Cebu Bar & Bistro
8801 3rd Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cebu Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cebubrooklyn.com/
- Phone: (718) 492-5095
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bueno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Here at Cebu we not only perfect the art of outstanding food and service for a spontaneous night out, we also host unforgettable events for your family and friends. Cebu has two private party rooms which can be suitable for all. We have a private room perfect for smaller occasions of 15-30 guests and also a main private room suitable for larger parties of 34-80 guests. To have an event with us a $200, non-refundable, deposit is required. Cebu specializes in providing only the best experience for our customers. When planning your next special event, have Cebu make it unforgettable!
- Private Party Contact: Samantha Roman 7184925095x
- Entertainment: Three flat screen TVs in the bar area, DMX satellite music system and wifi connection.
- Cross Street: 88th Street and 3rd Avenue
- Public Transit: Take the R train to the 86th Street station in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet service 7 days a week from the early evening until late night. We also provide valet service during the early brunch hours on the weekends.
A word from Cebu Bar & Bistro
Cebu Bar & Bistro, serving modern American cuisine, is truly a neighborhood favorite. Established for over a decade now, Cebu effortlessly masters the perfect blend of casual and elegance, from its broad and eclectic menu to their endearing and welcoming staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cebu Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Bay Ridge ›
Cebu Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- LeelingDined on 11/7/2014The food was really on point; however, the service is on the slow side and it was rather noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEaterVIPDined on 10/25/2014Bartender didn't even know the beers on tap, looked aggravated that we didn't just order "beer". P. Grigio/Prosecco cheap stuff. Gave me headache. Waiter was AWFUL. We asked if there were any specials, he said "yeah, the pumpkin ravioli,". I asked about it, he said "pumpkin ravioli". NO description until I asked him 3 times what sauce it was in. Bizarre. My boyfriend had the burger which was v good, but my ravioli was ice cold. It had been sitting out for a while I asked for P. Noir because the Grigio was not something I could do another glass of. I get the heaviest red ever, obviously not pinot noir, which he admitted when I asked. "We're out of it". So why didn't you tell me that? All around disappointing.
- Solid neighborhood brunch spotErinDDined on 10/19/2014Went for Sunday brunch and had a nice range of options on the menu. My family can each be a bit limited in what they like to eat and this restaurant has something for everyone. Food is good and they offer some brunch specials which include a cocktail and coffee. Our waiter and all of the staff were very attentive and accommodating. It was on the noisier side as there was a private party in the room next door but not overly so. All in all I would definitely dine here again. Thanks Cebu!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Is our go to brunch spot in the neighborhood. Make reservations though!Special Features:
- My Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014Locally one of the best restaurants. I have never been disappointed with anything i have ordered.Special Features:
- No Food - Kitchen backed up 45 minstreborDined on 8/8/2014I arrived promptly and waited for the maitre d who was not at her post. After waiting 10 mins I asked the bar tender where she was and he stated he did not know. She was apparently outside where tables had been set up for a street festival. She did not have my reservation and had to check on the computer. She told my party to wait and didn't return. I followed her and she and another staff member informed me that there was no food and that the kitchen was closed. When I insisted that we had a reservation for dinner, another staff member informed me that they would find me a table and denied that the kitchen was closed. That staff member informed me the kitchen was backed up at least 45 minutes for entrees. We left and ate elsewhere.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Cebu Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- annmarieVIPDined on 7/11/2014the place has great burgers and steaks It has nice outdoor dining and service is good. A great selection of wines andSpecial Features:
- annmarieVIPDined on 6/9/2014lovely place great food alwayd good service would come againSpecial Features:
- Every DisappointedMISSYBOODined on 6/7/2014I never do reviews but this place really earned one from me. On the menu the cheese board came with truffle honey and when it arrived that was missing and never mentioned. So we asked for it and it look almost 20 minutes to get it. I could have sworn we saw one of the staff members run out to the store. And when they came back with the truffle honey I sure tasted like plain old honey to us. The service was horrible and we were there longer then we should have. my food was cold and the lobster ravioli tasted like it was a microwaved dinner. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME GOING HERE!Special Features:
- annmarieVIPDined on 5/19/2014Got to watch the rangers game. Lively bar. Outside seating and bar specials make this place funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet BrunchGrouponVIPDined on 4/27/2014We have not been to Cebu in a while, and I'm so happy that we went back. Brunch was very good. The service is always great and Mike does a nice job of making his way around to say hello, and making sure everything is ok. Use Open table, the place does get busy and they do a nice job with partys.Special Features:
- Always pleasedDollface1Dined on 4/20/2014Cebu was introduced to me 10 years ago for a brunch and I have been hooked since. Now my whole family enjoys it. We always celebrate special occasions or enjoy Sunday brunch. It could be a romantic spot in the room with fireplace, quick bite at the bar or having your Easter brunch with the family in the big room. Regardless the food is always delicious. I'm so pleased this diamond in the ruff is in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!MrBrahmsDined on 4/20/2014We went for brunch on Easter. We didn't sit in the bar area, but in the next dining room. Very pleasant, great service, good food and very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE PLACEOmyraDined on 4/6/2014I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. Third Time Here, once for dinner and twice for brunch. Will always be my go to place for a spontaneous dining experience.Special Features:
- usually sit in the front butannmarieVIPDined on 2/4/2014usually sit in the front but they put me in an secluded spot and the waiter did not come for a long while.Special Features:
- Everything I wanted for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014The wait staff amazing and attentive. My lamb burger ROCKED the house and I would go back and actually am today. Just a true gem of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Something different in Bay RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/21/2013A bistro in Bay Ridge, how novel! Décor is old-fashioned but dramatic, so it feels cozy, but not tired. Food is always very good to excellent. Staff was very attentive, and were not bothered by the fact that half our party was half an hour late to the reservation. we were seated and attended to right away. Waiters were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyMariangelaDined on 11/17/2013This restaurant offered the perfect place for old friends to get together and catch up. Food was great and staff very accommodating. We sat for hours at brunch and never felt rushed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDeborahVIPDined on 11/8/2013I went here for my dad'd birthday. Had a fantastic time. The food was great and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot!AmyGDined on 11/2/2013I came here with my family Saturday night, and had a great time. Food was unique and delicious, and the service was spot-on. It seems like a great place for family dinners, romantic dates, and friendly get-togethers. I would definitely come back to try their other appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!JennlVIPDined on 10/27/2013What a great neighborhood spot! Been here a few times and always enjoy. A good value I think too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been a whileGrouponVIPDined on 10/22/2013It has been a while since we were at Cebu. As always you are greeted with a warm smile at the door, the staff is always very good. Try the pumpkin martini......The food is always hot and fresh, I had the chicken and it was nice and spicy just the way I like it. My wife had the Tuna special and it was just the way she likes it. You will have a good time, and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for brunch. Food wasMikoVIPDined on 10/20/2013We went for brunch. Food was decent but everything was just ok; nothing special. There are so many better places that I wouldn't go back there. But it was worth giving it a try; it had been recommended as a good place for brunch in Bay Ridge.
- Great timeLau1220Dined on 10/19/2013Me and my friend had a nice dinner, place wasn't too loud, music was on but at a good level goin back again this weekend for a birthday dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bay Ridge findKevinAtHomeDined on 10/18/2013The restaurant is very pleasant, located along 3rd Ave. The staff are friendly and accommodating and the food unexpectedly imaginative - who would have thought: corn chowder and pumpkin ravioli in Bay Ridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDannyDined on 10/16/2013It was awesome how late they were opened. The food was very good and the service was amazing! I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Awesome FoodJeffVIPDined on 10/16/2013What a great place in the middle of Bay Ridge. Food and service was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JennDined on 9/15/2013One of our favorites! Great for late night eating or brunch or dinner with your familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2013I took my cousin out for her 50th Birthday, there were 4 of us and we had a great time. Our meal was excellent I had the breaded chicken with the chipotle corn and my husband had the skirt steak. Without me telling the waiter he brought out a piece of cake with a candle to sing Happy Birthday to her.Special Features:
- it's okeveaftVIPDined on 9/7/2013We've been to Cebu a few times for brunch. The Mimosa's and Belini's are delicious. Food overall, service, and atmosphere are just ok. Nothing really wrong, but not anything special either.Special Features:
- Perfect except...LenniKDined on 8/6/2013Oysters a steal ,very good mixed drinks, prices not bad, mind numbingly cold in dining area and waiitress a bit clueless on how to solve that. Still worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodLizbeth25Dined on 7/13/2013Came here with 5 people for dinner, made reservations on open table, everything went smoothy. Appetizers were a little pricy for the amount we got, all dinners were good, but not great. Dinners also didnt come out at the same time, three came at one time, but we had to wait almost 10 minutes for the other two dishes to arrive. The room got pretty loud as it filled up - it was difficult to hear our conversation. Dessert was easily the gem of the night, the apple donuts are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysmhempillVIPDined on 7/13/2013This is not our first trip to Cebu. It is consistent and close to my mother' s home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but much too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2013The food was excellent, the service was great and attentive, and the prices were very reasonable, especially for the wine list, but the noise from the other patrons and the background music made conversation quite difficult. We would not return.
- Always have a great time here......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2013local for me - food, service, ambiance .... always consistent! Love it here......Special Features:
- yummyLisagVIPDined on 5/17/2013I was very impressed, the waiter remembered me. He knew the food I liked and the way wanted it prepared. its nice to be rememembered. food is always great!Special Features:
- SolidArmaniDined on 5/15/2013Goood. Bistro food. Great service. Valet parking does good jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meat market!SkipDined on 3/29/2013This was my second visit, though the first time was an anomaly noise-wise.The food and service were good. Our table was too close to the kitchen, and a tremendous amount of noise emanated. As our meal progressed, hoards of young singles, mostly female, arrived, and we realized this place is predominately a bar scene. There are several rooms, all with bars! The din increased over the course of our meal. I would not go back. If you're in your 20s-30s and are looking to drink and meet, it's for you. If you want a good, quiet dinner, eat somewhere else!Special Features:
- Went for Sunday brunch. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Went for Sunday brunch. My french toast was great! The servers were attentive, but not overly so. Definitely would go back for brunch. Have a feeling the bar gets pretty busy at night. By the time I left at 2:30, there wasn't one open seat at thr bar.Special Features:
- My only complaints were thatFrankDined on 3/9/2013My only complaints were that we waited a bit too long and the table me and my gf were seated at was way too tiny. Food, service, and pricing were excellent though !!Special Features: