1530 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cbdprovisions.com/
- Phone: 2142614500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Sindoni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from CBD Provisions
Located on Main Street in the heart of downtown Dallas, CBD Provisions is a spirited Texas brasserie that evinces the growing vitality of the central business district. Developed by Consilient Restaurants, this urban-rustic eatery features modern interpretations of Texas tavern fare from Executive Chef Michael Sindoni, who employs an artisanal sensibility and strong commitment to local and sustainably raised ingredients. CBD Provisions is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week, and serves a complete menu until midnight on the weekends. The Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Menu items range from buckwheat pancakes with local berries and bourbon barrel aged maple syrup for breakfast to BBQ gulf oysters with absinthe whipped lardo for dinner. The interiors, conceived by New York-based design architect Claudia Woods, are equal parts rich and raw-historic brick walls, bronze cabinetry, rustic wood beam ceilings, tufted leather banquettes and antique mirrors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CBD Provisions reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (59)good for groups (55)hot spot (54)great for lunch (41)great for brunch (39)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (27)late-night find (15)notable wine list (10)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Atmosphere and FoodHelenDined on 9/16/2014Shrimp and grits were excellent and highly recommend the mushrooms as a side. A lot of grits but both tasty in their own right. The banana pudding dessert delish.Special Features:
- Nice eveningyummyDined on 9/14/2014We were a party 4. Very nice service from hostess and our waiter(Raul). We enjoyed the menu and the blueberry cocktail. We all enjoyed our appetizers(cornbread), meals and desserts(especially banana trifle). Only item that I did not enjoy was main entrée(lamb skewers). They were fatty and chewy. I would not get that entrée again. We will be back due to all the other positives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014It was great! The food, our waiter was very helpful especially since none of my party had ever been there. I will be going back when I'm in Dallas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We were given a table in the back corner of the restaurant, near the kitchen door (at least the door was not used). I believe this negatively affected our experience, as the restaurant was at least half empty the entire time we were there. Our service was friendly and adequate and the restaurant is nicely done. The bar was the liveliest place in the entire restaurant. I can see why - the cocktails are very good. Prices were fair. For our main dishes, my husband ordered the 18-hour pork ($18). While the pork was good, the portion was not enough, especially with respect to the sides. My dish was the Gulf Snapper ($24), which was en excellent size. Overall, our main dishes were overly salty, and this took away from their quality.Special Features:
- PoochVIPDined on 9/13/2014It took 10 minutes for server to greet. Burger and Cuban were boring and flavorless. Server blamed bar for drinks arriving after food! 2 ginger ale. Bar was not "slammed". Saturday afternoon at 230. Limitless menu and boring.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Had high expectations and they were met. Food simply delicious, combining elements of the past and the present and served both at the waiter and wait staff level very well. Very easy to recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent dishes overall - esp the small plates. The smoked fish dip, goat pies and corn bread were truly fabulous. The Sloe Gin drink was fabulous. Great server- conversational yet professional. It DID get noisy and hard to hear our companions after 7:30 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!EyedocEatsDined on 9/5/2014This was my first time at CBD, and I was amazed. The service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The food was amazing (try the goat meat pie). We told them of our time constraint, and they got us out in plenty of time for our play. We enjoyed the experience so much we stopped back in afterwards for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodLuncherDined on 9/3/2014Early dinner prior to a concert at Winspear. This was our third time dining here. We arrived at 6:15 and there was some confusion about our reservation as the front was blocked by construction and there was no hostess stand. Once seated it took a long time to get cocktails as well as the appetizers. The entrees came out almost at the same time. We didn't get out until almost 8 and the concert started at 8:00...and we had to rush dessert. But as always, the food did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Night!GoodThymesDined on 8/31/2014Of course we had the Pig Head because that seems to be what everyone is talking about - it was pretty good, there were 4 of us and we did a number on it. Would we order it again . . . probably not, but everything else we had was really good. I was a little worried about the service because of some of the reviews I had read before we went, but we had Channing for a server and he was AWESOME! We tried several of the drinks on his recommendation as well as entrees and sides - he knows his menu and what questions to ask to lead you down the right path for a successful dinner. We had a great time and we all agrees we would go back and tell our friends about CBD.Special Features:
- Second dining occasion hereBillWatsonDined on 8/31/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner. Especially attentive service. Highly Recommend the Strozzapreti and Gulf Shrimp & Grits. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food!foodie2123Dined on 8/30/2014The food was awesome! I didn't find our waitress that nice. You have a choice of still or sparkling water, and they don't charge you for the sparkling water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeRtjonesDined on 8/28/2014Very interesting and delicious food choices. Okra side was super tasty as was pork dish. Hummus was very nice, and cornbread was to die for.Special Features:
- InterestingLovedHurleysVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had the Pig Head Carnitas and while it was quite remarkable to look at and the meat was very tender, this was not something I feel like I would get again. We tried the pimento cheese appetizer - I would skip this. We also tried their version of Mac-n-cheese - it was ok - but not exceptionally creamy and has a different more tangy flavor. The wine list is a little all over the place, but after several conversations with the waitress, we landed an excellent glass of wine - maybe the best part of the meal. The service was adequate, but not anything beyond. My fiancee and I do like a wide variety of foods, but I don't think CBD provisions is our cup of tea.Special Features:
- Loved the pig's head, service okayDRinDallasVIPDined on 8/26/2014Kept hearing raves about CBD but we left feeling it was good, but not worth the hype. The service was lazy, both in terms of speed and engagement. The pig's head was fantastic, but the other food we ordered was good but didn't have the bold and unique flavors we prefer. Overall a very good restaurant, but our favorites are still FT33 and Fearings.Special Features:
- Service did not live up to the foodHillhifiVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our bar order took forever to get to the table, and my margarita was short-poured and in a small glass. Disappointing. This was on a slow Sunday night. Drink reorders were no faster. The star of the show was the food. We had a Charcuterie platter for the table and it was delicious. The tongue was amazing and the fried pig's ear were delightful. My friend and i ordered the Fried Chicken bucket, my wife had the roast chicken and the pork shoulder was also ordered at the table. All wonderful as were the sides, except for the corn on the cob with 2 diff. cheeses and paprika on it - it was a mess. Our waiter was not very attentive considering how slow the restaurant was, but we would definitely return for the food.Special Features:
- Disappointingtboy20Dined on 8/24/2014We were very excited to try this restaurant for brunch. Unfortunately, the offerings were decidedly underwhelming. There was nothing that a decent home cook could not have prepared better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/18/2014I don't think there's a thing on the menu here that I haven't really liked. Everything from the pig's head carnitas to the shrimp and grits to the burger to their home-made ginger ale -- it's all damn good. Since I work downtown, it's nice to have a place within walking distance to get a good meal.Special Features:
- A disappointing visit.DaniellaDined on 8/16/2014I'm sure we caught CBD at a bad moment, but I've come to expect better for similar price points. We made and confirmed our reservation and arrived slightly early only to be sent to the bar to wait and sit 5-10 minutes late. We received an incorrect appetizer, which was graciously left without charge for us in addition to our chosen appetizer. But our server explained the kitchen was behind around 1:20 after seating, and our food arrived after 1:30. Entrees were tasty but not particularly exciting. The cocktails are interesting--particularly the Dill Maguey--and the beer list well-curated. Our server was pleasant but scarce. I'm sure later visits would be better, but I'm not sure we'll be making the trip.
- Unique foodBoom2LonghornsDined on 8/16/2014Have been wanting to try CBD since I saw it rated as the DFW best new restaurant for 2013. It didn't disappoint. The food was very unique and yummy. Next time we will bring friends and try the pigs head.Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was worth the expense, the service was the worst amongst the worst. Our server Kristy or Kursty or whatever it was after I had to pry it put of her was amongst the worst if the worst servers ever expereienced. Super slow and unattentative. I tipped our busser (in cash) the same as our server because he a took better care of us than her. Management was non existent. Expected way more from this place. Will NOT RECOMMEND.Special Features:
- CBD Provisions entitledSlowFoodieurDined on 8/15/2014Creative fried redfish on NO gumbo enticed us for a 2nd trip there soon. The sides of wild mushrooms, sauté okra, eggplants were top notchSpecial Features:
- Best Head Ever!decksintheparkDined on 8/12/2014Have been wanting to try this place for awhile now. Went here specifically for the hogs head carnitas. You will be able to tell after the first bite that it is some of the best roasted pork you have ever tried. The skin is like candy! We ordered the appetizer meat plate and it was wonderful as well. Only problem is we ordered way too much food as the hogs head really can feed 4 to 5 people. I would definitely recommend this place and will be back again soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014We were first surprised as we could not find the restaurant as there was no name printed either at the front door or on the entrance door from the Joule Hotel adjacent. The host did not enquire if we had a reservation as he was on the phone when we found the stand with the help of a waiter. The food was average as well as the service. We ate at 1:30 on a Tuesday which may or may not explain the absence of many customers. Will not return.
- Great mealBremDined on 8/10/2014This is my second visit to CBD Provisions. The first one was memorable. This one was really great, but we ended up ordering a lot of the same things (because they were delicious) again this time, so the "newness" factor was missing. We love the smoked fish dip and the little goat pie was outstanding. The strozzapreti was perfectly cooked, though I'm glad we split the dish four ways because it was very rich. The pork shoulder is not to be missed. We also had a delicious okra dish this time. I highly recommend CBD.Special Features:
- The Pig was delicious!cmb1229VIPDined on 8/10/2014We went here for my mom's birthday and were very pleased not only with the service, but also the cocktails and food! We ordered different drinks, all of which tasted great and made with unique ingredients. We shared the pig head with the pimento cheese bread, Texas shells and squash on the side. All of it was delicious! Nobody in our party had ever eaten pork straight off the head, but it was so tender with a perfectly crispy crust. YUM! We will definitely return, and would love to see what else the menu has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for Fattie FoodiesFrankWordsDined on 8/10/2014Really tasty meaty and nasty bits too... If you are a food fan, with a slant for Fattie meats with some bacon wrapped braised pork fat smothered in butter infused with bone marrow, topped with a slab of fois gras,,, this is your place to make your fantasty come true. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff, just personally trying to eat a bit more healthful, and was brought here by a fat friend. Service was ok, wine list not tremendous. Overall very good, but did it, and done. Worth a try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature Dish Fail - Overall Good.BklynBenDined on 8/9/2014I had the specials, the queso fundido was delicious, not too salty or oily. The pasta with chanterelle mushrooms was very nice. The Wagyu short ribs had a scrumptious BBQ sauce but the potatoes underneath were ice cold in the middle. The waitress told me she even complained about it. . Dessert - peach crisp was awesome.Special Features:
- Farm to Table: YES!TX2NMFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful menu; delicious variety. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say itRandtDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. HOWEVER we had a reservation, were seated 23 minutes late. Sat & were disappointed that they were out of pig head, but my husband told the waitress as long as there was still banana trifle it was ok. He asked if he should order it for his meal to make sure. She said no. The waitress could not tell me about a cocktail I asked about, then forgot to bring a glass of wine I ordered. She was absent most of the meal. Everything we ate was fabulous, but when she came back to take our dessert order they were out of Peach Cobbler. We said it was ok, all we wanted was banana trifle. She disappeared for 10 mins and came back to tell us they were out. Got a free coupon for banana trifle for another time; but unlikely to return.Special Features:
- Appetizers and desert...Table42Dined on 8/2/2014Waitress seemed over sat. Dirty dishes on table for a long time. Long waits at intervals to get service. Appetizers of black bean hummus and pen into cheese arugula were dynamite. Pork shoulder was fatty and pasta dish was disappointing. Desert of cobbler was terrific . Overall staff was very nice and the place looked great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Coma is worth it!yelladevil17Dined on 8/1/2014I've been waiting for the right time to try this place. I knew it would take more than 2 people to handle all the great food. Had a couple cousins in town. I read in previous reviews to reserve the pig's head carnitas a day ahead. We ordered the Pickle Jar (2x), Pig's Head Carnitas, TX Wagyu Rib Steak, and Roasted Okra. The Pickle Jar was awesome. It helped to cut the fatty pieces of pork and steak. The Pig's Head Carnitas was fantastic. The skin was crispy and delish, meat was moist and tender. The TX Wagyu Rib Steak was sheer decadence. The juicy and fatty tender steak could be cut with a fork. Add a pinch of salt changes the flavor. Highly recommend this place. The service was great as well.Special Features:
- CBD DiningAnniversaryDiningDined on 7/29/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary at CBD, the food was very good. The service was great as well, we went on Tuesday night and it was busier than we expected but not too busy. So if you go on the weekend you will need to get reservations. Very nice atmosphere it's casual but you can still dress up and feel in the right place. We are certainly coming back and hopefully soon. We didn't spend time at the bar, but it looks nice and drinks seem very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and unique cocktails!YummyDined on 7/27/2014Fried chicken starter the best!! Delicious and unique cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmadtayhanDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I were in town for the weekend, and we all know there are more than enough options as far as dining out goes in Dallas. I came across CBD Provisions online, after viewing their website and reading reviews from others, it seemed like the perfect Saturday night solution. Not only was the atmosphere romantic, and inviting, but the food was NUTS. Although the menu selection is not huge, it forces you to try things that may not normally be your go-to. The shrimp and grits were absolutely insane, side of roasted okra was filled with flavor and punchy spice, and the steak with baked cheesy veggies could not have been more on point. In addition, the drink menu was exceptional- if you're an IPA fan, a perfect cocktail awaits you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceMofloDined on 7/24/2014We went to dinner with another couple on a Thursday night. We were very hungry and ordered several large plates to share including. The prime rib and shrimp and grits were outstanding. I'm married to a foodie and he kept raving about the prime rib. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and Friendly staffRunToEatDined on 7/19/2014I have been here several times. I recommend the Pig head for and adventurous group. It's enough for 3-4 or the Waygu Beef for a couple. I'm always impressed with the flavor of the food. The staff is always energetic, helpful and fun. There is not a bad seat in the house. It's a must for anyone visiting Downtown Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pig head, Pig Head, Pig head!RoadRashTXVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went to CBD because we heard about the Pig Head Carnitas and we were not disappointed. The carnitas are a great size for 4 people but we did some pretty good damage with only 2. The skin was nice and crispy and the meat was tender and juicy. If you love pork, I highly recommend it. Additionally, we had the pimento cheese toast, roasted wild mushrooms and house made shells. Everything was excellent and perfectly seasoned. For dessert we tried the peach cobbler which was perfect. The Texas peaches were ripe and juicy and the oat topping was crunchy. In addition to the wonderful food, CBD has some good beers on tap (many of them local) and some wonderful cocktails. I recommend the Good Word and the Sloe Park Swizzle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014It was mediocre. It was quiet which was nice. The waiter was very good. I thought the menu was somewhat limited.
- My go-to placetsunamigalDined on 7/12/2014One of the best restaurants in the city! The food and drinks are amazing and the service is impeccable. The atmosphere is just right for a private conversation, quiet enough where you can hear the person across the table, but not so quiet that the next table over can hear your every word. Every time I've been here, the waitstaff was great with service, checking up on us at the right intervals so as not to disturb us too much (same with the bar staff), but never letting a glass go dry. The hostess was gracious enough to accommodate our change in reservations from four to five guests the last time I went on a busy Saturday night. You need to come here yourself as no review can give this place justice.Special Features: