Cavatore Italian Restaurant
2120 Ella Blvd
Houston, TX 77008Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cavatore Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cavatores.com/
- Phone: 7138696622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us cater your next event-whether its an office lunch or a private function. We will be happy to work with you to make your event a success.
- Entertainment: We have live piano music every night.
A word from Cavatore Italian Restaurant
Cavatore Italian Restaurant is a family owned restaurant that has been in Houston for almost 29 years. Our unique menu features dishes from Northern Italy. We are famous for our tableside Caesar salad and homemade tiramisu. Live piano music nightly complements our food and atmosphere. Benvenutti a tutti (welcome everybody)!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cavatore Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (26)romantic (24)special occasion (24)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Took some clients and the food portions were just right. Good food and service. Will do again.Special Features:
- Awesome placePRFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/14/2014Awesome menu. Cesar salad table side is a must. Piano player was very nice. Bread is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boyfriend's Birthday DinnerLuv2dineDined on 10/14/2014We had a table reserved and were seated in a romantic candle lit table in a little dark corner. Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. I ordered the Crawfish All Rosa and it was delicious. The boyfriend had the evening special which had Italian sausage, chicken breast with bell peppers. We both had leftovers and took doggie bags home.. Lunch tomorrow;)) The glass of Cabernet was a huge glass that would probably be two glasses at most restaurants. Overall, I was impressed with the food, the atmosphere was great. The talented pianist played really cool dinner music. I give it 5 star rating for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014One of the best Italian spots in Houston, and probably the best Italian spot in the Heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!StarDined on 10/13/2014I have lived near this restaurant and never tried it but there are always a lot of cars there which speaks volumes. The food was fabulous. Everything else was fine too but the food out weighs any other attribute. A little pricey but the coupon I had made it fabulous!Special Features:
- Still the BestFluffyFoodieDined on 10/6/2014I have not had a chance to go back to Cavatore for about 5 years and I was instantly reminded why it was one of my favorite restaurants. Their food is excellent, the atmosphere is perfect and the pianist was a real treat Their service is unsurpassed and I will return again and again, especially since its in my neighborhood!! What a gem!Special Features:
- cute little placeHoustonfoodiDined on 10/4/2014piano music that takes requests...good food...not amazing, but worth going...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2trynewplacesDined on 10/2/2014as always - the table side ceasar salad was delisciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed ServicecfoodloverVIPDined on 9/29/2014We needed a reservation at least as late as 9:15. This place popped up on my Open Table search, and there were options to select an even later time. I was meeting a long time friend that I had not seen in 3 years, and usually, Italian restaurants are a nice choice for longer dinners offering several courses. Not this place. The waiter was closing blinds and giving strong hints that we needed to leave at about 10:15. I had the snapper, and it was battered and fried. A grilled preparation would have been much better. I perceived they had lower quality fish. The mushroom and sun dried tomatoes on top were lighter and tasted better good. The garlic bread was good.
- First Time - DelightSortofSonnyandChereDined on 9/13/2014Wanted to try a new restaurant; picked Il' Cavatore for proximity. Was greatly impressed with the food, service and location. The hard surfaces in the building (an old farm house or cabin décor) caused the ambient noise level to be a bit high. We were able to have a conversation but had to concentrate on it. Food was hot, good and of generous portions. Recommend trying it. With Wine and dessert, bill was about $50 per person.Special Features:
- Surprised is the wordMisaelDined on 9/6/2014I was not expecting to have great Italian restaurant so close to my house and in a completely not Italian style place, the decoration is unique, the people is great and the food is something you have to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Caesar SaladTorreysmomDined on 9/6/2014Ask for Maria to make your Caesar tableside. It is amazing! The manicotti and homemade Tiramisu are excellent. Really enjoyed the piano playing too.Special Features:
- Better than expected!elizabethwDined on 9/6/2014Went for my Mom's 92nd Birthday! The hostess. And servers were very attentive and accommodating to our group of 7. Would definitely go again. Was apprehensive of using open table for reservations but impressed with knowing restaurant actually read my online comments. . Pianist playing happy birthday was such a surprise I wasn't even ready in time to record!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian CuisineBigCavatoreFanDined on 9/5/2014My family has been going to Cavatore's for almost 30 years and it's always been wonderful in every way! We almost always celebrate special occasions there and have never been disappointed with the food, the service, the wine selection and the atmosphere. Highly recommend Cavatore's for anything from a romantic dinner for two (i.e. Valentine's Day) to a group celebration (i.e. birthday, retirement party).Special Features:
- Good food for most and not too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We went for dinner and were pleased with the atmosphere and noise level. Only complaints were that their gluten free isn't really gluten free because they cook the gluten free pasta in the gluten pasta water. Not suitable for those with celiac or gluten intolerance. The waitress also seemed checked out and bored with her job. Other than that it was pleasant dinner experience with nice live piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutonthetownoutonthetownDined on 8/27/2014On our first visit to Cavatore Restaurant, we were not disappointed. This restaurant had been recommended by a family member and we were pleased with all dining aspects. Also enjoyed the piano entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CavatoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent... Food was prepared perfect... Piano player was a bit loud, which caused an elevated effort to talk... Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Excellent!SassyDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing! Only complaint is piano playing way too loud. Made dinner conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Restaurant Week materialperkiesDined on 8/22/2014Trying new places for Restaurant Week and the menu sounded worth a shot! The soup was yummy, but nothing special. The entrée was a step up from Olive Garden. The dessert was also fine but nothing special. We went during the lunch hour and despite the restaurant not being very busy, the service was spotty. We asked for utensils and straws three times before they appeared. Drinks remained empty and had to be requested throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and serviceGirlsniteDined on 8/20/2014I liked the attention we got walking in and our waitress was so nice and kind. I would definitely go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place!JDBfunVIPDined on 8/16/2014The staff is great. Warm and friendly. Always feel at home. Service is great and the food terrific! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to report ...lucky2dineoutDined on 8/16/2014We are repeat diners at Cavatore's. Based on the food, service and entertainment Saturday night, it will be quite awhile before we go again. Everything had gone downhill. The anticipated Ceasar salad wasn't up to par, nor was the entrée. The lady playing the piano sounded like a rank amateur, not a professional. Her wrong notes and lack of musicality were a negative distraction rather than a source of enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceEataliciousDined on 8/16/2014Would highly recommend this quaint Italian place. Bring the kids, or just have a romantic dinner. The piano player makes a really nice ambiance. Food is always good!Special Features:
- No complaints - good for dinnerrsfromkualalumpurDined on 8/15/2014As good in the evening as Cavatore was for lunch. Food was fresh and well prepared. I appreciate the no nonsense but careful presentation. No semi-empty plates with artistic dribble to cover the shortfall! The desert (tiramisu) and after dinner coffee both exceeded expectations. Only gripe was that my beer was poured without asking first.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014You MUST get the table side Caesar salad and the homemade desserts are the best!Special Features:
- Delicious!Yummy2mytummyDined on 8/8/2014A great place to dine. The service and food are wonderful. I would highly recommend dining here to anyone.Special Features:
- Not Very GoodSidneyVIPDined on 8/7/2014When we walked into a spaghetti western themed restaurant with checked table cloths and Italian movie posters; we realized we were in a family restaurant in transition. The appetizers were fine; though the escargot clearly canned. Wine prices were fair; glass of Malbec perfect. Dinner, not so good. The fettuccine Alfredo with seafood tasted like it was dumped in a bait bucket - it was inedible. The veal Milanese was some form of pounded meat chargrilled like a Wendy's burger. Both were too far gone to complain. Cannoli was good; wonder what box they came from. This is not Italian. It's a family restaurant, catering to adults, with no clue how to source or prepare an Italian meal. Looking forward to their closing, to buy a movie poster.Special Features:
- Family Italiancharles1Dined on 8/2/2014Great neighborhood dinner spot! Good food and service with live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphericOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/2/2014Rustic look, but charming. Live paino bar adds a lor to this place.Special Features:
- Not pleasedKabulgeorgeDined on 7/31/2014Bar is outdated, barmaid uninformed. Veal was poor quality and over cooked. Food could have been warmer. Weak wine list. Sat at our table and waited 20 minutes for a menu. Server disappeared after the bill was presented and we had finished our warm coffees. Don't plan on returning.
- Authentic Italian, Texas SettingGuiseppeDined on 7/31/2014For an experience of upscale Italian cuisine with a touch of Texas culture, Cavatore is a great choice. Authentic Italian dishes served up in a reconstructed Texas barn from Bastrop area, this is a great stop for lunch or a special evening occasion. Live piano music enhances the experience, and the Caesar salad, best in town, is a must. Leave room to sample one of the myriad excellent desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Findeat2liveDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and service, and very good jazz/blues entertainer that evening that blended in to the atmosphere to complement the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We loved the Caesar salad at Cavatori. They make it table side for you and it was absolutely delicious. It says it's for two but our table of four all got a great helping. I also had the tomato basil soup, which was excellent. The service was attentive and they even had someone playing on the piano all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caesar Salad - table sideLuv2trynewplacesDined on 6/26/2014Took a date there (their first tome there) had the table side Caesar salad & it was delicious - they are now ruined from eating salad anywhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 229 reviews are from the Cavatore Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceTquillaDined on 6/21/2014The food is great and the service friendly but not obtrusive. No televisions!! You can actually hear one another. Cavatore is a perfect setting for good food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian DiningGuiseppeDined on 6/19/2014Wonderful and authentic Italian cuisine, served in a friendly manner. Live piano music enhances the experience. Best Caesar salad we ever had. Attentive but unhurried service. A regular with our family, especially for out of town guests and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Town For WorkImnotafoodieDined on 6/11/2014The receptionist at the Houston office if my company recommended this place. They have great food, the service was speedy, and they have local beers on tap! I'll definitely go again and suggest this place to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuSuVIPDined on 6/7/2014As we live in the neighborhood near Cavatore, it is always our first choice for Italian food. The quality of the food is consistently good and when my husband and I want a great Caesar salad and fettuccine alfredo, we know to head over to Cavatore.Special Features:
- 36 Anniversary2inthecornerDined on 6/7/2014Best time best service ever!! A very great time. Our waiter Phjoine ( sorry if I mis-spelled your name) and his crew were most gracious and accommodating.Special Features:
- YUM!afavDined on 6/7/2014Once again we chose Cavatore's for a special occasion and were not disappointed. The food was fabulous--as always--and the service was friendly and professional. Now, what is the next special occasion...........?Special Features: