1530 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cbdprovisions.com/
- Phone: (214) 261-4500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Sindoni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from CBD Provisions
Located on Main Street in the heart of downtown Dallas, CBD Provisions is a spirited Texas brasserie that evinces the growing vitality of the central business district. Developed by Consilient Restaurants, this urban-rustic eatery features modern interpretations of Texas tavern fare from Executive Chef Michael Sindoni, who employs an artisanal sensibility and strong commitment to local and sustainably raised ingredients. CBD Provisions is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week, and serves a complete menu until midnight on the weekends. The Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Menu items range from buckwheat pancakes with local berries and bourbon barrel aged maple syrup for breakfast to BBQ gulf oysters with absinthe whipped lardo for dinner. The interiors, conceived by New York-based design architect Claudia Woods, are equal parts rich and raw-historic brick walls, bronze cabinetry, rustic wood beam ceilings, tufted leather banquettes and antique mirrors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CBD Provisions reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)hot spot (67)good for groups (56)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (35)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (18)romantic (18)notable wine list (11)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A beautiful lunch spot and best fries ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014We had the roast chicken with kale and the grits with mushrooms. Everything was great and the service was attentive as well. The wine list had more than enough options and the homemade lemonade was delicious. I will repeat that the salty french fries are worth the trip but I was only able to snag a few away from my partner. The only disappointment was the parking service. When we used valet they asked us to tell the waiter to call ahead, which he said he did, but we still waited 30 minutes to get our car, putting us behind for the airport. I would definitely try again for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at CBDtkblankVIPDined on 11/21/2014Usually make it here for dinner. Lunch was very nice. The manager came over just to be friendly which I like. I live two blocks away so with CBD, we have a place in the neighborhood to be proud to invite everyone to downtown to dine here. Always consistent in service and food and wonderful atmosphere. Excited about the new lounge downstairs too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Mel60Dined on 11/13/2014We had a drink at the bar first. It had a super energy to it. Bartender very attentive. The dining experience was perfect. Water always filled quickly, food was delicious. Our waiter could not have been better. It was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBciesielskiDined on 11/8/2014Loved it. Definitely go back for the pickle jar. Pimento cheese toast. Rigatoni. Steak. Dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsBrandiDined on 11/7/2014CBD did not disappoint! The service, food and ambiance was fabulous! We of course ordered the family style Berkshire pig's head carnitas, which was outstanding! We also ordered the gulf shrimp and crab cocktail, black-eyed pea hummus, corn bread, queso funded, whole hog cuban sandwich, fried redfish sandwich. We shared everything and could barely move when it was time to leave, but we would do it all over again! Thank you for a fabulous night!Special Features:
- Eclectic and unexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/3/2014This is the kind of place where you let the waiter guide you through. We had Little Goat Pie- it's a little pie- not sure if it came from a little goat. but it was delicious. The boar rigatoni was incredible, the grouper was crispy- light, the special butternut squash salad was absolutely incredible with so much flavor. Banana trifle- said to win Best Dessert in Dallas...totally deserves to. The service was great- ambience contemporary and relaxed but FUN. Great dinner!Special Features:
- FIFIFIFIVIPDined on 11/2/2014Every bite was scrumptious and our server was the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch, go elsewhere dinner.DallasFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Have always loved CBD for brunch, so I was excited to try the dinner menu. The experience was not good. I had the pork shoulder recommended by the server and the food was good, not great. I wouldn't go back for dinner or recommend it as the taste was lack luster and the presentation was not impressive. I ordered the collard greens on the side and they tasted boiled with no flavor. In addition, our server ignored us most of the night and we had to flag him down multiple times just to place our order for drinks, dinner and dessert. Disappointing considering the restaurant was not very busy for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great timeDT69VIPDined on 11/1/2014Very good food, perfect service and reasonably priced! Definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/201418 hr pork shoulder was amazing great service great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig Head Carnitas or Bustmist3rwangDined on 10/25/2014This was my first visit to dallas and my meal at CBD Provisions was definitely the highlight. The pig head carnitas is absolutely incredible. So delicious and served with the perfect sides and salsas to let the head shine through. I'll come back one day just for this dish.Special Features:
- Hits and MissesmwagnerVIPDined on 10/24/2014All of our entrees were good, except the Pork, which was extremely fatty. We are talking white, ugly, slimy, un-rendered fat. Chef should either take it off the menu, or modify the preparation. We were celebrating my daughter's 19th birthday, so we ordered a cake in advance. The cake was extremely dense and the frosting tasted like pure butter. My daughter didn't even take the uneaten cake back to her dorm. The atmosphere was cool and lively and the service was great. We had breakfast here the next morning, which was very tasty.Special Features:
- Good not greatMamahasSpokenDined on 10/20/2014This place has good foodie food for Dallas. Even on a Monday it has a good amount of people. The waitress took forever to take our drink order. I requested a candle on the desert prior to the reservation, didn't get it.... All out of the pigs head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plate feastsmilieDined on 10/19/2014Marcus our server made the evening memorable. The Chicken Liver Pate was the standout of the small plates paired with an outstanding Tempranillo wine. The entire spread of food was delightful.Special Features:
- Try the Pig Head Carnitas at CBDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The pig head carnitas were outstanding. Freshly made corn tortillas and two salsas with radishes and cilantro complemented the perfectly cooked carnitas. The inner meat was pull-apart tender and flavorful, the skin crackling crisp in some spots and chicharrón crunchy in others. The dish is quite unique in appearance and delicious to boot. Desserts, including an ice cream sandwich and the chocoflan and a were a bit underwhelming.Special Features:
- Great reason to venture downtownDallasEaterDined on 10/15/2014Amazing find and welcome addition to downtown food scene. The service and food were top notch. I can't wait to go back and try the brunch. A little tip, give your waiter your valet ticket and your car will be waiting when you step outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeMustbtheShoesDined on 10/14/2014The Waygu steak...The Waygu steak...if I could, I would have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is just that good. I recommend this place for any type of occasion. I am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menuKl4ouVIPDined on 10/10/2014Different but good. Great service and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- UnfortunateTdk22Dined on 10/6/2014I was taking a dear friend to lunch and she mentioned CBD as somewhere she'd love to try. We arrived, were seated, water was served then we waited, waited , waited. Watched a waiter go to tables on either sides of us, we waited. I finally got up told manager, who was facing in our table's direction, that we had yet to have waiter come to our table, about 15 mins of waiting. She followed me to table, apologized, said she'd comp appetizers and drinks , we ordered appetizers. Waiter delivered them, no apology , took our order . Food was adequate, nothing special. Waiter warmed up after we chatted him up. Would not go back, restaurant was not full, 12:30 on a Monday. The space is beautiful, handsome finishes, but service lacking. Strange menu.
- Best Pig's head!AdventurousdinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had the roasted crispy pig's head. The skin was so crispy and the meat so tender, though we were disappointed that we only got half the head for the price! Shrimp and grits were smokey and sweet. Chicken liver mousse was very creamy and smooth. The only things we didn't care for was the pork shoulder and dessert. Will definitely be back for the pig's head. The service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Unique menu for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014The food was quite good although not the best ever. The pig head carnitas is not s mere gimmick. It's a legitimate dish worthy of indulging in. It isn't for the squeamish however. You will have 1/2 a pig's face staring at you from the table. The other dishes were good but nothing special. The service was excellent and everyone was very attentive. I definitely would recommend and would try again just to see how everything else is.Special Features:
- Great cocktails, great foodKirkVIPDined on 9/25/2014Loved the bar, loved the restaurant, loved the staff. One of the best restaurants I have been to this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place but overall not greattexasgirl13Dined on 9/20/2014Fun atmosphere but food and waitstaff weren't good. Waitress was rude and not helpful. Food was not good and portions were small.Special Features:
- The Pig Head Rules!TomADined on 9/16/2014I came here for one reason -- the pig's head. There may be others, but I know of only one other restaurant in the US that serves half of an entire pig's head, and it is in Cambridge, MA. The "Berkshire Pig Head Carnitas" was fabulous, with wonderful crispy skin and moist, flavorful meat underneath, including that rich, amazing jowl meat. Yes, it is a huge fat load, but boy is it worth it. The menu is filled with other very interesting sounding stuff that I'd love to try on future visits. I'd happily return here again and again on future trips to Dallas. This place is a gem!Special Features:
- Good Atmosphere and FoodHelenDined on 9/16/2014Shrimp and grits were excellent and highly recommend the mushrooms as a side. A lot of grits but both tasty in their own right. The banana pudding dessert delish.Special Features:
- Nice eveningyummyDined on 9/14/2014We were a party 4. Very nice service from hostess and our waiter(Raul). We enjoyed the menu and the blueberry cocktail. We all enjoyed our appetizers(cornbread), meals and desserts(especially banana trifle). Only item that I did not enjoy was main entrée(lamb skewers). They were fatty and chewy. I would not get that entrée again. We will be back due to all the other positives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014It was great! The food, our waiter was very helpful especially since none of my party had ever been there. I will be going back when I'm in Dallas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We were given a table in the back corner of the restaurant, near the kitchen door (at least the door was not used). I believe this negatively affected our experience, as the restaurant was at least half empty the entire time we were there. Our service was friendly and adequate and the restaurant is nicely done. The bar was the liveliest place in the entire restaurant. I can see why - the cocktails are very good. Prices were fair. For our main dishes, my husband ordered the 18-hour pork ($18). While the pork was good, the portion was not enough, especially with respect to the sides. My dish was the Gulf Snapper ($24), which was en excellent size. Overall, our main dishes were overly salty, and this took away from their quality.Special Features:
- PoochVIPDined on 9/13/2014It took 10 minutes for server to greet. Burger and Cuban were boring and flavorless. Server blamed bar for drinks arriving after food! 2 ginger ale. Bar was not "slammed". Saturday afternoon at 230. Limitless menu and boring.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Had high expectations and they were met. Food simply delicious, combining elements of the past and the present and served both at the waiter and wait staff level very well. Very easy to recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent dishes overall - esp the small plates. The smoked fish dip, goat pies and corn bread were truly fabulous. The Sloe Gin drink was fabulous. Great server- conversational yet professional. It DID get noisy and hard to hear our companions after 7:30 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!EyedocEatsDined on 9/5/2014This was my first time at CBD, and I was amazed. The service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The food was amazing (try the goat meat pie). We told them of our time constraint, and they got us out in plenty of time for our play. We enjoyed the experience so much we stopped back in afterwards for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodLuncherDined on 9/3/2014Early dinner prior to a concert at Winspear. This was our third time dining here. We arrived at 6:15 and there was some confusion about our reservation as the front was blocked by construction and there was no hostess stand. Once seated it took a long time to get cocktails as well as the appetizers. The entrees came out almost at the same time. We didn't get out until almost 8 and the concert started at 8:00...and we had to rush dessert. But as always, the food did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Night!GoodThymesDined on 8/31/2014Of course we had the Pig Head because that seems to be what everyone is talking about - it was pretty good, there were 4 of us and we did a number on it. Would we order it again . . . probably not, but everything else we had was really good. I was a little worried about the service because of some of the reviews I had read before we went, but we had Channing for a server and he was AWESOME! We tried several of the drinks on his recommendation as well as entrees and sides - he knows his menu and what questions to ask to lead you down the right path for a successful dinner. We had a great time and we all agrees we would go back and tell our friends about CBD.Special Features:
- Second dining occasion hereBillWatsonDined on 8/31/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner. Especially attentive service. Highly Recommend the Strozzapreti and Gulf Shrimp & Grits. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food!foodie2123Dined on 8/30/2014The food was awesome! I didn't find our waitress that nice. You have a choice of still or sparkling water, and they don't charge you for the sparkling water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeRtjonesDined on 8/28/2014Very interesting and delicious food choices. Okra side was super tasty as was pork dish. Hummus was very nice, and cornbread was to die for.Special Features:
- InterestingLovedHurleysVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had the Pig Head Carnitas and while it was quite remarkable to look at and the meat was very tender, this was not something I feel like I would get again. We tried the pimento cheese appetizer - I would skip this. We also tried their version of Mac-n-cheese - it was ok - but not exceptionally creamy and has a different more tangy flavor. The wine list is a little all over the place, but after several conversations with the waitress, we landed an excellent glass of wine - maybe the best part of the meal. The service was adequate, but not anything beyond. My fiancee and I do like a wide variety of foods, but I don't think CBD provisions is our cup of tea.Special Features:
- Loved the pig's head, service okayDRinDallasVIPDined on 8/26/2014Kept hearing raves about CBD but we left feeling it was good, but not worth the hype. The service was lazy, both in terms of speed and engagement. The pig's head was fantastic, but the other food we ordered was good but didn't have the bold and unique flavors we prefer. Overall a very good restaurant, but our favorites are still FT33 and Fearings.Special Features:
- Service did not live up to the foodHillhifiVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our bar order took forever to get to the table, and my margarita was short-poured and in a small glass. Disappointing. This was on a slow Sunday night. Drink reorders were no faster. The star of the show was the food. We had a Charcuterie platter for the table and it was delicious. The tongue was amazing and the fried pig's ear were delightful. My friend and i ordered the Fried Chicken bucket, my wife had the roast chicken and the pork shoulder was also ordered at the table. All wonderful as were the sides, except for the corn on the cob with 2 diff. cheeses and paprika on it - it was a mess. Our waiter was not very attentive considering how slow the restaurant was, but we would definitely return for the food.Special Features: