Cattle 'n Clover
3817 Pacific Ave.
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Cattle 'n Clover
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cattlenclover.com/
- Phone: 6095223800x
- Hours of Operation:
Wed - Thur 4pm - 9pm
Fri 2pm - 9pm
Sat 12pm - 10pm
Sun 12pm - 9pm
Wed thru Sun bar open late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Irish
- Executive Chef: Chef Wazz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly Entertainment see website for latest line up
- Special Events: Come Practice for St Patrick's Day with us on the 17th of each month
With all Corned beef menu items half price & Guinness ,Harp, & Smithwick's pints for $3
A word from Cattle 'n Clover
Steakhouse with an Irish SoulContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cattle 'n Clover - Best Restaurants in Wildwood ›
Cattle 'n Clover reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I-rish I Visited In-SeasonmeatsweatVIPDined on 10/12/2014Too be fair to this establishment, our visit was during the off-season, so we may not have gotten the full experience. Our atmosphere was eating beside the pool table. Our appetizer of cabbage spring rolls were very good, as were the Irish Nachos. The fish and chips dinner was good. The Shepard's pie was more like a beef stew - it needed more potatoes and a spice or two mixed in the watery sauce may have helped. Must also say very impressed with beer selection. Will say that this was better than many of the tourist traps in the area. All-in-all a good meal at fair and reasonable prices. Will try again during the summer season next year to get the full experience.Special Features:
- WilburVIPDined on 8/24/2014If you want a very loud bar scene with average food, this is the place. The only item that stood out was the clams. Hamburger ok. Corned beef platter was fatty. Would not go back
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Typical pub food. Service was really good. Good burger.
- Great change of paceFoxybythebayDined on 8/17/2014Thought the lighting was a little bright. When the band came on, the lights dimmed to a comfortable level. Waiter was excellent and kept us aware of the large party in the back room that was slowing the kitchen down a bit. But it was St Practice Day so the $3 pints kept us busy. Bacon wrapped meatloaf was banging! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have to give it another tryPagsDined on 8/14/2014This is a nice place a couple of blocks off the boardwalk. The service was great and the staff was real friendly. I was there on a weeknight so it did not get overly crowded. they have a nice menu to choose from. THE IRISH NACHO'S WAS CRAZY, CRAZY, GOOD, I go back there just for this alone, their that good. The Caesar salad was good , not great, on par with any other decent salad out there. They had a item on the menu call Irish Surf & Turf , which was a combo of Sheppard's pie and Fish & Chips . Fish & Chips were average but nice & crispy, I was really disappointed in the Shepard's pie, It did not do it for me, I've had this in many Irish Pub's in Manhattan, all were better. portions were nice & big on everything. I would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food on menu not avaialble!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We are vegans and went for the "New" veggie burger on the menu. We ordered wine and entrees. Of course wine came first followed by the bad news that only one black bean burger was available. Hmm.. wonder if it was in the kitchen all summer. If you feature a new item on your menu-make sure it's available for more than one person!!!!!
- Best food in Wildwood!AmywvDined on 8/3/2014My boyfriend and I were vacationing in wildwood and were searching for great food. We love to try new things and this place had it all! We were both very happy with our meals. From the chicken meatballs that had explosions of flavor to the award winning Shepard's pie. The burger was also one of the best I've had. The service was outstanding! I'll probably dream about this food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureJwt584Dined on 7/26/2014Best Steaks in Wildwood & as always Greeted by John the Owner to make sure all our needs were met! Waitress Nyasia was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were awesome!KrussDined on 7/24/2014Restaurant had a great atmosphere and was even kid friendly. Would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticDphel1125Dined on 7/24/2014The food was outstanding, authentic and different from all the rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Move over for cattle n cloverdrushDined on 7/22/2014My girlfriend and I went on a Tuesday wing night. Huge wings on a pillow of mashed potatoes. Amazing! My date had the hanger steak n chips. Also top notch. The live music was perfect and the owner stopped by each booth to ensure our meal was great and we were enjoying his place. This was a first visit but will not be our last!! We will be back ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would be great if...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014This place would be a great spot to get a great meal if our waitress was a little more serious about her job and the chef could cook steak and eggs the way my husband ordered it. Instead he had the waitress bring over the menu and told him to order something else. The whole experience won't be worth a second chance.
- Second VisitVeryItalianDined on 6/29/2014Our first visit was excellent, but the second visit to Cattle 'n Clover was a big disappointment. We ordered our favorite, buffalo chicken meatball sandwich. The meatballs were not cooked through and our Caesar Salad had anchovies in the dressing. We did let the manager know about the salad, but should have also told him about the sandwich. We also ordered the spinach and avocado dip, which was excellent on our first visit, but the second visit the dip was full of whole leaves of spinach with the stems attached. Nothing like the first time we ordered it. I doubt that we will go back for a third visit.Special Features:
- Unfortunate disappointmentNikkiDined on 6/27/2014We walked into the restaurant unable to hear ourselves talk because a man singing to a guitar was quite loud. Food was average.Special Features:
- Four leaf cloverLIFEISGOODDined on 6/26/2014Excellent food...great service, properly priced, loved the kilts. Great people work at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Cattle 'n Clover reviews archive.
- just okmarymDined on 6/21/2014went for an early dinner on a Saturday night. would be much beter if they had their own parking. décor was fun. music was fun. bar was busy. menu was limited. felt food was over priced. irish nachos were ok. sheppard's pie was good. probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Good but really slowMikeVIPDined on 6/14/2014As many note, the mozzarella sticks are excellent and huge. The rest of the food was good. My meatloaf sandwich was great, but my wife's corned beef wasn't that good. They have a good whiskey and craft beer selection, but $7 for a pint of the Tuckahoe-brewed house ale is outrageous. The service from the kitchen and bar was ridiculously slow. There weren't many people here so I don't know how they'll do it in season. Our server was very good; she seemed a little flighty at first but then picked it up. Owner makes the rounds and is very nice.Special Features:
- Terrific food great serviceShoremanDined on 6/13/2014Warm atmosphere great food and top notch service. From the moment you walk in the door you are treated like a special guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorial Day Sunday NightFarquwaarDined on 5/25/2014Our party of 7 got here early as a favorite band was playing in the bar that night. While our waitress was prompt she prefaced our order with "There are two large groups so you may be waiting for your order". Ok. No biggie, not in a hurry. Drink orders. No beer list. No Amstel Light!! Orders orange vodka tonic. No Oranges for garnish. Menu listed large whiskey list. Two ordered. They've got neither. Now the owner did make it right by coming to the table with two alternatives. Food was acceptable. This a beach resort bar so acceptable is about as good as it gets. But for the large first weekend of the season, with a huge crowd expected for a popular band, CnC was far to unprepared.Special Features:
- 5/22/142localsDined on 5/22/2014The place was empty, but took over 45 min to be served our apps & salad. Dinner was 15 min after the apps which we hadn't finished yet.. Food is good. But can't imagine how long it would take with a crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back again and again!AimKDined on 4/26/2014My family found this spot on vacation last year and talked about it ever since! Food is amazing and definitely made to order from scratch. Service has always been great. Owner makes his presence known to all the customers you can tell he really cares about his restaurant and customers. Try it out, you wont be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R&Pgood2enjoyDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the relaxed bar scene before everyone hits town later in the season. We thank Corey the bartender for his tips on fishing. He also pores and serves well. Shrimp and crab cake sandwich is very tasty. Appreciate being asked about the quality of the food and as exiting whether we would return in the future ..... a definite yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelswithdogsDined on 4/12/2014Impressed by the involvement of the owner. He delivered or helped deliver food orders to each table. On his way by our table at the end of the night, he stopped and asked how everything was, even remembering exactly what we'd had! I can't imagine he can do this for every table during the high season (summer) but it's a nice touch. Food was outstanding. We had a new appetizer, deviled eggs, out of this world! I had the Irish Torte for dinner, which is also new. The flavor was fantastic! My only suggestion would be to add more meat, it was a bit heavy on veggies, crust and gravy. My companion had a perfectly cooked steak that was very tender and flavorful. Ambience is Irish pub, not fancy, but I like that. We will be back.Special Features:
- First time thereMiddlesisDined on 9/21/2013Down in wildwood for Irish weekend. Had a brochure for this restaurant. Thought we would try it. Different than I thought it would be. Was expecting finer dining. Food was very good. Atmosphere was nice. Our waitress was only concerned on how long her day was, and how she had to stay and work. Basically it was all about her. Didn't see her for 20-25 minutes, and our table of six wanted another round of drinks. My husband stopped drinking, because it took so long for our service. Would go back again, and hopefully get a different waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike's RecommendationMikeDined on 9/6/2013This is, without a doubt, the BEST Irish Pub in all of the Wildwoods. The Hanger steak is absolutely the best on the Islands. John runs an excellen resturant and bar. I highly recommend this location to anyone looking for a great meal and an excellent selection of beers! Closest we've come to Ireland since actually being there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2013Overall we had a good experience - our waitress neglected us for the majority of the meal, however the food was great and the manager/guys behind the bar refilled our drinks for us and checked in regularly. Also the other waitressed looked like they were on top of their game – we just got the one dud. Food was delicious and lots of fun options, also good craft beer choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish gemDiner0909Dined on 8/29/2013Great food. We had the award winning burgers. Fun atmosphere. Pool tables. Ping pong. Bar shuffle board. Awesome drinks. Chocolate Mintinis. Mojitos. Appletinis. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of coffeeDissVIPDined on 8/27/2013Never did I dine in a resturant where they ran out of coffee and were waiting for a box? To be delivered. Food was sub par
- A Real FindJerryDined on 8/24/2013When in Wildwood, you have to stop by the Cattle n' Clover and try a plate of their Shepherd's Pie; one bite and you'll be hooked. The C n' C is a steak house, so if you are not up for a traditional Irish fare, there is definitely something for everyone on the menu. All the food was excellent, the staff were polite and friendly, and the service was fantastic. The C n' C is well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Very good appsGargDined on 8/24/2013The food and service were good. You get quite a bit of food.Special Features:
- What a great experienceOutoftownerDined on 8/16/2013Went there with 2 kids under 10 and me and my husband. Was a little worried it looked like a bar and not so much a place for family dinner. Went in and the owner Shep took us to the back out of the bar scene, it was perfect- he knew exactly where to seat us. Nice booth In The back with a wall separating us from the bar but we were still able to hear the live band play. The food was fantastic, Shep recommended the cabbage spring rolls and they did not disappoint ! Delicious, is pretty much what sums up the food, irish surf n turf was awesome, kids chicken fingers were freshly made- they loved them.Defiantly recommend, food was delicious ! Service was outstanding. A. Place you may just walk by but do yourself a favor and go in and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every partOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013From apps to dessert, everything was well prepared and delicious. Tried the corned beef and cabbage app even though it was out of our comfort zone. Loved it, especially served on the mashed potatoes with spicy mustard. Buffalo Chicken meatballs were also good. Fish and chips were perfect, loved the batter. Meatloaf wrapped in bacon was also good. Peanut butter pie was enough for 4 to share. Last but not least, the Guinness was a perfect pour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected surprise!birthdaygirlDined on 8/12/2013Found Restaurant On A whim....Great Find. Food Flavorful, Tender Cuts Of Steak. Revampted Shepards Pie Deliciously Seasoned. Pasta And Clams Al Dante And Perfectly Cooked. Must Try!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Turtlegirl67Dined on 8/8/2013The food was terrific. We had the Irish nachos and Irish surf & turf. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/5/2013We arrived and were seated immediately, hostess was very friendly. We were greeted by our server, Tiffany, as soon as we were seated. She was friendly and very knowledgable about bar offerings and made a few suggestions. Drinks came back quickly and we placed our dinner order. My wife asked a few questions regarding some of the entrees and we both selected the Hanger Steak. It was cooked perfectly and Tiffany suggested we try the Balsamic Bacon Vinaigrette on the wilted baby spinach, she couldn't have been more right! We followed with their bread pudding which was great as well. Overall it was a great dinner and the service was excellent. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Long wait - adequate foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Was seated at 8. Food served at 9:20. Three out of seven thought food was ok. Relaxed, casual bar environment. Live music make it fun for bar enthusiasts but as far as the food, pass.Special Features:
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013We were a group of ten and were seated immediately for our 7:15 PM reservation. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs and checked back frequently making sure our drinks were refilled. Although it did take almost an hour to get our food, that is to be expected when you have such a large group. We all got different menu items and were all pleased with the taste and portion size that was given. I would recommend this establishment to all. The manager on duty checked in with us twice during our stay to make sure we were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful service.Ww2013Dined on 7/30/2013Great food and wonderful service. Our waitress tabitha made sure we had everything we needed. My husband loved the atmosphere.....we went early evening with our little guy, but he can't wait to go back one day with " the guys!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in WildwoodYankDined on 7/28/2013The food was great. The staff was fabulous. Very, very kid freindly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!!JerseygirlDined on 7/27/2013This was my first time to this restaurant. The food, service and drinks were very good. It was also reasonable priced for being in Wildwood. I am definately going back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.