4003 North Andrews Ave
Oakland Park, FL 33309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.catfishdeweys.com/
- Phone: 9545665333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seating for groups of 20 to 30 available in private room.
- Private Party Contact: Dewey 9545665333
- Cross Street: 1/2 mile north of Oakland Pk. Blvd.
- Public Transit: There is a bus stop 100 feet to the south of Catfish Deweys.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: In addition to parking on our own property additional parking is available as directed by the parking lot director stationed on the south side of our building. He also can provide umbrellas in rainy weather for your use.
A word from Catfish Dewey's
We are a full-service family owned and operated restaurant established in 1984. We are dedicated to offering the finest seafood available for the best value. Our specialty is farm raised catfish, but our menu is quite diverse. We have a variety of all-you-can-eat specials like shrimp, stone crab, ribs as well as generous traditional portion meals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Catfish Dewey's reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Food and service were good but the restaurant and bathroom needs renovatingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014We always enjoy going to Catfish Dewey's and now that you can make reservations on Open Table, we like it even more. Thanks.Special Features:
- RusticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014No Wait, easy parking. Food Good. My problems were service and ambiance. Mabe its just me, but I detected a musty odor. Lots of exposed wires on the walls. I felt ignored by waitress, but must admit she had her hands full with a demanding customer at the next table. She also screamed a loud NO! to one of the helpers setting up a table. Would return or recommend if I wanted fried catfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 days in a rowDJFMDined on 8/12/2014Well, I was so pleased on the previous night when I dined alone, I returned for my birthday with 6 additional very special people. I used Opentable again but could longer reserve for 6. The instructions told if more is needed, to call the restaurant directly, I did. I was greated by a very pleasant man who know my name and added the additional guest without issue. He told me that my lady, Delores was on duty again tonight, of course I was happy, happy, happy. She is the BEST! My hubby and I arrived 1st and was seated promptly moments later the remainder of our party arrived. We ALL enjoyed our food selections, we were pleasantly surprised with the Seafood Gumbo ... LICK YOUR FINGER GOOD! Yes, we all will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceDJFMDined on 8/11/2014I decided to dine alone so I reserved via Opentable for 8:00, arrived early and seated immediately ... bit shocked because it was crowded. My waitress was STELLAR - Delores SUPERB!!! Once I told her that it was my first time as result of colleagues, Delores made my visit remarkable. The food delicious and plentiful ... steamed and fried shrimp, catfish, hush puppies, cole slaw, potato ... all wonderful!!! I enjoyed myself immensely. Will recommend and return!Special Features:
- Food was greatJasonpilVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always try and go to Deweys while in South Florida. Always get the all you can eat crawfish and they were great as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2014Catfish Dewey's has great seafood and hush puppies.Special Features:
- Always deliciousfoodfriendlyDined on 6/29/2014The food is always consistent and excellent. A great selection of seafood and plentiful servings.Special Features:
- Back again for Seafood!eatoutkingDined on 6/28/2014I am always coming back for the seafood. The Early Bird Specials are great. I had fried oyster and my wife had the Mahi. The food is good and I like the relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Always!mickonrunVIPDined on 6/15/2014We go here all the time because the food and service is always great. Must use Open Table reservation because the place is always packed. They seem to turn tables quickly because the service is so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Catfish Dewey's reviews archive.
- Crab legs lobster steak. GREATTiffanyDined on 5/2/2014I arrived for my reservation early. .. all others had to wait. I was seated immediately and the hostess knew it was my first time because of the info I put on open table. The servers were very friendly. The food was hot ahs Tay. Can't wait to choke back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Din4ResFineDined on 4/24/2014You can't get better car fish anywhere in the USA and you can get al you can eat. Those who don't like cat fish have other reasonable entries.Special Features:
- Good southern comfort foodyuhnahDined on 4/13/2014Great place if you want to stuff your face with crayfish or crab. They have different all you can eat on certain days at a great price. Service was wonderful, full attention from the host to the waitstaff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SeafoodmickonrunVIPDined on 4/12/2014The best southern seafood around. Everything is so good. Very good desserts as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good seafoodupsgatorDined on 4/4/2014We went for the early bird special. The four of us all enjoyed the entries. Average portions for price and tasty. The place as busy and a bit noisy. Parking was a problem, there isn't enough. We parked accross the street in an abandoned gas station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not another yuppie experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2014Very accommodating servers. Excellent, fresh seafood. Fried shrimp are plump and lightly battered, snow crab legs are "other-worldly delicious" and a wee bit pricey for this place at $32.99 (all u can eat), and the sides, from grits to collard greens to rice are all good! Baskets of fresh baked hushpuppies are set down upon arrival. Go before 6:00 for the early bird - very big portions! A real old Florida experience.Special Features:
- Mediocre seafood with no viewSmmphdVIPDined on 3/19/2014This is the kind of food that you expect in a prime location with a great view in a tourist spot--ridiculously large menu, all of it mediocre at best. Soggy french fries, lots of fried food. A place with line cooks and no chef where you want to pick very simple dishes. Lots of food at a pretty low price. BUT this place has no view. Avoid if you are a foodie.Special Features:
- Oh Yeah!ChristineCVIPDined on 3/12/2014Catfish Dewey's is... the Bomb Diggity. It's great for lunch and even greater for dinner. Love the Menu, love the ambiance. I totally forgot I was in Florida; it felt like I was out in the Bayous (And I mean that in the best possible way). Service is great; really appreciate that we didn't wait an eternity to be served, which is great when fooding a hungry toddler. All in all, great experience, and will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYJakeVIPDined on 3/10/2014Been coming her for many years. Always good food. Fresh, good service and you never go home hungry. The staff is great and the food is always perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you have to try this place out!!CELLY1121VIPDined on 3/9/2014OMG!! what a vibrant and awesooooooome place!! I lived in NY and this place ROCKS!! Thanks OPENTABLE for having them on your list of restaurant. Will definitely do this again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server ruined the mealDW22Dined on 2/24/2014It was great that we had reservations, because there was an hour wait on a Monday night. We got right in. However, the server was awful, which ruined the entire experience. We ordered two appetizers, which were not brought until after the salads. The cat fish was ok. The only way I'd recommend this place is if you really like catfish and fried food. I go because my father in law likes it.
- Fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/24/2014It may not be fancy,but the food is always fresh . They have a great early bird special. If you are looking for fresh seafood this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsDuckyDined on 1/5/2014A catfish restaurant, plain and simple. The neighborhood is not the best however there is ample attended parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fresh SeafoodBuddyDined on 1/4/2014Looking for a great seafood joint but don't want to spend your whole paycheck on it? Go to Catfish Dewey's. Delicious catfish (of course), scallops, shrimp, oysters, Florida lobster,stone crabs, fish, all in big portions at reasonable prices, and free hushpuppies. This is a real down home type place. Nothing fancy so don't dress up. Just good seafood at great prices! Every night is a different "all you can eat" special. Go before 6:30 or you'll be waiting in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JoelRDined on 1/2/2014We enjoyed our visit to Catfish Dewey's while in Ft Lauderdale. A highlight if our trip. Some of the best food, ever, and a definite return spot for us when in the area!! Catfish is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all you can eat stone crabs?gregDined on 12/31/2013ordered the jumbo all you can eat stone crabs which is a little pricey but i did enjoy it. . very fresh, always kept coming, great attitude in service.Special Features:
- Great spot for fish and more!PAMikeDined on 12/31/2013My wife and were visiting Fort Lauderdale for a few days and checked open table reviews for a good seafood restaurant. VERY HAPPY we went to Catfish Dewey's. Very friendly atmosphere with regular folks running the place. ( I mean that in a good way! ) It's nothing fancy or chic but the quality of the food with fair prices makes up for that. If you're looking for ultra modern or south beach chic this is not your place. If you want a tasty meal with good portions go here. If I lived in Florida I would be here regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatfishinFort LauderdalepeterlDined on 12/29/2013All you can eat catfish is terrific and great value for money, We have been going there for 30+ years when we come down from Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong!SonnyVIPDined on 12/27/2013Lived in south Florida for 5 years and always went to Catfish Deweys. Great specials and awesom seafood! Live in North Florida and make it down to South Florida several times a year and ALWAYS make it Catfish Deweys. Don't Miss the opportunity for some very good seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to go to once,PinkyVIPDined on 12/21/2013A good place to go to once, the food was just ok. It has been in business a long time, and is what it is. Something to experience Once, the cat fish is good and the hush puppies are good. Probably will go back next year, once more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish!!Love2rocDined on 12/12/2013If you are looking for fresh Florida catch, then you have come to the right spot!! Very good selection of fish and if you don't like that you will still find other options. Service is good and the checkered tablecloths are our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep Fried Comfort Food HeavenFoodTrekkerVIPDined on 11/23/2013This place is great to get you fix for for southern style seafood. We started with the fried mushrooms and stuffed jalapeno peppers - both freshly prepared - not prepacked, not frozen. Meals come with your choice of slaw or salad and potato and did I mention HUSHPUPPIES. They feature all-you-can-eat specials and prepare the seafood fried, grilled or blackened. And be prepared to take home leftovers - the portions are huge!! I'm from the Midwest and can honestly say that the catfish is probably the best that I've ever had. I'm also weary of ordering fried shrimp - but not here - they were big and hand-breaded on site. And the desserts - fantastic - especially the peanut butter stack. Our server, Delores, was great and and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodJazzybVIPDined on 11/15/2013Been going here since it opened! Still great food and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurant.mickonrunVIPDined on 11/6/2013If this place didn't have the best down home seafood, it would be just another restaurant, but oh my my. It doesn't matter what you order...it is all that good! Hush puppies are a great starter, the salads are fresh and cold. The main dishes come out hot and quick. This restaurant does things right. My only complaint is that they really could use to put some money into cleaning up the decor. Ceiling tiles are stained and the furniture is out dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!TeeteeVIPDined on 10/24/2013This was our third timing eating here. We travel to this area often and found this place over the summer. All three times we have been here has consistently been great! From the food to the service! Keep up the good work!
- Old fashioned seafoodJunctionJoVIPDined on 10/12/2013A bit of a dive, but the food is always good. Fresh shrimp, yummy scallops, good oysters, all served with great cole slaw and hush puppies. Friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2013Saturday nights are date nights for my husband and I. Being rushed for time I looked on open table for casual dining. This was perfect. food was great, service was great and no wait time. We will definitly be returning for a great meal again, which we were unable to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Grrrreat!!!ChefDined on 9/22/2013Really good food at very reasonable prices, don't be put off by the location or decor, ate at another restaurant the night before(Florida choice winner in three categories) and I was disappointed then went to Catfish Deweys and had my faith in good food at reasonable prices restored. The shrimp gumbo soup is fabulous and all the portions are huge, I couldn't finish all the scallops on the "platter full" I ordered. Will definitely be back. Chef GSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood and hushpuppiesChuquigirlVIPDined on 9/14/2013Wonderful seafood and hushpuppies in old fashioned, good time atmosphere with big cheerful room, service and good drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you love Snow Crab legs?G305561Dined on 8/22/2013I dined with my family on a Thursday night which is also all you can eat crab legs. The service was amazing, very attentive server. Food was great. Never had to ask for more crab legs, they were always taking the crab scraps as it could get messy with two people diving in! It was more like a mom and pops restaurant very out dated and worn. In need of renovation bad. The parking was a little tough but well worth it. The only thing I didn't care for was the lobster bisq soup. I will be back! Overall a 4 out of 5!Special Features: