Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
6623 Market St
Wilmington, NC 28405Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://catchwilmington.com/
- Phone: 9107993847
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southeast Asian, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith Rhodes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact us directly @ 910-799-3847
- Entertainment: Watch Chef Keith Rhodes on Bravo's Top Chef Texas_Season 9
Vote for Chef @ Bravo TV Top Chef Fan Favorite
A word from Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine
Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef Season 9" contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes explores the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce & Herbs.Provide the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef 2008-201.3 Dubbed “Modern Seafood Cuisine” we offer an array Fresh Seafood & Steaks,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our Mouth watering “Fire Cracker” Shrimp, Crispy Cajun Fried NC Oysters & Blue Crab Claw Scampi, Seafood Ceviche& Conch Fritters to name a few. Larger Plates include Plancha grilled Painted Hills Steaks, Blackend Red Drum Filet, Charleston Crab Cakes, Tempura OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Queen Trigger fish. Full ABC Permits.Wines by the Glass & Mixed DrinksContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Catch - Modern Seafood Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (31)notable wine list (21)hot spot (11)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Delicious!luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014I can't believe I haven't eaten here sooner! Everything was delicious. I don't think I said a word while eating. I had the special, the drunken lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Have had a wonderful dinner. Our server made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Liz was our server. She was amazing. The food was so interesting. The flavors and textures were unusual and very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A must-try restaurant for foodies!LaurahDined on 8/19/2014My mom who lives in Wilmington had hyped this restaurant to us after going last year with my brother. THE HYPE IS REAL. We took her there this week to celebrate her birthday - good choice!! Even my 15 yr old daughter and her friend enjoyed the food. Each dish was unique and presented well. The flavors and sauces were to die for. We all ate off of each other's plates. The service was a bit slow but food was incredible. I appreciated the noise level in this small restaurant. My mom had no trouble hearing everyone at the table. No small feat. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Always a treat. Food is ALWAYS delicious and the wait staff and bar staff are entertaining and fun.Special Features:
- Like the name saysSurferBobDined on 8/18/2014Catch is clearly the best "modern" seafood restaurant in the area. We started with a wonderful local shrimp ceviche which had the perfect balance of acidity and tasted like the shrimp were minutes from the sea. Our entrees were both specials and were examples of why you go out to a fine restaurant. I had the seared tuna with a corn relish which was cooked to perfection and so tender you could cut it with a fork. My wife had the local grouper (we shared) with a tarragon cream sauce that was marvelous. We each had a glass of red wine that complimented the meal perfectly. To top it off we had homemade peach/basil ice cream. We went home very happy and very satisfied.Special Features:
- Great findViceatsDined on 8/15/2014Best dining in Wilmington - crab cakes, shrimp and ribs. All were wonderful. And don't forget to try the sweet potato salad- a marvel with greens, roasted potatoes and goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseBarbDined on 8/15/2014I had seen this recommended but just tried Catch this week. The food was high quality, presented well with very nice menu choices. Waitress was extremely attentive will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJlP2014Dined on 8/14/2014The okra appetizer was delicious! Entrees of salmon and tuna were outstanding! In particular the lemon grass couscous accompanying the tuna was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was it a bad night?devinedineDined on 8/9/2014We are new to the area and had heard a lot of good things about Catch, so wanted to try. Everything on the menu was superbly described, but the actual food did not match up. Calamari was good, but nothing special and was over salted. Ahi Tuna had little taste, and the salmon was very over cooked (dry). Staff was very friendly and did a good job. Menu prices were on the high side, so expectations were naturally going to be high. Overall experience was average at best. Since moving to the area in May, we have been to a number of Wilmington area restaurants which we have found to be great dining experiences. Unfortunately, Catch will not be on that list.
- Catch the dining experiencechapelhillianDined on 8/8/2014Wow! Another superb meal here! Situated in a nondescript location east of downtown Wilmington and on the way to Wrightsville Beach, Catch is a notable dining venue for die-hard foodies. Chef Keith Rhodes is to be commended for wonderfully prepared and innovative meals. Our most recent visit included the ceviche and crab cakes, and sweet potato salad and snapper. The chocolate dessert was exquisite. Most of all, the Rhodes family was all about warm and accommodating hospitality, which made the visit especially memorable. Go early or get a reservation ahead of time, as the place fills up quickly during the usual dining "rush hour."Special Features:
- Good CatchFoodDevilDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Excellent wait staff. Lived up to its billing for great seafood. Will go back if we return to Wilmington.Special Features:
- Catch it!heidiDined on 8/4/2014Food is thoughtfully prepared and presented, with local products highlighted. Cocktails are always delicious and add a special touch to the experience of eating at Catch every year while on vacation. Location is not fancy, but the food certainly more than covers that issue.Special Features:
- Excellent foodfranco153Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time and we were glad we did it. We had excellent food in a very nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMrBillDined on 8/2/2014Good overall experience. I would give the grouper special 5 * but the lobster was spiced (rice) too strongly and spices overwhelmed the lobster 3*. Yes , would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional dining experienceFizzDined on 7/30/2014We went to Catch for our 31st anniversary dinner. We chose Catch because it's a chef owned, farm to table restaurant. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, it was apparent that we had made an excellent choice. The waitstaff was pleasant and extremely knowledgable. The food was all fresh, well prepared, and scrumptous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch the opportunity to eat hereTheaMDVIPDined on 7/29/2014Staying at topsail beach for a week with family. Came here for my birthday dinner . Not a lot of kid friendly food . They did some fried shrimp for my 6 yr old which was very fresh . But don't come here for your kids ! Come for a light pesto with fresh bread . Come for flaky grouper . Come for firecracker shrimp . Come for the angry 1.5 lb lobster with a Asian sweet rice . Come for award winning crab cakes . Nestled right off a main road . Easy to get to . Foodies will appreciate this place . Not your average fried seafood . Don't expect a view as it's no where near water . Don't worry though . Your taste buds will thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNCFoodieDined on 7/29/2014The place is in a little strip mall and not much on atmosphere, but don't be deterred, the food is amazing! The sweet potato salad is absolutely not to be missed. Delicious roasted sweet potatoes with blueberries (while they are in season), greens and a delicious homemade dressing. I had a grouper special on this visit and it was served with wilted greens and fresh creamed corn. Out of this world. Everyone practically licked their plates. You won't be dissapointed.Special Features:
- Best Wilmington restaurant, by farhorseyDined on 7/28/2014This is the third time we have taken family/visitors to Catch, it is the best restaurant in town, by far, exceeding all visitors' expectations, and ours! Food and service is superb, and all of indoors, decorations wise etc, I could live at the bar, the only downer is the location of Catch, on horrible and busy Market St, no scenic view whatsoever, not near beach or downtown, but, the excellent everything else makes of for the lack of view! Fantastic place. Can't wait for a special occasion to return.Special Features:
- It took foreverCalcalDined on 7/23/2014Yes, Catch was great food and ambience yet it took at least 40 minutes for us to finally get our entrees after we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food........Always!DaveCDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten here 4 to 5 times now. The food has been great! Service is pretty good also. Wait staff knows the food menu and are very helpful. Brought a new couple to the restaurant last night, and they thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fresh food with modern stylebigfoodie1982Dined on 7/17/2014Catch has great fresh food we took the whole family and had a great time the chef even came out for pictures with the family the plates were awesome age here twice in one week if that tells you anything this restaurant is highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belmagDined on 7/16/2014each dinner tasted as if it were specifically Made to order. It was unbelievably flavor filled. Would love to learn how to put all those herb flavors together. Remarkable. And Thank You.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local, local, localMocheDined on 7/14/2014I loved the freshness of the ingredients, as the chef designs his menu around what is available locally. The drinks were creative and top notch. The waitstaff were efficient, friendly, and most importantly, knowledgeable. This is a perfect place to enjoy the best seafood cuisine that southeastern North Carolina has to offer. Be sure to make reservations!Special Features:
- Best meal in a long time!eastcoastncgalDined on 7/12/2014Best meal in a long time! Catch is one of Wilmington's top 5 best restaurants for fresh seafood in this (long time) local's opinion. The location appearance can be deceiving, but it is great once inside. Also, a little pricey but worth every penny! We got the specials and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night!BarneyDined on 7/11/2014Our server, Jennifer, was top notch! Food was fabulous! Will go back over and over! Thx Angela & Keith!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food- service, not so much.chefMDined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed all of the food, but the service was weak at best, bogging down the quality of the meal. Our server introduced himself, saying he would be taking care of us tonight. After taking the order, bringing bread and drinks, we never saw him again. The apparent waiting tables as a group concept never worked here. We had empty drinks at one point for 20 minutes. The talented owner needs to revamp the service concept soon. We probably wont go back.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodLmsundazeDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant features local food and very fresh ingredients. The food is innovative but not weird. It is my favorite in wilmington nc.Special Features:
- Good food, nice people...kpcilmVIPDined on 7/5/2014After 3 meals there we are confident in the quality of the food, and have not had any real disappointments (though the lobster sliders were not especially interesting). Specialty cocktails are excellent, and the wine list has some real finds on it. ...but, it is a little unpolished on the service end. The wait staff is uneven- all friendly enough, but delivery in particular is erratic.Special Features:
- beachkidDined on 7/5/2014We had heard a lot abut this restaurant and it lived up to expectations. The soft shell crab and salmon were delicious. The service was very good. They offered many specials that all sounded delicious. We will certainly go again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CatchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014This is the second time we've dined here and it was another wonderful experience. The food was very good as was the attentive service. I don't know how the meat dishes are (I assume the too are good) but I doubt I will ever stray from the seafood dishes. they are just too darn good. Mahi was not available so they substituted tuna for the seared dish. It was absolutely excellent, and plenty of it. Go early as it gets a bit noisy as it gets crowded. Besides, then the chef has time to come out and say "Hello".Special Features:
- 27th Anniversary dinnerMetalhead1369Dined on 6/28/2014On the recommendation of the Noni Bocca proprietors, I made dinner reservations for me and my bride of 27 years. The shrimp cervices was fabulous; the salmon entre melted in your mouth and they ended running out within an hour and a half due to demand; and the lemon tart was easily in the top five deserts I have eaten in my 51 years on this earth. The recommended wine pairing was spot on and was devine. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBeto1225Dined on 6/28/2014Food is definitely fit for foodies and always tastes amazing. The specials are usually very good. Drinks are a little pricey but taste great. We always enjoy our dining experience there and have never ordered anything we didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch a Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our experience at Catch and would recommend it to anyone. Only hitch was the shared appetizer came at the same time as our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKKRRDined on 6/27/2014Small place and small staff. We love not being rushed and we thought the timing of the food was excellent. Waitress gave excellent suggestions and all the food was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. Our table tried the scallops, the fish special of the day and the tuna. The first course says share on the menu and that is a good suggestion as the portions are large if you are also having an entree. The firecracker shrimp was delicious. Good wine list and she was knowledgeable about the wine. Coffee was delicious and comes in big cups. We were unable to give the desserts a fair try due to being too full. The only other comment as the place became more crowded then it became more conversationally challenged.Special Features:
- What a meal!MikeyDined on 6/25/2014This was our second time to Catch and it was another fantastic meal! The calamari was crisp and expertly fried with a choice of dipping sauces that were a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Our entrees were delicious and the plates left clean! I was very impressed with my shrimp and grits which included a dozen or so nice sized local shrimp covered in an unctuous gravy. We also had the soft shell crab special and mahi mahi which was spicy and delicious. We finished the evening with a piping hot pineapple and cherry crumble. The food was wonderful, the service was attentive but not intrusive and we all left with full happy bellies. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!GJKSDined on 6/21/2014My wife heard great things about Catch so we made reservations to celebrate our anniversary and I must say the food was excellent! My wife is not much for shrimp but she raved about the Fire Cracker Shrimp appetizer. She had grouper for the entree and I had blackened mahi mahi with grits and blue crab on top and they were both excellent. The bread was delicious as well. Will definitely recommend to others!Special Features:
- Wilmington's best!LovetoeatwellDined on 6/20/2014We are always extremely pleased with our dinners at Catch and like to take our friends there. There were four of us on Friday and each of us had a different entree. Each of us raved about the selection they had made. We are all folks with world wide restaurant dining experience and feel that Chef Keith is right up there with the best.Special Features:
- Lobster, lobsterLobsterloverDined on 6/16/2014We both had lobster dinners-the drunken and the tempura. Great presentation". The potatoes were excellent. Unlike previous times, the lobsters were overly salty. Still enjoyable but not up to earlier meals. Service was knowledgeable and faultless. The creme brûlée was along the best, perfect end to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/16/2014I was traveling to Wilmington and decided to try this restaurant after seeing it on opentable. What an absolute find! Absolutely everything I ate was a flavor explosion. I saw people at other tables sharing food because it was so good! The waitress was wonderful, guiding me to the sweet potato salad, which was out of this world! I will definitely visit this restaurant on my return trips to the city.Special Features: