Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room
9360 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caulfieldsbh.com/
- Phone: 3103886860
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week:
Breakfast 7am - 11am . Lunch 11am - 3pm
Afternoon Menu 3pm - 5pm . Dinner 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Kalt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is available for private bookings. Front Atrium Room seats approximately 32 for private dining. Group dining menus available. Please contact our Events Department at 310.273.1400 x.364
A word from Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room
Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room offers a truly wonderful dining experience with exceptional service and a delicious menu. Craft cocktails, winelist, full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pleasant & reliableLucky13VIPDined on 8/20/2014Pleasant and reliable. Nice sandwich, salad with relaxed atmosphere. Pretty sure I had both the kale/parmesan salad and turkey/arugula sandwich before, and both were good again. A lot of flavor for fairly healthful options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulYummyVIPDined on 8/8/2014The servers were friendly but they could not seem to get the burger correct. It was raw the first time and the fries were burnt, so sent it back, waited, the second one was raw again, sent it back. Meanwhile my son and I were done so the third burger finally came, my hisbamd had lost his appetite. They didnt not offer to comp the burger but instead offered a desert. We declined and just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. Upon entering the restaurant, it was deserted on a Friday night, that should have been out sign to go elsewhere. I will never go back there.
- Look elsewherefoodiepieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had dinner here once during Dine LA restaurant week. Wasn't impressed. The octopus was the best dish. The rest was just okay. They need to step it up being in a highly competitive area. Many other choices walking distance that are far better,
- Pasadenafoodie1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Very tasty Americana comfort food, with some modern touches thrown in. Great original cocktails too. The place was fairly empty at dinner time on a Friday, which concerned us, but then again, it's located in a hotel right on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills. First course dish of lobster Mac and cheese wax decadent: big chunks of Maine lobster meat, 4-yr old aged white Vermont cheddar, corn bread bread crumbs on top, and little mini twist pasta. Almost a meal by itself!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Great joke!!! It was C L O S E D ! Willy Service.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room reviews archive.
- Love this placeAngelicaBDined on 6/9/2014I adore this place... their "Pizzette" is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a lunch meetingNGrandVIPDined on 6/5/2014I went to Caufield early and was able to sit at the bar to get some work done prior to my lunch meeting. The staff was great about perfectly timing their interruptions to take our orders. Nice and quiet for my meeting. The food was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go there! LOL!kivyDined on 4/20/2014I love Caulfield's so I don't want this gem of a restaurant to become so popular that I will have a had time getting a reservation. So make it easy for me, and just don't go there. But you really should because the food is delicious and it is a way cool place. Just allow me to still be able to get in whenever I want to.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE!tastydelightsDined on 4/9/2014WOW! A hidden gem in Beverly Hills! My boyfriend & I had heard of The Sixty Rooftop & went to check it out. Ordered some food with the MOST INCREDIBLE VIEW of the city, and the bubbly cocktail waitresses informed us that it was from Caulfield's the restaurant downstairs. Immediately made a date! The atmosphere of the restaurant is finesse; reminds me of a New York with a splash of French elegance. The staff had a great energy, and were extremely attentive/polite. Ordered the kale chips to start...WOW-addictive and tasty, serious NOM! The Brussels Sprouts AH TOO GOOD! White truffle pizza, the trout & the butter lettuce salad had us beyond impressed. The chocolate cake & the cookie ice cream were mouth watering.WILL BE RETURNING!THANK YOU!Special Features:
- Amazing drinksJoshDined on 3/28/2014I was on a date and went to Caulfields. The places was nice and quiet for a Friday night. It was a slow night for the staff but it was perfect for us. The atmosphere is calm and inviting. This was my second time going and it was nice to have the same AMAZING bartender. Stephanie is a wonderfully classy bartender who makes the most amazing drinks. I just narrowed down the liquor of choice and and she brought back some of the best drinks I have had. Besides the drinks themselves, she was a very attentive bartender who took great care of us. Even during an earthquake she kept her cool and made sure we were alright. Recommendation: Go for the Bartender Stephanie, stay for the thoughtfully mastered drinks. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went early so there were notBuddyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Went early so there were not many people there. The food and service were excellent. It is a very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great neighborhood spotcatmomVIPDined on 3/14/2014Caulfields is in the 60 hotel in Beverly Hills and is a very comfortable, relaxing venue. The food was astonishingly good and unusual. The duck breast was particularly interesting with strong and unexpected flavors.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchLauraLVIPDined on 2/9/2014Had a relative in from out of town and saw the Lunch Menu. We came on Sunday, when they were only serving Brunch, so didn't have the full menu...but had a great meal anyway. Loved the fact that the windows open and we could sit with fresh air coming in. Will go back to check out their full menu!
- we liked the food and service.claudiaVIPDined on 2/8/2014we liked the food and service. the menu choices were diverse and creative yet recognizableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableLucky13VIPDined on 2/7/2014Good as always. Pleasant. Quiet. Still really like the smoked trout salad. Just wish they would offer a vegan or at least vegetarian soup at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/6/2014Food was great! Service was Superb! Will be coming back!!!Special Features:
- Don't Bother Going to Caulfield'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/21/2014The service was TERRIBLE ! The server took the bread plates away as we sat down. Should have been a cklue to leave! She didn't know the menu! She didn't know the wine list. It took 51 minutes to receive our first course! The entrees were luke warm. It was a shame because the food was tasty! After three requests she brought bread and it was BURNT! The final splat was after having the parking validated we were charged $8.00! Never again!
- Terrible serviceJacksonspikeDined on 12/31/2013Horrible service and rude wait staff and manager. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Not my favorite place to eat.JpresskinVIPDined on 9/20/2013Did not care for this restaurant. The pounded chicken was fine but nothing else was good at all. Five of us all agreed.
- a bit slow...Lucky13VIPDined on 9/16/2013Food seemed to take a long time to come out. Appetizers arrived at a leisurely pace; meals really took too long. Was lucky to not be in a hurry and have good company for lunch, or otherwise it could have been one long afternoon. Wasn't crowded either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just needs a bit of anLucky13VIPDined on 7/8/2013Food just needs a bit of an upgrade. Good, varied menu, but then food comes out a bit less interesting than as written in menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caulfield's on WilshireBibbDined on 5/29/2013Our waitperson was exceptionally attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The offerings were varied, and we enjoyed the artichoke heart appetizer very much. We ordered wine, and my glass was very bitter tasting. The bartender agreed it was 'gone' and provided me with a glass from a new bottle. The fish was delicious, and the hand-cut pasta dish with peas and morel mushrooms was particularly flavorful. We had a lovely panna cotta dessert with fresh strawberries and pistachio ice cream--superb! The cappuccino was really great, and we left feeling satisfied but not stuffed. NOTE: Bread is not served unless you order their basket assortment. Actually, for two people who are trying to keep in shape, this is a good thing ;o)Special Features:
- Good early dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/26/2013We had dinner at 5pm and were the only couple in the restaurant so had great service! The restaurant has a comfortable bistro feel with tile floors and wooden furnishings. My grilled artichoke hearts were perfectly done and my spouse's fresh pea soup was very good. Our main courses were mixed with the marinated skirt steak well prepared and the fried chicken with a good crust but slightly overdone. Dessert was the best with the sticky toffee pudding. We would go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not loving it...ChefKellyVIPDined on 5/18/2013Nice surroundings. We had the cauliflower and lamb meatballs to start, which were nice. Almost enough for a small meal each. Our server recommend the yellowtail carpaccio for me and the veggie phyllo stack for my vegan friend. My yellowtail was unfortunately flavorless except for a few grains of sea salt. The veggie phyllo stack ($23-ish) was just a bland stack of steamed spinach with a couple asparagus tips and a few sheets of phyllo on top. We only ate about 2-3 bites of each and left the rest. We were not planning on asking for our money back, but wouldn't have had much of an opportunity anyway since no one asked how we liked our food or why we didn't eat it. Ho hum.
- Food is good, but pricey forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2013Food is good, but pricey for what it is. Dishes are deconstructed. Not crowded for lunch, so great if you want it a bit quieter to actually talk. I expect the bar scene is hopping at Happy Hour and beyond.
- Still wishing for some healthierLucky13VIPDined on 4/19/2013Still wishing for some healthier options, but very good salad and nice tuna sandwich which was basically a nicoise salad sandwich.Special Features:
- Great service and loved thekathe90035VIPDined on 4/18/2013Great service and loved the skirt steak and the artichoke salad were incredible.Special Features:
- Watch what you order....it adds upLouLouBelleVIPDined on 4/16/2013food was good but I don't consider this to be a fine dining place and yet the final tab was pretty pricey for what we got. Mostly appetizer type bar food ----and they charge for bread and butter! Really!!! If money is not an issue, then go for it. The service though was top notch. Dinner was $150.00 for two: one meal was an entree and the other was soup and a pizzette style pizza. 2 drinks.Special Features:
- food was good but felt itJRSJAGDined on 4/11/2013food was good but felt it was a little pricey for what you got for your moneySpecial Features:
- Caulfield's is an attractiverockrikVIPDined on 4/10/2013Caulfield's is an attractive dining establishment and the atmosphere is quite nice, leaving a nice, warm feeling. Unfortunately, the food took away that feeling quite quickly. Everything was extremely oily and when we asked if our dishes could be prepared with less oil, the waitress returned saying this is what they do, and would not accomodate in any way. Definitely would not return.
- I have been here twice now,kesseldawgVIPDined on 4/5/2013I have been here twice now, and the food here is really good. I recommend the burger, salmon, meatballs, and brussel sprouts. They have something they call bread pudding, but I am not really sure what it was...but it wasn't bread pudding. The doughnuts were quite good. They should turn down the lights a bit and that would add more ambiance. Also, I have been there at prime time on weekend nights, and the place never seems to have enough people in it to get "energy." They need to do something to draw people in. Groupon? It would draw more people that Blackboard Eats, which I did use. One small note, I was there to celebrate some friends who got engaged.Special Features:
- Terrible experience, don'tbad4moneyVIPDined on 3/23/2013Terrible experience, don't waste your time,Service was the worst, and the food was poor...
- My bar of choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013The bar at Caulfield's is hand-down my favorite place to have a cocktail in all of Beverly HIlls. The amazingly charming French bartender, who mixes killer drinks, makes Caulfield's bar a must-go if your feeling like a drink and you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was surprisinglysemifoodieVIPDined on 3/19/2013The food was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. Dishes were creative, menu had great variety and the room(s0 was great for conversation.Special Features:
- This was my 4th time and Caulfield'TobyVIPDined on 3/9/2013This was my 4th time and Caulfield's is consistently delicious and embellished by friendly, attentive service. The kale salad and cauliflower are fabulous and the pizzas are thin crust, crispy...the truffle or gargonzola are sure bets. Try the fried chicken but the sauté trout is the entree to select. Hamburgers are also outstanding. It s a lovely restaurant and attitude free. Every time we dine there, we meet the most interesting patrons.Special Features:
- Excellent food. 3.00 chargebarbydollVIPDined on 3/8/2013Excellent food. 3.00 charge for bread is a rip off. Sorry looking rolSpecial Features:
- Food was very good. WineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/3/2013Food was very good. Wine list could be improved upon, as it's quite limited. A bit petty, when they bring you a nice amount of cheese spread and just a few pieces of flatbread, partially burned and charge almost half of what the entire plate costs for a few additional pieces, without telling you. Also, server was not familiar with the wine list. It's new...so still a few kinks to work out.
- The ambiance was pleasantborntoeatVIPDined on 3/2/2013The ambiance was pleasant - bistro like and our cocktails were good. My husband had fried chicken-it was okay but nothing special. I had trout with zucchini - that was pretty good. Burrata with butternut squash was pleasant but nothing special. Ordered Charred brocolini (as per menu) but charred broccoli was served and it tasted a bit strange - taste of gas or charcoal fluid. Dessert was pleasant enough but nothing special either. Not sure if we will return.
- Consistently WonderfulSteakLoverVIPDined on 2/19/2013This was our second visit; we came to celebrate a birthday. It was a great evening all the way around from food and wine to service and comfort. The chef came out to speak with us about questions on the menu and was quite engaging. Lots of great flavors... hard to choose... I love a menu like that!Special Features:
- Very good food with very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2013Very good food with very good service. For some reason they were out of a lot of wines? It was a bit noisey also. But the foot and service was excellent and I will go back.Special Features: