Catches Waterfront Grille
7811 Bayview Street
Port Richey, FL 34668Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Catches Waterfront Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.catcheswaterfrontgrille.com/
- Phone: 7278492121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner : Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View
- Private Party Contact: Catering Manager 7278492121
- Entertainment: In our Tiki Bar which is the largest of its kind in Pasco County, we have some of the best entertainers in town, on the weekends 7-11pm and 4-7 reggae on Sundays.
A word from Catches Waterfront Grille
You"ve come to the right place if your looking for fresh seafood, awesome crab cakes and some of the best appetizers in town. We offer great daily drink specials as well as being situated on the Cottee River for an amazing meal while watching the boats go byContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Catches Waterfront Grille - Best Restaurants in Port Richey ›
Catches Waterfront Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (8)romantic (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- CocktailsOsmithDined on 10/8/2014Had to return the first drink, unpleasant taste. Second drink was betterSpecial Features:
- Not sure what all the hype is aboutRaggyMomDined on 10/4/2014First off...the server was attentive....but every course was very rushed. We had just gotten our salads when our entrees showed up. The salads were uninspiring and most likely bagged lettuce...it had that bagged unfresh lettuce non appeal. The coconut shrimp was greasy. I had the blackened flounder...which was tasteless and just wet. To me...blackened fish is not meant to be sautéed in a pan of butter/oil. All the flavorful spices were probably in the pan because they were NOT on my fish. My spouse had fried shrimp...which was also blackened and sautéed in oil/butter.....and tasteless. Again...his spices were probably in the pan also! Wine list is not impressive. Would never go back. Just not good at all! NOT FOR FOODIES!!!Special Features:
- Catches was comfortable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Catches was comfortable. Service very good not enough seafood choices on the menu. Scallops were not seared as the menu stated. I would go there again for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Service and Food was excellent. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- Great TimeDEEJAYVINDined on 9/13/2014We had a last minute group dinner for 8 and they fit us in. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidtDavidtDined on 8/29/2014We had a great time.... They had a special table for us for our anniversary... Our server Fanel was great.. Rich was the one who set everything for us... Thank you so much RichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townZmanDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I had the grouper and a bottle of wine. Very fresh and fit for foodies.Special Features:
- Awesome food, ambiance, waitress !misseatingoutDined on 7/20/2014The lobster was out of this world! Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, helpful to us with the menu. I had the best Caesar Salad EVER! The restaurant appearance was lovely. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining for new plsces.7OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014overall dining was pleasant, quiet I love that, main entree was very good, Caesar salad leafy lettuce it was made up more of the veining,and the calamari was very tender but lacked flavorthe appearance of some of the staff could have been tired dear but the entrees work place could be kept a little cleaner. dirty plates and tables on outside dining area was not a very nice view and landscaping needs to be worked on, it could be a beautiful place with a little TLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- US 19 Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I have driven by this restaurant for 10 years thinking I had to go to Clearwater or Tampa to find a decent place to dine. We have to stay closer to home recently and when I went to make reservations Catches came up on the Open Table list. I decided to make a reservation for the 4 the of July for my husband and I, it turned out to be a wise choice! The food was delish they had filet tips as an appetizer that were so good. I got the Island Chicken with pineapple salsa and steamed veggies. I am a health nut and they cooked it to my liking. Martinis are good and strong! Wish I had given them a chance sooner. Will be dining here more in the future! Love the decor and tiki bar they have a water front view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceCatchupsDined on 7/3/2014The only downsides was a child screamed and cried for over a half hour which was disturbing but the parents didn't do anything and it made talking difficult. The witer was great and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Catches Waterfront Grille reviews archive.
- DiningDivaDined on 6/14/2014Very good fish, lobster and oysters. Great desert choices too. We enjoyed our mesl very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Food was great the service was great the atmosphere was great the staff where friendly nice view prices where reasonable can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mchebiDined on 6/8/2014great layout and ambience, the food was excellent waitress forgot ! drinks reorder she needs to be more attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place was deadMermaidstailDined on 6/6/2014I picked Catches because we had been there maybe 6 years ago with friends and it reminded us of a place in Indianapolis where my husband proposed to me. so it seemed like the perfect place for our 16 th anniversary. I made 8:30 reservations on a Friday. Had to hurry to get there because we were running late and thought it would be packed. It was dead, service was OK, food not all that great. husband ended up ordering a steak instead of fish because we goggled a fish on the menu we didn'trecognize and it (panga) ended up being the most toxic fish in veitnam. Other fish we knew was expensive. best part was the complementary cheesecake. 17 th anniversary I'll find some place closer to home.
- Catches-what a find! Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/3/2014Excellent food with warm and friendly staff. A clean and bright setting with a family feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newyorkerDined on 5/31/2014We were a party of 4 and were seated upon arrival. Hostess was very friendly and efficient. Our waitress was very pleasant, efficient and attentive. We would highly recommend Catches to all of our friends. We stopped in the bar for a drink, it was a little noisy, but that was due to the music. The waitress didn't realize that an Irish coffee should come with whipped cream and not in a Styrofoam cup. Other than that it was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quality seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014The staff was not at all happy, no smile with service and even less knowledge of seafood in general. I had salmon that was cooked correctly but had no seasoning or taste and was supposed to be "blackened". The other guest with me ordered Mahi Mahi and it was served extremely overcooked (it was grey on the plate).
- prodigalsonDined on 5/23/2014Very nice experience, My wife's 65th birthday dinner with the family. Party of 7 ! WaItres Lori was excellent. One of our favorite dining places although it is a bit of a drive! Many Thanks. Jim Maurer. Tarpon SpringsSpecial Features:
- RitaCDined on 5/17/2014Nice selection, good/friendly service and dessert worth the carry out box. Also, while waiting for friends, spent a short time at the bar area and were treated very well by bartender (Crystal). Also, like that they have a light fare section (early bird in some places) not only for cost but for smaller portions for some of us who can't eat a lot of food (or shouldn't) at one sitting and taking food home, while fun once in awhile (what I refer to as a meal that keeps on giving), not always what I want to do. Have eaten here before and plan to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerRosiebudDined on 5/16/2014The food took a long time to come out but when it did it was Hot and Very Good. The server was very soft spoken and everyone had a hard time hearing her. She did get our order correct and Food was Very good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day MenuSLM0511Dined on 5/11/2014I went on line and looked at their menu. I made reservations for Mother's Day. At that time the website didn't say anything about a different menu for that day, which was pricier. It took a while for the waitress to come to our table once we were seated. I ordered a bottle of wine off of their wine list. A different waitress came back and told me that they don't have that one anymore and she didn't know why the other waitress didn't tell us. The other one on the list was over twice the price. We ordered by the glass. My Dad wanted to order off of the other menu and he was told no. We would have to go downstairs to the other restaurant (wasn't aware of 2) to get that. This was my first time there and I don't know if I will return.Special Features:
- Great Spot for DinnerNickDined on 5/10/2014Pleasant, clean, comfortable, well lite with nice view of the harbor. Food was great and a nice selection including steak and chicken as well as fish. Service was good and employees made us feel welcomed. Prices were appropriate for the dishes served. A special note; the salad was fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely diningDiningDivaDined on 5/10/2014We ate outside overlooking the waterway, and it was absolutely beautiful. Food was very good. Will return, and will also present to my Red Hat group for a wonderful excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchLunchingtonsDined on 5/6/2014I organize lunches for a group of 8-10 people on a monthly basis. I found your online reservation application outstanding. Our lunch was most enjoyable. I expect that our group will choose to return to Catches again.Special Features:
- deliciousLeslieDined on 4/27/2014The food was very good. The service was excellent. The drinks were weak.Special Features:
- DisappointingBdg16Dined on 4/20/2014The Easter Brunch menu looked great but some of the dishes were disappointing. The prime rib was raw and tasted funky, and the pork chops were way overcooked. For the hefty price the lack of quality was inexcusable. Desserts, wherever they got them from, were delicious though. Also even though it was a self-serve buffet, our party was charged an automatic 18 percent gratuity that we found insulting.
- Holiday Buffet!Grandmaof5Dined on 4/20/2014We have now been to the Christmas and Easter buffet, and while there seemed to be many more food items to choose from at Christmas, the Easter buffet was also quite good! The shrimp were delicious! The turkey tasted wonderful, but was pretty dry. Thanks so much for being there for the people who enjoy a clean-free holiday meal! Keep bringing it on, Catches.Special Features:
- Catches Saturday EveningRichieDined on 4/19/2014The restaruant is well lit and very nice. Our server was very nice but was obviously new at her job. She did not know the wine list or some of the food items. When I asked if the Seafood Bisque was cream or tomatoe based she said she guesses that it is a little of both becasue it is pink. When we ordered wine by the glass and asked for the Pinot Grigio she asked for the name of it. There is only one Pinot Grigio by the glass on the menue. She did try very hard to please and did check back with us often. We were both pleased with our food and the size of the portions.Special Features:
- ConsistentELLoadDined on 4/18/2014The ownership of Catches we believe have changed hands over the years. Some visits are better than others. With this visit, a pre-Easter celebration, we came away very impressed. Mostly due to our waitress, who was attentive, but not over bearing, pleasant and funny but not over doing it. The food was very good, portion a bit small for the "market price" but all in all, very good. We like the ability to walk over to their Tiki Bar & Hut and enjoy the outdoors in a very large covered patio and bar.Special Features:
- Better than expectedThomasDined on 4/17/2014I was worried this would be a nice location with lack luster food; but was surprised with dishes that were fresh and tasty. I imagine that the open wood ceilings and floors, would make it really noisy, when full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 choiceLuv2dineoutdoorsDined on 4/6/2014The outside dinning was a wonderful experience. Very friendly excellent service, excellent food and relaxing view, nice music. Pleasant romantic evening. We weren't rushed. Drinks from the bar were excellent also. Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2014We ate at Catches for the first time in March 2014. They seemed very disorganized. We were seated relatively quickly but we were then ignored for a full 20 minutes. There didn't seem to be any waitstaff in the main dining room. There appeared to be waiters outside, but they didn't come inside. Everyone was complaining. We eventually flagged down a waiter who was working on the other side of the room. He couldn't find the waiter assigned to our table so eventually he did wait on us. The food was fair at best. It was very disappointing.
- Great RestaurantbillyhtchcocVIPDined on 3/14/2014Catches has been a longtime favorite of mine and I go there quite regularly. Keep in mind, however, that if you happen to get there during prime dinner hours on a Friday that you'll have a lot of trouble finding parking (I had to follow a couple who were leaving in order to get a parking spot) and had I not had a reservation the wait was nearly an hour. Food is amazing, with delicious soups and fish entrees as well as wraps and salads that are fresh and large. The desserts are varied and always a winner with my party. A great value for the money, my dining partner found that he could take a leftover that would easily give multiple servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 200 reservations our nightJimWDined on 3/14/2014200 reservations our night plus walkins and I was expecting a long wait for our food. Remarkably it came out in 20 minutes and it was all great. I have never seen Catches that full. Our visitors were very happy too. All liked what they ordered. Too much breading on my Basa filet tho on my reef plate. Tad salty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nautical atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014We loved everything about Catches: the food was outstanding, as was the service. It was a very Floridian, nautically themed atmosphere, light and bright, and makes a fantastic lunch outing on the water. I'm going back for dinner at my soonest opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014The Catches provides a lovely atmosphere for dining. The service and attention were above the norm. The pace from appetizers to dinner was just right. Like all restraunts these days could use a little sound absorbing technology. The level of noise increases as the number of patrons increase. The speech level increases in concert with that increase so you can be heard. Noise is my biggest complaint with any restaurant..Special Features:
- Good food, friendly waitresses.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Good food, friendly waitresses. Multiple TV adds to the surrounding atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBethDDined on 2/19/2014Been here for many winters. Menu changed to boring. Fish selections were not interesting or special. We remembered a superb fish meal last year. Ended up with non- fish selection. Waitress forgot salads, served with meal after we reminded her. Won't go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Fish wasFirsttimer2Dined on 2/14/2014Food was very good. Fish was well-prepared. Bar attendant was very slow. They had a sign on the bar that said 1/2 off apps, if it's not valid on a certain day, it should be taken down. Waitress at our table was very friendly. Price was a little high for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.