Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
6623 Market St
Wilmington, NC 28405Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://catchwilmington.com/
- Phone: (910) 799-3847
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southeast Asian, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith Rhodes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact us directly @ 910-799-3847
- Entertainment: Watch Chef Keith Rhodes on Bravo's Top Chef Texas_Season 9
Vote for Chef @ Bravo TV Top Chef Fan Favorite
A word from Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef Season 9" contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes explores the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce & Herbs.Provide the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef 2008-201.3 Dubbed “Modern Seafood Cuisine” we offer an array Fresh Seafood & Steaks,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our Mouth watering “Fire Cracker” Shrimp, Crispy Cajun Fried NC Oysters & Blue Crab Claw Scampi, Seafood Ceviche& Conch Fritters to name a few. Larger Plates include Plancha grilled Painted Hills Steaks, Blackend Red Drum Filet, Charleston Crab Cakes, Tempura OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Queen Trigger fish. Full ABC Permits.Wines by the Glass & Mixed DrinksContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (27)notable wine list (18)good for groups (16)hot spot (14)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- yumyumDined on 11/24/2014Great service and ambience. The grouper special and the sweet potato salad was delicious! Restaurant decor and music made me feel like I was back in South Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Catch was just a fabulous restaurant! Everyone was so very nice and professional! Food exceptional! Wine recommendation was spot on! It is a little noisy but I think because everyone just has a great time at this restaurant!! I would recommend everyone to try Catch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, fantastic service.AikaterineKDined on 11/15/2014We don't eat out frequently since I've developed Celiac, which is an extreme allergy to gluten. I have tried to find places where I felt safe eating, and this one tops the list. Not only is the food amazing, but the service was top notch and the waitress really took the time to go over the menu with me to help me figure out what I could eat. I was even offered gf versions of what was on the menu. In the end, I went with the chef's special for the night, which was scallops and butternut squash with kale in a curry sauce. It was phenomenal. He isn't a seafood fan, so he had the duck which came with brussel sprouts. It was also quite delicious. He also ordered a couple of cocktails which were quite good, and I enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner. The wine list isn't so large that you can't decide what you would like, but has a bit everything you could want. I really feel like I need to acknowledge again how great the service was. When we made the reservation we specified the celiac, and when seated, we mentioned it again, but the server already knew. When she gave us our bill, it had also been written in again under my order. I don't think I could have been more pleased with the whole experience, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner, wine and dessert were AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Dinner, wine and dessert were AMAZING!! Had the small neck clams, angry lobster, and the pumpkin brulee!! Everything was perfectly cooked and served in perfect timing by our lovely waitress! We will be back soon!!Special Features:
- Outstanding!MaddogDined on 11/8/2014My Beloved Wife and I have been to Catch many times. It is easily our favorite restaurant in Wilmington, NC. Keith Rhodes, the chef, truly knows what he is doing when it comes to cooking. His dishes are innovative, fresh and always delicious. I won't even describe specific dishes because I can assure you that whatever you order will be great. Do your self a favor and go to Catch. I would advice you to make reservations because it is very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Our server was friendly and helpful, but seemed stretched a little thin for a Saturday night. Especially at a place that requires reservations and at this price point. I've eaten here twice and my experience has been that the front of the house seems very mis-managed. The seafood entrees that I have had were very good and the menu is very well put together. I had the duck this time and it was marginal at best. Obviously there had been some sort of mix up. My food was stone cold while my date's grouper was piping hot. Overall good food but needs a professional overhaul on the front of the house side.Special Features:
- Absolutely the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014Every time I walk thru the door and dine I am so grateful we have. Place like this in North Carolina,the USA and the planet . Love all who cook,wait on me and just smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteSuluDined on 11/5/2014One of the best meals we've had in Wilmington. Best shrimp and grits for sure. Lobster entree was divine. And martini was perfection with tiny chipped ice bits. A treasure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLanceDined on 11/3/2014One of the top 5 restaurants I've been and certainly the best seafood restaurant, if you're looking for more creative, gourmet style dishes. The chef also incoroporates Southern (and local) food stuffs into the menu, like greens and pork belly. I believe it is one of the most expensive restaurants in the Wilmington area, but certainly worth it.Special Features:
- Great Seafood and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Octopus was grilled perfectly, with a subtle sauce that complemented the dish. The Grouper was nicely prepared, tender and tasty. The fried Oysters were a just right guilty pleasure, high praise from my New Orleans wife, and the coconut cake with caramel sea salt ice cream finished the meal nicely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We went with a friend who had previous gone and raved about the food, especially the sweet potato salad. We were not disappointed in the food and appreciated that we did not feel rushed. We also appreciated that we were actually able to have a conversation without trying to scream above the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Creative food designs! Everything was prepared very well, cooked properly. Wait staff was friendly & knowledgable. Only one complaint: Chairs are uncomfortable. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerholyh2oDined on 10/25/2014We enjoy good food and good wine. We both cook well, but once in a while, for a special occasion, we like to go to a good restaurant. We had eaten at CATCH once before, and it was good enough to want to go again. We often get 1 app. and 1 entre' when we go out, along with some wine. This time we went with 2 apps. and 1 entre'. I'll give this place a good rating for 2/3 of our meal. The shrimp ceviche' app. was wonderful, and the sea scallops were very good. Skip the lamb ribs app. Mostly fat, very little meat, although what was there was tasty. We'll probably not hurry back, but we will go sometime again. The seafood is fresh and very good, if a little pricey.
- Did great with GFGFdinerDined on 10/23/2014Waiter was knowledgeable and concerned about my GF needs. Chef willing to customize if needed. Great to see so many options of seafood! Needs better sign outside. Decor could stand an upgradeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!PastGloryDined on 10/22/2014The food here is really fresh, interesting, full of flavor, and beautifully presented. There is a great variety on the menu - seafood of course but there are other tasty options. The service is friendly and helpful; the atmosphere casual. The chef provided us options for the kids in our group - very helpful. And, please don't miss the sweet potato salad - it is awesome. Everyone regretted not including it in their order after tasting mine! If you drink cocktails don't miss the bar tenders specials - so creative. Save room for dessert. I had the apple tart - WOW! the pastry part was perfect and the filling was sweet and not overcooked - topped with maple whipped cream. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer!petyaDined on 10/17/2014We were looking for a new place for Friday dinner. Friends had told us to try Catch. We went there and it instantly became our # 1 place in Wilmington, NC ! Food, service, quiet at 6:00 pm were better than New York. We are thrilled. Don't miss the fried clams and soft shells. We loved every moment. The prices were not cheap, but fair for the quality. Go for it with your honey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014it seemed as though the dishes were over thought...for instance the blacked maui flavor overtook the flavor of the rest of the dish...service was excellent
- Consistent excellenceBoosterDined on 10/4/2014The Catch is always an excellent dining experience. The food is suburb, the service is excellent and attentive, and it is a great atmosphere once you get inside the restaurant. All of the menu items are very good and creative but with the perfect combinations.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Creative menu options perfectly prepared Romantic atmosphere. Excellent friendly service from a helpful, knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdayguyDined on 9/27/2014Best salmon I have ever eaten! Staff was great. Atmosphere was great but maybe a little loud at times. Probably due to the high energy level. Would have given food 5 stars but my wife ordered seafood platter and it only consisted of flounder and shrimp. Someone should have advised that when she ordered, probably would have picked something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh CatchChipRVIPDined on 9/26/2014Freshest seafood in town, great service, can't wait to go back on my next trip to Wilmimgton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent. I had the blackened Mahi with cheesy grits. My wife had the pork. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh delicious foodLoneatingDined on 9/25/2014From the outside it looks like just another quick place to grab a bite but don't let it fool you go inside! We were reluctant but so glad we did the food was amazing and the service was great. My favorite spot to eat now .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Dining at Catch for the first time was a great experience. The menu had just enough choices to make it hard to pick just one, but wasn't too large to be overwhelming. The appetizer, salads, entrees and bar drinks were all delicious. No complaints. There were a few items that weren't available, but the staff communicated that prior to ordering. The service was a tad slow, but I suppose when the food is fresh and local, that's nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnereastbeachfanDined on 9/22/2014We couldn't have been happier with our experience at Catch. Each course was a surprise, with an awesome presentation and uniquely wonderful savoring tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyDined on 9/11/2014Excellent! So glad we tried it....this is a real jewel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafoodPopnNanaDined on 9/9/2014A very interesting menu. I had the lobster, lobster and it was great. My wife had the shrimp salad and it was out of this world! The restaurant is in a strip mall setting but the inside is very comfortable. Service was outstanding. I would definitely return if I am in the Wilmington, NC area!Special Features:
- Great grouper!BreckgolferDined on 9/6/2014Full crowd on a Saturday night. Appetizers of shrimp ceviche and lobster slider were very good and very filling. Suggest splitting one between two people. I had the grouper which was excellent, my wife had the seafood platter which was disappointing as it was fried and lost much of the taste due to the frying. Very good, attentive service and a good mix of people for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014it was a friday night, never being there except during the week. the staff was running trying to accommodate everyone. some unhappy patrons could be heard complaining about menu items not being available. this is a restaurant that uses only the freshest so maybe that is why. as usual the food was wonderful & unique. noise level high. staff not experienced. chef's choice of wines great.Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014I can't believe I haven't eaten here sooner! Everything was delicious. I don't think I said a word while eating. I had the special, the drunken lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Have had a wonderful dinner. Our server made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Liz was our server. She was amazing. The food was so interesting. The flavors and textures were unusual and very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A must-try restaurant for foodies!LaurahDined on 8/19/2014My mom who lives in Wilmington had hyped this restaurant to us after going last year with my brother. THE HYPE IS REAL. We took her there this week to celebrate her birthday - good choice!! Even my 15 yr old daughter and her friend enjoyed the food. Each dish was unique and presented well. The flavors and sauces were to die for. We all ate off of each other's plates. The service was a bit slow but food was incredible. I appreciated the noise level in this small restaurant. My mom had no trouble hearing everyone at the table. No small feat. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Always a treat. Food is ALWAYS delicious and the wait staff and bar staff are entertaining and fun.Special Features:
- Like the name saysSurferBobDined on 8/18/2014Catch is clearly the best "modern" seafood restaurant in the area. We started with a wonderful local shrimp ceviche which had the perfect balance of acidity and tasted like the shrimp were minutes from the sea. Our entrees were both specials and were examples of why you go out to a fine restaurant. I had the seared tuna with a corn relish which was cooked to perfection and so tender you could cut it with a fork. My wife had the local grouper (we shared) with a tarragon cream sauce that was marvelous. We each had a glass of red wine that complimented the meal perfectly. To top it off we had homemade peach/basil ice cream. We went home very happy and very satisfied.Special Features:
- Great findViceatsDined on 8/15/2014Best dining in Wilmington - crab cakes, shrimp and ribs. All were wonderful. And don't forget to try the sweet potato salad- a marvel with greens, roasted potatoes and goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseBarbDined on 8/15/2014I had seen this recommended but just tried Catch this week. The food was high quality, presented well with very nice menu choices. Waitress was extremely attentive will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJlP2014Dined on 8/14/2014The okra appetizer was delicious! Entrees of salmon and tuna were outstanding! In particular the lemon grass couscous accompanying the tuna was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was it a bad night?devinedineDined on 8/9/2014We are new to the area and had heard a lot of good things about Catch, so wanted to try. Everything on the menu was superbly described, but the actual food did not match up. Calamari was good, but nothing special and was over salted. Ahi Tuna had little taste, and the salmon was very over cooked (dry). Staff was very friendly and did a good job. Menu prices were on the high side, so expectations were naturally going to be high. Overall experience was average at best. Since moving to the area in May, we have been to a number of Wilmington area restaurants which we have found to be great dining experiences. Unfortunately, Catch will not be on that list.
- Catch the dining experiencechapelhillianDined on 8/8/2014Wow! Another superb meal here! Situated in a nondescript location east of downtown Wilmington and on the way to Wrightsville Beach, Catch is a notable dining venue for die-hard foodies. Chef Keith Rhodes is to be commended for wonderfully prepared and innovative meals. Our most recent visit included the ceviche and crab cakes, and sweet potato salad and snapper. The chocolate dessert was exquisite. Most of all, the Rhodes family was all about warm and accommodating hospitality, which made the visit especially memorable. Go early or get a reservation ahead of time, as the place fills up quickly during the usual dining "rush hour."Special Features: