2346 Chestnut Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.causwells.com/
- Phone: 4154476081
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm-1:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Rosenblum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Causwells
Causwells is an American bistro serving family style foodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Causwells reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Welcome to the neighborhood!jrnwVIPDined on 8/27/2014We ordered the deviled eggs, ricotta, heirloom tomato salad, and the burger. All of the menu items we tried were fantastic! The service was the highlight of our experience. It was personal, and helpful. Tom and Alvin, the owners, visited the table and welcomed us to the restaurant. We will definitely be back! SO happy to have them in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Causewell LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Loved that I could make a reservation through Open Table for this new restaurant in the Marina. I thought that the lunch menu was a little sparse. The service was just ok. No enthusiasm from our server. No bread at all and the dishes begged for something. My salmon was on a plate with a corn salad. Presentation is at least half the enjoyment. This looked exactly like what you would serve your family at home. Nothing special.
- Cozy and deliciousAmandaBLivDined on 8/23/2014I've been to this place literally 5 times since it opened a few months ago. It's only 3 blocks from my apartment so I've been to breakfast, lunch, cocktails with friends and dinner. I've been very happy with each one. My top choices: the yogurt parfait for breakfast, veggie sandwich for lunch, THE BURGER (is ridiculous), and the donut bread pudding. I'm a big fan of this place. The service is great and they are always accomodating and over the top kind. I'm a fan.Special Features:
- It's new, but...kellyVIPDined on 8/12/2014... it could be good later. Feels like they have some process to iron out. Food is decent, but I suspect will be good if chef used to be with Flour+Water. I may go back later, but for now, it was just a fair, not excellent experience. I also don't live close, so perhaps if it were in my hood, I'd try again.
- Nice lunchVickieDined on 8/8/2014Two friends and I enjoyed a fresh salad and vegetarian sandwiches for lunch. Very good food and friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Causwells reviews archive.