Cedar Creek Grille
2101 Richmond Road
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Creek Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarcreekgrille.com/
- Phone: 2163425177
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Records
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cedar Creek Grille
Cedar Creek Grille offers straightforward American cuisine in a casual, vibrant, yet sophisticated setting. House specialties include simply grilled fish, U.S.D.A Prime sirloin steaks, and a classic burger. Grilled chops, roasted organic chicken, and lobster bisque are other favorites. All dishes are made fresh in-house, often featuring locally sourced ingredients. Warm and inviting, the dining room boasts an expansive bar, comfortable leather-booth seating, a Chef's table and an open kitchen. Meantime, an airy three-season terrace offers a full bar, lounge-style seating around a double-sided fireplace, and table service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cedar Creek Grille - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Cedar Creek Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (101)great for outdoor dining (86)special occasion (76)great for lunch (63)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (56)hot spot (31)romantic (26)vibrant bar scene (23)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent saladsSusGBVIPDined on 10/17/2014Cedar Creek does a great job on lunchtime salads and they are reasonably priced. They serve yummy crispy seasoned crackers as well.Special Features:
- Good food, poor servicefrequentdinerDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant was no more than half full, but the noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation across the table. And, in spite of the restaurant not being crowded, it took an unpleasantly long time to to receive our main corse after the soup was served. We tried to catch the eye of our server who never came to the table after he took our order. I eventually asked another server to send the manager to the table. She was able to bring our dinner to us immediately saying the food was being "plated" at the very moment she went to the kitchen to inquire as to the order status. Either the kitchen was especially slow in spite of the restaurant not being crowded or the server was unprofessional. It was a disappointing experience.
- Nice placekennyavaVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went on a Sunday night to celebrate our niece's birthday. Our group consisted of teenagers all the way to grandpa and grandma. The restaurant had decent variety for the whole range of tastes at a very reasonable price. My prime rib was really good. I would certainly go back there when we go and visit Cleveland.Special Features:
- Dining with my kidscornergrillDined on 10/11/2014The location of the restaurant is perfect for us. The 4 minute drive was not exhausting. THe drinks were great, the service was great, the food was great & the noise level was to much to hear my family talking. Making reservations online is a great touch. See you soon.Special Features:
- bad waiterlawmVIPDined on 10/10/2014I asked for a quiet table because it was a special occassion. Birthday with my sister and time for us alone. The waiter was annoying. He kept coming over every 3-4 min. We kept telling him we are not ready. We could not talk. Then a party of 8 was next to us with a crying baby. Not wahat I asked for. Then came time for dessert which I asked for something for her birthday and we sat with coffee for ten min till I had to ask the manager. Waiter drove us crazy a million times then when he knew it was her birthday and bring the dessert with coffe you never saw him. Verry annoying.Special Features:
- HabatuzoVIPDined on 10/7/2014The bar/atrium is very nice, but has high noise levelSpecial Features:
- Romantic and cozyDelightedDinerDined on 10/3/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the warm and inviting environment. The service was outstanding and I will be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never miss Steve Jochum here.MarkDined on 10/2/2014A N.E. Ohio gem of entertainment, Steve's contemporary and classic rock mix is a nonstop flow of guitar and vocal talent, at the right volume, that raises the experience of any venue to a great one. Bravo to the Cedar Creek Grille for enhancing their good food, bar and service with great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience...DinerDined on 10/1/2014Our waiter was very attentive but not overly smothering. The food was prepared as ordered and tasted delicious. We have eaten here several times now and have had nothing but positive experiences. I would love to sit out in bar area as it seems very comfortable and relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak in Beechwood, OHMarkKVIPDined on 9/30/2014I had the filet, which was served with spicy green beans - very good. My colleague had crab cakes and raved about them. They're wine list offers plenty of by-the-glass options. Our server was in training, but was well-supervised (which is the right way to do it). We sat on the covered patio because of the fair weather, but I suspect it's even nicer during the summer. This was my second visit, and I've found it consistently good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great atmosphere and great food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicecimarronDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent; trout, salmon and ribeye, along with vegetables, etc. Sous Chef stopped by our table in celebration of special occasion; very nice personal touch. Heartily recommend Cedar Creek Grille.
- Nice ambiance but that's itLikegoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014Food arrived quickly. My salmon was not seasoned. My daughter's Cajun pasta was lukewarm and bland. Our waiter was less attentive than we would have liked. With so many surrounding restaurants I won't be going back.
- UniqueMoldoDined on 9/26/2014When I first came into the restaurant I was very surprised at how beautiful the decor was. A good mix of quite and cozy while having the charms of an expensive restaurant. The service took awhile at first and waiting for the check though. The food came out fast and was the best part of the restaurant. The menu is diverse and an extensive wine list was great.Special Features:
- Nice place - don't be latejatskiDined on 9/22/2014Was happy to find this nice restaurant by Beachwood Mall open late (8:45p) on a Monday night. Greeted nicely at the door and quickly taken to booth in middle of restaurant. Could have been loud on a busy night but not so on a Monday - just right. Server was polite but somewhat detached. Appetizer (full artichoke, which is rare to get in a restaurant) was very good. Salmon entree just slightly overcooked, but tasty - fries were delicious. Disappointment of the night was when we asked for dessert menus. Server said he would get them. He returned 3 or 4 minutes later telling us the kitchen closed at 9:45p - time was exactly 9:45p and 30 seconds at that point - and not even cold dessert like ice cream was available.
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014Food was fair, the server was less than stellar. Overall didn't make a good impression for our clients that were in town from St. Paul.Special Features:
- Fun placeJackieDined on 9/18/2014Most Thursday's there is great entertainment in the outer room. But if you want quiet there is that too, in the inner room . Good is good. Happy hour good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedoutandaboutVIPDined on 9/16/2014Although the restaurant has a nice ambiance and the patio is beautiful, I was not impressed with the food. Although they had roasted potatoes served with their special, they would not allow us to substitute the fries that came with the meal with the roasted potatoes. My house salad, could have been tasty, but it was drenched in dressing, and my blackened shrimp tacos had nothing but two lonely pieces of shrimp in the tortilla. Other meals were also just fair.
- Monday Night OutLuteVIPDined on 9/15/2014My wife and I decided at the last minute to head out for dinner and decided to make a return visit to Cedar Creek. There was space at the bar - - and decided to sit there and not at a table. The food was excellent, and choices of wine were wonderful. Would have licked to have seen better service, and since the place was not busy, not sure why we it seemed like we were forgotten. But, will return again and this is a great place to have a night out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Our waiter was very good in every way. Our table was in the bar area and in front of the large glass window looking onto the porch which made our time very comfortable, very pleasant. Only criticism I have is with the price of the 14 oz prime rib showing on the menu as $26.00 but being told that the price went up to $28.00 a couple of weeks ago....menu just hadn't been updated. Food was very good as was our server who brought out a birthday treat with a candle for the person at our table having a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only the wine prices were lower!EdwardVIPDined on 9/14/2014... then this restaurant would be a great choice. However, they overcharge and I love to have wine with my meal so it is not my first choice.
- exceeded expectationsDlilyretesDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic curb appeal and ample parking. The inside has great decor and I love all the wood. I sat at the bar and was very comfortable. I had the lobster bisque and spicy green beans along with hand cut fries (my favorite) and it was all delicious! The bisque and beans had a nice pop of heat. My bar attendant paired a buttery chardonnay w oak undertones and it was perfect. The staff was so gracious. It is appropriate for any age but since it is a busy grille environment I would suggest speaking w the front of house manager regarding a quiet intimate dining experience. CHEERS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant!AEGGDined on 9/13/2014Cedar Creek Grille is a good restaurant to keep on your list. Make sure to check the menu before dining because you may find that your favorite entree is no longer available. They do have items for children, although they do not have a printed children's menu. Their regular menu has a range of items from hamburgers to fresh fish or steak. Do recommend!Special Features:
- BBF3Dined on 9/12/2014limited menu but good. The venue is quite attractive with the Cleveland photos and the dark woodwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb and Superior!Piqua41VIPDined on 9/12/2014We have returned to Cedar Creek Grille many times for a variety of reasons: a great and innovative menu with offerings we like (creative but not too "out there"), beautiful ambiance, fine service and reasonable prices. Yet due to the decor, you still feel like you're somewhere else besides the busy corner of Cedar & Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best for lunchHiltyDined on 9/7/2014We have had lunch often and for the first time had dinner. Did not think dinner menu was very impressive. Prefer lunch.Special Features:
- Very LoudHappyJunoDined on 9/6/2014Very comfortable booth, good food, good service. Little pricey. Maybe a dining spot for special occasions. May not be a destination for romance....my date & I couldn't hear each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectFrequentFlierDined on 9/5/2014The service was excellent and the angel hair pasta w/shrimp, the Delmonico steak and the crab cake were all excellent. The pork chop was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no return1sttimeDined on 9/5/2014Too noisy. Table configuration made it hard to have conversation. Food just fair for high price. Bread made to the table with the entrées.
- Friendly and relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014It is a well run place with very attentive service. The food is good but this time my fries were very over cooked!The fish was done well though and past meals have been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food near Beachwood MallDondeDined on 9/1/2014Cedar Creek Grille provides excellent food at a reasonable price. Hours are convenient: Mon: 11am-10pm Tue: 11am-10pm Wed: 11am-10pm Thu: 11am-10pm Fri: 11am-11pm Sat: 11am-11pm Sun: 10am-11pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, mediocre serviceDininglibrarian216Dined on 8/31/2014We've enjoyed dining here over the past year. This time our service was mediocre. Waiter poured water before our friends arrived for all of us. Our friends Prime Rib was quite fatty and bloody red though she ordered it medium. We called him back-he said the kitchen said she should cut into it because the interior should be medium. He, however, neglected to tell her that when he served her. It was obviously still too rare but she didn't want to send it back. He also removed all the bread and butter before our dinners came. I've had the salmon a number of times and this time it was a bit dry. The hot fudge sundae had a sauce that was neither hot nor fudgy but rather runny. We will return and give this beautiful restaurant another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulQueenDined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated his 35th birthday over dinner and everyone wished him a happy birthday. From the hostess to the busser. He was served ice cream with a candle and I didn't have to ask. Everyone was delightful and the food was great. We enjoyed the romantic setting and the quiet dining experience. I found the prices to be just right and not overly priced for the area. We will be going back in the future. I recommend Cedar Creek Grille to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serverDavidVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I come here alot, and love the food! The server, Lauren, was so good! She answer all of our questions and was very knowledgeable about the menu and the food! She seem friendly and understand all of our needs. The next time we come we r going to sit in her section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereBlishDined on 8/29/2014This is my third experience at Cedar Creek Grille. Not only is the food amazing, yet the wine list, ambiance and outdoor patio are exceptional. The patio has a full bar and on the Friday night I was there it had a live band. My most favorite element to this restaurant is the way it encompasses "old" Cleveland, with its wooden floors and bar; yet blends in contemporary style with it overall decor. The black and white photos of the city on the walls remind me of how much I truly appreciate being a Clevelander. It has become my favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 8/28/2014I have enjoyed a number of meals here since their opening. The chop chop salad in particular is wonderful. This time I had the special, St Louis ribs & I wasn't thrilled with the meal. Meat was tough; flavor ok. Past experience dictates I try 1-2 more times before deciding to recommend or return.
- Lovely patio and food, poor servicegirlsnightoutfordinnerDined on 8/26/2014The ambience is lovely on the covered patio, however the service is extremely lacking. The servers were either understaffed or undertrained or both, but it made for a very uncomfortable experience. The food was actually very good. The tomato flatbread with the balsamic reduction makes me want to try it again, however, I would hesitate because of the service.
- Monday was not a great night to goGmanDined on 8/26/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times prior and it's usually pretty good, but in this case, it was on a Monday evening and left us a little disappointed. Simply stated, they must have had their B team playing that night. Waiter was cordial but terribly undertrained and definitely not ready for prime time. The host/maitre'd was....well let's just say he was not friendly and welcoming. Ordered salmon medium, came out well done, but they quickly replaced it. NY strip ordered MR was also a little overcooked but still enjoyable. For appetizers, Calamari was light and perfectly cooked, deviled eggs a joy as always, and my wife's lobster bisque was rich and tasty albeit a little thick for my taste. Still, a nice place, locally owned.Special Features:
- Enjoyed againstamandVIPDined on 8/26/2014Dovan was our server and did an excellent job of taking care of us three ladies. We hadn't seen each other in a while so he gave us the space while we caught up. We shared a flatbread appetizer. Two of the party had seafood dishes that they loved and I had the chicken again. All of us had enough for leftovers later in the week. It was half price wine night which made the evening all the more better! This was my fifth trip and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We were here for the 2nd time. Our son and his wife-first time. Really good restaurant. Great service, Chris and very responsive management with Tyler quick emails. Anybody thining of going to Cedar Creek Grille will not be disappointed.Special Features: