Ceci Italian Restaurant
46 West 46 Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ceci Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cecirestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123075484x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Fridays Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Saturdays - Sundays Lunch: 12noon - 4:00pm;
Sundays Dinner 4:00pm -9:00pm;
Mondays Dinner 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
Tuesdays - Friday Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Saturday Dinner 4pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tony Naxi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room is a wonderful choice for your next social or corporate event. Warm and inviting, our dining area can be customized to suit your many different needs, from an intimate, business dinner and presentation to a festive reception for 65 people. For larger parties, we also offer the option for a full buy-out.
Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Marcello Papa 2123075484x
- Special Events: we can caterer for your party at our location for all ocasions call Marcello
A word from Ceci Italian Restaurant
A Diamond in the Diamond district, a home away from home in Times Square NY, a New Show in the Theater District... A delicious Cuisine with the experience of a staff working together for more than 10 years, to add care and gusto to hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ceci Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (43)special occasion (39)great for lunch (36)fit for foodies (36)romantic (27)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (15)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014I needed a place for a business dinner before a stressful meeting. This place gave us a great place to bond over good food with a reasonably priced wine list. Everyone agreed that this was a great find so near the theater district.Special Features:
- Not a Foodie RestaurantteeserDined on 8/17/2014I can do better at home. I had chicken marsala and they used canned mushrooms! Chicken and sauce was average but the canned mushrooms killed it. Looks like their pasta is what they are best at. The angel hair pasta I had was much better.
- Pre-Broadway DinnerCarolynSDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner before a Broadway show. We all chose from the prix fixe menu and were extremely satisfied. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not worthwhileLaneDined on 8/15/2014Although the atmosphere at Ceci was fine and it is fairly convenient to the theater district (as well as midtown), the food was very mediocre. The mussels were tiny and tasteless, the tilapia was fishy and tasted awful and the chicken was just OK...edible but not very good. It was a special occasion and we hoped for a special meal pre-theater, but it was not happening there. The people were very nice though and the service was good.
- ketaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I've been here once before & both times, the food was great. Service was good also. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Made our reservation on Open Table..so easy. Ceci was a lovely dinner pre-theatre experience. Husband was able to special order his veal exactly how he wanted which made him (and me) happy. Dinners were delicious. Salmon was flavorful and am ample portion. Veggies were varied and seasoned and cooked to perfection. Bread was crunchy and tasty. Water glasses promptly refilled. Another best is that the restaurant was across the street from out hotel! Will definitely return when next in NY in October.Special Features:
- Fabulous!JuiceyDined on 8/15/2014When i want to get together with friends, i always come to CECI. I love the food and the great service you get here. This is definitely one of my favorite Italian resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Again & Again & ...MattDined on 8/14/2014It's always good to see friends especially when you know they won't let you down. We brought cousins from out-of-town for a pre-theater dinner and mentioned it was their anniversary. After the main course, out came a dessert with a candle! As always, the food was served hot and delicious and by a friendly and concerned wait staff. If you are going to the theater, east of Seventh Avenue, you should not-no-MUST NOT miss trying Ceci's. You'll com back again & again & ...Special Features:
- Good place for a business lunchARreviewsDined on 8/14/2014Quiet and unhurried. A very nice place for a business lunch with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante solo economicoArchi56Dined on 8/10/2014Pizza immangiabile, lo sconsiglio. Meglio spendere qualche dollaro in più altrove. La cucina italiana qui non sanno cosa è!
- Pre-theatreDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to cici for dinner before a broadway show. The place was quiet and pleasant. We started with the caprese salad and beet salad. Both were fresh and delicious. My husband had veal Parmesan and I had sea bass for entrees. Portions size was average. Food was very good. We had Tartuffo for dessert. We asked for fresh fruit, but they did not have any. All in all a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great and affordable menujoliVIPDined on 8/7/2014Visited Ceci with a group of 15 people and they were very accommodating. Servers were very attentive to the table and meals were delivered in a timely manner considering the size of the group. Very affordable wine menu and the prix fixe menu was perfect for the large group. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for those visiting Times Square and would like to avoid chain restaurants.Special Features:
- Not sure why it was so emptyMattyhsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Above average Italian restaurant in a location without a lot of choices. Very fresh food and the lack of a crowd made conversation at a business lunch easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Food was good and reasonably priced. A good place for a working lunch.Special Features:
- Great!GmanDined on 8/3/2014Great food at an affordable price away from the touristy times square area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abssezgoDined on 8/3/2014interesting & unusual menu choices, beet salad particularly good tasting; good bread good negroni @ a reasonable price; a "full" glass of Campari AND with a slice of orange and not too much ice! (very unusual) very nicely presented and tasting very good - who could ask for anything more? really good location for the theater - after a Sunday matinee a good crowd was beginning to arrive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Took our grown children to dinner here before the theater. All aspects were "good", but compared to others we've visited it wasn't "great". In NYC with the options and at the prices you want great.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!BroadwayDined on 8/2/2014Most recently I dined at Ceci's on Sunday, 7-27, and Saturday, 8-2! Everything about this restaurant is absolutely wonderful - the location, the atmosphere, the staff (so welcoming and attentive) and the FOOD (SOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS)!!!! Ceci Italian Restaurant is my favorite spot to eat in NYC! SOOOOOOOOO SATISFYING!!!! Everyone at Ceci's always makes my dining experience so DELIGHTFUL in every way!!!!! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Nice find....Pps2010Dined on 8/1/2014We usually go to Chelsea for the restaurants there but decided to find something closer to where we were at 48th street. Ceci's was a nice find. The service was good and non-obtrusive. The prosecco we ordered was crisp and fresh. We are vegetarian and the food we ordered was excellent. Definitely would visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Location, Quiet & RelaxingFrankinHKVIPDined on 7/29/2014After reading the reviews I tried this restaurant. I had a reservation and was greeted with a friendly hello and was promptly seated. The waitress was sweet, friendly, engaging and paid very good attention to us all evening. The restaurant is a very casual, quiet place to dine. Perfect if you want to meet friends to chat over a leisurely meal; we stayed for two hours in total. The food was served promptly but they did not rush us as all throughout the entire meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemfoodtvlrDined on 7/27/2014Great find. Had a wonderful time with friends. Good happy hour specials as well. Situated in a quaint neighborhood east of Park Avenue. After shopping in the high end district, stop in for a great dinner. Staff was awesome and friendly, and even offered other recommendations for dinner locations. Don't miss this one.Special Features:
- Great Find!Ncb126Dined on 7/27/2014I have been to Ceci's many times. This is a first review for me. It is a neighborhood gem. Small and cozy. With the exposed brick and decor it is lovely and comfortable. This time I had a Caesar's salad, veal parm and linguini, with a glass of Merlot. Wish I could have had dessert but was totally stuffed. Excellent meal. Reasonably priced for NYC.Staff is attentive and respectful. Owner was very welcoming. Will be going back again, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!TravelCharlieDined on 7/26/2014Found this via OpenTable and 2 couples went for one's wedding anniversary. Three of us ordered different things from the Prix Fixe menu, one ordered from the standard menu. All of us enjoyed the Caesar Salad and Lobster Bisque (soup of the day), and all the entrees were wonderful. Service was very attentive without being intrusive. We would be delighted to return.Special Features:
- Poor servicegivemegoodfoodreasonablyDined on 7/26/2014Service buy our Russian waitress was poor. She left us waiting a number of times having to ask the bus boy to help us. Salads were great. Pasta dish was subpar to just okay. Ambiance was lacking like they aren't even trying. I would skip this place next time.
- Special Dinner with FriendsCarolmicVIPDined on 7/24/2014Went this past Thursday night with a group of 11, friends and family. I can't list everything we ate but I can say everyone liked what they ate. I shared a baked clam app and for my main course I had the fish of the day. It was snapper with clams and mussels over linguine. It was delicious! This was my 4th time at this restaurant and have not been disappointed yet. The prices are moderate and they do not rush you. I will probably come back again.Special Features:
- Always nice to come back!MattDined on 7/24/2014Just copy what I say each time I write one of these about Ceci. We love coming back to friendly faces, wonderful food and an attentive and happy wait staff. Don't know if I ever mentioned it, but if you are going to the RoundAbout Theater on the next block, mention it at 'check' time and you'll receive a very nice discount. Just show your tickets. And that's NOT the rason we return. We'd come back without the discount!Special Features:
- Great find near Theatre districtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We wanted a smaller quieter place near the theatre district. And we found it. Service was excellent. The food was terrific. We recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Great FindbizzyVIPDined on 7/19/2014My daughter and I had a girls' day/night out, and wanted a great dinner after a fun day. I read all the reviews and was hoping the food would live up to all the hype; it did. I asked for a window seat, and we got the only one they have. Our waiter was knowledgable, and had a sense of humor, which we happen to appreciate. He gave us the time we needed to read the menu and just talk before we ordered; we hate being rushed when we want to dine. My drink was made very well. I asked for extra marinara sauce b/c it was needed and it was brought promptly to the table. We will go back; desserts looked great, but we were too full; we will try next time.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerSCrangaDined on 7/19/2014We went for an early dinner after a 2:00 show. The place had a few customers then but by the time we left it was crowded. I definitely recommend reservations. The staff was excellent. The choices on the menu was great as I would be able to bring my kids here. The food was delicious!!!! We had the ravioli, ziti ( that was on the 3 course menu). And the chicken with artichoke and mushrooms ( also on the 3 course menu). Everything was delicious. The salad was the BOMB, along with the bread. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceci's reviewlorisreviewDined on 7/16/2014I celebrated my 50th birthday at Ceci's and my daughter got engaged. The waitstaff was wonderful. We received a complimentary drink and the waitress took photos for us! The food was delicious(I had the lobster ravioli), and the place was intimate and inviting. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the foodromanmtDined on 7/15/2014Went as pre theater with 5:45 reservation on a Tuesday night, so was less than half full. There was one waiter that seemed to be handling most of the tables. Initially he was very attentive, but got a bit busy when time to bring the bill. Atmosphere was ok and noise level low. Food exceeded our expectations with the Pork Osso Bucco my favorite. Wine by glass selection was fine and typical $10-12 cost. I thought it was good value meal and we would definitely go back again.
- Fantastic as alwaysbillybalooDined on 7/15/2014Ceci's is one of those hidden gems that most people New York may walk right by, well they are missing out on some of best, well made and tasty Italian food I have come across in the city. The staff is fantastic always on the ready but never intrusive. We will continue to make this one haunts in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Great little place for Italian food. Everything we had was very good. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Always a winnerDaffyDined on 7/13/2014I've been to Ceci a few times, and each time I'm delighted with the service, wide selection of food and the quality of the food.Special Features:
- last minute findneverplanaheadDined on 7/12/2014I did a search at 5 pm for restaurants near time square with a 7:30 pm reservation for 4 and found Ceci. After reading the reviews, I made the reservation and could not have been happier with the choice. Food and service were outstanding. Beautiful restaurant as well. We were there for my daughter's 16th birthday and she refused to let me tell the restaurant. Ironically enough, the were birthdays to our right and left and both tables were sung to, so she got the happy birthday song twice :).Special Features:
- Smile pleaseAuguststarDined on 7/10/2014I recommend Ceci for pre- theater dinner. It offers reasonably priced delicious food and attentive service. Marcello, our server was quite mindful of our need to enjoy dinner and still be on time for the theater. The receptionist could be friendlier and use some smiles though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good expereincejd1220Dined on 7/10/2014My friend and I went here for dinner on a weeknight. The host and bar staff were really nice. They were willing to let me sit at the table until my friend arrived, which was nice because most restaurants want your WHOLE party there, but I chose to sit at the bar. The food was good, nothing to rave about, but good Italian food. The shrimp tempura appetizer was really good! Near the end of us dining, our waiter came over and asked us if we would mind moving because they had a party of 18 coming in and they needed our table to complete the only section they could fit the large party. We were fine with moving and they were so nice to give us dessert on the house because of it. Overall, it was a good dining experience, but nothing to rave about.
- Nice restaurantDebbieVIPDined on 7/10/2014Went to this restaurant before going to a Broadway show. The waiter was very attentive and the food was good. We weren't sure what wine to order and the waiter let us sample. We were not rushed at all. I had the seafood and it was good, portions were nice sized.Special Features:
- Carbonaraathomps1Dined on 7/8/2014I love spaghetti carbonara, it is rarely on a menu and if it is, it usually sucks. I asked server about it, she recommended it and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureGAinNYCDined on 7/6/2014We were looking for a restaurant during our trip to New York to see a Broadway show. I had gone on-line to search for a place close enough for us to walk to from the theater. Ceci's came up and reviews made it sound good. I do have to say that the outside appearance gave me some concern - scaffolding, construction area - but the inside is warm and inviting, the staff welcoming, and food amazing. We can recommend Ceci Italian Restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.