316 N Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cazbar.pro/
- Phone: 4105281222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Haluk Kantar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100.
- Private Party Contact: Haluk Kantar 2405936929
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing on Friday evening at 9pm and 10pm and Saturday evening at 10pm and 11pm.
A word from Cazbar
The Cazbar is Baltimore’s first and only Turkish Restaurant located at the heart of the Historic Charles Street District. We feature authentic Turkish cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We are open daily for Lunch and Dinner. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for our exotic Belly Dancing shows and our new lounge. In addition, we have two very unique and beautiful banquet rooms that can accommodate an intimate dinner for 2 or a gathering for 100. If you’re in the mood for something light, visit us at our Kebap House in Columbia, Maryland. For corporate, residential, or hotel catering, please contact me at email@example.com I invite you to join us for a unique dining experience at the Cazbar. -Haluk Kantar Chef / OwnerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cazbar - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
Cazbar reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (34)romantic (31)special occasion (23)great for lunch (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Food is spectacular!lisaDined on 10/18/2014Order the manti off of the appetizer menu! Little dumplings with beef! All homemade and so tasty! Melt in your mouth! The service is sophisticated yet very friendly. Will go back for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLiv2eatDined on 10/15/2014The quality of my lamb dish was perfect. I came with a group of people and we all left happy. The decor is very nice and the waitress was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great turkishturkeydineDined on 10/13/2014Nice Turkish restaurant with authentic decorations and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Turkish Foodluv2dine2muchDined on 10/12/2014Every dish was excellent, from appetizers to entrees to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodShelbyCropperDined on 10/11/2014A little pricey for the every day dining, but great for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cazbar BaltimoreDaveoDined on 10/10/2014Attractive decor, good food, difficult parking. But definitely recommended for standard Middle Eastern fare as well as Turkish specialties. Excellent service and the Turkish white wine was surprisingly good. We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good ExperienceLoveyKatDined on 10/10/2014I brought four reluctant people who were not sure what to expect of a Turkish restaurant.They loved everything including the Turkish beer and wine. The staff was very friendly and attentive without crowding us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLWW1957Dined on 10/7/2014Having dinner with my nephew and his friend and decided to being them to Cazbar. I had dined here once before and found the food and service to be outstanding. They did not disappoint this time either. My nephew and his friend enjoyed the night of great food and the fruit wine. Service was quick and very efficient. I recommend the Mixed Cold Mezze as an appetizer and the Lamb three way as an entrée. Don't forget the Fruit Wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placePrincessSophiaDined on 9/27/2014The food is always excellent. Yummy drinks. Love the atmosphere. Hookah and dancers just a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Outstandingour3houndsDined on 9/21/2014We have been to Cazbar many times before. This time, our group of 6 chose the feast. Although the menu states that this family-style meal feeds 4, we had plenty to eat plus left-overs! Everything was fantastic. The pomegranate wine is a must-try. We will be back!Special Features:
- A fun adventure at Cazbar!foodiechickDined on 9/19/2014Dining at Cazbar was truly a great experience! The food was absolutely delicious...freshly prepared and very flavorful...even the bread was tasty and served warm. We ordered the Cazbar's Sultan's Platter which let us try a variety of their specialties - all were wonderful and cooked to perfection! The table service was very attentive and quite helpful - and the bartender was also very friendly! The belly dancing show only added to the great dining experience! What a great night out! Perfect place for a date night or for a group outing. I highly recommend going to Cazbar for their great food, and also to stay and watch the belly dancing show for a night out on the town! I can't wait to go back and try the other dishes on their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive over an hour to eat herecftoddDined on 9/15/2014Seriously the BEST Turkish food I've found outside of homemade.Special Features:
- Fun night with great food!MikeHikeEatVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went with another couple who arrived from out of town a bit late; we didn't sit down for dinner until 9:30. Because of the hour, we focused on hot and cold meze (small plates) and sharing. Their wine list was adequate, and the Turkish red wine was a pleasant surprise. Everything was so flavorful and delicious we probably ended up having 3 small plates per person. I had the poached Yogurtlu Pancar (beet salad), Pacango Borek (Pastrami, cheese and vegetable in filo and fried), and Lamb (Chops) Pirzola Meze. We just kept talking and eating. Great combination of atmosphere and food! Cazbar was still a hopping place when we left near midnight. Overall a very enjoyable evening with friends.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/30/2014We were looking for a place that could accommodate both vegetarians and omnivores and Cazbar met the bill wonderfully. The food was terrific and our waitress was great about explaining dishes and even providing an sample of Lion's milk. The lamb and okra was wonderfully peppery. This is great place for anyone looking for something a little different in downtown Baltimore where you can still chat with your party and not break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Don't We Come Here More?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014We met another couple here (at their recommendation) and sat outside on a Saturday evening. Our server, Scott, was terrific. He was very helpful and attentive, without being in our faces. He made great recommendations off the menu and even selected great wines for us. The atmosphere was very casual and calm, yet fun. The trout was fantastic, as was the NY Strip special. One of our group also quite liked the tomato bisque.Special Features:
- Love the Turkish Food!VerneneVIPDined on 8/28/2014This Turkish restaurant on Charles Street is in a good location for going to the Walters Art Museum some of the churches, or An Die Musik. If you've been to Turkey and Greece, you will love the food, too. Our waiter, a Turkey native, is outstanding. We've introduced at least 25 persons to this place and they have all been amazed that there is a 'plate' for everyone to savor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedNYtravelerDined on 8/27/2014We found Cazbar on trip advisor. The restaurant lived up to all our expectations. Our first experience with Turkish Cuisine was a delight and I am sure it will not be our last experience. Our daughter will be attending MICA in Baltimore and we look forward to our next trip to dine at Cazbar again.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was really great! I enjoyed the wide variety of appetizers, especially the hummusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food was super yummy, great service, nice environment, reminded me of the fantastic food I've enjoyed when I lived across the way and had eaten in Germany, Incirlik, and Ankara. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dining experienceMaxRDined on 8/7/2014Food delicious. Service attentive but not formal. Pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. On a Thursday night street parking available free after 7 pm. Good spot to meet with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceturkishDined on 8/4/2014The ambience here is great and the food delish! I have not had turkish before and the taste was great so well seasoned and the server was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Always a great meal at Cazbar. The people are great the service is great and the food is always wonderful.Special Features:
- Middle East FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Incredibly warm reception and attentive service. The Sultan Platter is great date-night option. Everything was fresh and delicious. The baklava topped it all off. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turikish cafe is great!VerneneVIPDined on 7/28/2014Someday we will come watch the belly dancer on Fri and Sat nights. The extensive menu offers great food with the Turkish flair, although some folk would say there is a Greek 'touch', too, which makes sense if one looks at the European / Asian maps! We've introduced this café to many persons and they all like it.Special Features:
- Nice but NoisyDifasuDined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit and we enjoyed the variety of offerings available so we were able to try a wide range of menu items. Our waitress was helpful and "fun," her description for several of the items. Our main complaint was the noise level. The group at the next table seemed "overly rambunctious." Hard to control from the restaurant's perspective. We did feel pressure to leave as well, with a waiting line to come in on a busy Friday night and looks from those waiting. We'd give it a second try since the food was some of the better Turkish we have eaten but we won't rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantValentineDined on 7/24/2014Great food. Great service and great location! Good for gluten free option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindwowzaDined on 7/23/2014I found this restaurant through open table and decided to give it a try. Was very happy overall. The place is very nice, friendly staff, great food. The only bad thing I can say is that when I looked at the menu through open table, it showed a lot of vegetarian options. But once at the restaurant, there was really only 2 options to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like?kreeesDined on 7/19/2014While the decor of the restaurant could be more enticing (the art work on the walls was not that great), the food is quite yummy, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!BawmerGirlDined on 7/19/2014The food was quite delicious at Cazbar and was prepared very quickly. We had 3 different people waiting on us. I know they are trying to be attentive but it really felt bothersome and rushed. It's annoying when you are trying to have a conversation with someone and there is a constant interruption. It really feels like they are trying to rush you. I like to take my time and enjoy my food. We ordered drinks, and then ate a main dish and dessert, paid and left in under an hour.Special Features:
- Meet me at the CazbarpickyeaterDined on 7/15/2014My friend recommended that we go to Cazbar for our annual birthday dinner. We dined at 5pm. The place was sparsely occupied throughout our experience. We shared an appetizer, entree, and dessert. My friend chose the menu - combination plate of hummus, yogurt spread, and a spicy lentil type salsa; roasted eggplant entree, rice pudding for dessert. The appetizer plate was very tasty and served with a wonderful bread. The entree was equally tasty. The rice pudding was delicious. Here is the downside to our experience - the server. As I said earlier the place was virtually empty. Before our appetizer was finished, she brought our entree to the table. Dessert came quickly as well. She was pleasant but seemed to want to rush us. Will return.Special Features:
- wonderful!mmmmDined on 7/14/2014I would definitely recommend this Turkish delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal with a unique menuDougDined on 7/14/2014The food was very good and we enjoyed our meal. The wait staff was efficient and knowledgeable. The restaurant is small and clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robranVIPDined on 7/11/2014We found the portions to be small. The main course was advertised as a stuffed eggplant. What came was a slice of eggplant with a dollop of filling. The side salad that comes with entree, was three bites. The flavorings were wonderful, just not enough food for price.
- Memories of TurkeyFoodlvrDined on 7/9/2014We were in Baltimore for a few days and were not expecting anything interesting restaurant-wise coming from NYC. Pleasantly surprised by this little gem that reminded us of out trip to Turkey last year in a quite authentic way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceChrislovesgoodfood14Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent service all round. Our waiter was a very professional and checked on us periodically. Food was absolutely awesome and even though I missed the belly dancers, I'm definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EdwardDined on 6/28/2014This was quite a surprise. The food was abolutely wonderful. The service couldn't be better. The staff was outgong and personable. We can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT food, interesting dancingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014The dancing was great! I just wish it was a tad longer or that they had multiple dancers. The food was amazing!! SO deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experienceTheBombDined on 6/27/2014The experience was wonderful with the exception of the service. The service was inconsistent but the food, drinks, and Belle dancer was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!JillDined on 6/27/2014This is our go to restaurant when we just want solidly good food and well made drinks. The service is well paced and the servers ares friendly and efficient. It's just so comfortable here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 434 reviews are from the Cazbar reviews archive.
- great foodfinches46VIPDined on 6/22/2014food is always wonderful and the bread is incredibleI would recommend this to a friend.