Catch Twenty Three - Tampa
10103 Montague Street
Tampa, FL 33626Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Catch Twenty Three - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.catchtwentythree.com/
- Phone: 8139200045
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm; Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available
- Private Party Contact: Rob Wickner 8139200045
- Entertainment: Friday night: Caribbean music
A word from Catch Twenty Three - Tampa
Catch Twenty Three restaurant infuses its creativity with flavorful Latin and Caribbean influences served up in a casual, upscale setting. Island music is carried by cool breezes throughout the restaurant, recently renovated with a "Cuban Elegance" motif with a feel of a tropical resort dining room. Mouth watering aromas emanate from the pecan wood grill such as the Certified Fresh Seafood, Angus Beef or Cuban Style Baby Back Ribs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Catch Twenty Three - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Catch Twenty Three - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)late-night find (9)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OUTSTANDING!GrasshopperDined on 10/19/2014We were a party of 10. The management had our location set up and all were graciously received. The servers were outstanding. Friendly, cooperative and able to handle this large group. It was a find as most of my guest had not been to that area of town. I would highly recommend Catch 23. The fish, which can pose a challenge, was absolutely excellent. We will all return. Mary Anne CarlevaleSpecial Features:
- never go backLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014I live within walking distance to this restaurant, been there many of times in past 10 years HOWEVER I will not return. The food is only fair, expensive and on this last occasion the server never put in my wife's order !!!! When she delivered the other three meals and we asked where the four one was? Her answer was Im sorry I forgot to put it into the kitchen.
- Neighborhood favoriteMaggiemayDined on 10/10/2014Great food, weeknight specials. Sat outside where it's quieter with a musician on Friday night. Bar usually busy. Dining room tight but nice decor. Has happy hour. I was here a few weeks earlier and weekend dinner was pricey but worth it, portions were very nice. Sushi was very good. Server Alex. She was good and made it fun. There is parking lot in back. The entrance is between the shops. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite a place to hang outleibyaliDined on 10/10/2014quite a place to hang out with friends or just a casual meet upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantLuv2eatDined on 9/24/2014We recently moved into the area and were told to try this restaurant. Our waiter was very good. The food was excellent- I had the bacon-wrapped salmon, and my husband had crab cakes. Portions were generous and hot. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger NightPickyDinerVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great burger night special! Environment is loud but with the amount of diners, that's to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAnneDined on 9/20/2014everything was delicious and our service was very good. the early bird specials were a good value.Special Features:
- Great place live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was a good place it has live music plus everyone trying to talk this place is very loud food was just ok female bartender was very nice. If I go back I think I will sit at the bar the whole timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive servicegitanilDined on 8/29/2014We had a really nice experience. The servers were attentive, the food was spot on and the atmosphere was buzzing. We will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!snertDined on 8/16/2014Catch Twenty Three is still an amazing find. The seafood ranks as one of the highest in the Tampa area. If you haven't been there, it's worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always!KimberlyDined on 8/16/2014I really should say it was one of the best meals we've had there. While always very good, we ordered some different things than usual and really enjoyed. The wedge salad was off the chain - 3 strips of some of the best bacon came on top of the wedge; couldn't keep my husband out of my salad! Ceasar with the grilled salmon was awesome - the one bite I did get. Coconut shrimp was great - they do not butterfly it so you don't get all that coating. And the raw oysters were good as usualy. Aileen (sp) is the best person to have wait on you, she so bubbly, friendly and an excellent server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misappropriations of Funds.ExcitingDined on 8/13/2014I dined in with my family and was over charged. My card was ran 5 days later for a different amount after I paid part debit part cash and left a nice tip. Someone kept the $50 cash sand charged my card for the whole amount. I signed for $60 and paid $50 cash. Now my debit card was charged for $96.30 yesterday. I usually visit the restaurant every time I come to florida, and I will never go there again. I called and they weren't helpful asking me if I had a receipt. Who keeps receipts especially when your on vacation.
- A great place-Celebrate Together!MommyNighOutDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated two birthdays with a party of 6. The bar tenders are very attentive and make great drinks.. Truly mixerologists ! The food was amazing as always stuffed grouper , the sea bass , ribeye and muscles all ! There is something in the menue for everyone ... We had a great night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundExcitingDined on 8/9/2014I went there with my family and are taste buds had a flavorful party. The food was amazing and the creme brûlée was like nothing I ever had before. I live in NY, and every time I come to Tampa I have to visit Catch 23, and I will make another trip there before I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite date night dinnerCandice9873Dined on 8/2/2014This is my husband and my favorite place to relax at the end of the week and enjoy a meal and discuss our week. I do see families in there and it is kid friendly we just use this as a date night. Would highly recommend as everything we have tried is delicious and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfood4megoodfood4meDined on 8/1/2014Catch Twenty Three never disappoints us. My husband and I love their Blackened Grouper. It is always fresh and prepared to our liking. I also like the Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad. Very tasty. I tried a Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini and is was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!Puttr27VIPDined on 7/28/2014I love this great neighborhood restaurant. The food is great and is always consistent. It's casual, but in an upscale way, with fabric napkins and table coverings. The specials, from Monday - Thursday give you a reason to dine there more than once a week. The menu is varied with choices to fit everyone's taste. The spin that they put in some foods is unexpected and absolutely delicious. For example, mussels with spinach, garlic, blue cheese and bacon is to die for!! You'll want extra rolls to dip in the sauce. Once you experience this wonderful restaurant, you'll be hooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food lousy servicegiantsfan27VIPDined on 7/18/2014We were virtually ignored by our waiter. He took way too long to greet us. He never came back to check on us. We were desperate for drink refills. The entrée came out 2 minutes after our appetizers were delivered so we had to put them aside to get cold. We were never given any bread despite seeing it served to all the tables around us. Other servers seemed to be doing an adequate job so you might get lucky if you eat here. We weren't and despite liking the food we will not be coming back.Special Features:
- Great Spot to Check Out!DailyDinerDined on 7/12/2014Ate dinner with friends, staff was attentive but we were not rushed, we were there for 3 hours! Food was delicious from coconut shrimp appetizer, steak Diane dinner, salads, too.... Food was very good, staff was, too...you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Best BurgersWChaserDined on 6/30/2014The Monday night burger deal can't be beat! One of the best burgers around! Both the adults and kids love it! Friendly service and great food!Special Features:
- Food is delish!DelightfulDined on 6/27/2014We took my Mother in Law out for her Birthday. The food and service was wonderful. She really enjoyed it. I'm glad we went early tho because a band started playing just as we were finishing up dinner. Once the band started, it was hard to carry on a conversation. Will be going back with my husband soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 584 reviews are from the Catch Twenty Three - Tampa reviews archive.
- Overcooked FishregularVIPDined on 6/23/2014Based on the reviews from opentable this seemed like a good place to try for fish so that expectation only added to our disappointment with Catch Twenty Three. Maybe it was a bad night or the chefs forgot they were cooking fish instead of hamburgers (which it seemed everyone else was having) but the fish we had was overcooked in all cases. The service was good and attentive and the drinks fine. The not-fried chicken wings were not bad but we came for fish and in that aspect everything was a failure.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our experience was great. I had never been to this area and I really enjoyed the restaurant. There was a guy on a keyboard who was great and the outside area was great except for the flys which I guess can't be helped. My meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDisapiontedDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good, staff was friendly. I enjoyed a good dinner with my wife, would recomend it.
- Good food service, parking an issueJohnnyDined on 6/6/2014First time to Catch 23 on a Friday evening. After some parking hassles, we were pleasntly surprised by good quality food and service at this neighborhood eatery.Special Features:
- Outstanding neighborhood restaurantSeabeeDined on 6/5/2014We have been several times previously and it was always good, but they have stepped up the food a notch! Really good and a lot of vaiety. Both we and our guests really enjoyed our meals. Service was outstanding without being obtrusive too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodFatcatDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have been here a few times. We love their food, especially the seafood. Hard to believe in Florida it is hard to find a good seafood restaurant. The only down side to the place is the noise level. If you plan to go a peak dinner time hours, don't expect a romantic dinner. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT WAS OKFladiverVIPDined on 5/24/2014Have been here a couple times over the years and the best I can say is that it's OK. When we got seated this time, we were attacked by flies. They were everywhere. On the break, drinks, and in my hair. They did accommodate our request to move and whereas the flies were better, we were still getting plenty of them. Hopefully that problem gets resolved. I will say the macadamia nut encrusted scallops were to die for, but I had to keep waving my hand to keep the flies off. I am sure I will be back in a few months with the hopes the insect problem is taken care of.
- Yum!luv2dineDined on 5/17/2014A few friends and I met at Catch Twenty Three and loved it. The service and atmosphere were inviting. The food and drinks were fantastic. We definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here for Mothers DayRobertDined on 5/11/2014Food and atmosphere were great. Service was slow, never was told of Mothers Day special dinner or other specials. After main course was finished dessert was never offered until we asked even though it was included with Mother's Day special. Drinks were never refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!snertDined on 5/10/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the Tampa area. You can go fancier. You can go pricier. But you won't get any better. The food preparation is and taste are exceptional. And try the Ginger Sweet Potato Salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteeleDined on 4/30/2014Luckily we got there on ladies' night and the wine is divine, suggested by our server. We had a Groupon and had gnoshed our way through some appetizers, delightful, but still had some $$ left. The only other thing I have to say is "Macadamia Encrusted Chilean Sea Bass" WOW. I have been twice already and will be headed back soon. The entrance is a little crowded, lots of dodging at that juncture but it was fun to watch the people dance :-) Catch Twenty Three has become one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Live in Westchaseluvz2dineDined on 4/29/2014I just moved from Delaware 6 weeks ago to live in Westchase and this is one of the most amazing places to dine. The food was superb and the atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBigEDined on 4/27/2014Food, Service and Price all great. Loved the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereLnZLuv2EatOutDined on 4/25/2014Me and my girlfriend visited Catch Twenty Three on a Friday night date. The online reservation option worked well and they had a table for two waiting for us when we arrived. The ambiance is great live music played by a local artist who sang and played accompaniment to popular karaoke tunes. We ordered two appetizers with a pitcher of Sangria -- shredded pork and sweet plantains for the lady and I had the Ceviche with Coconut Milk and Ginger; both delicious. The portions were huge and my girlfriend was stuffed after finishing the shredded pork. I finished the meal with the Guava Salmon entree. Although the sangria was lacking, the meal was very tasty. Overall, good food, great atmosphere and friendly service made for a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a CatchMrsCDined on 4/25/2014Great food, service, ambience! Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- A GemGatormanDined on 4/24/2014First time here and now living in Ga. I wanted to take my Mother out for a early Mother's day dinner I went on line and selected this restaurant. When back in the Tampa area I would visit again. A gem that does not get maybe alot of attention from vistors / traveler's but being familier with the Westchase area I wanted something different and I found it. Service, food , price and everything about it was a great evening with my 83 year old Mother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!dolyseDined on 4/18/2014We have been to Catch 23 numerous times, never had a bad meal!! Food is always good! Service is always, spot on! Now, I do have to say, the Dolly mixed drink, was not worth the money! Next time I'll order, wine! Maybe, just a new bartender, not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers on Monday nightJackiDined on 3/31/2014This is a hopping place on a Monday night. They have a special on their hamburgers which come with a side of fries. Absolutely delicious. Extra toppings available for a bit more. A great deal- don't expect it to be quiet. It seems as if the whole town knows about this great burger deal. Reservations recommended if you don't want to wait.Special Features:
- A Tampa gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Stuffed shrimp was a masterpiece. Attentive server. Tip: don't pay to valet park. Lots of free parking within a block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.