475 First St. Suite 9
Solvang, CA 93463Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ceccoristorante.com/
- Phone: 8056888880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: David Cecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: CECCO currently is available for all of your offsite catering needs throughout Santa Barbara, Ventura and Santa Maria County. Chef David Cecchini, along with respected caterer Jill Marut, have teamed up to offer exceptional cuisine, impeccable service and recognized professionalism. You are in capable hands through every aspect of the logistical planning, customized menu creation to the final carrying out of the event. Staffed by an experienced team of chefs and party planners we bring a feeling of assurance to you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private Enoteca room can accommodate up to 25 people for a seated luncheon, dinner, wine tasting or meetings. CECCO is also available for private buy-outs and can accommodate up to 60 people.
A word from CECCO Ristorante
California native and Solvang resident, Chef David Cecchini combines fresh ingredients with diverse influences and years of experience to offer rustic Italian Cuisine in the heart of Santa Barbara Wine Country. The food is Italian in spirit, using local and seasonal ingredients.The menu features Neapolitan inspired, thin crust pizzas baked in an Italian wood burning brick oven with two daily-changing special pies and a "piatto del giorno" from the oven. CECCO'S menu is country casual and friendly, featuring hand made fresh pasta, salumi, salads, grilled meats and seafood. Local wines served by the bottle, glass and quartino are some of CECCO'S other tasteful offerings. Four unique dining areas are offered at CECCO; the casual elegance of the main dining area, along with the convivial dining counter, window counter seating with courtyard views, and the comfort zone at the pizza counter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
CECCO Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Solvang ›
CECCO Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)special occasion (7)romantic (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely outdoor diningFlossie17Dined on 8/15/2014I have been there several times and it always is nice. The food is good and the service is consistent. When one sits outside, one can watch the passers by. The best tiramisu can be had there! The entrees are a bit pricey for what you get. I usually stick with sharing a pizza and a nice salad.Special Features:
- To die for Carbonara!YummoDined on 8/9/2014There Carbonara is amazing. Great Italian beer on tap and special wood fired pizza list. Great for lunch or dinner! Server was fast and very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variable Menu A Little LimitedFoodIsLifeDined on 7/24/2014Our waitress was pleasant and helpful. The food was good, though there wasn't a single chicken dish on the menu that night. My wife settled for the Carbonara without the pork...we picked an Italian restaurant to have pasta; pasta only came with pork or beef that night. They didn't even have chicken that could be have served on the side...just seemed a bit too limited. Everything else was delicious...even the meat-less Carbonara, but my pasta with a pesto had far too much olive oil...it was swimming. And there were an enormous number of flies all during dinner! Not too appetizing. For as expensive as dinner was for three ($90) seems they could have been more generous with the bread (very small amount) or at least offer to refill it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemchrisDined on 7/19/2014Dinner for four, before a show. We were in a hurry but still were able to enjoy a delicious meal as our server was quick, friendly and attentive to our time needs. Food was perfect all the way around.
- consistently goodCasualdinerDined on 6/27/2014I've been here many times before the PCPA show and enjoy the food and wine. The service is excellent and friendly.Special Features:
- DougDined on 6/22/2014We had excellent service. Was somewhat disappointed in the food, though. With so many good restaurants around, this was not one that I will come back to. The food was good, just nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Cecco lunchCalidogDined on 6/21/2014The outside patio is a nice atmosphere the food is good service is fair. The ladies did not seem as friendly as they should be. Like they wanted to be elsewhere instead if work. The computer was down so they asked everyone to pay in cash which we barely scrapped together. They need a old fashion back up plan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsbretroDined on 6/18/2014Waitress was ok... Out of the wine I choose, the only by the glass Pinot on the menu? The salad was over dressed and some of the arugula was slimmy,, crust on pizza was really good. We live in town, never hear great things about this. Restaurant, our 2nd time and last time eating there. We're locals.Special Features:
- SolvangDined on 6/6/2014Food was great and house made deserts are quite good.Special Features:
- CharmingRobabyDined on 5/25/2014I go to Solvang often and this is one of my favorite restaurants. Really good Pizza and Pasta. The service is always good. Prices are very reasonable. It is my go to. I will be there again next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dinnerShareDined on 5/25/2014Made a reservations since it was a holiday weekend. We would given several choices on the location of our seating. We decided to seat outside. The food was excellent. We ordered a caprese salad, calamari, and a pizza. The server was a bit slow and unorganized. However the food outweighed the slow service. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- DeliciousSeejanecookDined on 5/23/2014Solvang is kits yams filled with Danish coffee shops which are great for breakfast, but tough to find a yummy dinner place. This place was delicious. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day dinnerradar60Dined on 5/10/2014Was late with reservations so missed out on our first few choices. As we like Italian food we figured we'd try this restaurant. First timers but definitely not last timers. The service was outstanding on such a busy night and the food was nothing short of remarkable. Great wine list too. It's not cheap but for us it was money very well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to order wood oven baked pizzaFitnessFellowshipDined on 5/10/2014A group of 7 of us ate here after the Santa Ynez 1/2 marathon. Loved eating in the patio. Excellent service! That salads were delicious & the fresh pizza came out so fast! A local gem in the heart of Solvang.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the CECCO Ristorante reviews archive.
- Food was very good, servicebinderbuttDined on 4/12/2014Food was very good, service was slow but satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's goodNoahADined on 4/5/2014here's the thing, when you go to a kitschy town like solvang you know you aren't going to get the best anything but we were definitely happy with our meal. is it great, no, but it was good. if we were in solvang again i'd go back but i wouldn't make any special trips just do go to cecco.Special Features:
- Raviolis and PizzaTheWopDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had our Valentine's Dinner at Cecco. She loves raviolis and the ones we got were awesome. We split them, and that was a good thing. She, nor I, would have wanted to eat a full portion. In addition to tasting great, they are quite rich. And, we also had a pizza to eat, the Wild Boar Sausage. It too was great. The only downside was the noise, a bit loud for my taste. Other than that, we will be back.Special Features:
- Another A+ for CeccoFred66877Dined on 12/15/2013This time we had seven guests dinning with us and each walked away saying we shall return. There was a slight wine order mess up but it was corrected on the spot and made our outing a success?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solvang GemFred66877Dined on 12/7/2013George and Heather came through again by providing us with outstanding service and several great tasting pizzas, they made mine gluten free and I loved it. The chef/owner and all the staff go out of there way to make your dining experience one to remember. They have great wine selection and allow you to taste it to see if you agree with there recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winnerFred66877Dined on 11/17/2013This place rocks, this time I brought 7 guests and George was cooking that night. All the food came out at the same time and was hot and so darn good! Monique was the server and did a great job, we had several Columbian guests in our group and see explained everything in Spanish and made some great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemSharonDined on 11/15/2013We love to split a salad and pizza on Friday night so this is our go to place. i love the decor and feel of italy. The wait staff is attentive and you do not feel as if you need to place a large order to get their attention. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great nite at CeccoFred66877Dined on 11/15/2013Again the crew at Cecco out did themselves by making gluten free flat bread, what a great place. Keep up the great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cecco 101Fred66877Dined on 11/8/2013I must complrment the chief for making a pretty good Gluten Free Pizza, we gave him some hints on how to improve it and he was very understanding. We would like to thank George the manager and to Heather our server, they both did and outstanding job! We will definitely return with friends and clients in the future. Keep up the great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in SolvangOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2013Food very good as was service. Like most restaurants wine prices high. Drink beer or bring your own wine and pay corkageI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just mediocreMangaDined on 10/15/2013Nice wait staff hampered by mediocre food. Cecco's touts their "Italian wood-burning brick oven pizzas", but what we got was a soggy crimini mushroom pizza ($17). Sent it back to see if it could be crisped up, but it was a lost cause. The "Insalata Caesar" ($8) was romaine tossed with parmesan in a dressing devoid of anchovies, despite the description of "anchovy tapenade". The crostini was the size of a quarter. I asked for anchovies and they generously supplied them. We were overcharged for a beer, and that was corrected once we pointed it out. I would not recommend this place, although there are very few decent places to eat in Solvang.
- WonderfulPaperSolutionsDined on 9/14/2013Loved this place. Was in salvang for a play at the outdoor play house. Easy walking distance to the play house. Food and service was great. Sat outside. Very nice. Loved the tortellini stuffed with short rib. Great time. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food tends to be a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2013Food tends to be a little heavy but very good. pasta itself is excellent. Good wine list. Very responsive service.Special Features:
- Lackluster dinner on July 4thsfrefDined on 7/4/2013We were a party of four visiting CECCO for the first time. The room was charming, but the service and the meal left much to be desired. The waitstaff tried, but were not very attentive and seemed distracted. Our bread did not show up until midway through the main course. When my wife ordered a simple pasta pomodoro (not on the menu), our server asked what pasta pomodoro was. The food was (quite) average - CECCO's take on bruschetta was different to the point of being odd. The puttanesca was bland and fairly tasteless, except for the cured olives which were, of course, very salty (and I like salt). There were far too many of them in the pasta given their degree of saltiness. We're not likely to return the next time that we're in the area.
- juppeats3.5starjuppeatsDined on 6/24/2013My guest and I shared a wonderful lunch at CECCO. Had been at wineries so only needed a light lunch. We sat outside, as did most other customers, due to the great weather. We shared the caprese salad and it was outstanding with perfectly ripened heirloom tomatoes, tasty cheese, fresh basil and high quality olive oil. We then shared the pizza pomodoro, and again were impressed by the quality of the tomatoes, as well as the very nicely done oven-baked thin crust. Didn't have enough servers, so some aspects of service were slow, but all in all, we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one problemchrisDined on 6/14/2013We dined before Fiddler Friday night. Our service was excellent, the food was very good except that the half chicken was undercooked. I was tempted to keep eating it because it tasted great....but there were some undercooked areas. The chicken was sent back and was taken off the bill. This won't keep me from trying again as it has been perfect in the past.
- Great food and service!ItalyBelleDined on 5/22/2013This place was recommended by a nearby winery. The food was delicious! I had the chicken which was moist and tendet. I told the waitress it was the best chicken ive ever had! The clams were out of this world. If they would just add linguine to them it woukd make an outrageous white clam sauce! I will visit Cecco again my next time in Solvang.Special Features:
- Great Pizza and PastaAndiamoBrianDined on 5/13/2013The bolognese was amazing - so, so good. We also tried a funghi pizza and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointing.AmesDined on 5/12/2013There were a number of problems with this place. First - the $7 soup portion was very small. Second - the entrees were brought out after only 5 minutes into eating our soup and salad. Third - Gamberetti pizza was described as having carmelized onions, but the onions on the pizza were obviously raw slices that were placed on the pizza before baking. Fourth - When I asked the waitress for dinner plates for the pizza, she said the plates we had were meant for that. They were bread plates, too small to hold a slice of pizza. It's been a long time since I've had such a negative experience at a restaurant. Guess it's a typical tourist trap.Special Features:
- Great Italian food in Solvang?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2013Yes! Everything we ordered was excellent, including the salads, calamari, steak, and chicken. The only possible problem was the height of the stool/chairs for three petite women. The one tall male had no problem and loved especially the red wine; even the house red was delicious.Special Features:
- Cecco's is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2013Cecco's is an excellent restaurant with an experienced Italian chef! The service is perfect: warm and friendly yet efficient and discreet (they keep an eye on you but do not impose). The traditional Italian dishes are wonderfully made with fresh ingredients and there are special daily offerings as well. We started with tuna carpaccio, then a pizza from the wood burning oven..hot and beautifully puffed when it arrived at our table. The salad was fresh mesclun with cecci (garbanzo beans), onions and other veggies. The butterscotch panna cotta was a great variation on the traditional italian panna cotta. There is also outdoor dining under a lantern-lit pergola looking onto a charming courtyard.Special Features:
- The service was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2013The service was really good, but did not like the food much. We were expecting it to be an authentic Italian Restaurant based on yelp reviews, but were little disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- I've been to Cecco twice nowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013I've been to Cecco twice now and have been delighted by the food and service both times. The pizza is fantastic and the short rib raviolis nearly took my breath away. Fantastic food, wonderful service - this is going to end up being one of my favorite spots in the Santa Ynez Valley!Special Features:
- Great Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2013This is a great Italian restaurant. The food is beautifully presented and as delicious as it is eye appealing. The service is warm and friendly, and the chef is very creative varying the menu regularly. We will return to this place whenever we are in the area.Special Features:
- Great restaurant overall,SteveDined on 3/16/2013Great restaurant overall, especially if you're looking for very tasty Italian food in Solvang.Special Features:
- It was my first time tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013It was my first time trying Cecco and it didn't disappoint! The pizza was fantastic and my friend ordered a caprese salad that was truly a work of art. I will definitely be going back - especially to try out the patio this summer.Special Features: