Catch Restaurant Upstairs
100 8th Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0K7Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Catch Restaurant Upstairs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.catchrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4032060000x1
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Our private Red Wine Room is also available for all day meetings. Please contact Shay-lynn Miller for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kyle Groves
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Wine Room can accommodate up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ian Blaney 4032060000
- Special Events: Catch Restaurant & Oyster Bar has three venues to choose from for your special event. Main floor, White Wine Room, second floor Red Wine Room, Atrium space on third floor. Let Shay-lynn and Chef Kyle design the perfect event for you!
- Cross Street: Centre Street
- Public Transit: 1 block south of the C train platform. There are always ample taxi cabs available on Centre street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking available at the Telus Convention Centre, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Palliser square and above ground corner of Centre Street and 7th Avenue. Diners who park in the Hyatt Regency Hotel parking lot can have their parking validated after dining in the Catch dining room.
A word from Catch Restaurant Upstairs
Upscale second floor Restaurant. Four diamond award winner with an innovative menu designed by Executive Chef Kyle Groves, and an interactive wine guide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Catch Restaurant Upstairs - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Catch Restaurant Upstairs reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)special occasion (50)notable wine list (45)romantic (38)good for groups (23)great for lunch (20)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We decided to go for our anniversary and we were not disappointed! Beautiful atmosphere combined with perfect service, Catch made our evening memorable. The food was amazing! plated so elegantly and tasted amazing. We had an appetizer and a main course and we were not dissapointed. With room for dessert, we tried the taste of chocolate and paired it with a nice Americano! Delicious end to what was a perfect evening. Thank you Catch! We will see you soon and this time we will have to try the amazing oysters that we saw people enjoying at most of the tables around us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Went to Catch Upstairs for lunch and was completely impressed by the quality of the food and service. The presentation was so impressive I actually took a picture of it to show people. The service was prompt and friendly on a professional level.Special Features:
- Pleasant placeDamayVIPDined on 10/14/2014Had a very nice lunch here. It was clearly a business crowd and we were quite casual, but the staff was no less amiable to us. We had some wonderful fish dishes perfectly prepared. along with a nice bottle of rose. Other then the winelist was a little short on moderately priced wines ( and only one rose offered), it was a very pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCprudcalgDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated our 32nd Anniversary knowing it was going to be a lovely evening with wonderful food and superb service. It was all of that. Thank you to Catch for the gluten-free Oysters Rockerfeller - our expectations are always met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTexasToddVIPDined on 10/6/2014I'm a big fan of ling cod, and theirs is the best I've had. Nice wine list, and outstanding food will definitely bring me back again.Special Features:
- opentableuserVIPDined on 10/3/2014My hubby and I brought the MIL for lunch to Catch as she was in town visiting, we love Catch and wanted to share the experience with her. They have a new menu so tried the foie gras with grape jelly. One word - AMAZING!! I had the special which was halibut cheeks (who knew?). We also ordered the mussels and scallops, all in all we loved it and the biggest critic, my MIL - approved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMeetingguyDined on 10/2/2014We requested a quiet area for a group of 6 people for a business meeting and that is exactly what we got. They have a separate area near the wine cellar that was perfect. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Great wine list on an iPad and the appies would meet the expectations of any foodie. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a business meeting or any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great wine, great service.the waiter was very friendly a bought us our desert. Only downside was the crazy rambunctious women sitting by us yelling. Always a great place to go and a stop in Calgary.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceMonkeyPigDined on 9/26/2014Catch never disappoints! We like everything about this great downtown seafood restaurant. And as always, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timelainDined on 9/20/2014This is an excellent restaurant. First time I had been there. Service was very attentive and helpful with menu selections. It is an expensive restaurant so be prepared for that. The food could have been warmer as could the cappuccino at the end of the night.Special Features:
- Caught by Catch!YYCMRSDined on 9/20/2014Starting from the seasonal 'Tomato Tasting', on to the 'Indian MMarinated Hallibut' through to a finish of 'Baileys Semi Freddo', this meal had us hook, line and sinker. Located in Calgary's premier hotel - The Hyatt, Catch has never failed to meet our high expectations. In fact, it tends to surpass! The tab for two with a bottle of wine and shared dessert was $200 including tip which seems quite in sync with other fine Calgary restaurants.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I have been to this restaurant to many times and the overall experience is very good for me and my clients.
- We thoroughly enjoyed the mealBarbDarDined on 9/17/2014Waiter was great. Service was great. the Bass was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sureSlimshadyDined on 9/13/2014While I rate this restaurant highly for food, service and ambience and don't get me wrong it was a nice evening and the food presentation was wonderful however, later that evening having not eaten anything else since, I did not feel very well at all! Read between the lines if you wish, no need for too much detail here!Special Features:
- Birthday dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Overall everyone enjoyed our dinning experience. The service was eceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Special EveningAnnieDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant met with my desire for a special evening to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Our server treated us as special guests with champagne and the works. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upstairs Catch is a CatchhcbcalgaryVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food here is always worth coming back to - I have never been disappointed. Fresh flavours and well orchestrated sides on the main plates, especially the catch of the day. The service is excellent. I like Catch Upstairs for business lunch, there is more room between the tables than the downstairs Oyster bar, and the sunlight coming in through the upper floor windows is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuckytwoDined on 9/5/2014Great evening with delicious food and great service. One of our favourite places to dine!Special Features:
- Great for All Occations!JamesVIPDined on 9/4/2014One of my favourite spots in Calgary whether for business or personal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, slower serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had the seafood tower, which was awesome, although we waited a long time to be greeted at the door, and then we had to change tables, and then waiting quite a while to put our order in. The food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- So-so foodLovefoodandwineDined on 8/23/2014Had the tuna appetizer, was pretty bland, needed a sauce. Got the scallops (without beef tongue) they were cooked perfectly but it needed more vegetables or more of a side dish especially for the price. My husband and I both said we wouldn't go back but glad we tried. Friends with us enjoyed their fish.Special Features:
- AiexDined on 8/15/2014The wine was spectacular and the oysters were very nice, though the pricing was high for the value. A good place to go on company dime but I would not pay for it again myself.Special Features:
- What a catchFoodgeekDined on 8/14/2014Was in the mood for seafood while traveling through Calgary and had dinner with a friend at catch. Service was great, food was incredible, really nice atmosphere nice artwork on the wall. Not overly noisy, easy to have conversation. Hope to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backMWandcoDined on 8/12/2014We had a very good experience at Catch Upstairs for dinner on a Tues night. We started with a dozen oysters and the waiter suggested a selection of 3 different types and then explained where each was from and their characteristics once the plate arrived. All were excellent! We then shared a pasta appetizer which was cooked perfectly and had fresh garden peas as part of the topping. Delicious. Mains of fish (I had the special, my husband had the snapper) both well prepared and cooked perfectly. Nice sized portions too - not too big but more than enough. We were persuaded to have dessert as we saw another table sharing the creme brûlée so had to have it. Very tasty and a good size for sharing. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bellyupcatDined on 7/29/2014A business associate is going to retire and we treat her there. Quite environment with very professional waiter, excellent place for chatting. Blacken ling cod was excellent. Oysters were fresh and tasty as usual. Not cheap but worth every cents.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014An excellent dining experience. My boyfriend and I started the evening with Negroni cocktails, a dozen oysters (the orange and champagne mignonette was divine) and crab cakes, all of which were wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. For our entree, we both ordered the naked lobster which was also superb. We also ordered the Crémant d’Alsace which was the perfect accompaniment for the lobster. The decor was elegant and the service impeccable. We would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Great Service!WCRCDined on 7/23/2014Waiter Conrad was very accommodating to our group. Great service! Food was delicious - portion sizes small. Great tasting seafood for a Prairie seafood place. Everything was fresh tasting.Special Features:
- FantasticFoodreviewDined on 7/19/2014From appetizer to dessert, amazing food. My tuna was perfectly seared. Practically melted in my mouth. Server was professional and knowledgeable without being intrusive. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and great location1969CamaroDined on 7/8/2014The food quality was excellent and the feature appetizer was fantastic several other tables ordered and reordered more the Tempura Shrimp. The Clam and Mussel pot was fresh and full of flavour. Seemed like everything on the menu would be a great choice. The fresh oyster bar looked amazing but will have to make that the second trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Seafood LoverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Came here for a birthday dinner with my girlfriend. This place was recommended to me by a friend and did not disappoint. Great for an upscale seafood meal. Highly recommended. Service was excellent. We shared the crab cake (absolutely worth getting!) and my Arctic Char was great with its butternut squash. My girlfriend enjoyed the Bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 547 reviews are from the Catch Restaurant Upstairs reviews archive.
- Superb seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2014The small seafood tower was shared by everyone at the table and offered a variety of chilled shellfish (lobster, crabs legs, mussels, oysters, clams.... Delicious. The naked lobster main course made the meal though. Pricy but well worth the treat. A sufficient amount of perfectly cooked lobster - and no shell to deal with! Served with the tastiest sweet corn (flavored with tarragon) I have ever eaten and a very interesting fennel tart tatin. Delicious. The creme brûlée and the chocolate pistachio and apricot composition finished the meal perfectly. Great service from Glen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood in Calgary?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014I've lived in Nova Scotia and I went to school in Vancouver, so I am pernickety when it comes to seafood. The Catch doesn't disappoint: for quality and freshness they are one of Calgary's best and I have always had great food there - even their lamb is very good if there is a non-seafood lover in the group. The raw oysters were fresh, not too large, and the sauces well paired. The service was quick and courteous; the Catch remains one of my favourite spots to dine well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal food and serviceCHYLVIPDined on 5/30/2014Catch came highly recommended by friends and it did not disappoint. We went there to celebrate a birthday and we got top-notch service and food. The staff went out of their way to make the evening special for us. The food was meticulously prepared so that the tastes and textures complement each other perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at The Catch celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We had the crab cake and humpback shrimp appetizers and my wife really enjoyed the naked lobster while I had the daily special of sturgeon. The service provided by our waiter Glenn was exceptional. Glenn was very friendly but not too instrusive and seemed to know exactly what we wanted to make our first experience at the Catch the best ever.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic!KristieDined on 5/23/2014Our food was fantastic and the waiter was great. He was very friendly and accommodating. The prices are quite high for everyday dinning but great for really special occasions. The restaurant itself was beautiful but you either had to walk 3 flights of stairs down or 4 flights up for a washroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster should be broiled/steamedThePyesDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I had the naked lobster, which is pre shelled whole lobster. Just claws and tail though. I found the presentation visually pleasing, but the lobster wasn't cooked as I prefer lobster. This lobster was much like a poached egg, the meat was tender but the texture more like raw oysters and a bit watery. I'm guessing the lobster was partially cooked ahead of time and then quickly heated in boiling water before serving. This was my first visit to this restaurant, so I will not write it off my list of downtown dinner spots. Next time, no Lobster. Free Parking is a plus!Special Features:
- Forgot how good it is...groupof4Dined on 5/14/2014Honestly we avoided Catch for a while, remembering it as expensive. It is... but not as outrageous as remembered... the food was excellent... service great... we were early in the evening so the empty restaurant may have contributed to the timely and attentive service.Special Features:
- SuprisiedFoodieDined on 5/3/2014Over priced for the quality of the food !The food was very blan , the portions were a great size, survice was comparable to a moxies ect . I would not go back.Special Features:
- Tomato deliciousness!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014My favourite was the tomato appetizer; I forget what they called it, but it was tomatoes done 5 ways as an appetizer and it was incredible. :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey forrddinerDined on 5/2/2014Interesting menu, fish was excellent, some of the sides were just ok. Appetizer partly frozen. For the price, it was not what was expected. Waiters were very attentive.Special Features: