Ceci Italian Restaurant
46 West 46 Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ceci Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cecirestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 307-5484
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Fridays Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Saturdays - Sundays Lunch: 12noon - 4:00pm;
Sundays Dinner 4:00pm -9:00pm;
Mondays Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Tuesdays - Friday Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Saturday Dinner 4pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tony Naxi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have now private room, please contact us if you are interest for a private event.
available for up to 30 pp, for your businesses and dining experience
- Special Events: we can caterer for your party at our location for all ocasions call Marcello
A word from Ceci Italian Restaurant
A Diamond in the Diamond district, a home away from home in Times Square NY, a New Show in the Theater District... A delicious Cuisine with the experience of a staff working together for more than 10 years, to add care and gusto to hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ceci Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (22)great for lunch (22)romantic (17)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014It's so beautiful and quiet , I had a great Time with my boyfriend , it was my 21st birthday, great staff and The food was hot and amazing, would go back there again soon!!! Beyond Amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Again and Lovin' It!MattVIPDined on 11/19/2014You ned to look up my other ten reviews about Ceci to see that we enjoy going back again and again. It's definitely not the discount they offer when you show them your tickets to the RoundAbout Theater Company down the block that brings us back time and again-although it's nice. What brings us back over and over again is the greeting we get when we walk in, the recognition that another customer is pleased with food, drink, service and surroundings. The bar makes filled-glass drinks that are at the right temperature and made the way they should be made. The food comes out at the proper temperature and tasting the way I imagine an old Italian grandmother would have prepared it. Come in. Enjoy the warmth of good food served by wonderful people who are happy when you are happy. Ceci-Mangiare bene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reasonable midtown findletotherscookVIPDined on 11/18/2014We chose Ceci because it was close to a play we were seeing. The food is reasonably priced -- $30+ prix fixe -- and they have a great pizza menu with choose-your-own options. Everything we ate was nicely presented and quite good, especially from a value/price perspective. The atmosphere is relaxing; it's small and reasonably quiet. And a shoutout to the bartender, a very friendly, lovely young woman who turned a typical bar wait into a nice experience for everyone at the small but packed bar. Definitely recommended, especially for theatre-goers with shows west of Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly, clean and good food.KJPabcVIPDined on 11/16/2014We went to Ceci after a Sunday matinee. We were seated immediately. They remembered that it was my daughter's friends birthday from the comment I put on Open Table and they came over and sang happy birthday with the candle in the dessert we ordered. We would definitely come back and I will let my friend know that they have gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have 2 hours before the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014It's a dilemma: The food was good, the service was above average BUT it took an hour just to get my salad. In total, I counted 14 people who seemed to have theater tickets, came around 5:45 pm and had to leave before their food arrived so that they would not be late for their show. Pity!
- Great for after theater dinnerCarolCDined on 11/15/2014We went for dinner after a matinee. Our table was read and our drink order was taken immediately. When we said we were not in a hurry, we were able to relax, enjoy our wine, and then order dinner. Dinner was very good - I had the potato crusted salmon, my friends had the lasagna and the ossa bucco. Nice atmosphere, good service. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theatreRdr525VIPDined on 11/9/2014Have eaten here a few times. Service is always pleasant. Nice warm bread was put pn table. We shared a salad. My dh had a pasta with sausage dish which he liked a lot. It had Gorgonzola cheese which I do not like. I had fillet of sole. It was ok. I would return but would get a different main course-something more Italian
- Ceci Italian resturantmikey1946Dined on 11/9/2014We dined at Ceci Italian restaurant after going to a matinee on Broadway. We reserved a table at Ceci because of the reviews on Open Table. The outside of the restaurant is not the most appealing but the inside is well set up and the service and food is very good. My friend had Salmon which was cooked to perfection and I a Salmon hater even thought it was good. I had Chicken Marsala which was just packed with Mushrooms and a light and very tasty sauce.Special Features:
- Good food and ambiance!Cougar1Dined on 11/8/2014We were a large group of 15 and they accommodated us the same day. Staff is friendly and the food was good.Special Features:
- What a Find!!RYN55Dined on 11/8/2014Ceci's was not a first choice, but after a delicious meal, will definitely become one. Get the Osso Bucco; it's the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceMeffDined on 11/8/2014Had 6pm reservations, and tickets to an 8pm play on Broadway. Had requested a quiet table away from the bar for our special occasion, only to be initially sat directly under the TV set next to the bar. After about 10 minutes, the manager turned it from the start of a bad evening to a great evening by splitting up a 6-top in the back and checking on us serveral times throughout the evening. Great service, great food, and reasonable prices. The entrance seems like it is on a side street, but once at the restaurant it is simply the best! We plan to go right back to this restaurant when we are back in NY in a few months for another great evening. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceFran516Dined on 11/8/2014Couldn't get into Tony DiNapoli after show. Took a Chance with this restaurant it was a great choice. !!Special Features:
- magnifico!WabbittDined on 11/8/2014Delicious Food. Great service. Moderate prices. Wonderful decor. Good location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHungryJohnDined on 11/4/2014We had amazing house salad and a great pizza and lasagna with a very nice matching wine by our waiter. The service was very professional, attentive and personal! We will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Service and FoodFoodnaticVIPDined on 11/3/2014We arrived a little late for our reservation but we were seated promptly! We had some drinks to start and wine with our meal! The steak was great and also my wife's carbonara! The service was friendly and knowledgeble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, reasonable pricesleftyVIPDined on 11/2/2014Food was very good and there was a good variety of pastas and meat dishes. We both had chicken which was fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- luv2dinDined on 11/1/2014i enjoyed the food at this restaurant. ihad request a glutton free meal because of a friend and she was please that they offer such a meal. would eat at this place againSpecial Features:
- DisappointedStarDined on 10/27/2014Food was mediocre and service was slow. They left out one of our orders. Very disappointed.
- Delicious!kendallDined on 10/25/2014I came here with a group of ten. The service was great! We each ordered something different and everyone loved their dish. I made the reservation based on location and reasonable prices on the menu. We were not disappointed. I will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what is inside is what countsPlainJaneDined on 10/24/2014It may not look like much from the outside. In fact, it was hard to find the door. But the food and wine was wonderful, as was the mood inside. Excellent first meal in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with co-workersgarmanDined on 10/22/2014Great little place to have lunch with co-workers and not have to deal with annoying tourists! Can't beat the lunch specials. Three co-workers had the salmon and couldn't stop raving about it...moist and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prefixe Menuredrose5200VIPDined on 10/22/2014This is my second time eating at Ceci and the food has been good both times. The prefix menu has great selections at a reasonable price and the portions are big. I love their hot Italian bread, delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect Meal for a Perfect DayMicpepVIPDined on 10/18/2014I decided to get my sisters together for a weekend which we spent in NYC i wanted a restaurant within walking distance from our hotel and reasonable prices. That is what lead me to Ceci. There were 8 of us, we arrived 10 minutes early and we seated within 3 minutes. The service was good and food outstanding we all had different meals and all were excellent, portions were large we all could not finish our meals. Would recommend for dinner great Italian food from an Italian.Special Features:
- Pre theaterAdonsDined on 10/18/2014Ceci is well located for pre theater. The food is better than most, which made the slightly disjointed service bearable. I will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful staff and food! Location great for afternoon matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Employees were pleasant and attentive. Food was delicious and portions plentiful. In an area full of Italian restaurants, Ceci stands out way above those we have previously dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014some good food and friendly staff. my favorite local italian spot in the mid40sSpecial Features:
- Disappointingjzp53VIPDined on 10/1/2014I have been here on a few occasions and enjoyed great food and service. Went there for a pre theater dinner and was disappointed. We sat for at least 7-10 minutes before anyone came to take a drink order. Waiters and waitresses walked by us as if we were invisible. The owner finally came over as my friend had a question on the drink menu. He eventually took our orders but acted as though it was a bother. We had to wait a long time for our drinks as the owner was also bartending. The food was good but potato crusted salmon is not salmon with a potato pancake thrown on top of it. My friends had pasta dishes which were good but overall, the service and food (for me) was disappointing. I don't think I'll be back.
- So happy with CeciNYTheatergoerDined on 10/1/2014We tried Ceci based on location and reviews on Open Table. What a great experience! Our waiters were very attentive and delivered all of our special requests perfectly. My friend is avoiding gluten and was happy to find that the vegetable soup is prepared without pasta. We were told that we could have pasta added, if we wanted. How simple to be able to cater to a gluten-free diet! I have trouble finding perfectly cooked pasta: most restaurants think that they are serving "al dente" when, in fact, it is (by my standard) undercooked (hard to raw). The pasta at Ceci is exactly as I would cook it "al dente" at home: firm. We are looking forward to trying other menu choices in the future. Thank you, Ceci for a great meal!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantIluvNYDined on 9/27/2014Every time we go to Ceci's the food is always delicious. This time we had salmon, spaghetti and ravioli... all so good! The service is very attentive and the atmosphere is great. I love this restaurant. The location is perfect too! It is our place to go when we visit NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightHungryJohnDined on 9/27/2014The food was fabulous and the service was great! We were greated at the door with care, we had a reservation and After a short walk from Times Square. We were there right on the time to be seated, they got real busy, but no complains. We had some drinks to start and wine with our meal. The wine list will get some changes, mentioned adding some more choices. The house salad was surprisingly specially presented where I had ordered the Ceasar salad and asked to replace with it and my waiter did it without a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice before Broadway showTXmfredDined on 9/24/2014The meals chosen by everyone were very good. Also good selection of wines. Service was friendly and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sofamilyVIPDined on 9/22/2014I guess you get what you pay for. So many wonderful restaurants in NYC, so skip this one.
- Many gluten free choices availableJudyDined on 9/22/2014The food and staff were very nice and attentive. It was clear that they knew several return customers by name and their favorite foods. Will return again very soon and will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Choice!HungryJohnDined on 9/21/2014When went to a show near times square And searched on open table for a italian restaurant! We were very happy with our choice! The food was amazingly tasty, starting with the crab cake and mussel, nice suggested a Orvieto wine to Mach our food! For dinner I had the stake and my wife had the Chilean seabass both were delicious well prepared and presented, we shared also a spaghetti as a side! We over ordered the food so we didn't have room for desserts! The service was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu suggestions and wine matching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great midtown restaurantFoodnaticVIPDined on 9/21/2014"I brought my friends and they were very much impressed with food (not only tastes but presentation also ),service (attentive, friendly and courteous). Our drinks and wine were very good also. I always come here, and I'll definitely come again with my friends and guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceci Italian RestaurantCountrygirlDined on 9/20/2014We were in NYC for the day to see Cinderella musical. I selected this restaurant on Open Table for dinner because of the overall rating, food selection, price, and it was kid-friendly. I was not disappointed. We were seated immediately. I chose from the price fixe menu (Ceasar salad/Tilapia w/ vegs/Cheesecake). The ceasar salad was okay with fresh pepper. The tilapia with vegetables was delish. The cheesecake was light and creamy. Yum. The service was outstanding. I would definitely come back again when in NYC. Everyone else had spaghetti meatballs or another pasta dish and enjoyed it as well.Special Features:
- Nice pre-theater choiceManhattanboomerDined on 9/18/2014Maybe because it is not quite in the central theater district, this place was not too crowded one recent night. It's attractive , good service, not too expensive, and the chicken francaise I ordered was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a delight!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Went out to dinner with some co-workers (six of us) after work. We were meeting for the first time, since they work in NYC and I work on Long Island. It had a wonderful ambiance. The food was excellent all around. The service was very good. We were there early enough to have the place almost to ourselves and therefore able to have lots of laughing out loud!!! Once it started to fill up, we were respectful, but all in all, a very nice place. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placefeedme43Dined on 9/11/2014Reasonably priced restaurant in the theater district. The food is great! Very friendly staff. Easy walk to theaters and time square.Special Features: