1212 Coast Village Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cavarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8059698500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Armando Benitez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome your guest to the warm and intimate ambiance of our terracotta colored La Cavita dining room & terraza. we offer pre-set menus to ensure the optimum dining experience, along with Reidel crystal, special linens and our signature garden rose & fresh herb arrangements. This guide is designed to assist in the preparations that best suit your upcoming celebration or meeting. Whatever the special event-parties, birthdays, wedding rehearsal dinners, meetings, corporate dinners, reunions....all are welcome at La Cavita.
- Private Party Contact: Becca Nirenberg 805-705-9574
- Entertainment: We have Spanish guitars Wednesday through Saturday night.
A word from Cava Restaurant
Experience the bold flavors of superb Latin cuisine from Spain, Mexico and South America in a romantic setting in the village of Montecito. Sunflower colored walls, original artwork, cozy fireplace, relaxed outdoor terraza and a beautiful bar and Tapas lounge to sip Sangria with friends while listening to live Spanish guitars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cava Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Montecito ›
Cava Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Cava is a great place for a small group, dinner for two, or even if you're by yourself. The drinks are hand-crafted and wonderful, the food is reasonable and amazing. You can taste all of the flavors. It's authentic and warm. Great bar with just a handful of chairs. Large tequila selection. Service is impeccable. Attentive but not in any way intrusive. Whenever I'm in Santa Barbara I make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CavaDisappointedDined on 9/17/2014The service was good. The guacamole was awful. It was filled with lettuce. I don 't need a filler in my guacamole. Taco was good everything else was just so so.
- DeliversTakeMeOutDined on 9/10/2014Nice spin on traditional mexican food place with some standard fare but some pretty kool items too. drinks and wine list were more than adequate and service was friendly, fun and competent.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful Mexican food. Terrific service. Well located.
- MerelVIPDined on 8/23/2014Love the restaurant. I always eat here when I'm in SB or even drive there from LA. I love the Tortilla Espagnol and the Cava Tostada!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SassDined on 8/22/2014Great food, service and ambiance. Generous portions and reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndegestionrobinVIPDined on 8/4/2014Went to Cava for a nice family dinner. After ordering, the hostess sat a family of 5, with 2 young boys and a baby, right next to our table. The baby was continuously crying, the boys were throwing crayons and screaming and the parents were oblivious? We couldn't hear or talk so we had to move to an out side table by the parking lot. Our food came over an hour after ordering, and we had no set ups….it was not a good evening. AND it was expensive. No Manager in sight.
- Wonderfulsomething4everyoneDined on 7/20/2014We dined with family from Texas, and they loved the restaurant, it's ambiance, friendly staff, & great food. They even wanted a large container of the delicious salsa to go. They were taking it to their hotel in Anaheim. It was a good reunion after 9 years and this was the perfect meeting place. Thank you Cava and Open Table!Special Features:
- Belated BirthdaydrinkpleaseDined on 7/19/2014We made reservations to celebrate a couple of family birthdays. Not going out all the time, it is a big decision on where to go. We had a great time and enjoyed the food although the margaritas were not as good as they should have been....nothing out of the ordinary. We were seated after waiting 15 minutes, acceptable with a reservation, but then proceeded to wait for 20 minutes to have a waiter take our order for drinks. We received appetizers BEFORE the drinks arrived. All in all about 60 minutes before having a cocktail which I find unacceptable and not a good start. Made up for it in the end with much better service as the evening wore on but still not rushing back.Special Features:
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014The waiter was not friendly and appeared to not like me and my dinning mate.
- AndFineWineVIPDined on 7/14/2014Once again, a great time, with an amazing relaxing timeSpecial Features:
- Too noisy to stay!DelightedVIPDined on 7/11/2014Long a favorite of mine but noise level and 25+ min delay in getting a table, despite OT reservation, caused friend whose birthday we were celebrating to ask if we could go elsewhere to hear each other talk. Staff sympathetic so will probably return Didn't eat so food rating required by site is uselessSpecial Features:
- AgainFineWineVIPDined on 7/8/2014Always a great time....weather it's for a light bite, or full on meal. We always leave happySpecial Features:
- DisappointingMaestroDined on 7/2/2014Great service and a nice setting, but the food is mediocre at best.Special Features:
- To go toFineWineVIPDined on 6/29/2014Been coming here for many many years. Always and enjoyable experience, with the food to match, as well.Special Features:
- The following 217 reviews are from the Cava Restaurant reviews archive.
- KevinVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was a first time dining experience for me at Cava, and I enjoyed everything about it. The atmosphere was comfortable, and service attentive. I had the Pasilla Chille Relleno en Caldo (which is a favorite) and even thought its presentation is quite different from the usual/traditional Chille Relleno, it was a surprisingly delicious variation (it's served in a bowl of sauce) with the rice & beans on the side. I also sampled some of the meat from the burrito asado, which was DELICIOSO! ...and had bites of the grilled veggie salad which was also tasty.Special Features:
- great event1meateaterVIPDined on 5/27/2014its always an event when we come here, the staff always make great suggestions from food to drink! The attention to detail is very evident!Special Features:
- Cava was quite enjoyableArthurJacobVIPDined on 5/22/2014Be forewarned: the portions are quite hardy and delicious. We had awesome service thanks to Sarah, gracious, professional and efficient. We would go back. And don't skimp on the guacamole!Special Features:
- Big disappointmentBelgianWaffleVIPDined on 5/21/2014This place came highly recommended as a higher scale Mexican. In the end, we left utterly disappointed. The guacamole was fresh and good, the fajitas mediocre, but the other two plates (quesadilla and empanadas) we ordered were blant and over-sized. Honestly, I would have gladly paid as much for smaller sizes of great quality and tasting food. We had lunch the day before at Los Aroyos in Santa Barbara, which had been referred to us as lower scale. Well it was cheaper, but a hell-of-a-lot better overall experience. Four thumbs down to Cava from my wife and I. It was the only meal we truly disliked over a 5-day trip to the area. Cava.....never again.
- Fun interesting menuKristinlaDined on 5/16/2014We just celebrated my husbands and daughters birthdays at Cava. We 5 different and couldn't finish them all. Our favorite was the halibut cerviche. The server was very upbeat and quite knowledgeable. We were there quite a while and never felt rushed to leave. Great place to come back to.Special Features:
- Cava is DependableLisaVIPDined on 5/13/2014Cava is always great. The food is perfect every time. And the cocktails? They are super, just like that darn guacamole!Special Features:
- great Mexican feastjb65VIPDined on 5/2/2014Dined at Cava during an out of town stay. This quaint and lively little Mexican restaurant is quite the neighborhood hot spot. Everything was A+. The upbeat servers were attentive and very cordial.Both the food quality + quantity were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDianeVIPDined on 4/20/2014Had a great brunch w my family. There was something for everyone of all ages!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montecito GemNotAgainDined on 4/18/2014Our regular stop from LA to Santa Barbara. Love this place!Special Features:
- disappointingpizzaexpertVIPDined on 3/15/2014Everything was mediocre--food, ambience, service. We'll not go back.Special Features:
- Special SouthwesterngoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 3/7/2014Food was so good, and menu so creative that normal bar noise so close to nice booths detracted only a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe an off nightRockyVIPDined on 3/5/2014Went back for a second visit with my family for a birthday celebration after having had an amazing dining experience last year. Maybe expectations were too high. Maybe they had an off night. The food was good, but nothing special. The service was a bit slower and less attentive than what I remembered -- but not at any level worth complaining about. An OK evening, but not memorable.
- Grand Time at CavaQueendiDined on 2/22/2014We went to Cava for a special celebration and we were treated accordingly. The food and service is always great there, but this time it was even better. I had a great pork posole and the paella looked terrific. Our server was attentive and friendly even when we stayed longer than we should have on a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Go ThereSBtravelerDined on 2/11/2014This is a great spot with wonderful food and we always enjoy going there every time we are in Santa BarbaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife enjoyed this moreKAS1VIPDined on 2/10/2014My wife enjoyed this more than I did but I think I just ordered the wrong thing. Quality Mexican food centrally located in Montecito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cava is a StandardLisaVIPDined on 1/20/2014Cava has always been consistent with fine dining and great service. And they have the best guacamole in town!Special Features:
- Margarita Maniacs: this is it!Foodie93150VIPDined on 1/7/2014Superb food and fantastic margaritas! I frequent Cava. Great patio dining and staff is very friendly. Private party room is a must for an intimate birthday dinner.. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cava on New Years EvereedsterukDined on 12/31/2013Booked the table two months in advance and ended up stuck in a tiny table by the fireplace with the fire at about 200 degrees continually. Because the table was an 'afterthought' in its placement, it was not really served well by the staff as they were very busy with the real booths and tables. The lady who greeted everyone constantly came up to the top of the room looking to see how far we were into the meal in order to 'rush us' - it did not work. It is a shame, the food/ambiance is good but the staff do not focus on the patrons in order to earn repeat business - maybe that is what the owner tells them.Special Features:
- Santa Barbara dinnerJimboDined on 12/28/2013We had the Paella & Enchilada's. Both were excellent. They served the largest, most delectable mussels I've ever tasted. Our only regret was that we were met, seated, served, finished in 40 minutes. We wish we could have lingered longer. But Alas, we were stuffed, and needed to take a walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomical TreatscubastxVIPDined on 12/27/2013We were visiting for Christmas and I was tired of eating "American" fare so I looked for something different. What a great choice! The different flavors were popping in my mouth. Though not a stranger to Spanish flavors and spices (grandmother was Puerto Rican), I am not necessarily indoctrinated in all things Mexican. I never had (my fiancee couldn't believe it) tamales and decided to try it after seeing it made on a news segment a day before we arrived in Santa Barbara. I'm glad I did. Unfortunately I had tapas, an entree and dessert; and I only say unfortunately because I was stuffed. I had to take food with me. I loved this restaurant, it's ambience and the service. Thanks Cava for making our last meal in Santa Barbara spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time dininggreatnightoutfor4Dined on 12/23/2013This was our first time dining with you and it was fabulous. The food was excellent. The service the best I have had in a while and the staff all very friendly. It was a very pleasurable dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Halloween party.Foodie93150VIPDined on 10/31/2013Located in the Center of Montecito. Great food, great staff. Excellent margaritas. Don't pass up the lamb, it's one of the gems of their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been dining here forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013I have been dining here for years. One of my Montecito favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a Monday evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/28/2013We went on a Monday evening, so it was pretty quiet. We choose to sit in a booth - very cozy! I ordered one of their specially cocktails - it was wonderful! My husband and I decided to share a couple of tapas (mussels with chorizo and stuffed chiles). Both were very delicious. For a main course, we ordered the ribs, unusual to find on a Spanish/Mexican menu. But, they were amazingly tender and the flavors complex and good. Portions were generous. We were too full to contemplate eating anything else. Service throughout the meal was excellent. When we return to the area, we would definitely have another meal at Cava! I hear they have live music on other evenings....that would be a nice addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatDianeVIPDined on 10/25/2013I love the food, cocktails and the live music playing. My daughter loves the guacamole! Great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.