bar and was very comfortable. I had the lobster bisque and spicy green beans along with hand cut fries (my favorite) and it was all delicious! The bisque and beans had a nice pop of heat. My bar attendant paired a buttery chardonnay w oak undertones and it was perfect. The staff was so gracious. It is appropriate for any age but since it is a busy grille environment I would suggest speaking w the front of house manager regarding a quiet intimate dining experience. CHEERS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Cedar Creek Grille is a good restaurant to keep on your list. Make sure to check the menu before dining because you may find that your favorite entree is no longer available. They do have items for children, although they do not have a printed children's menu. Their regular menu has a range of items from hamburgers to fresh fish or steak. Do recommend!Special Features:
- BBF3Dined on 9/12/2014limited menu but good. The venue is quite attractive with the Cleveland photos and the dark woodwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb and Superior!Piqua41VIPDined on 9/12/2014We have returned to Cedar Creek Grille many times for a variety of reasons: a great and innovative menu with offerings we like (creative but not too "out there"), beautiful ambiance, fine service and reasonable prices. Yet due to the decor, you still feel like you're somewhere else besides the busy corner of Cedar & Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best for lunchHiltyDined on 9/7/2014We have had lunch often and for the first time had dinner. Did not think dinner menu was very impressive. Prefer lunch.Special Features:
- Very LoudHappyJunoDined on 9/6/2014Very comfortable booth, good food, good service. Little pricey. Maybe a dining spot for special occasions. May not be a destination for romance....my date & I couldn't hear each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectFrequentFlierDined on 9/5/2014The service was excellent and the angel hair pasta w/shrimp, the Delmonico steak and the crab cake were all excellent. The pork chop was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no return1sttimeDined on 9/5/2014Too noisy. Table configuration made it hard to have conversation. Food just fair for high price. Bread made to the table with the entrées.
- Friendly and relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014It is a well run place with very attentive service. The food is good but this time my fries were very over cooked!The fish was done well though and past meals have been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food near Beachwood MallDondeDined on 9/1/2014Cedar Creek Grille provides excellent food at a reasonable price. Hours are convenient: Mon: 11am-10pm Tue: 11am-10pm Wed: 11am-10pm Thu: 11am-10pm Fri: 11am-11pm Sat: 11am-11pm Sun: 10am-11pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, mediocre serviceDininglibrarian216Dined on 8/31/2014We've enjoyed dining here over the past year. This time our service was mediocre. Waiter poured water before our friends arrived for all of us. Our friends Prime Rib was quite fatty and bloody red though she ordered it medium. We called him back-he said the kitchen said she should cut into it because the interior should be medium. He, however, neglected to tell her that when he served her. It was obviously still too rare but she didn't want to send it back. He also removed all the bread and butter before our dinners came. I've had the salmon a number of times and this time it was a bit dry. The hot fudge sundae had a sauce that was neither hot nor fudgy but rather runny. We will return and give this beautiful restaurant another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulQueenDined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated his 35th birthday over dinner and everyone wished him a happy birthday. From the hostess to the busser. He was served ice cream with a candle and I didn't have to ask. Everyone was delightful and the food was great. We enjoyed the romantic setting and the quiet dining experience. I found the prices to be just right and not overly priced for the area. We will be going back in the future. I recommend Cedar Creek Grille to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serverDavidVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I come here alot, and love the food! The server, Lauren, was so good! She answer all of our questions and was very knowledgeable about the menu and the food! She seem friendly and understand all of our needs. The next time we come we r going to sit in her section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereBlishDined on 8/29/2014This is my third experience at Cedar Creek Grille. Not only is the food amazing, yet the wine list, ambiance and outdoor patio are exceptional. The patio has a full bar and on the Friday night I was there it had a live band. My most favorite element to this restaurant is the way it encompasses "old" Cleveland, with its wooden floors and bar; yet blends in contemporary style with it overall decor. The black and white photos of the city on the walls remind me of how much I truly appreciate being a Clevelander. It has become my favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 8/28/2014I have enjoyed a number of meals here since their opening. The chop chop salad in particular is wonderful. This time I had the special, St Louis ribs & I wasn't thrilled with the meal. Meat was tough; flavor ok. Past experience dictates I try 1-2 more times before deciding to recommend or return.
- Lovely patio and food, poor servicegirlsnightoutfordinnerDined on 8/26/2014The ambience is lovely on the covered patio, however the service is extremely lacking. The servers were either understaffed or undertrained or both, but it made for a very uncomfortable experience. The food was actually very good. The tomato flatbread with the balsamic reduction makes me want to try it again, however, I would hesitate because of the service.
- Monday was not a great night to goGmanDined on 8/26/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times prior and it's usually pretty good, but in this case, it was on a Monday evening and left us a little disappointed. Simply stated, they must have had their B team playing that night. Waiter was cordial but terribly undertrained and definitely not ready for prime time. The host/maitre'd was....well let's just say he was not friendly and welcoming. Ordered salmon medium, came out well done, but they quickly replaced it. NY strip ordered MR was also a little overcooked but still enjoyable. For appetizers, Calamari was light and perfectly cooked, deviled eggs a joy as always, and my wife's lobster bisque was rich and tasty albeit a little thick for my taste. Still, a nice place, locally owned.Special Features:
- Enjoyed againstamandVIPDined on 8/26/2014Dovan was our server and did an excellent job of taking care of us three ladies. We hadn't seen each other in a while so he gave us the space while we caught up. We shared a flatbread appetizer. Two of the party had seafood dishes that they loved and I had the chicken again. All of us had enough for leftovers later in the week. It was half price wine night which made the evening all the more better! This was my fifth trip and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We were here for the 2nd time. Our son and his wife-first time. Really good restaurant. Great service, Chris and very responsive management with Tyler quick emails. Anybody thining of going to Cedar Creek Grille will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Date nightLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went there for date night and had a great meal together. This was our first time dinning there and it wont be our last. Everything was very well seasoned and portion size was good. We sat in the bar area but the patio doors were open so that had a good feel to it. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu, so that really helped when making our dinner selection. All-N-All, I give it an... 8.Special Features:
- Ok RestaurantTworon1Dined on 8/22/20141. Food was good. 2. Serving sizes are small but appropriate. 3. Slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lunch with FriendsDeliciousVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent lunch menu...great service and nice atmosphere ....I recumbent the Salmon Salad and the BLT....both deliciousSpecial Features:
- GOOD TIMEBgreen2460Dined on 8/20/2014Had some Calamari which was fantastic, onion soup fantastic too and a filet cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Cedar Creek GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I always enjoy my means at Cedar Creek Grille and like their varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent; service was outstanding-- good place for a business lunch. A little on the pricey side, but certain a special occasion place! Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Bad SaladTpk1Dined on 8/14/2014The Cobb salad was soaked with dressing. Not too goodSpecial Features:
- reliable qualitybigskyradDined on 8/13/2014Great place to take out-of-town guests. Wonderful atmosphere, great service, comfortable seating, good wines, good menu choices, and reliably excellent food in ideal proportions. One of our favorites spots for lunch or dinner. I have eaten there at least 6 or 7 times and each time felt like I had made a good restaurant choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OutstandingFoodie1Dined on 8/12/2014Loved the specials and the Tuesday night 1/2 price bottle of wine!Special Features:
- Improvement with every visit!EpicuriousDined on 8/11/2014Char's service was outstanding! I asked for a quiet table, and we were accommodated which was much appreciated. The food seems to be improving. All of us enjoyed what we ordered, and it was cooked just as requested. We'll return.
- Delicious food!YummyfoodDined on 8/9/2014There is something for everyone on the menu. Tasty chopped salad and grilled chicken with pasta were my yummy choices. They might add a few more specialty cocktails, but my kiwi one was super!Special Features:
- Classy place!FoodwithfriendsDined on 8/8/2014Loved eating on the enclosed terrace! Food was very good, service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our Friday night dinner at cedar creek...will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasExcellentVIPDined on 8/8/2014I used to love a cedar grill hut the food and service has declined. Their salads which were great, now come with very little lettuce, and the chicken or meat come cold. Ypthey used to bring their bread and crackers right away ( and those are still great!), but now they don't, you have to ask for it, and they waited until 2 min. Before the food came.
- DisappointingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Restaurant was extremely noisy even though it wasn't crowded at lunch time. Food was disappointing. Chicken was tough and salad greens weren't fresh enough. One meal was sent back. Our meals at a previous dinner were disappointing also.
- AceofPatch1Dined on 8/5/2014Good neighborhood eatery. Service is impeccable. Good place to impress out-of-towners visiting Greater Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was spot-on!PDX2CLEVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our server, Christopher, was outstanding. The beef filet was average; the swordfish special was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFoodie916VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had the artichokes, crab cakes, and a pasta. All perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Its always a greats niteDishesVIPDined on 8/1/2014the resturant has changed managers but the food service and quality of the food has not changed. In my opinion this is my go to place. Everyone finds their favorite food and I have a great evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful4lunchDined on 8/1/2014Very good food, love the grilled artichoke appetizer. Nice service. Great decor with outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; noisy for dinnerCleveHtsNeighborDined on 7/31/2014We had a lovely lunch awhile back (around Dec. 2013), and thought the food, décor, music over the sound system (ambiance), and service all excellent and relaxing. Yesterday (a Thurs with live music in the outdoor space), we went for dinner, were seated inside, and were still impressed with the wine, food and service. The Mezzocorona white wine was excellent. The "something" Crush red was very good. We both had the trout, and made substitutions for the sides easily. Our waiter was very nice and efficient. The food was excellent. We were seated at 6:30 PM, and the noise just kept building, until we were having to repeat ourselves to be understood. Excellent, if not inexpensive, for a special family meal, but suggest lunch, so you can talk.Special Features: