Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
6623 Market St
Wilmington, NC 28405Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://catchwilmington.com/
- Phone: 9107993847
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southeast Asian, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith Rhodes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact us directly @ 910-799-3847
- Entertainment: Watch Chef Keith Rhodes on Bravo's Top Chef Texas_Season 9
Vote for Chef @ Bravo TV Top Chef Fan Favorite
A word from Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef Season 9" contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes explores the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce & Herbs.Provide the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef 2008-201.3 Dubbed “Modern Seafood Cuisine” we offer an array Fresh Seafood & Steaks,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our Mouth watering “Fire Cracker” Shrimp, Crispy Cajun Fried NC Oysters & Blue Crab Claw Scampi, Seafood Ceviche& Conch Fritters to name a few. Larger Plates include Plancha grilled Painted Hills Steaks, Blackend Red Drum Filet, Charleston Crab Cakes, Tempura OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Queen Trigger fish. Full ABC Permits.Wines by the Glass & Mixed DrinksContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (32)notable wine list (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Killer!petyaDined on 10/17/2014We were looking for a new place for Friday dinner. Friends had told us to try Catch. We went there and it instantly became our # 1 place in Wilmington, NC ! Food, service, quiet at 6:00 pm were better than New York. We are thrilled. Don't miss the fried clams and soft shells. We loved every moment. The prices were not cheap, but fair for the quality. Go for it with your honey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014it seemed as though the dishes were over thought...for instance the blacked maui flavor overtook the flavor of the rest of the dish...service was excellent
- Consistent excellenceBoosterDined on 10/4/2014The Catch is always an excellent dining experience. The food is suburb, the service is excellent and attentive, and it is a great atmosphere once you get inside the restaurant. All of the menu items are very good and creative but with the perfect combinations.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Creative menu options perfectly prepared Romantic atmosphere. Excellent friendly service from a helpful, knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdayguyDined on 9/27/2014Best salmon I have ever eaten! Staff was great. Atmosphere was great but maybe a little loud at times. Probably due to the high energy level. Would have given food 5 stars but my wife ordered seafood platter and it only consisted of flounder and shrimp. Someone should have advised that when she ordered, probably would have picked something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh CatchChipRDined on 9/26/2014Freshest seafood in town, great service, can't wait to go back on my next trip to Wilmimgton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent. I had the blackened Mahi with cheesy grits. My wife had the pork. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh delicious foodLoneatingDined on 9/25/2014From the outside it looks like just another quick place to grab a bite but don't let it fool you go inside! We were reluctant but so glad we did the food was amazing and the service was great. My favorite spot to eat now .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Dining at Catch for the first time was a great experience. The menu had just enough choices to make it hard to pick just one, but wasn't too large to be overwhelming. The appetizer, salads, entrees and bar drinks were all delicious. No complaints. There were a few items that weren't available, but the staff communicated that prior to ordering. The service was a tad slow, but I suppose when the food is fresh and local, that's nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnereastbeachfanDined on 9/22/2014We couldn't have been happier with our experience at Catch. Each course was a surprise, with an awesome presentation and uniquely wonderful savoring tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyDined on 9/11/2014Excellent! So glad we tried it....this is a real jewel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafoodPopnNanaDined on 9/9/2014A very interesting menu. I had the lobster, lobster and it was great. My wife had the shrimp salad and it was out of this world! The restaurant is in a strip mall setting but the inside is very comfortable. Service was outstanding. I would definitely return if I am in the Wilmington, NC area!Special Features:
- Great grouper!BreckgolferDined on 9/6/2014Full crowd on a Saturday night. Appetizers of shrimp ceviche and lobster slider were very good and very filling. Suggest splitting one between two people. I had the grouper which was excellent, my wife had the seafood platter which was disappointing as it was fried and lost much of the taste due to the frying. Very good, attentive service and a good mix of people for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014it was a friday night, never being there except during the week. the staff was running trying to accommodate everyone. some unhappy patrons could be heard complaining about menu items not being available. this is a restaurant that uses only the freshest so maybe that is why. as usual the food was wonderful & unique. noise level high. staff not experienced. chef's choice of wines great.Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014I can't believe I haven't eaten here sooner! Everything was delicious. I don't think I said a word while eating. I had the special, the drunken lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Have had a wonderful dinner. Our server made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Liz was our server. She was amazing. The food was so interesting. The flavors and textures were unusual and very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A must-try restaurant for foodies!LaurahDined on 8/19/2014My mom who lives in Wilmington had hyped this restaurant to us after going last year with my brother. THE HYPE IS REAL. We took her there this week to celebrate her birthday - good choice!! Even my 15 yr old daughter and her friend enjoyed the food. Each dish was unique and presented well. The flavors and sauces were to die for. We all ate off of each other's plates. The service was a bit slow but food was incredible. I appreciated the noise level in this small restaurant. My mom had no trouble hearing everyone at the table. No small feat. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Always a treat. Food is ALWAYS delicious and the wait staff and bar staff are entertaining and fun.Special Features:
- Like the name saysSurferBobDined on 8/18/2014Catch is clearly the best "modern" seafood restaurant in the area. We started with a wonderful local shrimp ceviche which had the perfect balance of acidity and tasted like the shrimp were minutes from the sea. Our entrees were both specials and were examples of why you go out to a fine restaurant. I had the seared tuna with a corn relish which was cooked to perfection and so tender you could cut it with a fork. My wife had the local grouper (we shared) with a tarragon cream sauce that was marvelous. We each had a glass of red wine that complimented the meal perfectly. To top it off we had homemade peach/basil ice cream. We went home very happy and very satisfied.Special Features:
- Great findViceatsDined on 8/15/2014Best dining in Wilmington - crab cakes, shrimp and ribs. All were wonderful. And don't forget to try the sweet potato salad- a marvel with greens, roasted potatoes and goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseBarbDined on 8/15/2014I had seen this recommended but just tried Catch this week. The food was high quality, presented well with very nice menu choices. Waitress was extremely attentive will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJlP2014Dined on 8/14/2014The okra appetizer was delicious! Entrees of salmon and tuna were outstanding! In particular the lemon grass couscous accompanying the tuna was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was it a bad night?devinedineDined on 8/9/2014We are new to the area and had heard a lot of good things about Catch, so wanted to try. Everything on the menu was superbly described, but the actual food did not match up. Calamari was good, but nothing special and was over salted. Ahi Tuna had little taste, and the salmon was very over cooked (dry). Staff was very friendly and did a good job. Menu prices were on the high side, so expectations were naturally going to be high. Overall experience was average at best. Since moving to the area in May, we have been to a number of Wilmington area restaurants which we have found to be great dining experiences. Unfortunately, Catch will not be on that list.
- Catch the dining experiencechapelhillianDined on 8/8/2014Wow! Another superb meal here! Situated in a nondescript location east of downtown Wilmington and on the way to Wrightsville Beach, Catch is a notable dining venue for die-hard foodies. Chef Keith Rhodes is to be commended for wonderfully prepared and innovative meals. Our most recent visit included the ceviche and crab cakes, and sweet potato salad and snapper. The chocolate dessert was exquisite. Most of all, the Rhodes family was all about warm and accommodating hospitality, which made the visit especially memorable. Go early or get a reservation ahead of time, as the place fills up quickly during the usual dining "rush hour."Special Features:
- Good CatchFoodDevilDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Excellent wait staff. Lived up to its billing for great seafood. Will go back if we return to Wilmington.Special Features:
- Catch it!heidiDined on 8/4/2014Food is thoughtfully prepared and presented, with local products highlighted. Cocktails are always delicious and add a special touch to the experience of eating at Catch every year while on vacation. Location is not fancy, but the food certainly more than covers that issue.Special Features:
- Excellent foodfranco153Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time and we were glad we did it. We had excellent food in a very nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMrBillDined on 8/2/2014Good overall experience. I would give the grouper special 5 * but the lobster was spiced (rice) too strongly and spices overwhelmed the lobster 3*. Yes , would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional dining experienceFizzDined on 7/30/2014We went to Catch for our 31st anniversary dinner. We chose Catch because it's a chef owned, farm to table restaurant. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, it was apparent that we had made an excellent choice. The waitstaff was pleasant and extremely knowledgable. The food was all fresh, well prepared, and scrumptous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch the opportunity to eat hereTheaMDVIPDined on 7/29/2014Staying at topsail beach for a week with family. Came here for my birthday dinner . Not a lot of kid friendly food . They did some fried shrimp for my 6 yr old which was very fresh . But don't come here for your kids ! Come for a light pesto with fresh bread . Come for flaky grouper . Come for firecracker shrimp . Come for the angry 1.5 lb lobster with a Asian sweet rice . Come for award winning crab cakes . Nestled right off a main road . Easy to get to . Foodies will appreciate this place . Not your average fried seafood . Don't expect a view as it's no where near water . Don't worry though . Your taste buds will thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNCFoodieDined on 7/29/2014The place is in a little strip mall and not much on atmosphere, but don't be deterred, the food is amazing! The sweet potato salad is absolutely not to be missed. Delicious roasted sweet potatoes with blueberries (while they are in season), greens and a delicious homemade dressing. I had a grouper special on this visit and it was served with wilted greens and fresh creamed corn. Out of this world. Everyone practically licked their plates. You won't be dissapointed.Special Features:
- Best Wilmington restaurant, by farhorseyDined on 7/28/2014This is the third time we have taken family/visitors to Catch, it is the best restaurant in town, by far, exceeding all visitors' expectations, and ours! Food and service is superb, and all of indoors, decorations wise etc, I could live at the bar, the only downer is the location of Catch, on horrible and busy Market St, no scenic view whatsoever, not near beach or downtown, but, the excellent everything else makes of for the lack of view! Fantastic place. Can't wait for a special occasion to return.Special Features:
- It took foreverCalcalDined on 7/23/2014Yes, Catch was great food and ambience yet it took at least 40 minutes for us to finally get our entrees after we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food........Always!DaveCDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten here 4 to 5 times now. The food has been great! Service is pretty good also. Wait staff knows the food menu and are very helpful. Brought a new couple to the restaurant last night, and they thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fresh food with modern stylebigfoodie1982Dined on 7/17/2014Catch has great fresh food we took the whole family and had a great time the chef even came out for pictures with the family the plates were awesome age here twice in one week if that tells you anything this restaurant is highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belmagDined on 7/16/2014each dinner tasted as if it were specifically Made to order. It was unbelievably flavor filled. Would love to learn how to put all those herb flavors together. Remarkable. And Thank You.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local, local, localMocheDined on 7/14/2014I loved the freshness of the ingredients, as the chef designs his menu around what is available locally. The drinks were creative and top notch. The waitstaff were efficient, friendly, and most importantly, knowledgeable. This is a perfect place to enjoy the best seafood cuisine that southeastern North Carolina has to offer. Be sure to make reservations!Special Features:
- Best meal in a long time!eastcoastncgalDined on 7/12/2014Best meal in a long time! Catch is one of Wilmington's top 5 best restaurants for fresh seafood in this (long time) local's opinion. The location appearance can be deceiving, but it is great once inside. Also, a little pricey but worth every penny! We got the specials and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night!BarneyDined on 7/11/2014Our server, Jennifer, was top notch! Food was fabulous! Will go back over and over! Thx Angela & Keith!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.