Ceci Italian Restaurant
46 West 46 Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ceci Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cecirestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123075484x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Fridays Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Saturdays - Sundays Lunch: 12noon - 4:00pm;
Sundays Dinner 4:00pm -9:00pm;
Mondays Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Tuesdays - Friday Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Saturday Dinner 4pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tony Naxi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room is a wonderful choice for your next social or corporate event. Warm and inviting, our dining area can be customized to suit your many different needs, from an intimate, business dinner and presentation to a festive reception for 65 people. For larger parties, we also offer the option for a full buy-out.
Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Marcello Papa 2123075484x
- Entertainment: We have now private room, please contact us if you are interest for a private event.
available for up to 30 pp, for your businesses and dining experience
- Special Events: we can caterer for your party at our location for all ocasions call Marcello
A word from Ceci Italian Restaurant
A Diamond in the Diamond district, a home away from home in Times Square NY, a New Show in the Theater District... A delicious Cuisine with the experience of a staff working together for more than 10 years, to add care and gusto to hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ceci Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (29)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (24)romantic (20)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect Meal for a Perfect DayMicpepDined on 10/18/2014I decided to get my sisters together for a weekend which we spent in NYC i wanted a restaurant within walking distance from our hotel and reasonable prices. That is what lead me to Ceci. There were 8 of us, we arrived 10 minutes early and we seated within 3 minutes. The service was good and food outstanding we all had different meals and all were excellent, portions were large we all could not finish our meals. Would recommend for dinner great Italian food from an Italian.Special Features:
- Pre theaterAdonsDined on 10/18/2014Ceci is well located for pre theater. The food is better than most, which made the slightly disjointed service bearable. I will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful staff and food! Location great for afternoon matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Employees were pleasant and attentive. Food was delicious and portions plentiful. In an area full of Italian restaurants, Ceci stands out way above those we have previously dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014some good food and friendly staff. my favorite local italian spot in the mid40sSpecial Features:
- Disappointingjzp53VIPDined on 10/1/2014I have been here on a few occasions and enjoyed great food and service. Went there for a pre theater dinner and was disappointed. We sat for at least 7-10 minutes before anyone came to take a drink order. Waiters and waitresses walked by us as if we were invisible. The owner finally came over as my friend had a question on the drink menu. He eventually took our orders but acted as though it was a bother. We had to wait a long time for our drinks as the owner was also bartending. The food was good but potato crusted salmon is not salmon with a potato pancake thrown on top of it. My friends had pasta dishes which were good but overall, the service and food (for me) was disappointing. I don't think I'll be back.
- So happy with CeciNYTheatergoerDined on 10/1/2014We tried Ceci based on location and reviews on Open Table. What a great experience! Our waiters were very attentive and delivered all of our special requests perfectly. My friend is avoiding gluten and was happy to find that the vegetable soup is prepared without pasta. We were told that we could have pasta added, if we wanted. How simple to be able to cater to a gluten-free diet! I have trouble finding perfectly cooked pasta: most restaurants think that they are serving "al dente" when, in fact, it is (by my standard) undercooked (hard to raw). The pasta at Ceci is exactly as I would cook it "al dente" at home: firm. We are looking forward to trying other menu choices in the future. Thank you, Ceci for a great meal!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantIluvNYDined on 9/27/2014Every time we go to Ceci's the food is always delicious. This time we had salmon, spaghetti and ravioli... all so good! The service is very attentive and the atmosphere is great. I love this restaurant. The location is perfect too! It is our place to go when we visit NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightHungryJohnDined on 9/27/2014The food was fabulous and the service was great! We were greated at the door with care, we had a reservation and After a short walk from Times Square. We were there right on the time to be seated, they got real busy, but no complains. We had some drinks to start and wine with our meal. The wine list will get some changes, mentioned adding some more choices. The house salad was surprisingly specially presented where I had ordered the Ceasar salad and asked to replace with it and my waiter did it without a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice before Broadway showTXmfredDined on 9/24/2014The meals chosen by everyone were very good. Also good selection of wines. Service was friendly and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sofamilyVIPDined on 9/22/2014I guess you get what you pay for. So many wonderful restaurants in NYC, so skip this one.
- Many gluten free choices availableJudyDined on 9/22/2014The food and staff were very nice and attentive. It was clear that they knew several return customers by name and their favorite foods. Will return again very soon and will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Choice!HungryJohnDined on 9/21/2014When went to a show near times square And searched on open table for a italian restaurant! We were very happy with our choice! The food was amazingly tasty, starting with the crab cake and mussel, nice suggested a Orvieto wine to Mach our food! For dinner I had the stake and my wife had the Chilean seabass both were delicious well prepared and presented, we shared also a spaghetti as a side! We over ordered the food so we didn't have room for desserts! The service was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu suggestions and wine matching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great midtown restaurantFoodnaticVIPDined on 9/21/2014"I brought my friends and they were very much impressed with food (not only tastes but presentation also ),service (attentive, friendly and courteous). Our drinks and wine were very good also. I always come here, and I'll definitely come again with my friends and guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceci Italian RestaurantCountrygirlDined on 9/20/2014We were in NYC for the day to see Cinderella musical. I selected this restaurant on Open Table for dinner because of the overall rating, food selection, price, and it was kid-friendly. I was not disappointed. We were seated immediately. I chose from the price fixe menu (Ceasar salad/Tilapia w/ vegs/Cheesecake). The ceasar salad was okay with fresh pepper. The tilapia with vegetables was delish. The cheesecake was light and creamy. Yum. The service was outstanding. I would definitely come back again when in NYC. Everyone else had spaghetti meatballs or another pasta dish and enjoyed it as well.Special Features:
- Nice pre-theater choiceManhattanboomerDined on 9/18/2014Maybe because it is not quite in the central theater district, this place was not too crowded one recent night. It's attractive , good service, not too expensive, and the chicken francaise I ordered was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a delight!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Went out to dinner with some co-workers (six of us) after work. We were meeting for the first time, since they work in NYC and I work on Long Island. It had a wonderful ambiance. The food was excellent all around. The service was very good. We were there early enough to have the place almost to ourselves and therefore able to have lots of laughing out loud!!! Once it started to fill up, we were respectful, but all in all, a very nice place. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placefeedme43Dined on 9/11/2014Reasonably priced restaurant in the theater district. The food is great! Very friendly staff. Easy walk to theaters and time square.Special Features:
- pdg123VIPDined on 9/7/2014The place fine if you're in the neighborhood. djfkasjfk;sjdajdl;g;a
- Great for a business dinnerARreviewsDined on 9/4/2014Took a business associate here for dinner. I have eaten here several times and this was another good experience.Special Features:
- A Nice FindMRK42VIPDined on 9/3/2014Very reasonably priced and well prepared food.....consistent. An easy walk for lunch or dinner before or after the theater.
- A GREAT EXPERIENCE - CECIveggieloverDined on 8/27/2014The food, as simple as it was, was so well prepared and the presentation was magnificent....I am a vegetarian, so I had tomato & fresh mozzarella...so tasty.....and the Ceci salad was so good looking & tasty....people sitting next to us commented on the appearance...the pizza and calamari were also well liked by my husband....would make this my go to place in NYC>...Special Features:
- tollandfoodieDined on 8/26/2014I needed a place for a business dinner before a stressful meeting. This place gave us a great place to bond over good food with a reasonably priced wine list. Everyone agreed that this was a great find so near the theater district.Special Features:
- Lovely Italian RestaurantManhattaniteVIPDined on 8/19/2014This place was an unexpected find. We've walked pass this place for a long time. So glad that we stepped into an old, but wonderful restaurant. Food was delicious. Attentive service. And they were happy to accommodate our birthday dessert request (as well as for the other 2 tables which had birthdays too). Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not a Foodie RestaurantteeserDined on 8/17/2014I can do better at home. I had chicken marsala and they used canned mushrooms! Chicken and sauce was average but the canned mushrooms killed it. Looks like their pasta is what they are best at. The angel hair pasta I had was much better.
- Pre-Broadway DinnerCarolynSDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner before a Broadway show. We all chose from the prix fixe menu and were extremely satisfied. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not worthwhileLaneDined on 8/15/2014Although the atmosphere at Ceci was fine and it is fairly convenient to the theater district (as well as midtown), the food was very mediocre. The mussels were tiny and tasteless, the tilapia was fishy and tasted awful and the chicken was just OK...edible but not very good. It was a special occasion and we hoped for a special meal pre-theater, but it was not happening there. The people were very nice though and the service was good.
- ketaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I've been here once before & both times, the food was great. Service was good also. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Made our reservation on Open Table..so easy. Ceci was a lovely dinner pre-theatre experience. Husband was able to special order his veal exactly how he wanted which made him (and me) happy. Dinners were delicious. Salmon was flavorful and am ample portion. Veggies were varied and seasoned and cooked to perfection. Bread was crunchy and tasty. Water glasses promptly refilled. Another best is that the restaurant was across the street from out hotel! Will definitely return when next in NY in October.Special Features:
- Fabulous!JuiceyDined on 8/15/2014When i want to get together with friends, i always come to CECI. I love the food and the great service you get here. This is definitely one of my favorite Italian resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Again & Again & ...MattDined on 8/14/2014It's always good to see friends especially when you know they won't let you down. We brought cousins from out-of-town for a pre-theater dinner and mentioned it was their anniversary. After the main course, out came a dessert with a candle! As always, the food was served hot and delicious and by a friendly and concerned wait staff. If you are going to the theater, east of Seventh Avenue, you should not-no-MUST NOT miss trying Ceci's. You'll com back again & again & ...Special Features:
- Good place for a business lunchARreviewsDined on 8/14/2014Quiet and unhurried. A very nice place for a business lunch with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante solo economicoArchi56Dined on 8/10/2014Pizza immangiabile, lo sconsiglio. Meglio spendere qualche dollaro in più altrove. La cucina italiana qui non sanno cosa è!
- Pre-theatreDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to cici for dinner before a broadway show. The place was quiet and pleasant. We started with the caprese salad and beet salad. Both were fresh and delicious. My husband had veal Parmesan and I had sea bass for entrees. Portions size was average. Food was very good. We had Tartuffo for dessert. We asked for fresh fruit, but they did not have any. All in all a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great and affordable menujoliVIPDined on 8/7/2014Visited Ceci with a group of 15 people and they were very accommodating. Servers were very attentive to the table and meals were delivered in a timely manner considering the size of the group. Very affordable wine menu and the prix fixe menu was perfect for the large group. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for those visiting Times Square and would like to avoid chain restaurants.Special Features:
- Not sure why it was so emptyMattyhsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Above average Italian restaurant in a location without a lot of choices. Very fresh food and the lack of a crowd made conversation at a business lunch easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Food was good and reasonably priced. A good place for a working lunch.Special Features:
- Great!GmanDined on 8/3/2014Great food at an affordable price away from the touristy times square area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abssezgoDined on 8/3/2014interesting & unusual menu choices, beet salad particularly good tasting; good bread good negroni @ a reasonable price; a "full" glass of Campari AND with a slice of orange and not too much ice! (very unusual) very nicely presented and tasting very good - who could ask for anything more? really good location for the theater - after a Sunday matinee a good crowd was beginning to arrive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Took our grown children to dinner here before the theater. All aspects were "good", but compared to others we've visited it wasn't "great". In NYC with the options and at the prices you want great.