2346 Chestnut Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.causwells.com/
- Phone: 4154476081
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm-1:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Rosenblum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Causwells
Causwells is an American bistro serving family style foodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Causwells reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (16)hot spot (13)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Decent but overhypedJimGVIPDined on 10/19/2014Went for brunch on Sunday and sat outside. There was a long wait for outdoors but they honored our opentable request and were the second ones seated. Although still relatively early they were out of French toast tips and biscuits with gravy, 2 of the main breakfast dishes on a limited menu. My wife and son had to order everything from the al a carte menu since they didn't like any of the other main choices. $6.00 for a plate of 5 pieces of bacon was a little high. I had the pastrami hash - tasty but very little pastrami and the chunks that were in there were half fat. Great outdoor spot and will give them the benefit of the doubt because of a busy marathon Sunday in the Marina but shouldn't run out of main, regular items!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemLocalBoyDined on 10/7/2014Neighborhood gem on Chestnut Street near the Presidio Theatre. The food is simple, but carefully prepared with great sauces and fresh ingredients. Portions are generous. Enjoyed the family style large plates. Everyone can share. We dined there for an early evening supper, before the crows came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual CauswellsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had an early 5:30 PM Saturday reservation and were seated in the delightful window table. Since we love to share, we started with the devil eggs, followed by the Heirloom tomato, jimmy nardello pepper, melon vinaigrette, fried okra salad and finished with the American Burger - all flavorful and well presented. The wine list has a good range of choices and is moderately priced - we had the Tempranillo, Romanico ‘11 Spain for $40 that paired well with our selections. It was great fun to start with a quiet relaxed setting and watch the restaurant fill up with a lively energetic crowd. The service was friendly and attentive - all in all a great experience. We will be back and also recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodmetooVIPDined on 9/27/2014With such an active bar scene you would think the food would be an afterthought. Not so. The heirloom tomato salad was light and refreshing. Shrimp and grits was a very well constructed plate. The burger was great.Special Features:
- This place is awesome!HappyguyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Fabulous new neighborhood gem in the Marina! Great food - everything was cooked to perfection, well balanced, innovative and just yummy. The owners and staff are so friendly, cool and attentive too. My first time here will definitely not be my last. This is a place to come to often!Special Features:
- great experience!NageVIPDined on 9/20/2014for was outstanding and creative menu, the service was fantastic and the whole team was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Welcome to the neighborhood!jrnwVIPDined on 8/27/2014We ordered the deviled eggs, ricotta, heirloom tomato salad, and the burger. All of the menu items we tried were fantastic! The service was the highlight of our experience. It was personal, and helpful. Tom and Alvin, the owners, visited the table and welcomed us to the restaurant. We will definitely be back! SO happy to have them in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Causewell LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Loved that I could make a reservation through Open Table for this new restaurant in the Marina. I thought that the lunch menu was a little sparse. The service was just ok. No enthusiasm from our server. No bread at all and the dishes begged for something. My salmon was on a plate with a corn salad. Presentation is at least half the enjoyment. This looked exactly like what you would serve your family at home. Nothing special.
- Cozy and deliciousAmandaBLivDined on 8/23/2014I've been to this place literally 5 times since it opened a few months ago. It's only 3 blocks from my apartment so I've been to breakfast, lunch, cocktails with friends and dinner. I've been very happy with each one. My top choices: the yogurt parfait for breakfast, veggie sandwich for lunch, THE BURGER (is ridiculous), and the donut bread pudding. I'm a big fan of this place. The service is great and they are always accomodating and over the top kind. I'm a fan.Special Features:
- It's new, but...kellyVIPDined on 8/12/2014... it could be good later. Feels like they have some process to iron out. Food is decent, but I suspect will be good if chef used to be with Flour+Water. I may go back later, but for now, it was just a fair, not excellent experience. I also don't live close, so perhaps if it were in my hood, I'd try again.
- Nice lunchVickieDined on 8/8/2014Two friends and I enjoyed a fresh salad and vegetarian sandwiches for lunch. Very good food and friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Causwells reviews archive.