1910 Ocean Way
Santa Monica, CA 90405Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bytheblueseasantamonica.com/restaurants-catch.html
- Phone: 3105817714x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Sven Mede
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Private Dining Room at Catch is an ideal venue for a shower, birthday, or elegant dinner party. Offering ocean views, a full bar, and seating for 16, this beautifully appointed room is perfect for your next intimate event.
- Entertainment: Live Music every night Mon - Saturday in the Lobby Lounge
A word from Catch
With a beautiful coastal setting and impeccable attention to service, Catch serves the freshest local fare from land and sea. Panoramic ocean views, sophisticated beach inspired decor, and a wine list honored with Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence will give you a brand new perspective on dining out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)special occasion (37)romantic (35)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Perfect date nightNorCalTransplantDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at Catch this week. We had the perfect table overlooking the ocean. Great care was taken to ensure our special evening was enjoyable. The food was divine and the wine pairings excellent. The hamachi crudo has been a favorite my last couple of visits and the pistachio cake at Catch might be my favorite dessert on the planet.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryDuckeaterDined on 10/3/2014We had a lovely time here for our anniversary dinner. The food and wine were excellent and the server was charming and funny--plus he provided great service. The complimentary dessert on the house was a really nice touch that made the night extra special.Special Features:
- Don't miss!AhappyLocalDined on 10/3/2014Catch has consistently been our choice for special family events or guests visiting from out of town for more than a decade. We much prefer this intimate restaurant with a #10 view and classic hotel to the others in Santa Monica and along PCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs and HopsMarinaVIPDined on 9/21/2014I did not expect a restaurant known for great seafood to serve great bbq. Were we in for a surprise! Pork ribs, succotash, cheddar biscuit, onion rings and a glass of brew $27. I thought I was back in Texas again. Fantastic! Clifford our waiter was as excited about the food as we were. All around great Sunday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely EveningCRM1VIPDined on 9/10/2014A birthday girls night out brought us to Catch. SEated by the window with a great view of the beach and sky. We were all happy with our meals. I had very crispy fish with thick cut fries which was lovely. We ordered a nice bottle of Sauvignon blanc and were not disappointed. This restaurant is a little out of our normal price range but I would heartily recommend for a splurgeSpecial Features:
- Fries with a side of fishMarkPDined on 9/10/2014Companion order whole fish catch-of-the-day and was served a very nice WHOLE plate of food. I ordered Pacific Rockfish Fish and Chips. Was served four small pieces of fish with a very large helping of steak fries. I was stunned! This dish was Fries with a side of fish. Pacific rockfish is plentiful and inexpensive, so no excuse. Setting was great and service was very good, but I go to a restaurant for the food. I will not return to Catch. Our personable and very good waiter got huffy when I shared my displeasure!
- Beautiful room & viewHappyKamperDined on 9/7/2014We had a memorable family birthday celebration w/great service & very good food. Surprised to notice a $20 charge after we paid our bill for still water. (?) Will return to Catch before we go back to Shutters to dine.Special Features:
- great findseafoodloverDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful place. Excellent seafood and a great oyster selection. Friendly and courteous staff. We will definitely go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch serves very good hotel food!Eating4funVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nothing wrong with this oceanfront eatery - make a reservation and try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the CatchLAPhilDined on 8/7/2014Catch is a restaurant with a south side view of the Santa Monica pier and the bike path in a beautiful hotel with a very friendly and spot on wait staff serving good food. What more could a hungry guy need? Well, I guess there is the money...but it's worth it. We went early enough to get a window table and had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch is LovelyJoyceDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a birthday at Catch. Everyone was happy with their meal. The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The location is fabulous.Special Features:
- Food Great, Great ServiceVicFVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. Our server was knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- No longer a catchLuvfoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Used to be a good place to have seafood and wine with a fantastic view. What happened to Catch? Food was terrible. I wonder who is the executive chef at Catch now. What a loss.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantBabsDined on 7/27/2014Celebrated my birthday at Catch and ate from the DineLA menu. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful. Will go here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and good fooddishyDined on 7/24/2014Traffic in the area can be horrendous. Valet only as street parking is all taken in summer even at night. Good dine LA menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Catch for Dine Out LAmesmVIPDined on 7/20/2014We chose Catch for my niece's 30th birthday party. She loves it, and we have never had a bad meal there. Of course, the beach setting and the ocean views from the beautiful dining room are a draw. But it's the fresh catch that keeps us coming back. The sushi selections are inventive and delicious (you must try the hamachi crudo). We have been introduced to fish here that we have never tried (or heard of) before. The vegetable side dishes are always perfectly cooked. This is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful space and serviceLuv2eatDined on 7/20/2014Ask for a table by the window, this is a wonderful place for special occasions. Service is outstanding, leisurely, cordial, and friendly. Even a person eating alone will have a great time. Sadly, the food was not the highlight, somewhat bland and uninspired fish course.Special Features:
- Great food, fabulous viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We had a lovely dinner here to celebrate a birthday. The food was delicious and generously (but not overly) portioned and very nicely presented. We enjoyed the LA Dine 3-course meal very much, especially the seafood platter appetizer and the fish & chips main course. The only downside was that our server did not know or forgot about the birthday event. The restaurant called in advance that day to confirm and offered a special dessert presentation. I also confirmed with the hostess when we arrived. However, dessert came without the candle and I had to draw the server aside to inquire. He then brought out a nice scoop of ice cream with a candle -- but it would have been nicer if I didn't have to work behind the scenes to make it happen.Special Features:
- Choose WiselyChefTesterDined on 7/18/2014Catch is simply a lovely place to dine. But the food is uneven. My wife scored with Catch's celebrated crispy, olive dusted artichokes, followed by a grilled bream to die for, with superb Italian white. I went with a special, seasonal soft-shell crab with sushi roll, and it simply made no sense. It tasted like a gimmick: crunchy and attractive but without much flavor. My clam and sausage linguine was dead on arrival--way too much sausage in relation to the two or three clams lost in the sauce, with no shells. I think too much advance preparation for a robust clientele more impressed by ambiance than food has compromised the quality, which is inconsistent.Special Features:
- Excellent!FranklycaDined on 7/17/2014Our waiter Jeff was terrific- friendly & knowledgeable - EXCELLENT evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat unevenunevenDined on 7/16/2014We went for the DineLA menu which, at $45, is cheaper than a comparable meal at the usual prices at that restaurant. Some of the dishes, such as the octopus appetizer, were very good, but the vegetables and salads accompanying the main dishes were quite uninteresting. It's quite an expensive restaurant and it's questionable whether it's worth the money.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningGbigcrazyDined on 7/15/2014We had a great evening in this restaurant in the nice lobby hotel. Food was very good and service excellent. Perfect place if you like to eat and watching the ocean in the same time Great pleasure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is keydosteinDined on 7/13/2014Granted, hotel food is usually overpriced and only fair-to-good... and unfortunately Catch, while a beautiful place to sit, bongs all those gongs. The Black Cod was mushy and wet, portion small. My wife's fish and chips were fine, but so what? How hard is it to make fish and chips at 20 bucks per? Wine was good if not pricey. Chilled seafood looked good but was too expensive to try. The eatery is trying to be all things too all people -- a fish restaurant, but with other items... but not it's in no way special. What can I say? Neither sushi bar nor lobster center nor fowl. What is it? It's called Catch, which indicates a seafood restaurant but at best it's a beige concept. Nice views but food is meh.Special Features:
- Great findToniDined on 7/2/2014We were new to this area and found Catch via an online search for a scenic restaurant. Catch did not disappoint. The menu was varied enough for the group we were with. Excellent wines, good desserts. Server was pleasure. Over all a great experience and i would definitely rerun the next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Perfect spotHongkong4everDined on 7/2/2014The premises makes everything To make u feel happy and satisfy. The way they look after u is amazing.👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!CaliangDined on 7/1/2014Was here for a romantic birthday dinner. The service, food, and view was outstanding in every way. The hostess really stood out - when she found out we were celebrating, she went out of out way to make the night special. Look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014We were seated immediately in the newly redecorated space. It was late enough to enjoy dinner but early enough on a summer night to see the ocean and the sunset. The service was spot on. Not too often but just enough hovering. The food came in a manner that gave us time to talk and catch up and then enjoy. The baked cod was exceptional. Soft and with the right amount of taste to it. Side dishes were well prepared and tasty. Dessert was all that the server said it would be topped off with a perfectly hot latte. I would return often and sit in the bar/lounge to enjoy the live music.Special Features:
- Catch was fabulousCatchisfabDined on 6/28/2014Catch sat us right away even though we were early, it was a birthday dinner, and they brought out a great slice of birthday cake. Service was attentive and Warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contrary to Negative ReviewsRocketManDined on 6/26/2014I'm glad I ignored the naysayers. The view, the food, and especially the friendly service. Plus excellent live music in the spacious, comfortable lobby.Special Features:
- The following 723 reviews are from the Catch reviews archive.
- Beautiful venuewinedownDined on 6/24/2014The staircases at the entrance are quite grand. I like the comfortable lounge area. It's open yet intimate at the same time. The floor to ceiling views of the ocean can't be beat. The food was good, not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Catch! Everything we ordered was delicious and the chocolate mousse torte was amazing! We were served with the very best of care and the view was fantastic! We are very happy our daughter suggested it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and Unbeatable ViewmesmVIPDined on 6/19/2014I use this restaurant for special occasions, but I would eat there more often if I could. The restaurant has a beautiful space with great views of the ocean. The renovated bar area in the lobby is now most inviting and often has live music. But, of course, the real attraction is the incredibly fresh seafood. The sashimi appetizers are delicious. I tried the sea bream special, and it was light and buttery. The desserts are too good to resist. I like the wine list because it is not overwhelming, but has a wide selection and a fair range of prices for every budget. The service has always been very professional and friendly. My family visiting from Hawaii were most impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overpricedNancyDVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great view, good food, but not really worth the price.Special Features:
- scenic seafood spotSirDinealotDined on 6/8/2014The food was notable amongst a scenic backdrop of sweeping ocean views. Great selection of small plates and raw bar items. Unfortunately staff was extremely lacking on being able to describe the various dishes and wines including the daily selection of fresh oysters. Entrees included non-seafood but the stars were all still fish-related. It's expensive but competitive for hotel upscale dining.Special Features:
- Still a trendy place for diningKingdigimonDined on 5/31/2014I have been coming to Casa Del Mar quite some time. They seem to be changing things up a bit in the hotel with their decor. Personally I liked the restaurant setting a little better before their remodel. It's now a little bit more casual, but the food and service still excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood/Amazing SettingJaneVIPDined on 5/17/2014We came here post college graduation dinner and had a beautiful view of the beach from two sides. We had the oyster platter. The cod and steaks were hits at our table. There was a special swordfish dish that was good.Special Features:
- Renovation destroyed a great placeDougDined on 5/17/20141 year ago we gathered here for a fabulous dinner. Then 4 months ago because of the first visit. Catch didn't bother to mention was the place being renovated and the menu was reduced. Saturday was another special occasion - I called to confirm the reno was done. "oh yes!". But the beautiful, quiet bar area with beach / ocean views was destroyed. All tile floor, hard surfaces, LOTS of noise. We asked to be seated in Catch early to hear each other. Service was "ok". Menu is smaller. Food was good but not the same "fabulous" category of our first visit. All in all, an "ok" very expensive experience. (and we are happy to pay for quality) We went across the street to Shutters for a cappuccino, much less noise and some great live jazz.Special Features:
- Catch a great experiencegreat2dineDined on 5/11/2014All around wonderful. There for Mothers Day. Service, food and setting spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Amazing ViewsGetty20132809VIPDined on 5/4/2014The staff is so nice and accommodating, the food fresh and light and you can't beat the clear view from the second story to the ocean.Special Features:
- Excelent restaurantluv2dineBRDined on 5/3/2014We went to The Catch for a special ocasion. The food was excelent, the service was really nice, but unfortunately that night, there was a class party in a room near the restaurant and it was really noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.